Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

bf4 beta

FLDMARSHAL

• Member ID:  5490
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  4101
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/18/1976
  • Device:  Windows

well guys i have to say i have never had so much fun since the release of bf2 wow what an inprovment on the choppers sound is awsome and the way they handle now i can say i will be getting the game it is going to be big and i will say the amount of work they have put in this game out ways the teething problems for defo lol

• Member ID:  558
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

Yes it is amazing and to think that this is just the beta: p

There are always people who have something to complain but they forget that it is only the beta is

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Well i'm pissed off with this already, first i had to update my graphic drivers because of the lag,  i avoided doing this using a driver from June 2012 because every update since gives me temporary black screens and a driver has failed to respond message especially when  i am on the website, i updated my Nvidea GTX  580 to version 326. eighty, worked fine in BF4 Beta last night and earlier this morning, just ried to paly again and the loading screen starts up in minimized form (always is that for everyone) then when it is time to go in game i click the box to maximize and the game crashed with DirectX error message saying something about the parameters being wrong (wouldn't let me copy and paste message) and something about the graphics update version 326.eighty, so i updated again to the newest available driver version 327.23 and the same thing happened so now i cannot play the game at all, as i said 2 hours ago everything was fine, i have no idea at all what to do, why don't these fucking games just run smooth BF3 was the same as this when it started...i give up man. :rant:  :wallbash:

Edited by Sonovabich

Ok i can play if i only play in the minimized window, as soon as i maximize i get the Direct X  error message and game crashes, anyone have any ideas about why this is happening?

Thanks for your help Comfort, i loaded that new driver just for the Beta, it worked for one game, when i tried to connect to another server after that i got drivers not responding message again, think i am done with this Beta now, lets hope something is sorted by the time the full game is released, i just pre-ordered it yesterday too, already having second thoughts. :rant:

• Member ID:  85
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3113
  • Birthday:  01/30/1973
  • Device:  Macintosh

Well i'm pissed off with this already, first i had to update my graphic drivers because of the lag,  i avoided doing this using a driver from June 2012 because every update since gives me temporary black screens and a driver has failed to respond message especially when  i am on the website, i updated my Nvidea GTX  580 to version 326. eighty, worked fine in BF4 Beta last night and earlier this morning, just ried to paly again and the loading screen starts up in minimized form (always is that for everyone) then when it is time to go in game i click the box to maximize and the game crashed with DirectX error message saying something about the parameters being wrong (wouldn't let me copy and paste message) and something about the graphics update version 326.eighty, so i updated again to the newest available driver version 327.23 and the same thing happened so now i cannot play the game at all, as i said 2 hours ago everything was fine, i have no idea at all what to do, why don't these fucking games just run smooth BF3 was the same as this when it started...i give up man. :rant:  :wallbash:

I had the exact same issues. I have 2 Nvidia 570 in SLI. It worked great the first day. Them the problems started. I found a forum that stated to use the Nvidia Beta driver. I did and it seems to work great. I did notice that the game would lock up and crash on specific servers. There may be something there.

The game is still in Beta, so I forgive. The choppers are 100 times earlier to handle. I was actually able to kill a tank with it. Was never able to do so in BF3. The sound is awesome.

I had the exact same issues. I have 2 Nvidia 570 in SLI. It worked great the first day. Them the problems started. I found a forum that stated to use the Nvidia Beta driver. I did and it seems to work great. I did notice that the game would lock up and crash on specific servers. There may be something there.

The game is still in Beta, so I forgive. The choppers are 100 times earlier to handle. I was actually able to kill a tank with it. Was never able to do so in BF3. The sound is awesome.

I understand that there will be problems in the Beta Version, what i can't understand is how they get problems with the servers with lag and crashes like we are getting with these Graphic driver issues, it's not as if they have never put games into servers before lol, the problems should have to do with the game, etc not the servers and Graphic issues, especially when you already have a good PC with a decent Graphic card etc, i have been back in game since my last crash and it worked ok apart from about 90% of the players using a sniper rifle which kills with one shot yet Assault Rifles hardly make a scratch, lets hope that's one of the things they sort out quick and also get us Hardcore servers i can't play this Softcore shite.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

SOB maybe you should of stayed with AMD,my game is working fine with no lag,I did see however that people were asking if they were getting lag.I go to a Chicagp server where I get a 28 ping,I don't know if that is the difference.I was in there with Woody>XI<.I was actually killing players and capturing the flag or whatever they call that game.Good luck.

SOB maybe you should of stayed with AMD,my game is working fine with no lag,I did see however that people were asking if they were getting lag.I go to a Chicagp server where I get a 28 ping,I don't know if that is the difference.I was in there with Woody>XI<.I was actually killing players and capturing the flag or whatever they call that game.Good luck.

Nothing to do with your ping Johnny, i been playing in servers with 35 ping, it's fucking Origin again, you would think they had managed to work out how to put a game on a server without it lagging or crashing by now, i always thought Beta versions were supposed to sort out problems with the game before it was released not  the servers, so much for people saying don't update stuff or if it ain't broke don't fix it, if i never updated my drivers i would never have been able to play at all, now i,m getting all sorts of other problems because of updating these stupid fucking Nvidea drivers, you are right i should have stayed with AMD, but then again i been told people with AMD are getting problems playing War Thunder...it never rains. :rant:

AMD is for those who can't remember how to spell Nvidia.  :lol:  :harhar:

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

Really shit Beta

• Member ID:  755
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2191
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  14309
  • Birthday:  01/14/1982

Agree with @

I got the message that I have to use a new video driver. FU EA, I will never, never install a beta video driver. The last stable release )322.00 I guess), fried many GPUs.

Nevertheless: I played the beta for 10 Minutes.

98% CPU and 96% RAM usage (Intel Core2Quad, 4GB Ram, GTX 560). I won't do that to my PC. He's holy ^_^

Not sure if it would be better with the new nvidia driver.

Agree with @

I got the message that I have to use a new video driver. FU EA, I will never, never install a beta video driver. The last stable release )322.00 I guess), fried many GPUs.

Nevertheless: I played the beta for 10 Minutes.

98% CPU and 96% RAM usage (Intel Core2Quad, 4GB Ram, GTX 560). I won't do that to my PC. He's holy ^_^

Not sure if it would be better with the new nvidia driver.

Well mine actually works with the beta driver, well it works on some servers and when it feels like it but now you told me about a beta driver frying GPU's that has got me worried, anyone know waht happens when the Beta is finished what happens to this Beta driver then, are we supposed to uninstall it and install another new driver or what?

Edited by Sonovabich

Haha yes maybe Nvidia is punishing me for incorrect spelling of their name.

• Member ID:  755
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2191
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  14309
  • Birthday:  01/14/1982

@@Sonovabich

it was not a beta that fried GPUs. I was about a few months ago, that nvida had to roll back a stable(!) release.
The game still works with the actual driver. I only got the message that I have to install a driver above 320.00, but I was able to play
without an update.  Oh and my card was not on the highest performance level (2 of 3)

@@Sonovabich

it was not a beta that fried GPUs. I was about a few months ago, that nvida had to roll back a stable(!) release.

The game still works with the actual driver. I only got the message that I have to install a driver above 320.00, but I was able to play

without an update.  Oh and my card was not on the highest performance level (2 of 3)

Yup i was getting the same message m8, but just clicked on that and played anyway until it got too laggy to play anymore, so i updated the newest drivers Nvidia had, again i played for a couple of hours, great no lag, i left came back later and it would only let me play in a minimized window, if i tried to maximize the game crashed with a Direct X error and told me it was my drivers, so Comfort very kindly sent me a link to this Nvidia Beta driver which was not there in the Nvidia driver site when i went looking for new drivers and since that (well yesterday anyway) it worked pretty well, still got a little bit of lag now and again, hey it probably won't work today but i am already bored with that Shanghai map already, hope when the full game comes out this map is a bit different or at least bigger, the new driver version i am running now is 331.40.

Hey what happened to the Beta lol, just went in game and all i got was an advert for BF4 Premium and a big dig to pre-order it, i saw no access to the game, has the Beta been removed already?

I just read in the forums that the servers have been taken down in order to prepare them for the open beta.  No known time for them to be back on-line.

• Member ID:  1103
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

But this game is API optimized for AMD, definitely the right choice for gamers who want to play this in the best possible way.

Pre-ordered mine from Amazon £30.99 i see Origin want £40 for it, fuck that. :no

• Member ID:  2982
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2774

I have always pre ordered my BF games but bf3 and badcompany 2 are not fun for me, hence I don't play them often. I will wait this time to see what the brats think of it before I make a decision

I have always pre ordered my BF games but bf3 and badcompany 2 are not fun for me, hence I don't play them often. I will wait this time to see what the brats think of it before I make a decision

If you didn't like BF3  then i don't think you will like BF4 Funky, you will get people coming here saying it is different but at the moment it looks pretty much the same to me but it's still Beta version so....people get so excited when a new game comes out and suddenly it is the greatest game ever made, but all i see is buildings coming down a bit easier, sniper rifles taking you out with one shot while assault rifles need nearly a full clip to kill someone lol and people saying it is easier to take out tanks (i never found that to be honest) the choose weapon screen is different though don't know how that will add to the gameplay but as i said it's just a Beta at the moment so we will see.

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

im with Funky..i know it's a beta blah blah but the first impression i got from the Beta wasnt exactly fun or great

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

Just wait for it.... they will release an expansion for everybody to buy. THEN, they will release a "prime" account that includes the expansion you already bought. In the end you will end up paying over $100 to play the game.

Oh wait... they already did that.

No way I'm buying the next one until it's $5 on steam.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1074
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8438
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74964
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

I just got BF4 beta downloaded the other day.  Hope to be able to play this weekend sometime and check it out.  I read some other reviews but I will reserve my thoughts till I can try it out.