Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

DOWN FOR A BIT HELP PLEASE

PHUCKITMAN

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16063
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960
  • Device:  Windows

HELLO ANYONE. MY PC IS GOING TO BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. IT WAS FINE AND ALWAYS HAD A "WINDOWS NOTIFICATION TO VERIFY MY COPY" SINCE INSTALL. TODAY I DID THE VERIFY CLICK AND LATER HAD TO HIT RESET BUTTON. IT WAS FINE THEN DID A COLD RESTART OF THE PC AND IT WENT TO BLACK SCREEN. CALLED DAWGY AND WE SWAPPED OUT GRAPHICS CARD WITH NO LUCK. POWER SUPPY FIRES UP, MB FAN IS FINE AND CAPS LOOK GOOD NONE BLOW. DAWGY DID ASK IF I COULD HEAR THE HARD DRIVE WHINE AT START UP AND NOTHING. ANY ISEAS HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE?  CAN I SAVE INFO FROM HARDDRIVE?  HELP I AM AN IDIOT FOR SURE LOL.

• Member ID:  800
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6946
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58230
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

1st is it a legal copy of windows ?

2nd can you go into safe mode ?

• Member ID:  1540
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

Do you get a startup screen before Windoze?

Can you get to the bios?

If in question about saving your data disconnect the hard drive until you find out whats wrong. Every time it starts if the drive is bad you lose more data.

Could still be the power supply even if the fans run, do you have a graphics card that needs a seperate power connector? Maybe just try the onboard graphics if you have it.

Lastly I have a XP PE  and a Reatago cd that I use a lot of times, if you got a spare pc to build one that can help eliminate a lot of issues.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

PMAN SOUNDS LIKE U MAY HAVE LOST THE BOOT SECTOR OF THE DISK....IN ANY CASE IF IT IS A SATA UR INFO CAN BE FOUND ON THERE WITH NOT MUCH PROBLEM.....I WOULD THROW ANOTHER CLEAN HDD IN ND INSTALL THE OS ON IT THEN DROP UR OLD SATA IN AS A STORAGE DRIVE TO RETRIEVE UR OLD STUFF...ALSO ANY GAMES U NEED TO INSTALL THEN U CAN MOVE UR OLD GAME FILES OVER TO THE NEW HDD....THATS WHAT I HAD TO DO....BEST OF LUCK BRO

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53618
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Get a copy of umbuntuhttp://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download  and create a live disk for it. Load it in your dvd drive and boot off of that drive. It it loads and everything looks fine its your HD. This is one of the fastest ways to see if its hardware of software issues. After that test let us know the results and we can take the next step.

P.S> sounds hard but it acually makes the disk for you and it is free.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Good advice but I'm puzzled about the "windows notification to verify my copy" that you always had to click on at every boot. I don't know of any Windows OS that asks that question every boot. What are running?

You said it booted OK and you later had to hit reset. Why did you have to do that? What happened; did you get an error message; did it lock?

It sound like the HD but usually you know that's coming; you start to see errors all over the place as sectors go bad. If that hasn't been your experience, it could be the mobo. Do you get a POST when you boot? Have you checked all connections; taken out all cards and put them back in?

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

• Member ID:  874
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2298
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1986

sounds to me that either 1 of 2 things happened.. either your Boot.ini is corrupt... OR #2 you have a boot sector on the hard drive that completely went out. without more information that is my best guess on it.. now as for your question on if things can be saved.. Yes they can.. if you have another hard drive  then you can simply run the hard drive u have now as a slave.. and use the other hard drive to install windows on.. and then you will be able to access the hard drive. hope this helps.. let me know if u need anything else... just send me a pm

OK HERES THE ANSWERS I CAN REMEMBER. FIRST OFF THE VERIFY MESSAGE HAS BEEN THERE SINCE I DID THE INSTALL OF WINDOWS XP PRO SP3 BUT IGNORED IT ALWAYS AND CLICKED CANCEL EVERY TIME I START IT UP AND IT IS A GENUINE COPY BUT WE USED IT ON MY SONS PC THAT IS AT HIS HOUSE. I DONT KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE BIOS SO CANT ANSWER THAT ONE, IT LOCKED UP WHILE I WAS LOADING A MAP WHICH IT DOES SONETIMES AND I HIT RESET AND TRY AGAIN TO GET AWAY FROM THE MAPLOAD SCREEN. THE POWER SUPPLY IS VERY NEW AND MY MB LOOKS VERY GOOD WITH NO BLOWN CAPASITORS AND CHANGED OUT GRAPHICS CARD TO ONE THAT HAS A SINGLE PLUG. I WILL TRY TO MAKE THE DISC ON THE PC MY WIFE HAS FROM RUSTY BUT IT CANT REALLY PLAY GAMES AND ALL. DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR A HARD DRIVE AND CANT SCAVANGE FROM HER PC SINCE SHE JUST GOT IT FROM RUSTY A BIT AGO.. YOU KNOW HER FACEBOOK PAGE AND ALL LOL. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE FELLOWS AND I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED.

HEY THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP WHEN I'M DOWN. IT'S SO NICE TO TELL MY WIFE THAT I HAVE FRIENDS WHO WILL BE ADVISING ME ABOUT THE THINGS I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. I FEEL LEFT OUT RIGHT NOW AND MISS GAMING HARD-CORE. I AM SO GLAD I HAVE SUCH SMART FRIENDS THIS CLAN ROCKS HARD GUYS. OPPS I CANT DO THAT LABOB I JUST HAVE A DISC DRIVE AND HARD DRIVE I DIDN'T HAVE A DVR DRIVE INSTALLED WHEN IT WAS BUILT SINCE I DON'T DOWNLOAD MANY MOVIES AND THIS  P O S  IS OVER 5 YEARS OLD.. AND ITS A 80 GB HARD DRIVE WITH A THIN FLAT POWER CABLE AND A RED CORD COMING OUT OF THE HARD DRIVE. THIS PC CONSISTS OF A MOTHER BOARD WITH INTEL CORE 2  1.86 WITH OLDER CHIP SET, 1 DDR GB RAM , 80 GB HARD DRIVE, SOME SORTA DISC DRIVE, A BASIC SOUND CARD, 660 WATT POWER SUPPLY (thanks wizid) , NVIDIA G-FORCE 9800 GTX GRAPICS CARD (thanks boilerdon) AND THATS IT. I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING THAT HURKING PIECE OF SHIT BACK UP AND RUNNING......   i am giving it all she's got captain i dont think she'ill take the pounding much longer. THE EASY THING IN THE OLD DAYS WOULD BE TO THROW MONEY AT THE PROBLEM BUT THOSE ARE THE OLD DAYS THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.