Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Brand New Mw2 Cod4 Mod Is Out Please Test And Leave Feedback 10/19/12

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  2069
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966
  • Device:  Windows

I just tried to get in and it timed out. Helloooo typo when I entered the address. I deserve a medal for that...!

Edited by Astronomer

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

I removed the random airstrikes and also changed a couple other things that might help with the weapons. Let me know

Awwww.... I spent weeks and weeks to get those to work. You should leave them and keep the chaos. :w00t:

Just kidding. Even with all the work I added the custom options because not everyone thinks the same as I do. And in some gametypes, like sniper games, the weapon ones would be horrible but the emp/cuav would be good. Hope it makes the server more enjoyable.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  1096
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  789
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/21/1955

Hey sammy can you make it to where some maps have them and some don;t they way we could have it both ways and if someone don't like the Random strikes they can wait for another map ?

There are already ways built in to do that but the per-map list can get long. So up to all of you to decide and make the appropriate server settings to do it.

That would end all the mixed feelings or at least slow them down i think...its kinda like a medium for the mod

Soapbox...

I am highly biased certainly but in ways I equate arguments against ambient weapons... or maps with built in minefields... to claymores or betties. Or explosive barrels with timers that some maps have. Only difference is kill credit. Heavy rushers dont like having to deal with traps since it messes up their style. Which is the point. So IW/BO came to the crazy decision to cripple explosives down to 1 to make the rushers happy and so they would stop complaining. Believe it or not even then some still did. But I must remember that there are many others that think differently and should have the means to shut them off. Which is why mods are important. ;)

I did consider at one time that ambient weapons would credit the kill to the lowest player on one or the other team. Ambient weapons would be considered attacks called in by the commanders away from the battlefield. They would not count towards streaks.

That's a great idea , at least the team would get the credit for the kill towards winning the round.

If enough people would like that talk to the admins so they can let me know what they would like and I will see what I can do.

• Member ID:  459
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416

played thre again..MR bubbles was there as well...

problem 1 MP_garena....had a file name.sum mismatch during all the rounds...kicked..Reconnect. you know the drill

problem2: MOD_suicide due to random airstrikes by the server is still there. we we're playing 2vs1...one of us got an airstrike on him and a second the enemy soldier...round over we win. not really funny when that happens, especially now when there are just a few online trying this out.

problem 3: the ACR in the assault rifles is disabled???

problem 4: sometimes when i respawn from being unfrozen by a friendly my guns attachments are changed. i was playing with a red dot sight...i respawned and had a silencer on? on the next map same thing...red dot sight...respawned and attachment was simply gone.

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

isn't the weapon in problem 3 related to the 128 bones error?

Edited by DramaLlama

1: I will try out that map today and see what happens. Could be a number of reasons. If you know, are there any weapon pickups in a hidden place in the map? If so that will do it for any mod that has custom weapons.

2: Dunno what the server settings are. Waiting to hear whether or not I should add a change so when that happens the worst player in the game gets the credit, but doesnt count towards streaks.

3: I saw that. Also body armor is disabled. Time for the admins to have a pow-wow and check out the server settings.

4: I havent been able to reproduce it yet. What perks did you have? I dunno why it would be related but I cant discount anything.

i'm having these setting and perks:

50871318e29f1_cod4mp20121023235552.png

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I really only think it will be a minority wanting random airstrikes etc, we would much prefer to win or lose games ourselves.

• Member ID:  3157
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1489
  • Birthday:  11/09/1977

Is this only me or do we not have the chance to choose the killstreaks?

I got stuck with UAV, Airstrike and a shitty heli..........

cant get to any of the other options.

To open up the available options unclick the one you dont want. Then click the one you do.

To open up the available options unclick the one you dont want. Then click the one you do.

Is'nt there an easier way, as an admin i often have to explain to new players in the server how to choose this or that, also if it is like the current mod now (which is easier to choose perks and kill streaks etc then this one is ) sometimes we are waiting ages for players to actually get into the game while they are choosing classes etc, they are not in specc like they were in other mods but actually in the game showing dog tags but not actually taking part, i get bombarded with calls to "kick" them out because players don't like waiting too long, you can bet these players always end up as last man so the game just stops while we all wait for them to work out how to choose this or that, things are getting to complicated it used to be so much easier. People just want to get in and play as son as possible, it takes too long Edited by Sonovabich

I dont understand what you have to explain, other than the killstreak one perhaps since its different. Everything else is standard obviously so I have no idea what is complicated about a system that has been around for years. The note I put at the top of the killstreak window should say it all. Select/deselect what you want. It pulses when the cursor is above it like every other button in the game. It is also based it on how BO does it, as much as I could do without running into menu asset problems, so it shouldnt be a new thing.

As for why this menu, its because the other had too many incompatibilities with certain game types and the menu itself was entirely code based. Which is why it had so many problems earlier. Hide and Seek is one game type and that is the one I got the most requests for to get a menu working for it. I could probably get it to work with the old one but would need more code hacks to account for a lot of unique circumstances. And that would just open up a can of worms that I did not want to get into. But another reason if I can get it to work (dont know yet) is offline classes. Not possible with code based menus. Just not sure if it will accept 10 classes.

