Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

To my family at xi Just wanted to update you

wildthing

• Member ID:  36
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  124
  • Topic Count:  235
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3845
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  34608
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  17
  • Birthday:  11/22/1968
  • Device:  Windows

I love playing with all of you and am having a hard time still. I am trying to hold together and hoping that the state of minnesota is able to help me fight the insurance company. This is a copy of the email I sent them wish me the best of luck.

To Whom it may concern,

My name is Eric Swan and I called your office about my home owners insurance being cancelled when I filed a claim about my basement failing. I have attached the documents that I have from them and I am waiting for the engineers' report that you request I get. Once I have that I will send it to you. I feel that this is not right for them to do to me. It has caused so much stress right now on my wife she is not able to sleep at night and has been crying for four days because she is afraid we are going to lose our home. I have contacted a person to give me a quote to fix the issue but for six years I have paid the policy and when I bought the home nothing looked wrong with the basement. I wish they would help me fix it and have my policy reinstated. What is the purpose of insurance if your basement fails and they can walk away from you. That is like having car insurance and getting in an accident then they say we won't pay the claim and we cancelled your policy. I have talked to friends here in town and they say that yes they can do this and it has happened to them also. I feel this needs to change in our state. I am sorry to vent on you for this but my wife has gotten so depressed that she has wanted to end her life. I am doing my best to help her cope and it has made us feel like what did we do wrong.

Eric Swan
213 1st Avenue South
Albert Lea, MN 56007 

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Sorry to hear that Wild, yes you are right you keep your part of the deal and pay your insurance policy every month and now these fuckers are trying to squeeze out of it, it seems these insurance companies are the same everywhere just one big fucking con!Frown

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Wild my heart goes out to you. I can relate to the stress you are going thru as I have just lost my home and everything. I want to tell you somethings that may help you and you precious wife I was in the process of loosing everything I was suffering from depression and was in dire need of help. Thank God I was able to recognize that I did because I was thinking about ending it all myself. ZAfter I received the help I needed I realized some things. First all the things I was stressing about loosing were just"things", not worth all the stress and anguish they were causing in my life. You have a right to be angry and upset with the insurance company, but there are many many more worse things that an happen. Things can, and are replaced everyday. It is not a disgrace upon you or your wife when an unscrupulous business ruins what you have worked long and hard for. I was married for 28 yrs and when she left one day my world came crashing to the ground. I tried so hard to get companies to work with me but they refused and now I am divorced and bankrupt and alone as both of my kids who were living with me have moved out on their own. My health deteriorated so I was forced to quit my job and I have begin the long road back by going to school to get an education. My point in telling you all this is Bro. while your looking at a long dark tunnel now, you will come out the other side more than a conqueror. My prayers are for you!

• Member ID:  891
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

you just gotta love it,  They figure if they pay your claim that they cant buy their manditory lexus, camaro, lamborgiani that they are supposed to have, I hate the fact your in this bind and if i could do anything let me know brother, your in our hearts and soul brother keep the chin up cause god is testing you and for pain in the ass test like this, he must have something grand in store for you.

• Member ID:  1100
  • Followers:  164
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1038
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  9273
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/30/1980
  • Device:  Android

Bro, I hope it all goes well.  Call the Civil Rights department and see i fhte insurance company is violating any rights that yo may not know.  Also call the dept of Justice.

• Member ID:  1540
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

Wow Wild I really feel for you, what a load of crap! How people can do this and get away with it is beyond me.

I dont know what they call it in MN but here we have a county extension office, and sometimes they have emergency grant and low interest loan funding, sometimes both. Most likely a long shot but if they dont they may point you in the right direction.

Good luck bud and keep yer chin up!

• Member ID:  1786
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1062
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  7865
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/21/1985

Im sending the most positive vibes i can from over the sea my friend.. Keep fighting and stay focused and you will win in the end!!

• Member ID:  503
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555
  • Days Won:  1

Wild what reason did they give you for canceling the policy?   Doesn't seem like that would be legal.   Good luck, hang in there, and give em hell.

• Member ID:  1891
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

So if i get this right:

you bought a house

had an inspection

passed the inspection

closed an insurrance deal

now there is a problem in u'r basement.

u didn't do anything about the basement?

then u can call the previous home owners (or even prosecute them) for niglecting important structural problems with your house

(if what i'm saying is right offcourse)

but best of luck in your fight against the company!

