Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

American Canadian translations

unionjackk

• Member ID:  2383
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1562
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1970

I thought being Canadian I would  compare the differences in American and canadian english feel free to add your own comparisons.

Difference between American and Canadian military  philosophy. Americans shoot first ask questions later. Canadians Ask first if it's ok to shoot you first before they actually do shoot.

A boot in america is something you put on your feet. A boot in canada is sometimes a goal in a hockey game.

Americans like cold beer on a hot summer day. Canadians like warm beer in a cold hockey arena.

Americans can be broke sometimes but a Canadian is never trully broke as long as there is canadian tire money around.

A universal tool to americans is a 3 1n 1 screwdiver a Canadians unervisal tool is DUCTTAPE

• Member ID:  2498
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  180
  • Birthday:  09/21/1969

Um, you spelled "UNIVERSAL" wrong...That hurts...as a Canadian!

Also...

In Canada Gravy BELONGS on french fries.  Not this white chicken gravy shit either

Up in the Great White North we have a cocktail called the Caesar.  LOOK IT UP!  Poor Americans are really missing out on this one!

We all sound like Tom Brokaw.  The most generic accent EVER.  Unlike Americans...Unless you're from Oregon, Washington, or California.

We don't use horsepower to define how much power our cars have...up here it's dogpower, harking back to the dogsled days...Its fun to tell you that my Volvo Turbo has 640DP instead of 222HP.

A kilometer is a much more logical measurement than a mile...Don't get me started on the whole "Imperial System vs Metric System" thing.....

Our beer is better.  This is where the Brits and Germans can chime in and make fun of us too...Imagine what they'd say about your swill.  Ewwwwwww Is everything owned by Anheiser Busch?

It gets hotter here (for the most part)

It gets colder here (guaranteed!)

Our women are better looking (Come and see for yourselves!)

Our flag is easier to draw, and I can name all ten provinces without having a cranial melt down

Americans wear Canadian flags on their clothes, backpacks, underwear, etc when they travel...there's a reason for that!!

We have Celine Dion...oh, wait....sorry about that....

Without us there would be nothing between you and Russia (except the Bering Sea), and a number of years ago, that would have been a very bad thing.  

And let's not forget...FREE HEALTH CARE!!!! (at my age, that's VERY important!)

• Member ID:  1444
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

CanadianIce

Also...

In Canada Gravy BELONGS on french fries.  Not this white chicken gravy shit either

Up in the Great White North we have a cocktail called the Caesar.  LOOK IT UP!  Poor Americans are really missing out on this one!

We all sound like Tom Brokaw.  The most generic accent EVER.  Unlike Americans...Unless you're from Oregon, Washington, or California.

We don't use horsepower to define how much power our cars have...up here it's dogpower, harking back to the dogsled days...Its fun to tell you that my Volvo Turbo has 640DP instead of 222HP.

A kilometer is a much more logical measurement than a mile...Don't get me started on the whole "Imperial System vs Metric System" thing.....

Our beer is better.  This is where the Brits and Germans can chime in and make fun of us too...Imagine what they'd say about your swill.  Ewwwwwww Is everything owned by Anheiser Busch?

Our flag is easier to draw, and I can name all ten provinces without having a cranial melt down

Americans wear Canadian flags on their clothes, backpacks, underwear, etc when they travel...there's a reason for that!!

Without us there would be nothing between you and Russia (except the Bering Sea), and a number of years ago, that would have been a very bad thing.  

hahaha :P lol, that Celine Dion lol and Free Health Care fuck ya! :)

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Ok from a Brits point of view..the bad things

1) Celine Dion

2) Celine Dion

3) Celine Dion

4) Warm beer..beer should never be warm no matter how cold the temperature outside or in hockey stadiums is

5) Gravy on chips (ok ok french fries) never i say, it should only be salt and vinegar

6) Celine Dion

7) Celine Dion

8) Celine Dion

I would'nt pull you up about your beer though, we have nothing to boast about in that area, everything is full of chemicals, as you said the Germans might have something to say about it though, no chemicals in their beer.......Oh yes did i mention Celine DionTongue out

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

CanadianIce

Whoa whoa whoa.  That's going too far.  There is no way Stormcrow is better looking than American women.

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18157
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  133071
  • Days Won:  265
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  2383
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1562
  • Birthday:  01/25/1970

Yep I got a typ-o Universal.

Americans also start there sentences with hey I  got a 15 kill streak going Canadians say I got a 15 kill streak going eh!

All us states are proud to be american in canada we have Quebec nuff said

The us has southerners we have Newfies And newfies are the funnest  Crazzy buch of people you'll ever meet.

The us millitary is equiped with modern technology Canadians are still waitting for our shipment of 1944  gunships from england

America has Mickey Mouse Donald Duck and Muppettes  Canada has Celine Dion

unionjackk

The us millitary is equiped with modern technology Canadians are still waitting for our shipment of 1944  gunships from england

America has Mickey Mouse Donald Duck and Muppettes  Canada has Celine Dion

Yet for some reason, having been in the Canadian Military, we still kick their asses in war games...To the point of "Humiliating Defeat"

And Screw Donald and Mickey...we have "Mr. Dressup"

Oh, and let's not forget the Sasquatch and Ogopogo.  And don't say they're not real, I've ridden both.  

