Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

This is why I don't understand BF4

djMot

• Member ID:  20902
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

Yeah, this is why we can't have nice things..... Barron is right, no more trolling this thread guys......

Besides, pants are OP. From now on, PANTS = PERMABAN

:cheers:

WHO IN THE FUCK IS WEARING PANTS IN THE CLAN? TAKE THEM OFF NOW!

Rule #1

Take off your pants before entering the clan, or darkstars mom.

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

Here we go again with arguments between hardcore and softcore game modes. I enjoy both game modes but can I just clarify...who won the scrim between the US softcore players and the EU hardcore?..... EU players beat the US players in both the US softcore and EU hardcore servers.

O'Neill theres no point saying you would wreck the US hardcore server with your PKP . The US Hardcore is only a 24 man server so it wouldnt be as difficult to do with so little players. Come on the EU hardcore one of the days when its full and see can "wreck" the EU server with 50 players in it....I would highly doubt it

We were trying to keep the HC vs Normal debate out of it. Sadly some people (sonova) just love to bring it right back up even if the prior comments have very little to do with the game mode and more to do with certain features.

Also I wouldn't underestimate the PKP Brothers, when they are both on the same team, amazing things happen.

• Member ID:  20834
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  1857

WHO IN THE FUCK IS WEARING PANTS IN THE CLAN? TAKE THEM OFF NOW!

Rule #1

Take off your pants before entering the clan, or darkstars mom.

I play naked. I thought that was the norm for everyone!

I play naked. I thought that was the norm for everyone!

damit told me it was a clan requirement.

• Member ID:  20834
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  1857

damit told me it was a clan requirement.

As it should be. If not permaban them :P.

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

I can tell you what it is like to go and play Cod5 after i play BF4, it would take me about 2 or 3 maps to get used to different speed (you run much faster in Cod5, not realistic) i would keep running into walls and debris, but after that i played normally, my Cod5 stats are better then my BF4  stats, in Gametracker at least. The Battlepack thing is one of the things Mot has trouble with, i think he did say in his original post and i know from playing with him in game, he says he never gets any boosts in his Battlepacks, whereas the rest of us usually get at least a 25%, he also had a problem when he first started playing where he never had any DMR's to choose from, i am sure we all get at least 1 weapon of every class when we start the game, he had this problem for a few weeks we were all telling him to try a DMR but he never had any to choose from, just another strange thing to happen in this game. Sorry but it makes me laugh when the only solution some can come up with is come and play Softcore, why would that be easier to kill someone when it takes approx double the bullets to put someone down, also he told us yesterday he played softcore and he still struggled.

It's true what SOB is saying here.  I did recently get a 50% boost, I think it is, and I'm coveting the damn thing till a double-xp weekend.  Not that that's any great strategy because the weekends are usually jammed with additional excellent players to have to fight through for points. 

But moreover, boosts coming in Battlepacks, have been almost non-existent.  Almost as non-existent as the battlepacks themselves.  The great "fall update" saw so many of the payers I'm in with in the mornings getting battlepack after battlepack.  Hell, they'd just log in each day and there would be more as if manna from heaven.  I got squat for that update, both in terms of battlepacks (maybe 1 or 2) and xp boosts (probably none at all.)  That led me to start saying that, just like in real life, it seems that in BF4 too, the rich keep getting richer and the poor get nothing.  I play with guys who tell me they have so many XP boost they couldn't use them all if they wanted and can't give them away.  How is this fair?

I think I was at level 30 before I got a DMR.  I'm only at level 34 right now, I think it is, and still only have one to choose from in most soldier classes, but I think the assault class might have a couple or three by now.

Because others' experience on these matters vary, I can only assume the bf4 ecosystem is somewhat organic and I'm just having a real bad run of luck with it at this point.  Maybe the game will make it up to me later.  I can hope, right?

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

It's true what SOB is saying here.  I did recently get a 50% boost, I think it is, and I'm coveting the damn thing till a double-xp weekend.  Not that that's any great strategy because the weekends are usually jammed with additional excellent players to have to fight through for points. 

But moreover, boosts coming in Battlepacks, have been almost non-existent.  Almost as non-existent as the battlepacks themselves.  The great "fall update" saw so many of the payers I'm in with in the mornings getting battlepack after battlepack.  Hell, they'd just log in each day and there would be more as if manna from heaven.  I got squat for that update, both in terms of battlepacks (maybe 1 or 2) and xp boosts (probably none at all.)  That led me to start saying that, just like in real life, it seems that in BF4 too, the rich keep getting richer and the poor get nothing.  I play with guys who tell me they have so many XP boost they couldn't use them all if they wanted and can't give them away.  How is this fair?

I think I was at level 30 before I got a DMR.  I'm only at level 34 right now, I think it is, and still only have one to choose from in most soldier classes, but I think the assault class might have a couple or three by now.

Because others' experience on these matters vary, I can only assume the bf4 ecosystem is somewhat organic and I'm just having a real bad run of luck with it at this point.  Maybe the game will make it up to me later.  I can hope, right?

