Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New Insurgency Custom Server

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

We will not be putting more kit points into each player. That would upset the balance of the game. 

The reason you don't have enough points to fill out your kit with all the grenades and guns you can carry is:

1) You are supposed to coordinate with your team on who has the explosives and protect that player.

2) You are supposed to play well in the round to earn more points to upgrade your guns.

3) That would make things too easy and take the struggle out of the game.  (it would be like cheat codes... they are fun for 5 minutes until it takes all the fun out of it)

Well i like it as it is but i know a lot of players would like it changed, maybe we should have a vote and see if people want it or not, it's about getting people on the servers in the first place then keeping them happy or they will play elsewhere.

• Member ID:  5470
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

I'm on co-op a lot and I haven't heard anyone complain abpout the points.

Well  i hear people mention it nearly everyday  but we are not talking about the Co-op server ,you only need 8 people in there to fill it, we are trying to get people in the real servers, keeping a   Co-op server full will not help keep this game going for XI, we need more people in the Tactical PVP and this new Custom server or i predict we will be saying bye bye to this game soon.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  20439
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2831
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/22/1973

Well  i hear it nearly everyday  but we are not talking about the Co-op server ,you only need 8 people in there to fill it, we are trying to get people in the real servers, keeping a   Co-op server full will not help keep this game going for XI, we need more people in the Tactical PVP and this new Custom server or i predict we will be saying bye bye to this game soon.

I haven't heard anyone moan and groan that there isn't enough points on the Tactical PvP server to be able to upgrade, and trying to keep them alive, if anything, kill the Co-op or/and the Custom server. That's just my 2 cents.

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3349
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45229
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

Can't wait!

I haven't heard anyone moan and groan that there isn't enough points on the Tactical PvP server to be able to upgrade, and trying to keep them alive, if anything, kill the Co-op or/and the Custom server. That's just my 2 cents.

I never said people were moaning and groaning but i have heard people say they would like more points for their weapons on many occasions and i wouldn't want the Co-op server to go if possible because people will just go and play somewhere else, it is handy if you are on your own you can nip into a Co-op server and play by yourself but just filling a Co-op server with 8 people will not take this game forward.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  21058
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  220
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2494
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  20963
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

I agree with SOB - We need more people to jump into XI PvP to start it up, not just sit AFK, to actually play, sitting AFK does not help at all. (no offence) I know it's easier to just join a different server where there are players, but if we work together and make XI Server a known server, people will go in there by themselves so we aren't always needed no more to start things up.

As for the CO-OP, don't get rid of that, there's some players that prefer CO-OP over PvP, and especially how it goes now, if people don't help fill the PvP Server, I go to the CO-OP XI too. Or other servers. I spend a lot of time trying to get people in our server, I bug them on Steam, X-fire, TS, the shoutbox... It's more so that non-members follow me in. And yeah, there are different time zones, people have work, school, whatnot.. But I am online for at least 8 hours a day, big time span.

So, let's work together guys! Let's make this PvP Server as popular as the COD4 MW2 Server! :D:thumbsup:

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

We will not be putting more kit points into each player. That would upset the balance of the game. 

The reason you don't have enough points to fill out your kit with all the grenades and guns you can carry is:

1) You are supposed to coordinate with your team on who has the explosives and protect that player.

2) You are supposed to play well in the round to earn more points to upgrade your guns.

3) That would make things too easy and take the struggle out of the game.  (it would be like cheat codes... they are fun for 5 minutes until it takes all the fun out of it)

I don't disagree with your points here, eidolon, but I'll make some observations as to what's really impeding this game.

To your first point --  it's TeamSpeak. 

We've all come to congregate on TeamSpeak when playing the game, and that's fine because it's fun to have a good ol' BS session with friends while you play.  But when the opponents are talking about what they are doing, or where they have spotted the other team, it defeats the purpose of a tactical game like this.  The in-game chat is all that should be used in Insurgency by my way of thinking.

Playing the bots is another matter, because by design it's us against the bots, and we can talk freely amongst ourselves.  Playing a free-for-all death match like COD5 also lends itself to open communication because it's everyone against everyone else and so strategy doesn't matter.  But that's not how the tactical and custom Insurgency servers work.  I think FFA DM and US vs BOTS-style games are great for Breakfast Club groups that are as much social as they are into the game.  This is where it would help to have an admin team that suggests ways to meet everyone's needs in that regard.  Like promoting US vs BOTS Breakfast Club play on M, W, F, and tactical server gaming on Tu, Th, Sa, Su, as a for instance.

Either way, TeamSpeak is crippling our servers as an open place for others to come play because they are not on our TeamSpeak.  Yes, the in-game announcements give the TeamSpeak address and password, but that's not what outsiders are expecting, especially when there is a perfectly good in-game chat system available.

