Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Free Music ?

vipersniper

• Member ID:  371
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  67
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  854
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6772
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1962

just wondering is there such thing of downloading free music anymore ?

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Yes m8, i have UTORRENT and ISOHUNT , ISOHUNT finds the music UTORRENT downloads the torrent/music/tracks, i never have a problem with it, usually very quick downloads depending on how many streaming at the time of course.

http://www.utorrent.com/

http://isohunt.com/

Edited by Sonovabich

Those links i gave you Viper, the first for utorrent click on orange bar that says "get utorrent" then you get the option for the free download, the other link to isohunt should take you straight into the program, just type whatever band you want music from in the little box that says search next to it and voila.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  379
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2721
  • Birthday:  12/05/1990

The easiest way is to get a you tube downloader that converts the audio of a youtube video to a mp3. There's one called Rocket i believe and Youtube downloader. Just dl them from C-net it is safe there. I use the rocket one all the time to convert songs and put them on my iphone. This is much easier and safer than the torrents because the government or internet provider can't come after you.

• Member ID:  3174
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

viper i do believe any music recordings over 25 years old become public domain and royalty free... i may be wrong on this, but i'm sure we are going to get someone who actually knows the rules... djmot for one would know all about it as he own an internet radio station. There are some sites that filter the music downloads, but there are many many others that do not, so you would be on the hook if you get caught downloading royalty required material.

But one thing viper, the rules in Canada are MUCH more relaxed that the usa... might want to get a Canadian perspective on this... let me google that 4 u....

Edited by LordOfChaos

here is a decision just earlier this month by the Supreme Court of Canada... seems you are off the hook in Canada... lol

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/07/12/pol-supreme-court-copyright-rulings.html

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

here is a decision just earlier this month by the Supreme Court of Canada... seems you are off the hook in Canada... lol

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ht-rulings.html

The way I read this decision you are only off the hook if you are downloading from a site that has already paid a royalty fee... :) :)

Awards

• Member ID:  3095
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1277
  • Birthday:  02/14/1963

I would tread lightly discussing this on a public forum.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ht-rulings.html

The way I read this decision you are only off the hook if you are downloading from a site that has already paid a royalty fee... :) :)

I think you are right... but... does this means that the only party responsible for paying royalties on music downloads is the sender... not the reciever... or does it just muddle the water... i though it meant that there is no fee for the person doing the downloading... it is up to the party sending it... now i am confused :P

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41340
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

I would tread lightly discussing this on a public forum.

I'll cover their arses.. if a request for information is sent to the website (IP's etc).. i'll delete the database.. that should hide all the evidence.. right? :P

duc.

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8280
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53720
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2115
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15146
  • Days Won:  13

The quality of bootlegs copies (MP3's,etc..) are pretty bad. I know some will chime in saying "oh they sound good to me", well thats because one, you grew up listening to crappy ripped mp3's so thats how you perceive music. Or two, you have forgotten the sound of quality music played back on vintage or hi end gear. Listen to a commercial Vinyl LP or Reel to Reel on GOOD equipment and you will shit your pants. Compare those to CD's and the fidelity is still better. Yes you may have a few pops and or tape hiss, but so much more pleasing to the ears. Now Super CD's or DVD Audio dics are quite nice, especially the ones with high end "Burr-Brown" converters. But they still cant match vinyl played on good equipment. Thats why there is a big surge in artists releasing vinyl !!! Plus it helps support them better. In return for buying the vinyl many offer free downloads of the mp3's.

If you want the best quality for cheap, then buy a used cd off ebay or a local music store that offers used cd's. Then buy a nice soundcard with great converters and ripp the cd's. I just bought 6 new cd's off ebay or $23 shipped. Stuff I couldnt get on vinyl.

As far as copyrights go here is a link to info. Its way more than 25 years. http://www.pdinfo.com/Copyright-Law/Copyright-Law.php

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.15
  • Achievement Points:  129714
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

The quality of bootlegs copies (MP3's,etc..) are pretty bad. I know some will chime in saying "oh they sound good to me", well thats because one, you grew up listening to crappy ripped mp3's so thats how you perceive music. Or two, you have forgotten the sound of quality music played back on vintage or hi end gear. Listen to a commercial Vinyl LP or Reel to Reel on GOOD equipment and you will shit your pants. Compare those to CD's and the fidelity is still better. Yes you may have a few pops and or tape hiss, but so much more pleasing to the ears. Now Super CD's or DVD Audio dics are quite nice, especially the ones with high end "Burr-Brown" converters. But they still cant match vinyl played on good equipment. Thats why there is a big surge in artists releasing vinyl !!! Plus it helps support them better. In return for buying the vinyl many offer free downloads of the mp3's.

If you want the best quality for cheap, then buy a used cd off ebay or a local music store that offers used cd's. Then buy a nice soundcard with great converters and ripp the cd's. I just bought 6 new cd's off ebay or $23 shipped. Stuff I couldnt get on vinyl.

As far as copyrights go here is a link to info. Its way more than 25 years. http://www.pdinfo.co...pyright-Law.php

for my ears 320kbs mp3's are just fine.

but for a no loss in quality compression..... flac is a great. I just can afford the space it takes up. I have 180GB of STOLEN mp3's. That would be like 2 or 3 terabytes of flac music. Where would you back that crap up at? Way way better quality for someone else's ears.. just not mine.

mp3 and flac are the most popular audio formats using torrents.

and my favorite bit torrent client is BitComet.

http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.php

Viper I will send you all my music.. just send me something with 200gb's of space. ;)

went to download but could only fine whole albums ? not just singles .

The quality of bootlegs copies (MP3's,etc..) are pretty bad. I know some will chime in saying "oh they sound good to me", well thats because one, you grew up listening to crappy ripped mp3's so thats how you perceive music. Or two, you have forgotten the sound of quality music played back on vintage or hi end gear. Listen to a commercial Vinyl LP or Reel to Reel on GOOD equipment and you will shit your pants. Compare those to CD's and the fidelity is still better. Yes you may have a few pops and or tape hiss, but so much more pleasing to the ears. Now Super CD's or DVD Audio dics are quite nice, especially the ones with high end "Burr-Brown" converters. But they still cant match vinyl played on good equipment. Thats why there is a big surge in artists releasing vinyl !!! Plus it helps support them better. In return for buying the vinyl many offer free downloads of the mp3's. If you want the best quality for cheap, then buy a used cd off ebay or a local music store that offers used cd's. Then buy a nice soundcard with great converters and ripp the cd's. I just bought 6 new cd's off ebay or $23 shipped. Stuff I couldnt get on vinyl. As far as copyrights go here is a link to info. Its way more than 25 years. http://www.pdinfo.co...pyright-Law.php
for my ears 320kbs mp3's are just fine. but for a no loss in quality compression..... flac is a great. I just can afford the space it takes up. I have 180GB of STOLEN mp3's. That would be like 2 or 3 terabytes of flac music. Where would you back that crap up at? Way way better quality for someone else's ears.. just not mine. mp3 and flac are the most popular audio formats using torrents. and my favorite bit torrent client is BitComet. http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.php Viper I will send you all my music.. just send me something with 200gb's of space. ;)
ya it will get taken at the US / Canada border most likely lol .

If you mean isohunt Viper, yes it is only albums but it allows you to tick whichever tracks you want to download, an artistes singles are usually on one of their albums ie "greatest hits" so you can still usually get the tracks you want, even if you download the whole album you can delete the tracks you don't want when they are on your hard drive but unticking them is easier and quicker.

Edited by Sonovabich

great i over looked that thanks :smoke: .