Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

This is why I don't understand BF4

djMot

• Member ID:  2082
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1180
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  10096
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1980
  • Device:  iPhone

whoop whoop. 

Dj.. try being a squad leader. and use your squad to get points etc.. like said above.. its not all about the kills. i had 3 kills and alot of deaths.  but the noob (me) still on top cause my squad followed orders...i healed them witch gives more points.. refill their ammo. everything counts.  

i struggle too.. but we are noobes on it.. and practice makes wonders...   

btw.. ty for your tags! im out.

Edited by Mekketom

Awards

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

If you type rank in game Mot, it will tell you how many players have played on that server, i think it is in the 1000's so don't beat yourself up so much, i had many days in BF3 like you experience here but i was the same as you i only dipped in and out of BF3 because of Cod4 Duties etc, but now i play BF4 probably 80% of my gaming time, with the rest of my time spent in Red Orchestra Total War and War Thunder, now i think i am a decent BF4 player...not good just decent, there are many players who play regularly with us that kicks my arse, like others have said in this post it's just not about kills, many times i can finish top of my team but have a minus KDR, i do like to try to get a plus KDR but sometimes you just gotta take it, the long time players do know the maps very well and know the best positions to take up or where to go to, you probably need to play some bigger Conquest maps, i know you liked the flying stuff last week, sometimes it's hard for us to play the bigger maps because of either not enough people in the server or no Conquest maps appearing in the voting options, there is another thing we all like to talk in our server and i know for a fact (especially in games like War Thunder) if i talk i don't play as well when i don't talk i often top score in War Thunder, i know if i didn't talk in BF4 and just concentrated i would be better but it wouldn't be the same server if we were all quiet lol.....Also i checked my Cod5 stats and they are better than BF4 stats too lol.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  3113
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

@OddJob001   I like bor's sniper chick better.

I will agree with this statement.

• Member ID:  20780
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  536

Maybe try out a smaller map Dj. Like Metro and Locker, they are more linear and you rank up faster because the action is so up close and personal. On the larger maps you'll spend half your time trying to reach a flag to only end up being shot halfway there and they are so large it's not hard to get lost (in a sense). But stick with it, it's like golf, you play 18 holes and think why the hell I am out here until you hit that one shot and it brings all that excitement back. :lol: Below is what i was mentioning before, I came in 2nd on my team with only 4 kills but I had 42 revives and I not sure how many heals, but it doesn't always have to be about the kills.

5458d01b55b01_BF4.jpg

Edited by MILESHIGH

He does play the smaller maps, we don't get many big maps in US Hardcore, even the conquest maps are small, we mostly play Domination maps, it's not about ranking up, you can only go so far before you have just about every weapon and every accessory.

Edited by Sonovabich

He does play the smaller maps, we don't get many big maps in US Hardcore, even the conquest maps are small, we mostly play Domination maps, it's not about ranking up, you can only go so far before you have just about every weapon and every accessory.

Ahh I see his response to Oneil now, i must have missed it. Well there's the problem right there, you got to get out of hardcore for now.

He did ok today, he just had a bad day yesterday, like we all do from time to time, Hardcore is not the problem.

Edited by Sonovabich

He did ok today, he just had a bad day yesterday, like we all do from time to time, Hardcore is not the problem.

Well I am not debating which is better, but he clearing is/was struggling with his performance which is possibly driving him to not wanting to play; prompting the thread here, which may or may not constitute the possibility of him trying a different avenue, i.e. Non-hardcore which may or may not make for a more enjoyable experience especially to someone just beginning his adventure into BF4.

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

I played with him some yesterday and it seemed to me he was having trouble hitting moving targets. Hit markers and 3d spotting will definitely help him with that, since every gun has a different bullet velocity, you need to learn how far you should lead with each.

@@djMot make sure you set bf4 to the same sensitivity your used to in COD. Here is a nifty little tool that can help with that.