I am pretty sure I did not get many XP boosts like you say until I was much higher in level. Maybe it is just the balance of all the "accessories" you get. Once you get to level 80 for example you have unlocked most guns and many attachments already.... So, no, I don't think you are having bad luck, I think that is just the way it is until you get much higher in level. 

Hang in there man, soon you will have too many. 

Also there is a double XP for the next 5 days I think. If you played a LOT you should go up 10-30 levels, I used to when I was lower level and they did double XP weekends. 

Edited by Fir3Marshal

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Here we go again with arguments between hardcore and softcore game modes. I enjoy both game modes but can I just clarify...who won the scrim between the US softcore players and the EU hardcore?..... EU players beat the US players in both the US softcore and EU hardcore servers.

O'Neill theres no point saying you would wreck the US hardcore server with your PKP . The US Hardcore is only a 24 man server so it wouldnt be as difficult to do with so little players. Come on the EU hardcore one of the days when its full and see can "wreck" the EU server with 50 players in it....I would highly doubt it

Yet I was in the EU Hardcore server earlier and played two rounds...one of which I went 14-8 and the other I finished in 5th on the server going 36-36.  The second of which was on Zavod with my PKP, with nobody in my squad worth anything.  You put Oneill and I in the same squad and you might be thinking differently.  Both of us are in the top 150 in the world with the PKP.   :lol:  We would create major havok in ANY server in the same squad.

I don't see SOB's point of how it's so different between the two servers.  Once again, a GOOD player can simply adjust strategy on how they play and will still score fine.  The servers are definitely different from a damage standpoint but switch your strategy and you end up fine.  Once again, this wasn't about a server debate until SOB decided to make it about something other than trying to help DJ MOT.  We were simply suggesting he play the softcore server because you don't die as easily but he decided to start ripping on the softcore players and servers.

I have no problem with the hardcore server, players or anything else.  I like playing both for a change of pace.  The comment "Looks like you softcore players need every advantage to register the odd kill, thanks for clarifying that" was absolutely uncalled for as NOBODY said anything that would need that reply.  Once again, SOB feeling inferior for some reason so he needed to be negative to try and make himself feel better.  

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Do you ever have anything to say that is not negative?

This entire thread is to help DJ

All you lot ever come out everytime someone has a problem with this game is come and play Softcore with us we will teach you how to play, are you that desperate for players, can't see one post here that any of you Softcore players have come up with that would be helpful, a lad posted with a problem and you lot turned it into a Softcore Hardcore competition as always

LOL, Sob is just funny.  Wouldn't you be pissed if we all came to the hardcore server and kicked your ass.  Then what would your excuse be?   :whistle:

Well i get my arse kicked a lot, what would i need an excuse for i am not the one who keeps trying to justify the game mode i play, it's always the same ones posting to get players who have a problem to come and play Softcore, all i said was Hardcore was not the problem but you lot couldn't leave it alone lol.

Edited by Sonovabich

Yet I was in the EU Hardcore server earlier and played two rounds...one of which I went 14-8 and the other I finished in 5th on the server going 36-36.  The second of which was on Zavod with my PKP, with nobody in my squad worth anything.  You put Oneill and I in the same squad and you might be thinking differently.  Both of us are in the top 150 in the world with the PKP.   :lol:  We would create major havok in ANY server in the same squad.

I don't see SOB's point of how it's so different between the two servers.  Once again, a GOOD player can simply adjust strategy on how they play and will still score fine.  The servers are definitely different from a damage standpoint but switch your strategy and you end up fine.  Once again, this wasn't about a server debate until SOB decided to make it about something other than trying to help DJ MOT.  We were simply suggesting he play the softcore server because you don't die as easily but he decided to start ripping on the softcore players and servers.

I have no problem with the hardcore server, players or anything else.  I like playing both for a change of pace.  The comment "Looks like you softcore players need every advantage to register the odd kill, thanks for clarifying that" was absolutely uncalled for as NOBODY said anything that would need that reply.  Once again, SOB feeling inferior for some reason so he needed to be negative to try and make himself feel better.  

And again no sense of humour again, it's the same 4 or 5 of you who gang up together and go after someone everytime they have a different opinion, it's you lot turned this into a slanging match, give the Softcore is great line a rest for fuck sake and leave people alone to play where they want, again all i said was Hardcore is not the problem and the floodgates opened, so i can see where the inferiority comes from, all we do is play on a server we like but you lot either want it removing or when that don't happen you try to take it over with a  game mode nobody wanted that looks like it has failed, what else will you be coming up with, just leave us to play we don't bother you on your server. Why don't you ask the man who started this post if i am "negative" i play with him everyday and try to help him any way i can, as do the rest of us regulars in the server, just like we do with anyone who may have a problem.

Edited by Sonovabich

545c827dc006e_download.jpg Pick the bones out of this, Fuckers

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

Just stop this thread,I've been here in this clan for quite sometime and it never really got like this arguing stuff that's going on over this BF4 game.Play what mode you want and just leave it at that.

Edited by JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  3113
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

Technically, when it came down to tickets, the US players won.  But we weren't basing the wins on tickets. 

