Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

*Leaked* NEW Call of Duty set to WWII Scenario!

Icey

• Member ID:  21469
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1800
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/11/1972

Leaked info on the new call of duty says it will be in WWII. 

A YouTuber — “TheFamilyVideoGamers” — has posted a video of what appears to be images of Call of Duty 2017 marketing artwork, some of which appear to be concepts for final art.

The leaked images show that Call of Duty 2017, developed by Sledgehammer Games, will take place during the World War II era.

The images above show artwork that Activision appears to be creating for promotional images for the title. It also appears that Activision has decided to be straightforward with the naming scheme for the game and call it ‘Call of Duty: WWII’. This would be, probably, the simplest name for a Call of Duty game since before Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Back in 2014, Michael Condrey (Studio Head of Sledgehammer Games), stated that he wanted to see another Call of Duty game set in World War II“I think a next generation game with the latest production values and robustness in a World War II setting like Band of Brothers would be amazing.

Furthermore in 2015, Activision Publishing CEO, Eric Hirshberg, said in an interview that it’s “certainly possible” that there would be another World War II Call of Duty game: “Those kinds of things happen,” Hirshberg said, “so there’s definitely a chasing of innovation and new ideas within a well-worn genre that lead people to similar conclusions like changing time periods. And of course I think that opens up the opportunity for what is old is new again.”

We do caution that, as of now, Activision has not confirmed any of this art work.

Thus far, Activision has only confirmed that this year’s title is developed by Sledgehammer Games. They also said that Call of Duty 2017 title will take ‘Call of Duty back to its roots.’

Stay tuned for the latest news on Call of Duty 2017.

More info should arrive in a couple of days.

IMG_4383-150x150.png

IMG_4387-150x150.png

IMG_4387-150x150.png

IMG_4385-150x150.png

Awards

• Member ID:  21216
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

if it does not have servers we can run and mod tools i say so what! ;) 

2 hours ago, Go0fLo0p said:

if it does not have servers we can run and mod tools i say so what! ;) 

whats that for a bs comment ?  do u actually have server and making maps ?

Awards

• Member ID:  1850
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

34 minutes ago, Icey said:

Don't listen to him Icey we have people on here that say things and have no idea what they are talking about.  I for one thank you and your team for making the maps you do

Hunter.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Lets hope they don't screw this up too

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

It'll probably be good but it'll never be CoD1 and 2, those were the best ones and the others don't come close. We didn't have all those silly perks and ridiculous weapons and what not. Not saying I am hating it right away, it will be interesting to see how it goes :) I for one look forward to its development. Once it is released, I can form my own verdict. 

• Member ID:  221
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1864
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  12302
  • Birthday:  06/10/1967

Interesting. thanks for sharing . I really hope they don't mess it up .

• Member ID:  151
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  9137
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94145
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I've seen this couple days ago on FB, but now can't find. I thought a trailer? Personally, as my sig shows, I prefer and play only WW2 era COD. Looking forward to seeing the new one, though we likely won't have the open servers (dedicated) with mods we have now (aka, newer Modern Warfare, Black Ops, etc. screwed it up). Custom maps and mods make the older ones great! We'll see!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/this-years-call-of-duty-reportedly-called-ww2/1100-6449012/

Edited by LtLaszlo

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8261
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53581
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

I'll have some faith on this game. I think they seen all the places BO3 went wrong in their releases of the game , tool , then servers. So here's to hoping :)

On 3/27/2017 at 3:31 PM, Icey said:

no i do not have my own server but i did and yes i do have the mod tools for cod4 and that is just for your trolling ass ;) cod has let us all down in the past so why should i expect anything more? oh and what is the newest cod server XI has running and why? 

13 hours ago, Go0fLo0p said:

no i do not have my own server but i did and yes i do have the mod tools for cod4 and that is just for your trolling ass ;) cod has let us all down in the past so why should i expect anything more? oh and what is the newest cod server XI has running and why? 

Excuse us mappers and modders for being enthousiastic for a new cod ww2 game, did i hurt your feelings ? your the one trolling with your bs comment, not having your own server and i doubt u ever made a map. having the tools doesnt mean u did actually something with it to appreciate them since CoD 1/UO ( show your work otherwise)

Your the stereo type of guy who has a big mouth and trolls whenever and wherever he can on news about CoD but never did anything to contribute, that CoD has let u down for u doesnt mean that for modders and mappers its the same.

