Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Cod4 Ace Mod

CobraBites

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Who would support invisible spawn protection for this mod....i think it would be awesome idea since ive seen and heard too many complaints bout people spawn camping to stack their kill streaks...i think this would deter spawn camping...others thoughts would be nice..

• Member ID:  1217
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978
  • Device:  Android

I like it but hate it at the sametime because the person spawning has the advantage cause they can start shooting you and you will not even know they are there until it's to late. On the other hand yes it may stop the spawn camping but it's still going to have ppl pissed so your at a no win point just my 2 cents on it

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9027
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65928
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Cobra I really appreciate you trying but if were going to vote then there needs to be some perimeters on who can vote as the reason it is as it is now is because people who never play there voted any change down. This kind of vote is not a vote by the players of this mod. I suppose the mderator such as an admin can check each voter and discard votes from players who play just very sparingly. Its not fair everyone else says how we play on the ace when they don't have to deal with all this shit going on. 

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

No disrespect to anyone.. new ideas are always encouraged.. so continue to bring things up... BUT... ACE is the oldest and all-time most popular mod we have run at XI. It has been here since like 2 seconds after the game came out in 2008 :)   We have tried many many different things, particularly with anti-spawn camp and spawn protection. It is set up now at the most ideal way we can, giving equal consideration to both the person spawning and any opponent who is near the person spawning. When we tried the invisible spawn, then the spawners had the advantage because of ACE's speed.. you could be on top of someone and shooting before they even knew you were there. 

Keep the ideas coming though, someone may actually think of something we haven't done yet.

only makn  the suggestion as to all the complaints bout spawn campin im hearng...just think that this would discourage people from spawn campin..when they get knifed few times by someone who was invisible then they wont camp spawn points all im suggesting...this is my suggestion to help solve this issue...but all ideas are welcome..we just want to be able to make the server enjoyable for all to play is all..

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

My main concern is that he ACE mod server is always populated when I get the chance to play. I don't really care about my "ratios", just want to knife rat camper and Dean (if possible) and noob tube Budman so I can tell him I am a little bit sorry about it..

Cobra I really appreciate you trying but if were going to vote then there needs to be some perimeters on who can vote as the reason it is as it is now is because people who never play there voted any change down. This kind of vote is not a vote by the players of this mod. I suppose the mderator such as an admin can check each voter and discard votes from players who play just very sparingly. Its not fair everyone else says how we play on the ace when they don't have to deal with all this shit going on. 

wasnt askn to vote to get this put on server this way..was just makin a suggestion to see what the majority says to see if we can make it enjoyable for all is why i started this post...

dont know how this work but may some kind of telefrag perimeter set round spawns if enemy was near u when u spawn they get telefragd...maby low damage on that player (instead of death strength) to let the spawner know someone near to give them fightn chance....dont know if this even possible but its a thought anyway

• Member ID:  4437
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  273
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1972

Imo the current set up is probably fairest. On some of the smaller maps, you can still use your spawn protection to get away from the camper and he cant shoot you !

I have seen really bad spawn raping since I've been playing on there.

Using a BB gun and a knife makes spawn camping tricky anyway. 

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

It's as Bama said, we have had posts like these going back so long i can't remember, and it was usually Bama trying to sort it, that mod is unique, even large maps feel small with the speed etc, if there is a lot in the server people are spawning very quickly all over the place, i saw people accused of spawn camping when they had just spawned themselves and manged to shoot their opponent before he got them first.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

I would suggest all COD4 admin set up an alias and as the complaints peak - as they do every few months or so - you all go in game undercover to ban spawn campers as part of a planned "spawn camper raid." Get together in TS or in a COD4 Admin forum here at the web site (you don't have one, but you should have one) and plan it out. 

You might pick a weekend or any period of several days, where you assign "shifts" so that over this raid period, there is always an admin in game undercover. As you find spawn campers, you ban them - XI member or guest - and let them come in here and explain themselves. Word will get around that the admin are doing this occasionally and that in itself will help cut down on the practice, because they'll never know when a "raid" is occurring.

??

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

Well back what like 5 years ago when I first came to the ace mod, it wasnt like it is now.  It was fun and crazy and no spawn camping.  Then a few years it started with the spawn camping and well I left ace mod for that reason.  I enjoy that mod.  It has been debating over the past few years of something to do and I wish it could be figured out cause I would love to go back playing there.  People seriously need to go back to the way it used to be, dont fkn worry about ur score, enjoy the game and the fun and the convos.  I can say thats one reason sniper server is enjoyable...everyone is there for the bs and stuff that goes on and we dont give a crap if we score good one map and suck the next and nobody thinks anyone is a better or worse player for that.  I for one am that way, I can kick ass one map and then be like fk it, I just wanna bullshit and cut up in ts and I dont give a hoot if I score at all cause trust me I have some like that.   I do however get frustrated with my ping and lag which is ridiculous for some reason right now again especially in beta for the past like 3 weeks.  Good luck!! ;)

