Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Racing Not Only Dangerous To Drivers...but Fans Too! Omg

CobraBites

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

• Member ID:  906
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17079
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148520
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960
  • Device:  Windows

sure was one hell of a finish to the race ..just hope all the people are ok ..

• Member ID:  112
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

Gawd i do love this sport

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

• Member ID:  3003
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  3583
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Love how just like the gun issue certain people in the media go strait into how can we stop these cars crashing and throwing debris into the stands.  These dumb asses think that everything can be fixed so we can live in a fairy tale world where no one ever gets hurt.  The fact is that sometimes scary crashes happen in Nascar and shit happens.  The catch fence did what it was supposed to do.  You can't prepare for every possible outcome for all tragic experiences.   I'm sure the people in the stands will sue the owners of the track and Nascar and Tiny Tim and God and everybody else they can put into the lawsuit.  That will just make the ticket prices higher so less and less people can enjoy racing at the track.  I do believe the lase time I went to a Nascar race the ticket had a disclaimer clause on it stating watch at your own risk. Sorry to be on my soapbox and don't get me wrong,  I hope all the people recover soon and have no lasting effects from the crash.  I just cant stand the media every time something happens they go into a frenzy about how to stop all bad things from happening.  

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

Love how just like the gun issue certain people in the media go strait into how can we stop these cars crashing and throwing debris into the stands.  These dumb asses think that everything can be fixed so we can live in a fairy tale world where no one ever gets hurt.  The fact is that sometimes scary crashes happen in Nascar and shit happens.  The catch fence did what it was supposed to do.  You can't prepare for every possible outcome for all tragic experiences.   I'm sure the people in the stands will sue the owners of the track and Nascar and Tiny Tim and God and everybody else they can put into the lawsuit.  That will just make the ticket prices higher so less and less people can enjoy racing at the track.  I do believe the lase time I went to a Nascar race the ticket had a disclaimer clause on it stating watch at your own risk. Sorry to be on my soapbox and don't get me wrong,  I hope all the people recover soon and have no lasting effects from the crash.  I just cant stand the media every time something happens they go into a frenzy about how to stop all bad things from happening.  

i could not have said it any better. shit happens and it won't stop me and my family from going to michagan speedway this summer. we know the risk there is and i have stood taking video and photos at the catch fence if i get hurt there is only one person to blame my IDIOT ass for standing there.

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Here's one for ya.

One of the mechanics on my crew at work is at Daytona this weekend, his name is Larry. You would have to know this guy, but if there ever were a real life 'born loser', it's this poor bastard. I could give you the laundry list of all the bad stuff that has happened to this guy, but suffice to say that Larry is certifiably unlucky.

Well, I was on my way to work Saturday night, and I heard what had happened at Daytona.. I knew I needed to call and check on him. If 150,000 people were there, and one was hit by car parts flying off the track, this poor bastard was probably the one.

I texted him, and he called me back in about a half-hour. The first thing he said was ' Don't let anyone tell you that smoking and drinking isn't good for you, cause it is '. I said that he needed to explain. Apparently, when the race was red-flagged, he and his buddies discovered they were out of beer and needed more. They left their seats and stepped inside the stands and got some beers, and then stepped out in an area where they could watch the end of the race and burn one. On the final turn, they saw the car disintegrate and fly into the stands IN THE SPOT WHERE THEY HAD BEEN SITTING before they left to get beers and burn a smoke. He said the car parts were spread over about a 30 foot section right where they had been sitting, and several people that they had stood right next to were injured by flying debris.

Drinking and smoking are good for you, and maybe Larry's bad luck streak has just taken a turn for the better.

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6888
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  44109
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971

Here's one for ya.

One of the mechanics on my crew at work is at Daytona this weekend, his name is Larry. You would have to know this guy, but if there ever were a real life 'born loser', it's this poor bastard. I could give you the laundry list of all the bad stuff that has happened to this guy, but suffice to say that Larry is certifiably unlucky.

Well, I was on my way to work Saturday night, and I heard what had happened at Daytona.. I knew I needed to call and check on him. If 150,000 people were there, and one was hit by car parts flying off the track, this poor bastard was probably the one.

I texted him, and he called me back in about a half-hour. The first thing he said was ' Don't let anyone tell you that smoking and drinking isn't good for you, cause it is '. I said that he needed to explain. Apparently, when the race was red-flagged, he and his buddies discovered they were out of beer and needed more. They left their seats and stepped inside the stands and got some beers, and then stepped out in an area where they could watch the end of the race and burn one. On the final turn, they saw the car disintegrate and fly into the stands IN THE SPOT WHERE THEY HAD BEEN SITTING before they left to get beers and burn a smoke. He said the car parts were spread over about a 30 foot section right where they had been sitting, and several people that they had stood right next to were injured by flying debris.

Drinking and smoking are good for you, and maybe Larry's bad luck streak has just taken a turn for the better.

Holy shit buddy...

That reminds me of the movie "Final Destination (4)."

That must be at the spot where BudSR posted the link, to.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

yea that one hell of a story bama....you know i have had my share of near death experience with cars man...i could only imagine what they were thinking and goin thru...