Yes they went the wrong way after world at war, yes i was disappointed aswell that they went that way, but the fact they are returning to their roots makes alot of us modders and mappers believe their intentions are good and give us what we want since the release of world at war.

The new tools actually already are made that got released for Bo3, only question is if they release them for the new cod alongside with dedi servers.

p.s

I dont care wich newest server XI has running since thats not even the topic here, its about your BS comment "so what" on a news item wich clearly your not interested in, if your not interested in something then just shut it instead of trolling or slagging it off.

Awards

18 hours ago, Labob said:

I'll have some faith on this game. I think they seen all the places BO3 went wrong in their releases of the game , tool , then servers. So here's to hoping :)

agree with u there m8,  seeing they will return to their roots,  Its Sledgehammer tho who will be making this one.

But with the release of DoW and the upcomming Battalion1944 who both are ww2 shooters, have the dedi servers and the tools they also saw how thats been recieved by the community and the hype around them. both games made by relatively small compagnies but they did create what the players want for long time and therefore they got huge support. Also 1 of the reasons the Battlefield series went back to ww1 is my guess.

lets cross fingers and hope they follow ;)

Awards

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  2015
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16685
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

1 hour ago, Icey said:

Excuse us mappers and modders for being enthousiastic for a new cod ww2 game, did i hurt your feelings ? your the one trolling with your bs comment, not having your own server and i doubt u ever made a map. having the tools doesnt mean u did actually something with it to appreciate them since CoD 1/UO ( show your work otherwise)

Your the stereo type of guy who has a big mouth and trolls whenever and wherever he can on news about CoD but never did anything to contribute, that CoD has let u down for u doesnt mean that for modders and mappers its the same.

Yes they went the wrong way after world at war, yes i was disappointed aswell that they went that way, but the fact they are returning to their roots makes alot of us modders and mappers believe their intentions are good and give us what we want since the release of world at war.

The new tools actually already are made that got released for Bo3, only question is if they release them for the new cod alongside with dedi servers.

p.s

I dont care wich newest server XI has running since thats not even the topic here, its about your BS comment "so what" on a news item wich clearly your not interested in, if your not interested in something then just shut it instead of trolling or slagging it off.

On the subject of mapping and what not, I am interested in it because I want to make a map for CoD2 for our servers but I can't get my head around the mapping software!

If they do go back to the roots of CoD, I hope they put their heart into it instead of their money. The earlier CoD games were so much more entertaining and I could feel all the hardwork and the enthusiasm and love that went into them. Now its a lazy cash-grab by Activision because they know people will buy it, no matter how bad it is
Sometimes I wonder if the original creators of CoD (also MoH) look at the series now and think: "My god, what's happened to our once loved franchise?" Maybe I am too old school!

Call me when it has dedicated servers on PC? ;)

54 minutes ago, DeathWaveUK said:

On the subject of mapping and what not, I am interested in it because I want to make a map for CoD2 for our servers but I can't get my head around the mapping software!

If they do go back to the roots of CoD, I hope they put their heart into it instead of their money. The earlier CoD games were so much more entertaining and I could feel all the hardwork and the enthusiasm and love that went into them. Now its a lazy cash-grab by Activision because they know people will buy it, no matter how bad it is
Sometimes I wonder if the original creators of CoD (also MoH) look at the series now and think: "My god, what's happened to our once loved franchise?" Maybe I am too old school!

more then happy to help u on your way into mapping ;) also XI have some nice mappers aswell like Labob, Mark, pretty sure they can assist aswell.

The problem with the CoD Franchise is that they are made by different compagnies, first u have Activision/Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer and ye, i know for a fact that some of the leveldesigners at Treyarch think, what has cod become to,  over at mappersunited where im part of, ( its where all mappers/modders have their home of whats left of the mapping/modding community) we have around 4/5 mappers who got hired by Treyarch after mapping for the community for a long time, their work in making the maps got them into the compagnie and they just started like u and me and they also oldskool, but now that they are employed by Treyarch they just have to make what the compagnie is telling them, regardless of what they like to make.

Only thing i can think of, is that they kinda forced to go back to ww2 since they had so many feedback of what the cod community wants and also seeing that the competition went back to old skool warfare.

They would be dumb to not release tools and dedi servers with it wich extends the life span of their game, but its not treyarch that is releasing this one but Slegdehammer, the ones behind Call of Duty MW3 and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Although they did a decend job on that, it wasnt ww2 themed.

Awards