Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Explosives Jacket too powerful

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

To keep it quick. Ish.

P90 assuming close range does 30 points damage per. Also assuming no suppressor. No changes, everything about the P90 is standard. At farthest ranges it will go down to a minimum of 20. All SMGs do 20 at range. However the MP5 does 40 at close range. The reason? The P90 is overpowered (according to promod people) for an SMG when it comes to accuracy at mid to long range. It is significantly higher. Less punch with the P90 but more accuracy and a slightly higher ROF. Or the other way around with the MP5. That is the balance. So as always choices based on how you like to play or what works best with the map. I prefer the latter because of the power for a close range weapon. If I want power at longer range I will go with a fast AR.

So with this in mind.....

As for armor, perk armor is 60. Health is 30. So 90. At close range 3 rounds will kill. At longer ranges it might actually take 5 (20 damage x 5 = 100). In any case, armor is actually significantly less useful than juggy. Which I was not going to add since it also was overpowered. But had to add something to help counter the hip fire or extra damage perks. To get that little bit of armor, one time only, they give up stealth and hardwired.

I should have a text file with all of this so I dont have to keep reprinting it once a month. :lol:

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Do a write up on damage of the weapons and perks and we shall make that post a sticky.

Uh, yea right. Like I am going to go through every weapon and do that. In this case it is common knowledge that people choose the P90 because of the accuracy at range for an SMG. That comes with a penalty like all things. Of course you dont know about such penalties if all you play is hardcore with no kind of bullet defense options and you die when shot in the foot. You learn by doing. Not what you read on a post. :lol:

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5095
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44702
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Armor is also way too powerful. Yesterday I was using the P90 and got 5 hit markers on someone (at least a couple of those were head shots) and he didn't die. I mean come on. When people wear armor, the element of surprise is completely negated. You work hard to sneak into the other team's spawn, get behind someone and get 5 hits on them and they are still able to turn around and kill you?? For fuck's sake people...come on.

P90 is a POS in this mod.It's like 30% less dmg if you have a silencer on it Even if you have stopping power on.Accually I think Stopping Power is Not functioning at all.MP5 is a little better than the P90.Fucking strange thing is that you can get 1 shot kills with the Glock or any other pistol and they use the same or similar caliber to the SMG guns.

Suppressors.... on all weapons... do the same min/max damage as regular versions. However, the damage reduction falloff is much faster.

*All* pistols do more max damage than the P90 at 40 points but the damage falloff is also very fast. Much faster than SMG's. Making them very good for close enemies but not very good at range. Two exceptions, the DE and Mag do 50 max. They have obvious counter balances. And no this wasnt something I did. It is this way in the standard game as well.

As for 'caliber' it makes no sense whatsoever to compare a real world weapon with a video game. :lol:

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3352
  • Achievement Points:  45256

Do a write up on damage of the weapons and perks and we shall make that post a sticky.

I think Boom Boom has a new calling and task, good job on volunteering for that!

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  756
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6301
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

To keep it quick. Ish.

P90 assuming close range does 30 points damage per. Also assuming no suppressor. No changes, everything about the P90 is standard. At farthest ranges it will go down to a minimum of 20. All SMGs do 20 at range. However the MP5 does 40 at close range. The reason? The P90 is overpowered (according to promod people) for an SMG when it comes to accuracy at mid to long range. It is significantly higher. Less punch with the P90 but more accuracy and a slightly higher ROF. Or the other way around with the MP5. That is the balance. So as always choices based on how you like to play or what works best with the map. I prefer the latter because of the power for a close range weapon. If I want power at longer range I will go with a fast AR.

So with this in mind.....

As for armor, perk armor is 60. Health is 30. So 90. At close range 3 rounds will kill. At longer ranges it might actually take 5 (20 damage x 5 = 100). In any case, armor is actually significantly less useful than juggy. Which I was not going to add since it also was overpowered. But had to add something to help counter the hip fire or extra damage perks. To get that little bit of armor, one time only, they give up stealth and hardwired.

I should have a text file with all of this so I dont have to keep reprinting it once a month. :lol:

The Promod people do not know what they are talking about. The P90 uses a 5.7 x 28 round. (It is basically a shortened 5.56 AR round) This round has a much flatter trajectory and higher muzzle velocity than an MP5 using 9mm. The P90 in reality would be much more accurate and have a much higher lethal damage capacity at longer ranges than an MP5 would.

I think Boom Boom has a new calling and task, good job on volunteering for that!

Die die die Pinglo.

As I said, you are talking about a real world weapon in a real world environment. Not the stats designed to fill a specific role within the game. This kind of arcade game anyways. The weapon model here is just for looks. They easily could have switched the models and it would have no effect on the game. They chose. Things like trajectories and such are way outside the realm of this game. I assume other games like BF refer to that as 'gravity drop'. However I dont know if that only applies to snipers so as to keep it from getting overly complicated. The only cod4 mod I saw where gravity plays a role is paintball. But that is because those little paint balls are, as far as the game as concerned, tubes.

• Member ID:  23520
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  748
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7185
  • Days Won:  1

Great show. We should add the staff weapon in place of some of the bows. The non-explosive ones perhaps.

The Promod people do not know what they are talking about. The P90 uses a 5.7 x 28 round. (It is basically a shortened 5.56 AR round) This round has a much flatter trajectory and higher muzzle velocity than an MP5 using 9mm. The P90 in reality would be much more accurate and have a much higher lethal damage capacity at longer ranges than an MP5 would.

The P90 Rocks, shot a real one at last XiFest, amazingly accurate and easy to shoot.

Even better. Compare a video game to a TV show.

• Member ID:  4147
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  756
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6301
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

The P90 Rocks, shot a real one at last XiFest, amazingly accurate and easy to shoot.

I own the civilian verson PS90 and I love it. I'm sure it is not nearly as fun as the full auto version. Was the one you shot suppressed?

I own the civilian verson PS90 and I love it. I'm sure it is not nearly as fun as the full auto version. Was the one you shot suppressed?

Nope, not suppressed, have the video somewhere...