Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

TDM

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Hey Mods, Is there any way to fix some of the bugs in the TDM maps?

1. Auto Balance works "sometimes", but it's usually after the game has been going for at least a few minutes with 2 or 3 times as many people on one team, then you get autobalanced to the other team with no hope of ever catching up the score.

2. Spawn Points: For the guys who are really good and play TDM often, they know exactly where the opposing teams spawn points are, camp out and blow away the other team before they get a chance to raise their weapon. Then they of course immediatly get the gun ship.

3. Gun Ship: Those same guys who camp on the spawn points constantly get the gunship, then nuke the spawn points, killing the entire other team with a single shot. How the Hell is that fair? The gun ship is cool, but if a team has a couple good players and keep getting it the other team doesn't stand a chance. How about getting the gunship after 10 kills, or limiting players to 1 or 2 uses per game?

4. How about some new fucking maps? Seems like the same ones have been there forever.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a great player and I struggle with TDM. Since that's where most of the players are lately I have little choice but to play there if I want to play at all. I know this is sounding like a whine, but you guys that are taking full advantage of the maps glitches are killing it for the rest of us. Hey I get it, winning is fun and so is getting the top score. But we have a rule in all of our servers NOT to take advantage of map glitches. It seems to me that taking advantage of spawn points to massacre the other team then getting the gunship to continue hitting the spawn points is taking full advantage of a map glitches. I wouldn't expect anybody here to walk away from an opposing player if they appear in front of them, so why doesn't somebody fix it so the spawn points are more random all over the map?

I'm not bitching about anybody in particular. We all have our favorite maps mainly because we always do good on those maps. I'm guilty of taking advantage of spawn raping myself when the opportunity comes up, but it feels like cheating as opposed to killing somebody face to face.

Just my 2 cents, end of rant.

• Member ID:  1220
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2156
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch!

i do know what your saying tho. we are over due for a map rotation.

just yesterday i was on the losing end of a complete beatdown. then the next game we crushed the other team (you might have been on that team:). i don't think there is anything that can be done about the spawn points. i think they are programed that way. one of the major problems i see is that once people start getting shot up they start standing around in door ways and everyone behind them gets shot trying to move out.

sometimes you just have to take your lumps. hopefully i'm there next time your team gets spanked!

• Member ID:  113
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1295
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8353
  • Birthday:  07/11/1969

Actually a new map rotation is an excellent idea, lets go people tell us what you want gone and what you want to see.

Gone- Island Madness, Twin(Beta), Tankdepot ? I will add more as the piss me off.

In- Karkland, AO Beta, Burgandy, Rushtown+ more when I think of them

• Member ID:  203
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1659
  • Birthday:  02/19/1966

Litlle Old man , i know exactly what you meen , but i think , that the only way for us , is to catch them at the same time how they catch us , just keep campin across the spawnpoints, and keep on shooting.

I'm gonna try to learn all the spawnpoints , and gonna pay them back on their same way lol.

A few years agow , you coulden't camp, or ye lost 1 point , then they could make it, and now , the games are much furder , but such a small issue can't reprogammed anymore.  But there is more that chainged as a few years back, that way , we are ending now all times as below the winninglist and a few years agow we played much better, and that got nothing to do with age or bad comps, because i still have a good system and my eyes are well, and i play still the same way as years agow, there is more not rigth at this moment.  And its time for all the XI members Including (ALL)Admins, that we most go back to FAIR PLAY for all the guy's. And you as anybody else knows wath i meen about that.   XI has to setup their rules again , about fairplay and about hackers.

And ecrybody's say's that i don't must put this in the open, otherwise they lose a lot of members , and that's why there is no controle anymore over this item.

My meaning is , if XI doesn't gonna chainge this , then i'm affraid they gonna lose many old members in the near future.

Look how many members we lost allready in the last few mont's , and that's only because the XI admins are affraid to lose members , but if they don't do  something about this, they gonna loos more members , and fine good and nice members.

Members who are playing to have a good time with eachother and make fun, but not members  who are playing to win

Or playing like in a real war.

Its time that evrybody open's their eyes, and see that were just playing a nice game here. 