On the matter of coordinating classes - especially who's going to have the explosives - that seems a more difficult matter.  Maybe on other clan's servers players discuss player class on the way in.  I don't hear that happening here.  We all just pick a class we'd like to try, or have become somewhat accustomed to.  But that's because we're noobs at this game.

So as I see it:

1)  We (as a clan) are noobies to this game.

2)  Because of #1, we don't have game yet (i.e., strategy)

3)  We are relying on the wrong communication medium.

4)  A few extra kit points (not unlimited, but maybe just an additional 6pts maybe) could provide enough to add an explosive/incendiary to any kit while still limiting kit selection enough to continue making it a challenge.

5)  #4 could be tightened back up over time, but may provide just the slack the clan needs in this early stage to ease into better proficiency and learn to be more tactical.

And I think...

1)  We need to commit to the game and not be so worried about, or start predicting the demise of our servers.

2)  We need to get better time coverage by the admin team.  So that, for instance, in the Breakfast Club matches, when morons come in and blatantly team kill, get votekicked, then just come right back in, that we can take a more decisive action to ban their sorry asses.  We don't have that kind of coverage at the moment.

3)  And finally, I'll humbly submit that it's inappropriate for the game admin team to be dismissive of the Senior Admin team's suggestions.  When they suggest that we try to do this or that, coming back and saying "we will not be...[doing this or that]" seems a little pretentious to me.  imho.  Your mileage may vary.

This is an AWESOME game.  We're just experiencing growing pains with it coming out of the gate.  Nevertheless, I see this being a long term game for the clan.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11856
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106403
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Great points everyone and I'm working very hard to try and find the medium to get these servers to work for us. I am also getting out name out there on reddit, Steam, insmaps.com. If anyone knows of any other forums for this game please let me know and I will go there and promote there as well. 

Please keep leaving feedback here and we will do our best to get these servers populated and on players favorites list. 

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11856
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106403
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Eidolon has been a huge help with getting these servers up and running and I know has put a ton of time and effort to make them the best they can be. He wants the servers to be as successful as you and I and we will find a medium to please everyone it will just take time. Be that either opening new servers, taking down servers, adding maps, removing maps, adding points, removing points we will find something that will work. 

We just need you guy to keep giving us feedback so we can find the right fit 

• Member ID:  2759
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

Adding kit points has already been discussed by the insurgency head admin team long before this thread and we are not adding points to the kits. Doing so would unbalance the game.

There are no plans to close any of the servers. Both PvP and coop have their merits and personally I enjoy both servers.

I keep teamspeak and in-game voice separate by having them key'd differently. I encourage you all to use the in-game comms as much as possible to include our guests in the fun and to set the example for them by communicating well with your team to strategize and move around the field tactically.

Often I and the admins will actively invite well mannered guests into the TS channel. Some of them have come into TS and the ones that do keep coming back to the server and logging into TS. I also courage you to do this and actively invite guests into TS.

Thank you all for your feedback. Keep it coming! I'm glad some of you are enjoying this game as much as I am. It's a great game that I would love to see get very popular among XI members. However, it's been a rocky start with lots of negative attitude and mis-communication (on my part as well). Please keep a positive outlook and respect other players and their opinions.

I will see you all in-game! BYOM!   (Bring your own mayonnaise!)

IDK, maybe I don't configure TeamSpeak optimally for use in game - I don't use push-to-talk, nor do I really want to enable it.  I already have a key bound for the in-game chat and I only have so many fingers on my left hand to do stuff with let alone trying to adapt to two instead of just one comm channel.

Maybe if TS had a quick toggle hot key between voice-activated and push-to-talk...  Anyone know if that's possible?  Maybe that would work. 

IDK, maybe I don't configure TeamSpeak optimally for use in game - I don't use push-to-talk, nor do I really want to enable it.  I already have a key bound for the in-game chat and I only have so many fingers on my left hand to do stuff with let alone trying to adapt to two instead of just one comm channel.

Maybe if TS had a quick toggle hot key between voice-activated and push-to-talk...  Anyone know if that's possible?  Maybe that would work.

I've been trying to find a TS addon that'll do that for a while now... So-far I've just gotten fast at manually switching modes. :ermm:  (I switch to push-to-talk once I join the game)

As it is, I use alt for TS and ctrl for in-game. I'm always careful to keep the banter in TS and the team-coordination in-game only.

I have played many different servers Mot and i can say that there is hardly any teamchat at all, some people still type "look out behind you" and stuff like that,  in many of the servers i play  usually i am the only one who is speaking, it might prompt one or two others sometimes but in the whole people generally don't talk, so i would have to disagree that Teamspeak is impeding this game, all they use in BF4 is TS and that does not seem to cause any problems in there

Edited by Sonovabich

I have played many different servers Mot and i can say that there is hardly any teamchat at all, some people still type "look out behind you" and stuff like that,  in many of the servers i play  usually i am the only one who is speaking, it might prompt one or two others sometimes but in the whole people generally don't talk, so i would have to disagree that Teamspeak is impeding this game, all they use in BF4 is TS and that does not seem to cause any problems in there

They type "look behind you" because they are dead and you can't hear their voice chat.

