Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Iphone Is Driving Me Nuts...

Joe Canadian

• Member ID:  822
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967
  • Device:  Windows

I have been trying to "train" my I phone 5 to get along  with my Motorola vehicle speakerphone but things are not really working out. I would say "call Mom home". My I phone would reply, "who would you like to speak to" and  i would say, "Mom". Then the Iphone asks, "what location, mobile or home? ". Then I say, "home".. and the I phone goes, "sorry I don't understand what you mean, how can I help you?".  Then I would say, "call Mom home", and the Iphone would say "what location, mobile or home?"... then I would get pissed and say "fuck you", and the iphone would say "sorry, I don't seem to have fuck you in your contact list, who would you like to speak to? " Lol. does this happen to anyone or its just me?

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Hold tight - @@hxtr will be along to advise you shortly... :w00t:

• Member ID:  3174
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

lol Joe Iphones SUK!!! go get a galaxy note 3 when it comes out... will have an unbreakable screen, AND with google and samsung aps, you will not ever have that problem.  Oh! and it's also got a stylus, so you can just write entries... great phone!! I got the Galaxy Note 2 and will get the note 3 when it is released!  I had an Iphone, and i hated it... but it is far better than the Blackberries... they REALLY suk!

Edited by LordOfChaos

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

I have been trying to "train" my I phone 5 to get along  with my Motorola vehicle speakerphone but things are not really working out. I would say "call Mom home". My I phone would reply, "who would you like to speak to" and  i would say, "Mom". Then the Iphone asks, "what location, mobile or home? ". Then I say, "home".. and the I phone goes, "sorry I don't understand what you mean, how can I help you?".  Then I would say, "call Mom home", and the Iphone would say "what location, mobile or home?"... then I would get pissed and say "fuck you", and the iphone would say "sorry, I don't seem to have fuck you in your contact list, who would you like to speak to? " Lol. does this happen to anyone or its just me?

I don't think it's trainable, are you using siri for this (hold down the front button)?

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  549
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4680
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41180
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I don't think it's the phone. Maybe Joe is untrainable, eh? A couple cooked nades or a bash might bring him around. :thumbsup:

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3489
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22939
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991
  • Device:  Android

lol Joe Iphones SUK!!! go get a galaxy note 3 when it comes out... will have an unbreakable screen, AND with google and samsung aps, you will not ever have that problem.  Oh! and it's also got a stylus, so you can just write entries... great phone!! I got the Galaxy Note 2 and will get the note 3 when it is released!  I had an Iphone, and i hated it... but it is far better than the Blackberries... they REALLY suk!

Awarded a bro point for having the note 2

Androids, the most insecure OS EVER!

That is because it is open source, and honestly, most hack the big MS and Apple, cause they have a monopoly, and try to ram shit down our throats... where as andriod has taken the higer road and left it open so we can adjust to our liking... I have never had a problem what-so-ever, with my android, but lots of problems with MS and apple.  Just sayin...

That is because it is open source, and honestly, most hack the big MS and Apple, cause they have a monopoly, and try to ram shit down our throats... where as andriod has taken the higer road and left it open so we can adjust to our liking... I have never had a problem what-so-ever, with my android, but lots of problems with MS and apple.  Just sayin...

Awesome, please detail.  I've had many many issues on the MS side, the issues on the Apple side are minimal (started with the first computer virus ever). oh yeah and this: http://www.facesofit.com/2013/03/android-most-insecure-os.html, and because these other doucés won't say it, sorry for hijacking your thread Joe!

Edited by PingLo

Awesome, please detail.  I've had many many issues on the MS side, the issues on the Apple side are minimal (started with the first computer virus ever). oh yeah and this: http://www.facesofit.com/2013/03/android-most-insecure-os.html, and because these other doucés won't say it, sorry for hijacking your thread Joe!

PingLo the Android OS is Linux based, and as you probably know... linux is a open source OS that others can tweak to their liking... which means they can add to it, take shit out, and generally just rewrite the os to their liking.  Knowledge of the linux OS language is a must, but ya it is great.  Linux also is able to cross any platform, and is also used in place of windows for the PC.  There are certainly pros and cons to everything, but I thin k Linux is the shit.  I still use windows on my computer, as I have little knowledge of Linux, but I do Love it on my phone! 

here is a link you can get more info...

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/06/top-5-best-linux-os-distributions/

PingLo the Android OS is Linux based, and as you probably know... linux is a open source OS that others can tweak to their liking... which means they can add to it, take shit out, and generally just rewrite the os to their liking.  Knowledge of the linux OS language is a must, but ya it is great.  Linux also is able to cross any platform, and is also used in place of windows for the PC.  There are certainly pros and cons to everything, but I thin k Linux is the shit.  I still use windows on my computer, as I have little knowledge of Linux, but I do Love it on my phone! 

Yeah, I've been using linux since the original days, why isn't Android on your graph?

Yeah, I've been using linux since the original days, why isn't Android on your graph?

My Graph? wtf is that?

My Graph? wtf is that?

http://static.thegeekstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/top-linux-distros.jpgtop-linux-distros.jpg

I don't think it's trainable, are you using siri for this (hold down the front button)?

I have the iphone paired with a  Motorola in-car bluetooth speakerphone. I am a courier and I think the problem might be the crappy speakerphone and background noise (air conditioning on etc) while driving.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Content Count:  18314
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Achievement Points:  134186
  • Days Won:  274
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

maybe since your canadien you need to try it like this....."SIRI, CALL MOM...EH?"..........................doh!!!!!!!!

>Then I would say, "call Mom home", and the Iphone would say "what location, mobile or home?"... then I would get pissed and say "fuck you", and the iphone would say "sorry, I don't seem to have fuck you in your contact list, who would you like to speak to? " Lol. does this happen to anyone or >its just me?

Just an update, Siri is not only  good predicting text and voice prompts , but also reading my mind.  When I get frustrated and say  FU to my phone it now says: phoning Google, which location? Beech, home or mobile?  lol  :offtopic: 

Come on Joe!! - That's like trying to train your wife and girl friend.

Lol, my wife....pretty hard to train, I agree

old-cellphone.jpg

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

>Then I would say, "call Mom home", and the Iphone would say "what location, mobile or home?"... then I would get pissed and say "fuck you", and the iphone would say "sorry, I don't seem to have fuck you in your contact list, who would you like to speak to? " Lol. does this happen to anyone or >its just me?

Just an update, Siri is not only  good predicting text and voice prompts , but also reading my mind.  When I get frustrated and say  FU to my phone it now says: phoning Google, which location? Beech, home or mobile?  lol  :offtopic: 

i dont care who you are....that is fucking funny as helll...........nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are yet to invent a screen that you cannot break Lord lol. I ditched my blackberry and got this phone because they gave me a great deal, I paid $100 on a 3 year plan which is nothing for a phone that is worth 600+ dollars. I have a Samsung tablet with the Android OS and I really like it, far superior in my humble experience than win8. 

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Content Count:  3489
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22939
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

heres an idea :whistle:

joe trust me it is a new technology that samsung has developed... the flexible screen, not glass.. therefor not breakable :)

• Member ID:  1100
  • Followers:  164
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  1038
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  9273
  • Birthday:  11/30/1980