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

i am sorry to hear about this wildthing, it sucks balls...literally. My best advice to you is to seek a lawyer to represent you to the insurance company. Most lawyers give the first consultation free, and in a case like this there would be damages from which I believe the lawyer would take his/her fee from, if not from suing the insurance company for legal expenses. It seems to me that anything to do with insurance requires a lawyer these days to represent you as the red tape is so extensive, those are the only qualified individuals with the knowledge to deal with the insurance company using their own language against them. Good iuck my friend and hang in there.

• Member ID:  687
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  442
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2604
  • Birthday:  02/21/1970

Damn Wild, It's your year to be shit on by Satan. Look to the Lord and He will hook you up for sure. You are in our prayers.

• Member ID:  1891
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

And if u want i can try to help u by the means in wich i can, i was allways good in my rights in school and college :-)

but than again, i only learned the belgian and european rights

so i need to research some about the us and the minnesota laws :-)

• Member ID:  219
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  492
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2906
  • Birthday:  04/28/1957

I know I would have someone in court

• Member ID:  467
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1721
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  10631
  • Birthday:  09/11/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

Contact the Minnesota Department of Commerce...I think thats what they call it in your state.

All Insurance Companys are watched by Department in each State. Here in North Carolina it's the State Department on Insurance.

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

Go after the home inspector thats what you pay them for.

As for insurance i dont know about your state but here in Ma they have THE FAIR ACT PLAN the state provides insurance. Or your mortgage company may insure themselves at a very high premium

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

• Member ID:  697
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  332
  • Birthday:  05/21/1967

Reach out to Title...  I believe he would be a good source being in the state of Minn and working with the Industry....

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

oh damn wild .. that is some deep crap right there.. one thing is for sure if u closed the Insurance deal and there was nothing wrong with the house before and u have nothing to do with the basemtn failing then theres NO way they can back off and do something like that.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Yep, get a lawyer. If you can't afford one, call your legal aid society (Google it for MN)

You need to understand your rights and legal recourse before you do anything else.

• Member ID:  58
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2552
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  16507
  • Birthday:  08/27/1975

Wildthing,

The one thing you have here in XI is all of us to guide you through this.  Hit me up with details "ie If its a electrical problem, and or a house foundation problem" I am sure we have idiots that are out that way to provide their skills to assist in fixing the issue.  I am sure that you and your wife will find a way through this hardship.  Let us know if you need any guidance or assistance through this.

Best Wishes,

RJ

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Hey wild that really sucks ass. Like everyone said before get a lawyer, that is the best thing that you could do. Get somebody that specializes fighting insurance companies. I was a general contractor and a home inspector for nearly twenty years. It won't do any good to go against a home inspector, they are only liable for the cost of the inspection, and that is such a bullshit industry. If they can't see it, then they can't put it in the report. Hell, in 40 states all you need to be a home inspector is a business license. In all of the states but ten or so, there is no qualification at all. Go buy a $50 business license, call yourself an inspector and there you go. Quite a scam. I have no idea why banks and mortgage companies rely on such unknowledgeable bullshit people.

I was a contractor for several years and I also took a course in home inspection, at least I was qualified.

In all states everything is different, the insurance regs, the previous home owners requirements, so get you a good aggressive lawyer. I hate lawyers with a passion. They are a necessary evil. Just make sure you are on the good side of one. 

I have built several homes and know quite a bit about most all of it, just pm me if you need something. 

Good luck, our thoughts are with you.

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

Eric (Wild),

I'm so sorry to here about the stress on your lives. All my thoughts are with you and your wife. I too have been going through tons of stress the past year or so. Please hang in there. No matter what happens in life it's all about how we deal with the situations that come to us. Noone can ever take away the love that you and your wife have for each other. The love of family, friendships, laughters and of coarse XI. They can take away your house but never your home. After getting to know you through XI I'm certain that what ever happens with you and your wife will always be happy. Please tell your wife she has lots of friends here thinking about her. I say this with the hope that someday I can remember my own words. Which may be sooner than later.

