Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New Insurgency Custom Server

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63388
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

You.... you love me?

Didn't you see the twinkle you put in his eyes? :P

• Member ID:  822
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

Jr. told me he had a blast playing Insurgency with Rugger. He says that in his opinion the game is very realistic and a lot more tactical than Call of Duty. And he liked the fact that "guns and nades cause a lot more damage than in other games" :-)

Why is everybody so angry?

• Member ID:  20988
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2300
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/16/1980

I have been reading,listening,and paying attention quietly on the sidelines to all that has been said about people wanting changes to the Insurgency servers. Honestly, things like Kit points and other "CORE FEATURES" of "INSURGENCY" ,the game, should not ever be changed. Reason being,this is not cod4. This is not Bf4. This is not Hardline. This is Insurgency. The game that plays like insurgency for reasons that are obvious. It is set up the way it is so that each player has a kit set up to do one set of duties. You only get so many points so that not EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER is overpowered with explosives making for a run and gun,spray and pray,millions of explosions, over done experience. We have been there and done that with plenty other FPS titles. Let it be know that the settings are to stay the way they are. If it's not broken,then don't try to fix it. The question is. Did you come to play Insurgency,or did you come to play a different game? Nuff said.

• Member ID:  2759
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

I have been reading,listening,and paying attention quietly on the sidelines to all that has been said about people wanting changes to the Insurgency servers. Honestly, things like Kit points and other "CORE FEATURES" of "INSURGENCY" ,the game, should not ever be changed. Reason being,this is not cod4. This is not Bf4. This is not Hardline. This is Insurgency. The game that plays like insurgency for reasons that are obvious. It is set up the way it is so that each player has a kit set up to do one set of duties. You only get so many points so that not EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOTHER is overpowered with explosives making for a run and gun,spray and pray,millions of explosions, over done experience. We have been there and done that with plenty other FPS titles. Let it be know that the settings are to stay the way they are. If it's not broken,then don't try to fix it. The question is. Did you come to play Insurgency,or did you come to play a different game? Nuff said.

Nailed it!

hammer-nail.jpg

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I agree with you @@djMot BF4 is a big clusterfuck tactics wise, it wasn't meant to be like that, that's why they gave you the option to squad up in the hope that you would play a tactics based game, it is very rare to see that in BF4, that's one of the things that made me stay playing Insurgency, the fact that (i believe anyway) most players seem to want to use tactics and try to communicate more, again as for the TS thing i often use teamchat in game to speak to teammates rather than TS, i was doing it yesterday when me and Boomslang were on the opposite team to you lol but we also shouldn't lose sight of why we go in TS in the first place, it's to chat and have fun with each other.

Edited by Sonovabich

Now can we get back to talking about the Custom server which is what this post was originally about, anyone know how this post got turned around? if you have anything to say about other servers can you go and make a separate post please lol, Rugger there is another new map out in Steam workshop, it's called "Almaden" says it's suitable for Push and Checkpoint but not sure it that means it is a pvp map or not.

5536308621104_D3ac0Gr.png

55363096db703_13PXHQK.png

553630ad45d19_02ufgNm.png

553630bd8a4cd_GWq6Jfv.png

553630ce39eea_HNVDAP4.png

553630e0c4e94_pmDQ1hn.png

55363104193d1_VUvfk7Z.png

553631177f14f_vd7zA8f.png

5536312b57dea_uWzrUKE.png

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  21058
  • Followers:  220
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2494
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  20963
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

I think you should go by what the majority wants.

I am fine with the starting points. If you do good , you get more points to use.

That to the side.. There are other things that would make the game better in my point of view. But how things are going right now it's like as soon as aa member has an idea or points out his or her opinion the admins instantly jump on it, make the idea into something that can't get done, is stupid and at the end it's being ruled out by admins only.

I think that's a shame. We, the members and the community make the game. Without members playing the game there would be about 4 active admins in the server.

This is my two cents on this matter. It's no attack to anyone, but if you want more people / members in the server, admins need to be open for suggestions.

<3

I think you should go by what the majority wants.

I am fine with the starting points. If you do good , you get more points to use.

That to the side.. There are other things that would make the game better in my point of view. But how things are going right now it's like as soon as aa member has an idea or points out his or her opinion the admins instantly jump on it, make the idea into something that can't get done, is stupid and at the end it's being ruled out by admins only.

I think that's a shame. We, the members and the community make the game. Without members playing the game there would be about 4 active admins in the server.

This is my two cents on this matter. It's no attack to anyone, but if you want more people / members in the server, admins need to be open for suggestions.

<3

The custom server has many changes to it. It's there for experimenting with configs and maps.