We also have better tall tales.  What's with Paul Bunyon and his stupid Babe the Blue Ox?  Sheesh....

FORGET what Unionjack said.  We DO NOT DRINK WARM BEER.  Unless it's a dire emergency and the power has been out for days and there's no cool running stream near by to chill the beer in.  Then and ONLY then will we drink warm beer.

And we looooove beer.  So much so, that one day, I was driving a friend's truck back from Peterborough (the Canadian one) down a desolate highway, and the stupid POS caught on fire.  The only liquid around was leftover beer from the weekend at the cottage.  I actually considered saving the beer as opposed to the truck!! (True story!!)  In the end though, the truck would have gotten me to more beer, where as the beer was warm.  So, it became a fire extinguisher! 

Oh, and let's forget Celine (Please, for the love of all that's Holy!!), and talk about funny people...Jim Carrey for one....Martin Short, John Candy (R.I.P.), Eugene Levy, Russel Peters, Dan Ackroyd, etc etc etc etc....

And then there's our money.  $5 is blue, $10 is Purple, $20 is green, $50 is red, and $100 is brown.  American money all looks the SAME!! It's a pain in the ass!! How hard can it be to add some color?  I just have to glance at our cash to see how many hundreds, fifties, and twenties I have in my pocket ($5 bills...pfft...who mixed that in with the rest of the small change?).

Also, we have $1 and $2 coins.  Do you know what that does to bolster the piggy bank?  Or when you're digging through your wife's purse for change and you come upon $238 in small change!! Goooooood Times!!!!  That's a lot of beer!!!

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

well I will say I LOVE 1 and 2 dollar coins the prettiest is the scottish 2 dollar quid, its soooo pretty with its gold  center. but really how hard is it to look down and go oh I have 3 fives a few 10's and a hundred, geesh guys they do HAVE the denominations  plastered all over them. yes the pound is different sizes and the canadian is different colors but ours just looks good (wait what am I saying we have some of the ugliest bills there are)  ok scratch that your moneys awesome. I want colored bills lol

• Member ID:  859
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  681
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4117
  • Birthday:  11/04/1968

3rdCdnInfty
CanadianIce

Also...

hahaha :P lol, that Celine Dion lol and Free Health Care fuck ya! :)

You can have Celine Dion.... but sincere thanks to the hundreds of thousands (millions, maybe) of Canadians that come to America every year for GOOD healthcare, and pay our doctors & hospitals big $$$ for it.  One of the most dependable & history-proven rules of life:  "You get what you pay for".... and your healthcare is "free".  Wink

JK guys... kinda.  Long live hockey, moose turds in the snow,  & Vancouver Island Sweet Skunk

22_060410can_03.jpg

No wonder you guys can stay indoors 10-1/2 months out of the year, and are so good at video games

StonedSmiley.gif

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

You have not lived until you have had a Canadian hot beef (open face) sandwhich with gravy on the fries. It was the one meal I was looking forward to on a recent vacation back to the Canadian border.

Let's not forget about all the Americans who come up here for our pharmaceuticals!!!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

this is sounding like my dog is better n your and since were bros and  sis its one and the same dog! you scratch me where i itch ill kick you whre you itch! lol!

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

CanadianIce
Let's not forget about all the Americans who come up here for our pharmaceuticals!!!

If the united states would buy Canadian drugs and stop buying it from China we would have lower the prices. But politics.. MONEY... whatever wont let that happen.

what is so damn funny... they said they could not insure the drugs would be safe coming from Canada.... but China has our back... FUCK YOU! My dogs wont even eat dog food from china. They eat Blue.

Sorry seen you post.... and had to get that out.

CanadianIce

Nothing is for free... you pay for it..... but glad you have it. That shit is expensive here. I cant afford health insurance. Glad I am healthy, but for how long? Maybe i will become Canadian... do you all except Idiots?

I need to proof read better... damn!!!!

• Member ID:  113
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  1295
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8353
  • Birthday:  07/11/1969

I will adopt you as a dependant, but you must be from China or India, rules are rules!

LittleTooT
And this!

Awesome, They have no clue who he is. Silly Americans! The rest of you stand at ATTENTION and respect the flag! TooT

LittleTooT
I will adopt you as a dependant, but you must be from China or India, rules are rules!

I can get a flight to India.. then take a flight to Canada.. will that work? would be so much easier if I just drove strait there though. You are making this complicated.

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, I have already said to much

hey toot... you know this is about American and Canadian translations... quit being drunk for a sec. hahaha

He needs a hijack medal.

LOL

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

Sonovabich

5) Gravy on chips (ok ok french fries) never i say, it should only be salt and vinegar

Sorry SOB, Poutine Rocks

• Member ID:  1444
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

PingLo
Sonovabich

Sorry SOB, Poutine Rocks

haha loved that