I have found that 1 in 5 players prefer to communicate with voice but being the only guy doing it sucks so they don't speak up.

If you set the example and consistently lead the way in using voice chat properly, they will join in. Those are the type of players who we want coming back to the server. They are looking for a server where they can have an engaging and fun fight.

This is why one of the server rules is "No Mic Spamming". I usually silence players who are being obnoxious in voice comms because it counters everything we are trying to do. Players shouting useless nonsense about "snackbars" etc are discouraging legitimate players from speaking up or sticking around at all.

Interestingly, once you silence the spamming player and they realize they can no longer fill our ears with their diarrhea-of-the-mouth, they voluntarily leave. (usually after intentionally TK'ing on their way out the door and proving they're a shitty player) 

You discount that there is no discernible strategy in BF4, sob - it's just one big-ass cluster-fuck in which tens of people on each side run around desperately trying to kill people while the game's messed up hit registration foils them more than half the time. When you're playing 2 v 2 Insurgency like we started out with this morning, you can't just announce, "let's go get B" or "you take the right side of the bridge and I'll take the left" on an open channel without seriously compromising your position or strategy.

Maybe it is true that there is no greater amount of in-game team chat on other clans' servers than in ours, I'm not so sure.  I get the impression that the winning teams/players are in fact communicating with each other and developing a plan, not just acting like fools rushing in.  I always laugh at the guy who sees me slow to a crawl to scope out around a corner or whatever, but just blows on past me anyway and dies because he just had to be Rambo.  And I've heard other players come into our servers and say something like, "What's the plan?" at the beginning of a round only to be frustrated by the silence.  idk.  Just thinking out loud here mainly.

You discount that there is no discernible strategy in BF4, sob - it's just one big-ass cluster-fuck in which tens of people on each side run around desperately trying to kill people while the game's messed up hit registration foils them more than half the time. When you're playing 2 v 2 Insurgency like we started out with this morning, you can't just announce, "let's go get B" or "you take the right side of the bridge and I'll take the left" on an open channel without seriously compromising your position or strategy.

Maybe it is true that there is no greater amount of in-game team chat on other clans' servers than in ours, I'm not so sure.  I get the impression that the winning teams/players are in fact communicating with each other and developing a plan, not just acting like fools rushing in.  I always laugh at the guy who sees me slow to a crawl to scope out around a corner or whatever, but just blows on past me anyway and dies because he just had to be Rambo.  And I've heard other players come into our servers and say something like, "What's the plan?" at the beginning of a round only to be frustrated by the silence.  idk.  Just thinking out loud here mainly.

I could kiss you on the mouth right now...

.... it was the same way in BF3 and it annoyed the crap out of me.

I could kiss you on the mouth right now...

.... it was the same way in BF3 and it annoyed the crap out of me.

Scope anyone?  I seriously need to gargle after that remark!  :lol:

.. I always talk in game.. Plus im on ts. No ones ever in the channels. (except for the few here and there that are online for a wee bit)

As for you being a snail on the floor.. cos thats your way of playing, and calling others 'Rambo' for running around, is kinda pointless.. Everyone plays the game different. I for one don't like to lay on the street with a sniper waiting till I get someone in my scope. Theres objectives to play and I for one like to do that. So keep on laughing ;)

As for talk in server.. I enjoy it too when people point out where enemies are, and strategies.. If anything I mute out the assholes and morons in this game.

<3 love you all

Edited by Nisty*

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6520
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63383
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

How about Listerine? I have it for you! :P

Scope anyone?  I seriously need to gargle after that remark!  :lol:

How about Listerine? I have it for you! :P

..... I have mayonnaise.....

hellmanns-real-mayonnaise-63682.jpg

Oh plus I also invite nice players in TS I played with a couple times. It's kinda strange to read that just the head admins and admins do that, and try to "encourage" us to do the same.. I think I have been trying to get XI in the picture a lot through many things when it comes to insurgency. Admin or not.

* rant over * :whistle:

..... I have mayonnaise.....

hellmanns-real-mayonnaise-63682.jpg

Yeah, and you're seriously making me re-think my love of that, too!  :ermm:

Yeah, and you're seriously making me re-think my love of that, too!  :ermm:

You.... you love me?

Oh plus I also invite nice players in TS I played with a couple times. It's kinda strange to read that just the head admins and admins do that, and try to "encourage" us to do the same.. I think I have been trying to get XI in the picture a lot through many things when it comes to insurgency. Admin or not.

* rant over * :whistle:

You're doing a great job @@Nisty* !!! Keep up the good work!  It sucks that we are in such different time zones. It makes it so hard to play together.

I wasn't trying to imply that only the admins were doing it lol... I know you do a great job!