Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Be Warned On Scams, Sad State Of The World!

LtLaszlo

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9146
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Achievement Points:  94222
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  316
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Any of you been scammed or attempted to be scammed via the internat yet? Last week we recieved a Citibank check my wife had to sign for for $2,300.00. Wondering WTF, I called Citibank in an attempt to find out who the f#%@ sent such a check. Through a bunch of BS automated phone calls I was told "No funds available for deposit". So now I'm thinking again WTF? Two days later, my 17 year old son told me of an email he got from trying to sell a guitar on Craiglist for $320,00. This guy gives explicite instructions that a check will come for $2,300.00, so deposit it and send the balance via Western Union to some "movers" who need the money for "another deal" he is doing with these movers. Being an Idoit and thank God not a moron, I reply with a bunch of questions followed by a trip to my bank. Low and behold I'm told it's a scam. Many people will deposit the check, then Western Union there OWN money to the A-holes. I have bought and sold several items without this kind of BS (usually using Paypal). What a sad state that we have this great technology and it's corrupted by A-holes like this. I've reported this to the Craiglist links for this kind of crap, so hopefully someday this loser is anal raped in prison some day as he deserves! Ass-hole!

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Sorry this happened to you Laz. It's one of the oldest scams on Craigslist and has been around for years. There are even big warnings on their pages to avoid dealing in this manner. Anybody who has tried to sell a big ticket item on CL has probably received an email from a scammer trying to pull this one off. I once fucked with one of the scammers and agreed to take his cashier's check and forward the funds. They sent the check to my PO box and gave me the account info to forward the funds to. The cashier's check was counterfeit, and the bank account was in an eastern block country.

There are also people that will post pictures of expensive items for sale at a bargain price that are scams as well. They tell you that they'll knock 20% off if you buy with cash, and when you show up they stick a gun in your face and rob you.

Lots of things to be careful of out there when dealing with strangers on the web. Only deal locally and in public places.

Well, like I siad fortunately I'm not a moron so I lost no money! I was suspicious enough. But I'm sure some have and it's a shame that these low lifes exist!

• Member ID:  2923
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1242
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8349
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1976
  • Device:  Windows

If people quit looking for the free ride and falling for the easy way out people would quit trying to scam. There is an idiot born every minute. The Fu%^&ng maggots I agree anal raped unless they like that then eye raped. sounds ok to me.

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

My thoughts are these scamers hackers should made to become organ donors..make me pres and this 3 strike shit would go second strike your an organ donor save lots of cash and lives that way

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

I don't know about you guys but this person contacted me from a 3rd world country. He's a billionair that wants his money to go to his children. For some reason he has chosen me to help him out. I'm sending him $5,000 to send me 5 billion dollars and all I have to do is send his family a dollar. So if you don't see me for awhile you know why. I'm livin on the easy street from now on......

I don't know about you guys but this person contacted me from a 3rd world country. He's a billionair that wants his money to go to his children. For some reason he has chosen me to help him out. I'm sending him $5,000 to send me 5 billion dollars and all I have to do is send his family a dollar. So if you don't see me for awhile you know why. I'm livin on the easy street from now on......

LOL!! I'll bet you've eaten yellow snow, too because your friend said it taste like lemonade!!

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11

The added "bonus" in this country of falling for the cheque scam is that one can be prosecuted for money-laundering.

The more common fraud at the moment involves cold-calling from an Indian call centre that claims ones PC is infected

with a virus requiring their help (and a fee) to eradicate it. Unfortunately, the elderly tend to fall for this one.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6418
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54347
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Yup old ass scam that makes tons of loot nd is not so traceable in fact most accounts that are tapped are kept open by the feds to monitor ....Go figure...But if you would put this check in your account it would freeze it instantly pending a federal investigation of your assets...All should be very weary of online purchases without paypal or someother protection and NEVER PAY WITH TRAVELERS CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS....Phantom helped me bust one that my moms nd pops had working on them for a spare room they had for rent nd was over paid by mistake nd asked to forward the over payment to some where else.....BUSTED