General Von Syks (Another old man lol).

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14890
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91117
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Maybe a rotation of the stock maps?.. This has been done with DM in the past..

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

@ little_old_man...There are somethings that can be tweeked and I'm sure the Boss will see this post and take note of what can be done...The spawn points cannot be changed as they are placed by the map maker...

@ General Von Syks...I assure you there is no policy that I'm aware of to not change things because we may loose members...Quite the opposite...We want to keep all the members happy and we strive to do that...

@ All members and guest...By posting what you would like to see in the servers is the right thing to do...Complaining in game usually comes off as whining whether it is or not...And we are not mind readers so we need your input here in the forums...We truly do want to provide a fun place for all...Thanks for posting your concerns...Bart

Awards

• Member ID:  257
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1673
  • Birthday:  10/02/1950
  • Device:  Android

I like TDM when it is balanced and I know what old man means about being outnumbered but I look at it this way " It just means that

there are more that you can kill "  lol  but there are a few players that seem to know where people are spawning before they even

spawn ? and there are a few that are real good at shooting people out of the gunship almost like they have help ? and of course there

are a few who when in the gunship are like in a god mode and are impossible to knock out of the ship ? I have hit some in the gunship

3 times and not knock them out and others 1 time ? I play to have mindless fun and so far I have been very good at it lol see you on the battlefields hopefully 1st if you are the other team Wink 

• Member ID:  257
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1673
  • Birthday:  10/02/1950

oh one other thing I think that should be a medal awarded for kills in the gunship. I know Toot and Twit and some others deserve one.

• Member ID:  1189
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2006
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12807
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966
  • Device:  Windows

Here is my input/rant for what it is worth.  I play on the TDM server all the time (as well as others).   First off I have a problem when people come in and bitch about the gunship.  That is what makes that server different.  If you don't like the gunship play the TD server.  Toot Here are the maps I think should be removed for these certain reasons.  Hel Penninsula - bad spawn spots  next Island Maddness - once you own the house its hard to do anything  Pskov - way to big and laggy  Bahrain - too big.  New maps I would love to see Burgandy and Kirkland just to name a couple.  I will get back with you with more as I think of  it.   War Dragon I know that it pisses people off when they get shot out of the gunship.  Me included.  Its part of the game and some people are better than others at doing it.  When I am playing I know the players that are good at it and look to get them first when I am in the gunship.  Now as far as the spawn points on the TDM server as far as i see it.  sometimes it is a small map and when you run and gun you will come upon a spawn spot and it is kill or be killed (as long as you are on the move).  I have talked with other members / non members and they agree.  The real problem is when players that know the spawn spots (members or non members) camp there and just kill and kill to get the gunship and dont move.  This happens allot and is not right.  Now here is a fine line to walk.  But if you want members to be honest here it go's  I know that the server loses the mods from time to time and that is ok with me.  The real problem is when there is Adm's in game and players ask to have it rebooted to get the mods back and they don't do it.  When the mods are down people leave.  I will admitt that to be fair there is a few ADM'S that will do it as soon as they see it (when playing) or when they are asked on X-fire.  This rant is comming from a guy who is not a very vocal person.  Hope to see ya all in the servers soon.

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1835
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16154
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

Ok guys these are all good points however I think some clarification on the spawn points is in order. The TDM spawn points are based on the location of the member of your team who has been living the longest. So if your camping in a house for example your team will start spawning in the house and if another player see's this they kill the guys leaving the house and not the guy in the house shooting out the upstairs window. The only issue with a map change is finding maps that will work with the game and the mod for the gunship. And while someone raping the spawn point is not fun when your getting mowed down but it goes both ways. It isn't as important to learn the spawn points as it is the camping spots since that is where people will spawn. Try going out a window instead of a doorway since someone is probably trying to set a tripwire while his or her teammates are being killed by the hundreds in fact we have just as big an issue with trips being set on known spwn points as well but we let that go as well right.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.52
  • Content Count:  11892
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106500
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I hear you guys loud and clear. I will work on this tonight

"The TDM spawn points are based on the location of the member of your team who has been living the longest. So if your camping in a house for example your team will start spawning in the house and if another player see's this they kill the guys leaving the house and not the guy in the house shooting out the upstairs window."