Well back what like 5 years ago when I first came to the ace mod, it wasnt like it is now.  It was fun and crazy and no spawn camping.  Then a few years it started with the spawn camping and well I left ace mod for that reason.  I enjoy that mod.  It has been debating over the past few years of something to do and I wish it could be figured out cause I would love to go back playing there.  People seriously need to go back to the way it used to be, dont fkn worry about ur score, enjoy the game and the fun and the convos.  I can say thats one reason sniper server is enjoyable...everyone is there for the bs and stuff that goes on and we dont give a crap if we score good one map and suck the next and nobody thinks anyone is a better or worse player for that.  I for one am that way, I can kick ass one map and then be like fk it, I just wanna bullshit and cut up in ts and I dont give a hoot if I score at all cause trust me I have some like that.   I do however get frustrated with my ping and lag which is ridiculous for some reason right now again especially in beta for the past like 3 weeks.  Good luck!! ;)

Awesome post! 

+1000

@@Angel you nailed it right on the head Lady :)

so what i want to know is spawn camping killing allowed or not..or if u need that to be clearer ?...is it against rules or not...if it is then it needs to stop...if it aint why the complaints? just want clarification..

From what i understand  it's not allowed but I could always be wrong

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I think ur right giggles.

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Spawn camping, in ACE mod, is not allowed. However, there are definitely times where spawners get killed immediately. This isn't always a spawn camper.. it may be a guy that came around the corner.. sees another player.. and starts shooting, without having any idea that the person just spawned. BUT, there are people who hang around spawn areas and camp. These are the ones that need to be calibrated, and removed if necessary.

I have said many many times before.. I don't really see the 'difference' everyone talks about with the ace server. I played it when we started it, and I play it now, and my gameplay feels about the same and my scores are about the same.. but most important.. my fun level is pretty good. I still enjoy the hell out of it.  I don't discount others when they say it's different though, I just don't see it myself.

thanx..that clears it u for me now...yea i can understand the accidentally ending up rt next to someone that just respawnd ...as i have spawnd rt next to someone else who respawn same time as me...i can understand the coming round corners stuff as this has happen to me...well try to keep an eye out for the spawn campers when im on ace mod ..as i been playin here and there litte more now..and yes even wiht the spawn killings..i m having a high level of fun factors with all that i playd with on ace so far...only had one person be prick to me..gave warning kick he came back..and nothing else was said after i explaind why they were kickd...other than that im enjoying ace mod...actually with the mood on ace mod actually has helpd my mood on ftag srver..

I would suggest all COD4 admin set up an alias and as the complaints peak - as they do every few months or so - you all go in game undercover to ban spawn campers as part of a planned "spawn camper raid." Get together in TS or in a COD4 Admin forum here at the web site (you don't have one, but you should have one) and plan it out. 

You might pick a weekend or any period of several days, where you assign "shifts" so that over this raid period, there is always an admin in game undercover. As you find spawn campers, you ban them - XI member or guest - and let them come in here and explain themselves. Word will get around that the admin are doing this occasionally and that in itself will help cut down on the practice, because they'll never know when a "raid" is occurring.

??

Harry I was greatly surprised yesterday afternoon. There was about 4 admins that came on the server and they also began the spamming of a message warning about spawn camping will not be allowed and some other things. The whole complexion of the people and game play was like it use to be. But as you said this needs to continue as if the guilty parties know it has stopped then they will resume. I still got shot by campers but not from spawn. That's all I care is that people play by the rules and play fair and have fun for all!

Edited by Bigmeandean

• Member ID:  22349
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  766
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  4612
  • Days Won:  0

Suck it up and come out shooting...

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Spawn camping, in ACE mod, is not allowed. However, there are definitely times where spawners get killed immediately. This isn't always a spawn camper.. it may be a guy that came around the corner.. sees another player.. and starts shooting, without having any idea that the person just spawned. BUT, there are people who hang around spawn areas and camp. These are the ones that need to be calibrated, and removed if necessary.

I have said many many times before.. I don't really see the 'difference' everyone talks about with the ace server. I played it when we started it, and I play it now, and my gameplay feels about the same and my scores are about the same.. but most important.. my fun level is pretty good. I still enjoy the hell out of it.  I don't discount others when they say it's different though, I just don't see it myself.

I need to get back in there - and COD2 - miss you guys & gals. But Bama, I'm told when an admin is in with tags on, they don't spawn camp; when he or she leaves, it starts up again. You need to go in undercover using one of your aliases, either Adminindisguise or ImnotBamaADMyouassholes.   

Edited by SgtHarryWeezer