Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Indicted For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant

hxtr

• Member ID:  62
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

Gotta remember this is Florida, land of the "Nanny State"

So I want to know why the "Lame stream media" is calling for race riots if he gets acquitted? I can give an educated guess that if he goes to jail that there wont be people in the streets calling for justice.

Edited by GorillaXI

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

Claim:   Photographs document 17-year-old shooting victim Trayvon Martin was a muscular, 6'2" man.

FALSE

Example:   [Collected via e-mail, March 2012]

Is this in fact a picture of the 17-year-old student who was shot last month?

Origins:   In March 2012 the web site Twitchy.com attempted to counter what they claimed was evidence of bias by the mainstream media in their reporting of the shooting incident involving Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, claiming that news stories typically used a photograph of a glowering George Zimmerman which looked like a mug shot while consistently running a 5-year-old image of Trayvon Martin that pictured him as an innocent-looking 12-year-old child rather than the 17-year-old near adult he was at the time of the shooting. In response, Twitchy published an image juxtaposing a photograph of a smiling George Zimmerman posing in shirt and tie with one purportedly showing an older, shirtless Trayvon Martin flipping off the camera, with an accompanying caption reading: "Because nothing says fair like putting a mugshot looking photo in "county orange" next to a 5-year-old picture of the victim as a child. But hey, two can play that game":

The site's commentary on this image stated:

Recognize these two people? If you don't, we'll help you out. The man on the left is George Zimmerman, the man accused of murdering the boy on the right, Trayvon Martin. The mainstream media won't show you these two photos because they convey a message that no one else wants to take into consideration.

However, Twitchy's "correction" was a spectacular fail. According to Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, the photograph of Trayvon Martin in the red Hollister t-shirt that Twitchy claimed was "a 5-year-old picture of the victim as a child" was actually taken in in August 2011, just seven months before Martin's death, when Trayvon was 16. Moreover, the photograph of a shirtless Trayvon Martin that Twitchy published as a supposedly more recent and accurate depiction of the victim was one they grabbed from the Facebook page of a completely different Florida resident who just happened to share a name with the deceased:

The kicker? The photo on the right was of a different Trayvon Martin. One that was still alive and in no way related to the deceased. [T]he photo in question came from a Facebook profile belonging to a living breathing, middle-finger-flipping Trayvon Martin who lists his school as Myers Middle School, not Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School. Additionally, all of his relatives are listed as living in Savannah, Georgia. The late [Trayvon] Martin grew up in Miami Gardens.

Twitchy.com subsequently posted a correction, stating:

We made a mistake. The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family.

Another purported photograph of Trayvon Martin was circulated in beginning May 2012, supposedly documenting the claim that "little" Trayvon Martin was not as slight of build as suggested in older pictures but rather stood a full 6'2" and weighed 175 lbs at the time of the shooting:

One of my favorite rants...the liberal controlled media... television news... newspapers... magazines... radio... all continue to show 12 year old Trayvon... NOT 17 year old Trayvon... they continue to show the 5 year old picture BECAUSE it helps to cement in your mind the little, cute, Hoodie wearing youngster who was stalked by this monster.

In reality.."little Trayvon"...at the time of his death...stood almost 6'2" tall...weighed 175 muscular pounds.

That image was also not a photograph of Trayvon Martin at all, but rather a picture of rapper Jayceon Terrell Taylor, better known by his stage name Game. The confusion apparently came about because the latter's photo was used to accompany articles in which he commented on the Trayvon Martin shooting, and someone later erroneously conflated his image with Trayvon Martin's name.

The medical examiner's report on the death of Trayvon Martin indicated that the deceased was actually 5'11" and weighed 158 lbs., and he had two tattoos, none of which was on his face, neck, or the back of his hands (one was on his right arm and the other on his left wrist).

As far as we know the following is the last pre-mortem photograph of Trayvon Martin (shown standing on the far right), a picture taken as he posed with family members gathered for his mother's birthday nine days before he was shot and killed:

ads not by this site     

Last updated:   27 June 2013

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Nice find damage..

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

The people protesting for Zimmerman's conviction will riot no matter what the verdict is . . they have planned for it and I would even guess have looting routes laid out   . . .  .another way to get "free Money"

Obama had no business saying anything about this case  ...unless he could figure out how to say something to show confidence in the judicial system and to ask that everyone not make judgement . .

Instead he fanned the flames of prejudice.

Hardly a world leader and certainly not a Nobel Peace Prize candidate.

The media has historically played the role of reporting to the people the truth when politicians and president do things that are shady and illegal. By doing so the media has been a "tool" for keeping our Government in line. 

Over the years the media has begun to "rot" and can no longer be trusted to tell the truth .. in fact their actions border on Treason (The betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies. ) Because the politicians and President have shown their lack of respect to our Constitution, (The document our country was founded on) and have taken a "I will do as I please and you cant do anything about it" attitude the Politicians and president have become "enemies" so to speak of our country and the media is doing everything in their power to help them to trash our country.

There is no way to bring the media back in line and will continue to spew whatever is needed to brainwash Americans  . . . . .If we listen

Dam . . . .  too much coffee again!! :shok:

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

Case should be in the hands of the 6 woman jury today.

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Content Count:  6454
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50699
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

I am curious as to why you had to point out that it is a "6 woman" jury instead of just saying "the jury".  Are you inferring that because it is all women that the outcome may be different than if it weren't?? 

