Bazza

Argh!!!! CoD4 STRIKES AGAIN

Hi guys, my stupid computer deleted CoD4 instead of another game.  I have tried to reinstall with steam, yes that meant buying it again, as I have no disc anymore,  but I CANNOT get it to update. the patches wont go on, as it says they are installed, but when I play I have the wrong version?

Please help me :P

4 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Hi guys, my stupid computer deleted CoD4 instead of another game.  I have tried to reinstall with steam, yes that meant buying it again, as I have no disc anymore,  but I CANNOT get it to update. the patches wont go on, as it says they are installed, but when I play I have the wrong version?

Please help me :P

this is a "fix" for cod4 steam version on Windows OS. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnmo82n9x5bp5s3/iw3mp.exe?dl=0

or

"Download that exe and put in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4 or where steam is located. Then it will work!!!"

I scanned both using Virus Totals online file scanner which uses around 80 scan engines and both are 100% clean.

Copied from one of the hundreds of posts people made on the steam forums over the past month and a half. Seems to be the only "fix" until Steam gets there heads out of there ass. Just replace the main exe file with a working v1.7 Steam exe and it will work again.

Steam auto installs 1.8 patch. We run 1.7  

Download 1 of the 1.7 exe files that Timmah posted and replace your existing iw3mp.exe 

It should be in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4  Or where ever drive you might have Steam installed on.

• If you are logged in and cannot contribute to a post then you may need to join the 'club' for the game area you are in. To view a list of all our new clubs visit here: https://www.xtremeidiots.com/clubs/