I'm sorry you feel so poorly about how things are progressing with Insurgency. The issue is that the things you want to change are the very things that make Insurgency unique and different from other FPS games like COD4. Insurgency offers a fresh and new FPS experience with a very different focus. It's a big contrast from older games like COD. Things such as limited loadouts and no kill feed are original to the game. They are things that make Insurgency so different from the games you've played before. Changing Insurgency to be just like all the games you've gotten bored of in the past will not make the game better; it will ensure it's slow death. Insurgency is not here to be a COD4 replacement. It's not even close to the same type of FPS game. Cod is about run-n-gun, KDR, spray-n-pray, and power-ups (like cars, UAV, nukes, etc). In contrast, insurgency is about you and your gun working together with your team to coordinating your attack or form a flawless defense. It's about tactics and using your head while you fight. Why should the game tell you if you got the kill? Shouldn't you use your eyes and be careful where you shoot lest you give away your position? It's about talking to your team to see who should equip the smokes to shield your advance to the checkpoint, or who will carry the c4 to the cache to blow it up. If you give everybody on the team enough kit points to equip as many grenades as they can throw, that will kill the necessity of team communication. Why talk to your team if you can just go "one-man-army" and take the cache out by yourself? Over equipping the team will unbalance the game. It would make it like the battlefield series where everybody gets a full kit, a tank, a heli, and an RPG. This is why the BF series is just a giant chaotic battle scene where every player is doing their own thing. You can hardly even get a teammate to jump into a heli with you for more than half a minute.

We (the Insurgency admin team) are doing our very best to make changes to Insurgency that ENHANCE all the good qualities of the game, not undermine them. If a change request is one that will make tactics, stealth, and team communication only optional, then it will not be changed. Insurgency offers a unique gameplay experience and that is what originally drew myself and others to play the game. If these things do not sound appealing to you and you would rather bunny hop around the map spraying down walls looking for hit-markers then Insurgency is not for you. Maybe you should stick to the Cod series? On the other hand, if these are qualities that interest you, lets capitalize on them and build these servers! Lets encourage team communication and tactical gameplay. Accept how Insurgency is different and new. It offers something different from Cod or BF. Lets not turn it into the those games. Insurgency offers more than that.

Positive feedback is very welcome. I do not mean to "jump on" anyone who offers an alternative opinion. I apologize if my protectiveness of Insurgency comes off in the wrong way. Although, perhaps you can now see how I feel about it.

Exactly what eidelon said Nisty. Exactly what he said.

I'm speaking up on behalf of others than just me. But ok. Thanks for the feedback.

Also. I'm fine with the starting points. Although 'working as a team with others' in the public servers is tough, if you try to work together they tell me to shut up or things in those lines. Unfortunately.

I don't like to bunnyhop and run and gun lol. Things of cod4 that I am glad aren't showing in insurgency.

I am hoping that there will be more members playing in the XI public servers pvp and custom than I've seen since I play. And stay longer than a map or two. I really like the game, you of all people should kknow that Fire.

I am just thinking that a lot of people don't play a lot or long. At least nnot when I'm online.

I hope that changes in the future. So I can join the pvp server where there already players on. The more idiots the better ;)

Edited by Nisty*

I'm speaking up on behalf of others than just me. But ok. Thanks for the feedback.

Also. I'm fine with the starting points. Although 'working as a team with others' in the public servers is tough, if you try to work together they tell me to shut up or things in those lines. Unfortunately.

I don't like to bunnyhop and run and gun lol. Things of cod4 that I am glad aren't showing in insurgency.

I am hoping that there will be more members playing in the XI public servers pvp and custom than I've seen since I play. And stay longer than a map or two. I really like the game, you of all people should kknow that Fire.

I am just thinking that a lot of people don't play a lot or long. At least nnot when I'm online.

I hope that changes in the future. So I can join the pvp server where there already players on. The more idiots the better ;)

Keep your chin up Nisty!

Just keep bringing XI people in. We'll get there; it'll just take time..

Keep your chin up Nisty!

Just keep bringing XI people in. We'll get there; it'll just take time..

Yer right. I guess it's one of those days.. Dark clouds so to speak.

We figure Internet out already. They will be setting it up for us Tuesday next week. Want my own pc still though.

Yer right. I guess it's one of those days.. Dark clouds so to speak.

We figure Internet out already. They will be setting it up for us Tuesday next week. Want my own pc still though.

Sounds crazy! 

Hang in there!

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

I am beginning to see things @@eidolonFIRE's way.  I think he's right.  There is absolutely no point in fixing what ain't broke.

In the server this morning, I shot and winged Ricko.  I knew I hit him, but he either fell over dead, or ducked into cover to lick his wounds.  I didn't know which.  That made it all the more exhilarating - not knowing exactly what to do next because of not knowing if he was alive or not over there.  He's an excellent player so my apprehension level shot up.  When it did, I suddenly realized exactly why the game should not tell you if you got a kill or not.

(Ironically this was on the Custom Maps server which does have the kill notification on, but I didn't realize that.  Maybe that's why they call me Click-Click-Mot in there, too, lol.)

Personally, at this point, I think all of our servers should have kill notification turned off.  I also recant my comments regarding kit points.  Points need to be earned by progression in the map.  Bottom line is that no one person is at a disadvantage at the beginning of a map - we are ALL constrained by the points allotted.  We must all earn our way to better load-outs. 

This is a brilliant game.  I think we need to give it a chance to be brilliant.  Or at least to let its brilliance grow on us.  It's growing on me.

