Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Are they hacking?

007andahalf

• Member ID:  1818
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975
  • Device:  Windows

Yup I see the occasional warper moving through dangerous areas. Those are the most obvious to see. However wallspamming is not necessarily hacking. Could be an active UAV. Could be good intel. Could have seen you running in towards a known frozen enemy and waited a couple seconds to spam that area.

Just curious, when specing someone you see their view quickly jitter for a moment when focusing somewhere what is that?

I was wondering the same thing I have asked before a year or 2 ago about this and they said it is either the mouse acting up and someone else said its a hacked client indicating a player is there like aim bot or so. This is always been up in the air for me making me scratch my head wondering which is which... Good question for sure.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

I've seen true aimbots in the past on other servers and there is no jitter. Also pretty much instant turning and locking on. Typically they run around with lmgs and the full ammo perk.

• Member ID:  2447
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2172
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1993

sometimes people are just good at playing... some people also get very competitive while others are playing more casually.

I can say that's very true, I'm very competitive when it comes to any video game I play, I love a challenge and I use strategies in game to best defeat the opposing team, I remember the layout of every map and determine the best weapons based on the map.  I love conversing with everyone and I do have a good time playing, but I also know I can be annoying with my outbursts of "FUCK" every now and again when I die  :ermm:

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

@@Sammy that jitter isnt a byproduct of using zoom is it? Like a type of focus jitter? Ive never seen it so just throwing one out there.

Zoom just affects fov. Like going from 65 to eighty. The only thing I have seen slightly do this is scoping in with a sniper rifle if 'hold breath' time is changed from its default dvar setting.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6519
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63373
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

@@BigPapaDean yes we have a max ping to enter the server so it makes sense to me that if a player joins the server then their ping for whatever reason turns to shit (visible lagging, or excessivly higher than server limit while in game) then that player could be removed by myself or other Admin if they are impacting the gameplay too much. Im pretty sure the max ping for MW2 FT is 280-300. It can be found by going to your favourites list, single click the server then select server info on bottom right. There will be a field named "max ping" with the value next to it if you want to know the limit for a particular server.

I see players in the CoD WaW server quite often and in the past in the Ace mod with pings that jump to 999 and never get kicked or booted. Is this another one where the admins are not all on the same page? Just asking!

• Member ID:  1818
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975

Here is what I was reading up on how to detect hackers.... or how to spot em.... This one explaines about the jitters or seizure as what some people call them

• Aimbot

This can be a hard hack to detect, basically its like an auto aim which will move the hackers crosshair to the nearest on screen enemy. This is a tough one to spot. Some times an aimbot will make the hackers crosshair move around the screen in a strange haphazard fashion, this could be down to the aimbot or they made have just had a seizure, one of the two. As I�ve said, this is a tough one to spot, youll just have to make the best judgement you can at the time.

Here is the link i read this from... http://www.enemydown.co.uk/article.php?id=70

I do agree... I have seen quite a few high pinged players on and still playing and nothing has been done to kick them... When my ping spikes up it is because of my kids trying to play TF2 or uploading videos... I tell them, my kids, PLEASE wait to play them or to upload the videos when I am NOT playing COD. Heh... I tell em why too... "youre getting me killed, and making other players angry at the same time."

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

@@BigPapaDean im always looking at pings in the server multiple times during rounds, if someone is 999 or high enough to cause themselves to lag out or freeze their game then they get kicked if they don't remove themselves to sort the problem out (after being cautioned first). In FT no one wants their last player to be AFK or 999 pinging out somewhere unable to help the rest of the team so i try and keep on top of it so it doesn't happen and ruin a teams round. I cant speak for other Game Admins and their respective servers but if its impacting your game and/or causing issues during rounds then i would assume they would take care of it. But in saying that, if it was for arguments sake a FFA server then being 999 would only hurt themselves so it wouldn't be as much of a drama unless there are multiple 999'ers and they are lagging the server out affecting other players. So to sum it up, they may not be kicking them due to it not significantly impacting gameplay.

Saw a couple lagging types in the one round I played this afternoon while checking predator. One going from 70 to at times 700. Always when moving out in the open or someone shooting at him. Even so he got shot more than he made kills and left.

edit: as for the jitter guy, if I see it again I will write down the name. The original writers' comment on seizures wasnt very funny. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

I can say that's very true, I'm very competitive when it comes to any video game I play, I love a challenge and I use strategies in game to best defeat the opposing team, I remember the layout of every map and determine the best weapons based on the map.  I love conversing with everyone and I do have a good time playing, but I also know I can be annoying with my outbursts of "FUCK" every now and again when I die  :ermm:

Yep. We're in the same boat mate :)

You should pop over to the crysis wars server on thursday nights. I'll school you. lol   ;)

• Member ID:  2447
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  306
  • Achievement Points:  2172
  • Birthday:  09/07/1993

Yep. We're in the same boat mate :)

You should pop over to the crysis wars server on thursday nights. I'll school you. lol   ;)

I would vs you if I had the game still, I'll get it again soon enough, give me a few days and we'll see who wins =)

I would vs you if I had the game still, I'll get it again soon enough, give me a few days and we'll see who wins =)

hee hee! The game is afoot!

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

You telling me the admins can kick for excessive ping? I have never heard that here at XI. I know on the CoD WaW DM sever they don't even mention it.

Yes they can Dean, they always could when i was Admin anyway, Rugger told me to kick pings higher than 400, still have the PM somewhere i think. A 999 ping usually means they are pinging out and will probably crash anyway, i would kick them them if they were like that for a while because it was obvious they were stuck, so kicking them enabled them to rejoin, it happens to me sometimes in Cod5 if i don't leave game between maps i get an error and it still shows my profile as being in game but actually i am stuck in no mans land and i need an Admin to kick me so i can rejoin.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

well in spec u dont see exactly like the player is, for ex there is no recoil in spec, and i believe those weird move u see is due to the same kind of stuff, its the spec system that isnt the same as player view.

anyway, admins have all eyes open, not always, but we do our best, and its also our member duty to contact admlns if u think someone is cheating/hacking, even if its a member.

but yes, most of the time, those suspicious players are just good at playing or use some config or tricks that arent banable

• Member ID:  21107
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  127

There is recoil in spec but less than normal,

Its hard to detect hackers, there are some factors you need to take into consideration, like

• They can use sound to detect your location
  • And in freeze Tag Other players might give away your location.

Over the years of playing COD I can spot a hacker from a mile away.

here is video of me fooling admins and getting banned :D

There is recoil in spec but less than normal,

Its hard to detect hackers, there are some factors you need to take into consideration, like

• They can use sound to detect your location
  • And in freeze Tag Other players might give away your location.

Over the years of playing COD I can spot a hacker from a mile away.

here is video of me fooling admins and getting banned :D

I know what you mean by playing with sound.. I did the same thing. Never played without "deadsilence" perk.

I never liked BF3 because the way they did the sound you couldn't hear squat!  (infact you couldn't hear a dozen guys dropping c4 behind you lol.)

However... that last bit of the video... shooting flat through walls was definitely pushing it. I can see why you were banned lol.

• Member ID:  2236
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  265
  • Achievement Points:  2149
  • Birthday:  08/10/1975

Cobrabites  hacka all the time...how else can you explain him becoming a head admin!!!