Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

DM3, HLSW, and Server Crashes

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

2nd day in a row that DM3 has crashed late afternoon switching to map Balystock.

And why is it that HLSW has frequently been showing our servers offline when, in fact, they aren't?  I prefer to check the servers and enter through HLSW when I find there are people in there playing.  Today, all servers but the Sniper server are showing "Timeout" yet (before DM3 crashed again), I could get into the game through the game itself just fine.  The Sniper server appears to be at a completely different IP, so I can only suspect it's a server configuration issue on 74.91.xxx.xxx.

Is anyone putting in support tickets with this host and getting some support from them?

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74918
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

It's not clear why DM3 has been crashing but thanks for noting a map name, this does help if it's consistently one map.  I know when I uploaded the maps for this rotation, I had a couple internet issues and although I verified every file was transferred, perhaps corrupt so I've re-uploaded this map and the map before it for what it's worth and see if that fixes anything.

As for HLSW, I only see the timeouts when my internet goes wonky, out in the country and direct wireless...  Regarding the IP of the sniper server, this is probably the result of switching mods a while back but hasn't changed for a while so may just have to update your HLSW.
With respect to server configuration, I'll check it but hasn't been altered in that manner in any recent case.

As for the host, I don't believe any of this is a host issue, the servers are split between two different hosts.

Anyway, I will monitor HLSW and posts throughout the day tomorrow for ongoing issues and if the problem persists, will try a different rotation but there's no maps here that under normal circumstances should be causing an issue.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

Thanks for the reply, Merlin, and for keeping an eye on things.  My internet isn't the best, living out of a van and all, but I'll try switching over to my house's WiFi next time I see Timeouts on HLSW just to check if that clears things up.  I won't have the house WiFi available much longer, so we'll see if I can even catch it.  As of the time I'm writing this, HLSW this morning is showing all servers looking normal.  But here's the thing:  With the Sniper server on 149.56.xxx.xxx and all the rest on 74.91.xxx.xxx, I absolutely do believe it's a server/host issue when the three on the latter go Timeout, while the former looks and acts normal.  I don't see this as an HLSW issue at all.

Anyway, I don't need to update my HLSW since it's working fine.  I can go into the Sniper server without a problem at all.  For that matter, I can go into all 4 servers as long as HLSW doesn't show them in Timeout. If you're saying that the Sniper server should also be found on the 74.91.xxx.xxx IP then why is there a Sniper server responding at 149.91.xxx.xxx?

The map before Balystock was that snowy map that has a grave yard back in one corner, and buildings people like to snipe out of the windows from, and roofs you can get up on, but I don't remember its name.  Sorry.  I know that even that information isn't necessarily relevant since the server does player size based rotations.  Day before last, I think we may have been coming out of another map when it borked out.

Have a good day.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74918
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

So far today, I have not seen any timeouts on HLSW and haven't seen Byalistok come up yet.

• + COD4 Moderator

• Member ID:  30308
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  5533
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/28/1973

4 hours ago, djMot said:

Thanks for the reply, Merlin, and for keeping an eye on things.  My internet isn't the best, living out of a van and all, but I'll try switching over to my house's WiFi next time I see Timeouts on HLSW just to check if that clears things up.  I won't have the house WiFi available much longer, so we'll see if I can even catch it.  As of the time I'm writing this, HLSW this morning is showing all servers looking normal.  But here's the thing:  With the Sniper server on 149.56.xxx.xxx and all the rest on 74.91.xxx.xxx, I absolutely do believe it's a server/host issue when the three on the latter go Timeout, while the former looks and acts normal.  I don't see this as an HLSW issue at all.

Anyway, I don't need to update my HLSW since it's working fine.  I can go into the Sniper server without a problem at all.  For that matter, I can go into all 4 servers as long as HLSW doesn't show them in Timeout. If you're saying that the Sniper server should also be found on the 74.91.xxx.xxx IP then why is there a Sniper server responding at 149.91.xxx.xxx?

The map before Balystock was that snowy map that has a grave yard back in one corner, and buildings people like to snipe out of the windows from, and roofs you can get up on, but I don't remember its name.  Sorry.  I know that even that information isn't necessarily relevant since the server does player size based rotations.  Day before last, I think we may have been coming out of another map when it borked out.

Have a good day.

149.56 has a COD5 sniper server, 74.91 has a COD4 sniper server

chrome_e5svKgzIWg.png

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53618
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

149.56 has a COD5 sniper server, 74.91 has a COD4 sniper server

chrome_e5svKgzIWg.png

I did not catch that. Eagle eye will be your CB handle for the week. 10-4 little buddy

• + COD4 Moderator

• Member ID:  30308
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  5533
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/28/1973

1 hour ago, Labob said:

I did not catch that. Eagle eye will be your CB handle for the week. 10-4 little buddy

Roger that, see you on the flip flop

• Member ID:  23734
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Achievement Points:  9206
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

3 hours ago, Merlin007 said:

So far today, I have not seen any timeouts on HLSW and haven't seen Byalistok come up yet.

i played byalistok before and all good