For joining players tell me more how it is currently working. A player joins. Accepts a team. If the player decides to set classes before actually joining the game is the game still waiting for him to spawn anyways? If so that should be fixable. Never actually tried it but how does S&D handle that?

I am really hoping this all works without problems because I would much rather spend my time playing this mod than spending more time coding it. :hrhr:

Like i explained it in my last post Sammy just ask all the regular players who sit around waiting ages for some new player (old ones too sometimes to sit with dogtags next to their name as if they are in game but actually not in game) trying to work out which weapon to pick, how to pick a killstreak, then eventually i have to kick them because they usually end up last man in game and everyone gets impatient that we can't end it until they actually join the game, why can't it just do it the old way and put them in spectate mode while they are picking all this stuff and they can take as long as they want...well they would if the spectate autokick was raised a bit higher then 150 seconds, the way we pick weapons in this mod is not the same as originally intended in cod4 why can't we just pick 5 classes the old way and keep it at that. It's the same when us admins want to spectate someone, going into spectate don't work, we have to stay in game with dogtags next to our names as if we are picking weapons, then the same thing happens we end up being last man so we have to stop speccing and go back into game so we can end the round, As for the killstreak choices i thought it was quite funny yesterday when you said you actually had to choose the one you didn't want before you got the options to choose the ones you do want, what's that all about?, try explaining that to someone who don't speak good English, of course all this stuff ain't complicated to you, you made the mod, we getting plenty of new players to our servers who ain't got a clue what is going on, maybe i should just sit back like others do and not try to help people, i would much rather just get on and play the game but i see it as part of being an admin to help.

Edited by Sonovabich

Wow, long paragraph. Lets see what I can answer before I head off to bed....

Before you can choose or pick classes you must be on a team. If you are not on a team (either axis or allies) then it just wont work. You must be on one or the other. If you go to spectate in the usual way tho your team is 'spectator'. I am thinking about how to deal with this in ftag if the last living player hasnt spawned but not sure how yet.

The spectate thing is a server config problem. The mod does not touch that in any way shape or form.

You pick weapons just the same as in cod4 so I dont understand what you mean. Its the same menu, with some extra stuff for the streaks.

There are 10 classes so players can have two of each kind. Also done that way to allow for much more class customization for the servers that want to do it.

Every new mod just seems to have more stuff, can we just make it simple like it used to be, if people like the weapons in one mod why take them out or change them in the next mod. We cannot get anyone into the server to test this new mod because people don't like it, if they don't test it they can't put any views forward, it's hard work trying to get people out of the server and to test this one, most have already made their minds up and will not go back in...that includes some admins too. This is my last word on this, no fucker else seems to be interested, so there ends my interest too.

Edited by Sonovabich

Every new mod just seems to have more stuff, can we just make it simple like it used to be, if people like the weapons in one mod why take them out or change them in the next mod. We cannot get anyone into the server to test this new mod because people don't like it, if they don't test it they can't put any views forward, it's hard work trying to get people out of the server and to test this one, most have already made their minds up and will not go back in...that includes some admins too. This is my last word on this, no fucker else seems to be interested, so there ends my interest too.

i wanne have a second server. maybe putting the exact copy of the other one is the solution. people whine about the redirect, solution. put the same mod as on the other one and we will get 2 full servers.

People have the right to their opinions. Some will like the changes some will not. No different than when MW went to MW2 and then MW3. God knows what MW4, if there is one, will be like. Of course all those guys get paid for their work. But then again they all have to report to bosses that only care about the money. We dont and its about being creative, not making a buck. :hrhr:

Anyways, if the majority thinks a certain perk is not too good then shut it off. If people dont like the bounty stuff then shut it off. If people dont like the ambient then shut it off. And so on. The menu had to be changed to enable gametypes that wouldnt work with the other one. Some changes are what we think are fun. Others for purely practical reasons. I hate to use a very old cliche but progress must progress. Otherwise we would all still be watching nothing but remakes of movies from the 1970's. Goodbye Avengers. Hello Captain Video.

And beyond that like all other creative people we enjoy making new things. Doesnt mean people have to like them. But whether or not something goes in is not a popularity contest other than providing the ability to shut things off.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11877
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106457
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Thanks Sammy for the work. One thing that I might wanna see if you can do, when you are choosing your killstreaks and say you have chosen 1 can you have a tick mark next to it so when you are choosing your next killstreak it will show when you have already chosen? Then when you pick your 2nd it will have a tick mark next to the two you have chosen and then the 3rd.

Currently, if you actually disable a streak entirely... either for that specific class or everybody... you should see a padlock next to it. The same one that is used by locked weapons and such. I might be able to add another that sets an X but will have to check out menu assets. Would that make things easier to understand for new players?

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11877
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106457
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976