Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

POLICE ARE NOW ALLOWED TO KILL YOUR DOG IF IT MOVES OR BARKS

FLDMARSHAL

• Member ID:  5490
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  4101
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/18/1976
  • Device:  Windows

700_25037e44a2a8654a21f3fa3e0214dcec.jpg

Police get away with so much. Just turn on the news and how many shootings have occurred by police officers. It seems like this is a daily occurrence. Now the police can put shooting your beloved Toto in the same category. A recent court decision has ruled that it is okay to shoot barking dogs, but the decision has had a harsh backlash. 

In the Washington Examiner, the Sixth Circuit Court ruled that Officer Christof Klein was allowed to shot Mark and Cheryl Browns' two dogs to death. The police were called to search the house for drugs. Officer Klein noticed one of the pit bulls starting to move slightly, figured it was "lunging" toward him and off the dog went to dog heaven. The first shot just injured the dog. The injured dog ran down to the basement to hide in fear. The officer felt he could not clear the house safely with the dogs in the basement. When the officer went down to the basement, this caused the dogs to start barking and the officer shot more shots, fatally wounding the first dog. The story does not stop there. Klein saw the second dog and started shooting it also. When he took a break from the video-game liking shooting, he noticed how in pain the dog looked and then made sure to finish killing the dog. The newspaper article reports that the dogs' owners felt that it was a violation of their fourth amendment: unlawful property seizure. The court sided with Klein as the owners could not prove that the dogs did not bark or lung toward Officer Klein. The seizure of the dogs was appropriate. There you have it. No wonder blacks are shot so constantly. All a police officer has to do is say the victim flinched in front of him allowing the killing. This brings to light that an adequate training is needed by the policy academy. They are obviously trained to react before a threat is immediate. If he had slowed down and stopped to see how the dogs were going to react, two dogs' lives could have been saved. I do not blame a police officer for the reaction to the pit bulls. My mom took a walk with our dog, and a pit-bull like dog lunged for them. That pit bull mangled my mom's finger and had our dog by it's neck. These dogs are dangerous, hence so many code violations where owners cannot own them, but again, sometimes slowing down and smelling the roses is what needs to happen.

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.14
  • Achievement Points:  129714
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

We have had many cases where cops are raiding a home and it is the wrong home and they shoot the dog on entry. Sad. 

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

I love the police, and I love dogs. I will chose a police life over a dogs life...but just barely... now if a low life kills my dogs...I may or may not have pre-dug burial plots for them...

johnny

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

My dog is almost like one of my kids . . you mess with my dog you messin with family!

As a responsible dog owner I have taken the time to teach my dog commands for her safety and anyone who comes into contact with her.

If you don't have the time to teach your dog then you shouldn't have a dog period. 

Think about it  . . . .your dog sees a tender soft rabbit across a busy street and you know how much she likes to chase bunnies but crossing that busy street would certainly be the end of her so you give the command to stay and problem solved. Had the owner of the dog in your post @@FLDMARSHAL given the command to stand down and not bark those animals would still be alive.

Police officers generally don't want to shoot someones pet and I don't think the problem lies with the police officers as much as with the owners of the dogs.

In the case with your mother being bitten again had those dogs been trained and cared for properly they would not have attacked.

Dogs are pack animals and think in terms of your family is their pack and in this case they were warning the pack by barking and were ready to defend the pack if need be. Dogs will fight to the death to protect you the least you can do as a dog owner is train them.

• Member ID:  5470
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2483
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Achievement Points:  22902
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

Coming from a cop family I can tell you they have always been able to shoot dogs. If the officer feels his safety is compromised by a dog he can shoot. 

• Member ID:  2137
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3993
  • Birthday:  05/20/1964

If my safety is compromised by a officer with a dog can I shoot hmm the officer first or do I shoot myself.

Hmm

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2483
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Achievement Points:  22902
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

Wow elmer. All I can say is you will most definitely lose that battle.