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

And again no sense of humour again, it's the same 4 or 5 of you who gang up together and go after someone everytime they have a different opinion, it's you lot turned this into a slanging match, give the Softcore is great line a rest for fuck sake and leave people alone to play where they want, again all i said was Hardcore is not the problem and the floodgates opened, so i can see where the inferiority comes from, all we do is play on a server we like but you lot either want it removing or when that don't happen you try to take it over with a  game mode nobody wanted that looks like it has failed, what else will you be coming up with, just leave us to play we don't bother you on your server. Why don't you ask the man who started this post if i am "negative" i play with him everyday and try to help him any way i can, as do the rest of us regulars in the server, just like we do with anyone who may have a problem.

Spin it however you want to...a couple of us simply suggested he try the normal server because it is harder to die.  It wasn't a competition or anything else until you popped up with your smart ass comment.

As far as I'm concerned, people offered solid advice and you decided to go Hxtr on us and create some bullshit drama.  It's pathetic really, we suggest help to DJ and you decide to counter everything we say because you "play with him everyday".  Good for you but if you actually helped him, he wouldn't have had to post on here.  

How that is pushing the other server on him, I don't quite get it but I really don't expect anything else from you.  Not sure what happened but you USED to seem normal, now its like a woman on her period 24/7.  You stay on your little breakfast club and we'll play when we play which is the rest of the day.  I'd rather not play at the same time you do...can't imagine what you sound like on TS whining and bitching about everything.  I'm done with this one...if anyone wants actual help, they can find me in game.

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

All you lot ever come out everytime someone has a problem with this game is come and play Softcore with us we will teach you how to play, are you that desperate for players, can't see one post here that any of you Softcore players have come up with that would be helpful, a lad posted with a problem and you lot turned it into a Softcore Hardcore competition as always

Well i get my arse kicked a lot, what would i need an excuse for i am not the one who keeps trying to justify the game mode i play, it's always the same ones posting to get players who have a problem to come and play Softcore, all i said was Hardcore was not the problem but you lot couldn't leave it alone lol.

There is a reason its called Hardcore SOB, because it HARDER in many ways but especially harder to learn. So when a guy comes into the bf4 forums and complains about having trouble in the game and not understanding it and claiming that he has only ever played Hardcore, the most common reaction is "maybe try a more forgiving mode" aka normal.

Now if someone came into the forum and complained that they get the drop on people all the time and love to snipe, but have trouble finishing off their target, and we found out he only ever plays normal, I bet all of us would recommend that he try out Hardcore.

The only reason this topic became a shit-fest is because you decided to go on a anti-normal mode crusade, because apparently, to you there is only one true way to play this game...

Hell your only real advice to djmot was to stick with it while you back your claim up multiple times by saying you get your ass kicked regularly. He started this post for advice on how to improve in order to not get his ass kicked. We just offered suggestion on things that may help him, nothing more.

Well i get my arse kicked a lot, what would i need an excuse for i am not the one who keeps trying to justify the game mode i play

i think i am a decent BF4 player...not good just decent, there are many players who play regularly with us that kicks my arse

Edited by Oneill

I really think for beginners normal mode is extremely helpful if you pay attention to the hit markers they will help learn bullet drop, spread, velocity, subtle differences betwen guns, and how to make long range shots.

or at least thats what helped me, now that i figured out that info for the most part on most of my guns, i am much better at both game modes.

• Member ID:  5841
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384

Look, this is all opinion based just like anything else in life.

Just like some people will argue Dem. vs. Rep.

Everything has a pro and con. We all think and experience different and no need to go to war over it. Enough of that already happens in life sadly.

The point of the clan and these games are to have fun. Why can't we all just do that? (Even with a sometimes broken game I still have fun, if I stop having fun I stop playing, simple.)

No one is right here.

One person can be good in HC and suck in SC and vice versa. Just like anything else in life.

Play the game to enjoy it. If you're having troubles, no, it doesn't hurt to try another mode or other things but don't force it upon each other or fight about what is better.

Also we don't need to make it seem as someone who plays one mode vs. the other is less of a player or person.

Just play both, see what you like more and keep at it. Get tired of it, try the other mode. Who really cares? We have servers for both so we can all play what we want.

I play everything equally across all of our servers and yes, while my preferred mode is HC, I still hop on SC because it's got a different experience also. I play to have fun and good company.

I often play objective more so vs. giving 2 shits about my KD so it's not uncommon for me to be negative even but guess what? I don't care, because I am playing for fun. Not like I am getting paid or something special if I have higher KD lol.

Now. Stop the flame wars and take it out on the battlefield. How about a battle between ourselves in the game? Few rounds on one mode, few on another. HC ppl vs. SC people each round. Winners get bragging rights (not flaming rights!).

and It isn't about being easier/harder to kill. I'm just trying to give mot some points. being able to see how the mechanics work on guns can help improve accuracy a lot.

i think we should have a XI grappling tournament, or boxing tourney. on ppv.

Edited by mouselad

• Member ID:  1566
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  1152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7674
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  68081
  • Days Won:  8

locked this due to getting out of hand