OK! Let your insurance company know that you are calling the Minnesota Insurance Commisioner. Make the call and explain what is going on. The Insurance Commisioner has been coming down hard on Insurance Companies that have been doing this shit. JUST FUCKING PISSES ME OFF!! I assume you have a Mortgage on the property. If your property is not insured the Mortgage Company is usually informed soon after as they are listed as loss payee on your insurance. Most likely they will escrow your insurance payment and your monthly payment will go up. Down fall to this is they usually choose the insurance company and the premium may be higher. Best bet is to start searching for a new insurance company

Now! There are some grants out there through Minnesota Housing Fund and others. You may qualify for a loan to fix your basement. These loans are a no payment loan and go away after seven (+/-) years. If you sell or refinance within tose yaers  you would be obligated to repay the loan back. This is usually pro-rated so the longer you have the loan the less monies you would have to repay. I will get on the horn tomorrow and find out more details. When I have something for you I will shoot you a PM.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HANG IN THERE AND KEEP YOUR CHIN UP. 

TITLEGUY, Duluth, MN

Thanks guys for your support the first part was to the minnesota comissioner I just got the report from the enginner which I am going to show you guys.

Dear Mr. Swan:

Pursuant to your request, on October 15, 2010 we analyzed the foundation of your home located

at 215 1

prior to 1900 and consists of a 2-story home with a block foundation and basement. The home is

situated at the northeast quadrant of the intersection of West Main Street and 1

Furthermore, you indicated that the home had a history of water intrusion into the basement but

that in recent years drainage improvements had been made in the area including to the adjacent

roadway (West Main Street) and that since then water intrusion has been limited to areas of the

basement floor that become wet on the surface. We measured the depth of your basement below

the adjacent ground surface to be around seven (7) blocks deep or approximately five (5) feet

below ground.

Based on our observations, we found that portions of the north, west and south walls were

severely bowed, cracked and/or buckled inward. This bowing was evident from both the interior

and exterior of the home. Some of the bowing was on the order of3" - 4" out of being vertically

plumb in relation to the top and bottom of the wall. We also observed scaling of the paint and

outer surface layer of the block, particularly on the south wall. We observed cracking of the

basement walls on the order of approximately 3116" wide. In addition, the south wall, in the

vicinity of the bowing, felt wet and crumbly to thc touch when we removed a small piece of the

outer paint surface.

Furthermore, it appeared as though the bowing of the walls indicated above has induced lateral

movement and/or compression of portions of the main floor joists to the point where interior

column, door and stairwell framing has been shifted, distorted and/or moved out of a vertically

plumb position.

We did observe water stains along portions of the basement floor and some locations at the

bottom of the basement walls and on the sides of the walls several block courses off the floor.

The largest area of cracking appeared to be on the south wall (near the washer and dryer) in

which you indicated was cracking that occurred recently as a result of heavy rains. In our

opinion, the cracking in this location appeared to be recent cracking as well based on the lack of

paint within the cracks and the lack of water stains near the cracks.

Observations on the exterior of the home confirmed the presence of rain gutters and in general,

adequate surface slope away from the home's foundation, with the exception of the north side

(driveway) which appeared relatively flat. However, from a more regional perspective, the home

appears to be situated adjacent to a street sag point (low point) created by West Main Street and

Based on our observations, it is our opinion that the condition of the foundation and other

structural members that have incurred lateral movement are related to and/or a direct result of

water pressures on the outside of the foundation. It is likely that reoccurring water pressures

and/or intrusion over time have weakened the foundation. However, it did appear as though

more sudden and/or rapid yielding of the walls has occurred.

Based on our observations, it is our opinion that the foundation along with the aforementioned

interior framing is not structurally stable and that failure or collapse of the foundation could

result, particularly if the foundation is subjected to additional exterior water pressure. Based on

this opinion, occupancy of the structure is not advised.

It is not clear to us whether the foundation could be repaired and realigned. Repair would

depend on the extent of deterioration of the existing block and the methods or means proposed to

realign the block and associated framing members to a structurally stable position. We

recommend contacting a Contractor experienced with this type of work. It is possible that

replacement of the affected portions of the foundation is the only feasible and long term solution

to the damaged foundation.

If there are any questions, please let us know.

• Member ID:  960
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4341
  • Birthday:  05/03/1963
  • Device:  Android