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Also, make sure to open battlepacks and put boosts on the second you get them...that's a huge part of ranking up, unlocking weapons and accessories, etc.  I would also suggest playing softcore a bit more as the hit reg will be closer to COD and you won't die as easily.  Once you get comfortable with gameplay, etc. then you will be able to go on any server.

I don't have COD4 installed any longer but have always wondered what it would be like to go back and play again...my guess is that with all of the headshot and better aiming needed in BF, I'd be accused of hacking pretty quickly but I guess you never know.  Anyone try playing COD4 to see what it's like after playing BF for so long?

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.  I won't walk away from the game.  I'll just do my best to improve.

Also, make sure to open battlepacks and put boosts on the second you get them...that's a huge part of ranking up, unlocking weapons and accessories, etc.  I would also suggest playing softcore a bit more as the hit reg will be closer to COD and you won't die as easily.  Once you get comfortable with gameplay, etc. then you will be able to go on any server.

I don't have COD4 installed any longer but have always wondered what it would be like to go back and play again...my guess is that with all of the headshot and better aiming needed in BF, I'd be accused of hacking pretty quickly but I guess you never know.  Anyone try playing COD4 to see what it's like after playing BF for so long?

I can tell you what it is like to go and play Cod5 after i play BF4, it would take me about 2 or 3 maps to get used to different speed (you run much faster in Cod5, not realistic) i would keep running into walls and debris, but after that i played normally, my Cod5 stats are better then my BF4  stats, in Gametracker at least. The Battlepack thing is one of the things Mot has trouble with, i think he did say in his original post and i know from playing with him in game, he says he never gets any boosts in his Battlepacks, whereas the rest of us usually get at least a 25%, he also had a problem when he first started playing where he never had any DMR's to choose from, i am sure we all get at least 1 weapon of every class when we start the game, he had this problem for a few weeks we were all telling him to try a DMR but he never had any to choose from, just another strange thing to happen in this game. Sorry but it makes me laugh when the only solution some can come up with is come and play Softcore, why would that be easier to kill someone when it takes approx double the bullets to put someone down, also he told us yesterday he played softcore and he still struggled.

Edited by Sonovabich

I can tell you what it is like to go and play Cod5 after i play BF4, it would take me about 2 or 3 maps to get used to different speed (you run much faster in Cod5, not realistic) i would keep running into walls and debris, but after that i played normally, my Cod5 stats are better then my BF4  stats, in Gametracker at least. The Battlepack thing is one of the things Mot has trouble with, i think he did say in his original post and i know from playing with him in game, he says he never gets any boosts in his Battlepacks, whereas the rest of us usually get at least a 25%, he also had a problem when he first started playing where he never had any DMR's to choose from, i am sure we all get at least 1 weapon of every class when we start the game, he had this problem for a few weeks we were all telling him to try a DMR but he never had any to choose from, just another strange thing to happen in this game. Sorry but it makes me laugh when the only solution some can come up with is come and play Softcore, why would that be easier to kill someone when it takes approx double the bullets to put someone down, also he told us yesterday he played softcore and he still struggled.

Contrary to popular belief, DMR's, Carbines, and Shotguns are not class locked and therefore must be unlocked through an achievement, usually playing with a certain class long enough. I believe it is

DMR- use sniper rifles

carbine- engineer class

shotguns- support class

Also I never said it was easier to kill someone in normal, in fact it is harder, which also means he should live slightly longer. normal does in fact help with learning your weapons base spread, bullet speed, and range with the help of hit markers. Without hit markers I would never know how far I need to lead with each weapon or how long I can go full auto without destroying my accuracy through bullet spread, or whether I can effectively hip fire with a certain weapon at a certain range, or even determine what a weapons effective range is through bullet drop and spread. To summarize without hit markers I would never have learned how to consistently get 20+% accuracy with an m240b. Once you learn the gun you can go into any server and be accurate with it, hit markers or not.