I am curious as to why you had to point out that it is a "6 woman" jury instead of just saying "the jury".  Are you inferring that because it is all women that the outcome may be different than if it weren't?? 

Because jury selection is an integral part of a jury trial and much time and effort is put into jury selection. I believe for this case it may have taken 3 weeks to seat the jury. The makeup of the jury is always a factor in a jury trial and all the jurors are selected for a reason whatever it may be.

Juries are all selected from a pool of jurors, I am sure the mindset of the attorneys had some reason for selecting ALL women rather than the luck of the draw. A six woman jury is a factor in the trial not to be overlooked.

I could also have said five are white and one Hispanic but was sure that would be taken improperly by some readers and, unfortunately, considered racist as opposed to a factor in the trial.

Also understand that is not to say I am in anyway pro or con, really had not given it any thought until this reply. I will bet however if Zimmerman is acquitted the jury makeup may become an issue.

But rest assured it is not just coincidence that the jury is all women. They are there mostly by the choice of the attorneys regardless of the reasoning behind it. There is sound reasoning behind it, just not sure what it is.

EDIT: Did some searching on Google.

A quote from the NY Times via Google:

"That the final jury was made up solely of women was unusual, legal experts said. But what might resonate more in this racially charged case is that all but one of the jurors is white.

Diana Tennis, a defense lawyer based in Orlando, said the chances of having a six-person jury without any black jurors were high given the demographics of Seminole County, where 11 percent of the population is black. But should Mr. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, be acquitted by a jury that includes no blacks could become a point of contention in the trial’s aftermath, she said."

Edited by Shamu

:) Very valid points.  I too thought it odd.  I thought it odd that the defense didn't seat any men and that the prosecution didn't seat any african-americans. It will be very interesting to see the outcome for sure!

:) Very valid points.  I too thought it odd.  I thought it odd that the defense didn't seat any men and that the prosecution didn't seat any african-americans. It will be very interesting to see the outcome for sure!

Perhaps the prosecution wants to blow it since they may have been forced to trial by public opinion and not by evidence.

Just sayin'

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

NO MATTER WHAT RIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! guilty or not. 

Now we wait. I do not think deliberations shall take to long,

Oh wait................I forgot............it's an all women jury. :sleeping::lol:

That was for Gatorgirl. :rofl:

• Member ID:  22339
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1714
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  12960
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972
  • Device:  Android

Apparently I am ignorant.  I thought Zimmerman was on trial for second degree murder.  Now the jury has the option of  convicting him on manslaughter.  I thought that he HAD to be tried and found guilty or not guilty of second degree murder.  If found not guilty, they would have to later charge him with manslaughter and bring him back to trial.  So has our justice system now changed or has it always been this way?  

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

The jury came back to the judge asking for clarification on manslaughter charges. Uh oh.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Apparently I am ignorant.  I thought Zimmerman was on trial for second degree murder.  Now the jury has the option of  convicting him on manslaughter.  I thought that he HAD to be tried and found guilty or not guilty of second degree murder.  If found not guilty, they would have to later charge him with manslaughter and bring him back to trial.  So has our justice system now changed or has it always been this way?  

If he's acquitted he can't be re-tried on any charge. That's why the DA introduced the option for manslaughter, which usually carries a much lighter sentence but that will be up to the judge after the verdict is read. She (the judge) may try to hand down a heavy sentence even on manslaughter just to keep her bosses in the White House happy and people from rioting.  I'm sure if this judge does things the way the White House wants her to, she'll get a high paying cushy job immediately after the case is over.

• Member ID:  22339
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1714
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  12960
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972
  • Device:  Android

If he's acquitted he can't be re-tried on any charge. That's why the DA introduced the option for manslaughter, which usually carries a much lighter sentence but that will be up to the judge after the verdict is read. She (the judge) may try to hand down a heavy sentence even on manslaughter just to keep her bosses in the White House happy and people from rioting.  I'm sure if this judge does things the way the White House wants her to, she'll get a high paying cushy job immediately after the case is over.

See I thought if he was acquitted for second degree murder that he could never be charged for that same charge again but could be later charged with manslaughter.  

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

^^^^^^^ NEVER heard of it before. What has happened to our judicial system? We sound now like UN or European. How can we appease this? We all should riot. 

No you are not ignorant. The prosecution asked the judge to instruct the jury that could could find him guilty of manslaughter. The defense objected and in my opinion rightfully so.

Should he be found guilty of manslaughter it is certainly a lesser charge but I also feel the defense would have great grounds to file for a mistrial. Maybe even have the case dismissed.

The charge he was brought up on was second degree murder. His defense was prepared with that charge in mind. The judge instructing the jury that it could rule manslaughter did not allow the defense to prepare a case in defense of a manslaughter charge.

IMHO an big mistake in our judicial system or the judge to allow a manslaughter charge after the defense has concluded it's case defending against a charge of second degree murder.

I feel rather sure a manslaughter decision would lead to a mistrial at the very least or as said above perhaps even get the case thrown out.

Not sure how all that stuff works in the legal world.

See I thought if he was acquitted for second degree murder that he could never be charged for that same charge again but could be later charged with manslaughter.  

I do not think he can be tried for the same thing twice. If he were to beat second degree murder he could not be retried for any lesser charge either. Double Jeopardy.

"Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges following a legitimate acquittal or conviction."

If it ends in a mistrial or hung jury charges could again be brought by the prosecution.