That may be how it's supposed to work P-Man, but I can guarantee that's not how it is working. In fact where I spawn rarely has much to do with who has been alive the longest on my team. I'm horrible at remembering the names of the maps, but that sniper map (Sith?) with the two castles on opposite sides of the valley, everybody always spawns inside of the cathedral. In the map with the desert town with the two tall white towers that face each other across the map, guy can sometimes sit in those towers for half the game, and I've never spawned inside of the tower. Usually it's in some obscure place on the ground near a tower where the other team has taken up positions to wipe us out. From what I've seen the spawn points are pre-selected by the programs so the teams begin play on opposite sides of the map, and for the most part those points are pretty well fixed for the duration of the game, with a few random spots thrown in for variety.  I realize that there may be absolutely nothing that can be done to fix this, but it sure can be a pain in the ass when you're always on the receiving end of getting spawn raped.

• Member ID:  143
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2514
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

NO GOOD SPAWN CAMPIN, COCKSUCKIN, SPAWN TRIPPIN MOTHERFUCKERS.  

Having said that  I understand your frustration little old man and may even be the cause of it at times.   A good team on TDM will communicate ALOT and one of the things we communicate is the spawn point.  I personnally hate spawn campers and trippers and should be kicked...cough cough P-man, but a good spawn raping with the gunship...me like.  What P-man ment was that if you spawn somewhere and stay there, everyone will spawn at that spawn point...so if you spawn in a house and stay in that house everyone will spawn there and get raped.  The map you speak of is a sniper map which is USELESS IN A TEAM DEATH MATCH SERVER PEOPLE....hence the word TEAM a sniper is solo, has only one spawn point...the church.

On another note....I can't remember a time when you didn't get your ass handed to you Spanky...I thought Admins were supposed to be good...you suck.Tongue out

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.52
  • Content Count:  11892
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106500
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Here is the updated map rotation. I have also added a 5 sec spawn protection to this server, let me know how it goes

map mp_ccd map mp_burgundy mp_rushtown_lib_finale map mp_karkand_reboot map mp_cus map mp_container map mp_db_town map mp_decoy map mp_countryside map mp_v2 map mp_matmata map mp_cdom map mp_factory map mp_brecourt map mp_glastonbury map mp_valognes map mp_clanfight_r map mp_railyard map mp_coddm3 map mp_bathroom map mp_cs_rats2 map mp_trainstation map mp_kamakura

I think i go try the updates now , maybe there is hope for the admins lmao.

GENERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

I think the 5 sec spawn delay might solve the problem....thanks boss.

I played , and the spawn in the beginning is perfect , very old but funny maps , Good Job Rugger.

• Member ID:  1684
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2142
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13749
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  11/16/1971

I KILL YOUUUUU !!!!! Cool Tongue out

trolloc

GENERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks Rugger. You da man.

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

Thanks Boss...SmileSmile

Awards

We've had a full house this morning with people I've never seen in TDM. Looks like the changes are welcome and popular. So far only one map that the mods don't work on, but not a big deal. The spawn protection is acceptable to "most" of the players.

• Member ID:  126
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  549
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3881
  • Birthday:  08/28/1965

Good job Rugger. And the General needs a new medal  " the von syks hack medal" Kiss

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

WarDragon>XI<

I like TDM when it is balanced and I know what old man means about being outnumbered but I look at it this way " It just means that

there are more that you can kill "  lol  but there are a few players that seem to know where people are spawning before they even

spawn ? and there are a few that are real good at shooting people out of the gunship almost like they have help ? and of course there

are a few who when in the gunship are like in a god mode and are impossible to knock out of the ship ? I have hit some in the gunship

3 times and not knock them out and others 1 time ? I play to have mindless fun and so far I have been very good at it lol see you on the battlefields hopefully 1st if you are the other team Wink 

I get the same feeling Dragon....

Is there any way to stop the Gunship Mod on the "DA BATHROOM" Map?

It just seems to be overkill on that one.....