I am not really arguing HC vs normal, instead I am arguing hit markers and 3dspotting to learn vs no hit markers and 3dspotting.

Edited by Oneill

Looks like you softcore players need every advantage to register the odd kill, thanks for clarifying that.

Edited by Sonovabich

Contrary to popular belief, DMR's, Carbines, and Shotguns are not class locked and therefore must be unlocked through an achievement, usually playing with a certain class long enough. I believe it is

DMR- use sniper rifles

carbine- engineer class

shotguns- support class

Also I never said it was easier to kill someone in normal, in fact it is harder, which also means he should live slightly longer. normal does in fact help with learning your weapons base spread, bullet speed, and range with the help of hit markers. Without hit markers I would never know how far I need to lead with each weapon or how long I can go full auto without destroying my accuracy through bullet spread, or whether I can effectively hip fire with a certain weapon at a certain range, or even determine what a weapons effective range is through bullet drop and spread. To summarize without hit markers I would never have learned how to consistently get 20+% accuracy with an m240b. Once you learn the gun you can go into any server and be accurate with it, hit markers or not.

I am not really arguing HC vs normal, instead I am arguing hit markers and 3dspotting to learn vs no hit markers and 3dspotting.

I agree with you. The options on Normal mode do help out and do teach you some of the basic mechanics of the game.

Edited by MILESHIGH

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

Looks like you softcore players need every advantage to register the odd kill, thanks for clarifying that.

Do you ever have anything to say that is not negative?

This entire thread is to help DJ

Edited by Fir3Marshal

• Member ID:  3113
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

just like you hardcore players need every advantage to camp and not get into a firefight you can't win. 

LOL, Sob is just funny.  Wouldn't you be pissed if we all came to the hardcore server and kicked your ass.  Then what would your excuse be?   :whistle:

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

LOL, Sob is just funny.  Wouldn't you be pissed if we all came to the hardcore server and kicked your ass.  Then what would your excuse be?   :whistle:

I actually usually  do better on hardcore than normal mode even though I play wayyy more normal mode.

Yup, just went in and went 14-8 coming in very late in a map on hardcore.  One shot, one kill is a lot easier to get kills with but you die easier too.  Any decent BF4 player should have relatively the same scores on hardcore or softcore, strategy just changes.

Of course, some people just want to whine about the other game type because they can't play it.   :crybaby:

Edited by The Flush

The havok the PKP Brothers would wreak on the HC server would be immeasurable. There would be absolutely nothing left, dead sobs everywhere!

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

Here we go again with arguments between hardcore and softcore game modes. I enjoy both game modes but can I just clarify...who won the scrim between the US softcore players and the EU hardcore?..... EU players beat the US players in both the US softcore and EU hardcore servers.

O'Neill theres no point saying you would wreck the US hardcore server with your PKP . The US Hardcore is only a 24 man server so it wouldnt be as difficult to do with so little players. Come on the EU hardcore one of the days when its full and see can "wreck" the EU server with 50 players in it....I would highly doubt it

Edited by Barron3000

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

Here we go again with arguments between hardcore and softcore game modes. I enjoy both game modes but can I just clarify...who won the scrim between the US softcore players and the EU hardcore?..... EU players beat the US players in both the US softcore and EU hardcore servers.

O'Neill theres no point saying you would wreck the US hardcore server with your PKP . The US Hardcore is only a 24 man server so it wouldnt be that difficult to do with so little players. Come on the EU hardcore one of the days when its full and see can "wreck" the EU server with 50 players in it....I would highly doubt it

Yeah, this is why we can't have nice things..... Barron is right, no more trolling this thread guys......

Besides, pants are OP. From now on, PANTS = PERMABAN

:cheers:

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

The havok the PKP Brothers would wreak on the HC server would be immeasurable. There would be absolutely nothing left, dead sobs everywhere!

@Oneill 

I think that would go a little something like this...

http://youtu.be/1a0L3Z1A-RM?t=14s

Edited by mouselad