But this is the Custom server, if we can't change/customise things in this server we may as well shut it down, there is no point having a custom server if it is going to be exactly the same as the other server, we only have a few Custom maps in there anyway, what else will be different about it, and what about all the players who said they liked to see who shot them, if we didn't customise servers in this clan we probably wouldn't have any Cod4 or Cod5 servers running anymore because every server is custom lol.

Edited by Sonovabich

But this is the Custom server, if we can't change/customise things in this server we may as well shut it down, there is no point having a custom server if it is going to be exactly the same as the other server, we only have a few Custom maps in there anyway and what about all the players who said they liked to see who shot them.

chill-pill_zps9ad02724.jpg

The custom server is there to try out different configs and maps.

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

what time are we playing today?

what time are we playing today?

I'm gonna be camping all weekend but I'll be back to play Sunday night.

chill-pill_zps9ad02724.jpg

The custom server is there to try out different configs and maps.

Getting a bit sick of you telling me to chill out, i wasn't angry but i am now, you know what do wtf you like with the stupid fucking server, it's like the fucking Nazi party running this fucking game, there is only a few of us play on it anyway...sieg fucking heil.

Edited by Sonovabich

Getting a bit sick of you telling me to chill out, i wasn't angry but i am now, you know what do wtf you like with the stupid fucking server, it's like the fucking Nazi party running this fucking game, there is only a few of us play on it anyway...sieg fucking heil.

I am sorry you are angry. Please keep calm. I meant no offense with the chill pill. It was just a joke because I've stated many times before that the custom server will be there to experiment with things. Somehow you seemed to still find a way to panic about it.  :ermm:  I meant no offense, you SOB. lol.

I feel like I've explained pretty well what the main motivation is behind these servers. (for reference, scroll up to my previous long essay, lol) 

Calling the admin team "Fucking Natzis" was uncalled for. I sure hope you aren't spreading that kind of hate on the servers?

Please respect other players and have fun on the servers.

This is getting outta hand, it's a shame, the game is so much fun and i think in time, the admins and members will figure it all out. Let's focus on playing the game, getting more players in the server. Keep the stock servers stock and in time maybe everyone warms up to diff ideas and mods for the custom server (hence 'CUSTOM') like I have seen them tell us.

I like the PvP server a lot and I hope (as i have seen) more XI members will come and join me to play there :thumbsup:

@@Sonovabich  , give the admins some time I guess.. they dont play a lot at the same time as us ;) so they might not experience the same as we do. I think in time, things will be sorted mate <3 cheer up and come get a hug and cookie in the PvP server. Im in there :)

This is getting outta hand, it's a shame, the game is so much fun and i think in time, the admins and members will figure it all out. Let's focus on playing the game, getting more players in the server. Keep the stock servers stock and in time maybe everyone warms up to diff ideas and mods for the custom server (hence 'CUSTOM') like I have seen them tell us.

I like the PvP server a lot and I hope (as i have seen) more XI members will come and join me to play there :thumbsup:

@@Sonovabich  , give the admins some time I guess.. they dont play a lot at the same time as us ;) so they might not experience the same as we do. I think in time, things will be sorted mate <3 cheer up and come get a hug and cookie in the PvP server. Im in there :)

Yea, it's tough that we play at opposite times of the day. :(

I really don't like where I this going. It's truly unfortunate. The struggle for creative control is really starting to show how ugly some people can get here. When was the last time complaining over and over again about something that is not an actual "PROBLEM" do anything for anybody. We seem to be spending more time creating negativity about a branch of Xi community instead of promoting it by JUST PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME. Come on now people. Lets grow up here.   

Edited by SupaDupa

• Member ID:  69
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Content Count:  2660
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  22968
  • Days Won:  19
  • Birthday:  05/07/1965

Unfortunately my time zone and working schedule doesn't allow me to play too much on the servers exept on the coop one but i'll give my opinion on this.

What had been said about the PvP server is true it should be kept as "genuine" as possible,the tactical realism of this game is awesome and whe should keep it like it is .

Now speaking about the custom server this is a complete different story in my opinion.What brought me here about 7 years ago was the cod4 Ace mod server and what kept me here was the cod5 customs maps server both totaly unrealistic and far from what the game makers intended to do but super fun to play.Not to mention the cod4 freeze tag servers,i personaly don't like this mod but we must admit this is a big succes ...

So please don't forget that customizing servers is our dna here at XI . Speaking about the custom server i could run around  the maps wearing a daffy duck suit and handling a laser sword as long at is fun to play,fun is realy the key word on this type of servers .

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I really don't like where I this going. It's truly unfortunate. The struggle for creative control is really starting to show how ugly some people can get here. When was the last time complaining over and over again about something that is not an actual "PROBLEM" do anything for anybody. We seem to be spending more time creating negativity about a branch of Xi community instead of promoting it by JUST PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME. Come on now people. Lets grow up here.   

No... no big deal. We argue once and a while... and we then get over it on some kind of compromise.

And !fu if expect us to grow up. We play videos games damit!!! lol :lol: