Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

EMP nades.

blk_plague

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Just remove the car, then the predator, then agm, pretty much anything that can kill an enemy player. Make it so we shoot flowers from our guns and sing kumbaya.

• Member ID:  1095
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

Emp as usual disables the car if it drives into the saturation area during the 15 seconds.

The likelyhood of disabling a car that wasnt chasing you in that 15 sec saturation period would be low I would imagine, especially if the saturation radius is smaller than the initial blaSt.

So I dont see the 15 second saturation in tandem with an instant disable of rc in the blast or saturation radius as unfair.

But that's just me ;)

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979

Just remove the car, then the predator, then agm, pretty much anything that can kill an enemy player. Make it so we shoot flowers from our guns and sing kumbaya.

If we end up shooting flowers I'm harvesting some deadly nightshsde for my magazine.

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

It would only be considered 'fair' when anyone can disable a car without much effort. Have you not seen the EMP nade radius lately? If a car enters a building and u have an emp nade, there is no way it can escape. I get annoyed by cars too, dont get me wrong on this but am I the only one who thinks we are picking on this one KS way too much? I have heard people suggest removing spawning protection after kill streak. I personally hate artillery, it takes up 30 seconds of air time. Not to mention when some calls it 6 times in one round.

Edited by iboomboom

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Kumbaya, my lord, kumbaya.

Much of the emp will require gameplay testing to see how it affects everything. Having an emitter area kill an RC is too powerful but cutting speed in 1/2 works pretty good.

Artillery is being changed a bit. Because it takes a long time instead of 4 barrages of 4 its going to be 3 of 6 with the spread increased slightly. Predators will work if other air support is in progress but only 1 at a time as usual. SAM's are very useful for taking out launchers and all turrets can be activated automatically. No airdrops required unless its from a normal care package.

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

It would only be considered 'fair' when anyone can disable a car without much effort. Have you not seen the EMP nade radius lately? If a car enters a building and u have an emp nade, there is no way it can escape. I get annoyed by cars too, dont get me wrong on this but am I the only one who thinks we are picking on this one KS way too much? I have heard people suggest removing spawning protection after kill streak. I personally hate artillery, it takes up 30 seconds of air time. Not to mention when some calls it 6 times in one round.

yes but we are talking about lowering the range, dont we ?

i think the range now is better than what it was, maybe just a tiny bit too much.

And as i said earlier using 2 special things to be able to avoid cars should give u more than 1 out of 10 chances to avoid that car.

i dont mins dying from a car 9 out of 10 times if u dont use those special things to avoid them.

in all honesty, now that the range is higher, i do not seee anyone whinning about cars. nor whining about their cars to be destroyed. i think its close to perfect as it is.

• Member ID:  2184
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

I got excited when I saw the thread title and thought we were going to talk about great empanadas...then I see it is just plague bitching again. 

Plague, the best solution to your car problem is one of two things:

- Stop dying so easily

- Use jammer so you don't need emp nades.  This has the added benefit of me being able to harass you when you are on the other team.

Thoughts?

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970

I got excited when I saw the thread title and thought we were going to talk about great empanadas...then I see it is just plague bitching again. 

Plague, the best solution to your car problem is one of two things:

- Stop dying so easily

- Use jammer so you don't need emp nades.  This has the added benefit of me being able to harass you when you are on the other team.

Thoughts?

Not giving up my other perks for that one. Your still gunna have to type with those big ole sausage fingers. 

Emp nade should be exactly that, a 1 time shot at disabling a car. If you want long lasting emp area dont call it an emp nade. Make it an emp claymore type thing that randomly pulses to slow the car down and prevent exploding during the pulse. The car is the "Billyblade" of COD 4 freeztag and an integral part of a game that has spawn protection involved as much as it does.

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

How about making the EMP have the same radiation effects as being in an enemy bubble? That way you can run and hide from the car

Or would it be possible to make an EMP nade disable the C4 on the car so it can still be used to defrost team mates?

• Member ID:  2184
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

How about making the EMP have the same radiation effects as being in an enemy bubble? That way you can run and hide from the car

Or would it be possible to make an EMP nade disable the C4 on the car so it can still be used to defrost team mates?

How about we just get rid of the car and replace it with a perk that just lets you go invisible (no shooting) for 15seconds... That would give me everything I need with the car... :whistle:

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

Lol yeah the spawn protection from streaks is probably the most useful perk

How about we just get rid of the car and replace it with a perk that just lets you go invisible (no shooting) for 15seconds... That would give me everything I need with the car... :whistle:

I had a test perk that didnt make you invisible but changed your player skin called 'spy'. In fully hardcore games it worked well but there were a couple limitations that I couldnt overcome that would make it too easy to spot you as a spy if the enemy was looking.

I thought about a jammer type device based on a betty but to me the emp emitter idea is better because it's meant to be short as opposed to a device that can last several minutes. Also more of a tactical weapon to be used by attackers pushing forward.

As for post-streak spawn protection I thought about reducing the timer by 1/2 but decided against it. However considering how people use that for a tactical advantage, and that you can stack three streaks, I might revisit it. If someone has two RC's and a predator stacked how would he use that spawn protection? How would it change things?

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

I AM DA GAMECHANGER AND I HATE WHEN MY CAR IS FUCKED UP BY AN EMP...I DONT GET EM OFTEN ENOUGH EVEN WITH A HARDLINE....DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

and im on topic....so eat it nitro :P!!!!!!!!!

Edited by billyblade

I AM DA GAMECHANGER AND I HATE WHEN MY CAR IS FUCKED UP BY AN EMP...I DONT GET EM OFTEN ENOUGH EVEN WITH A HARDLINE....DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my world. Only time I get them consistently is when shooting bots.

• Member ID:  2206
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1021
  • Birthday:  01/29/1991

Car is very powerfull, and I don't see it being taken out. But being an almost guaranteed kill (at the least it was before EMP changed), a way to defrost the most difficult players, and spawnarmor it seems to be one of the most powerfull killstreaks in the game. At the least the most powerfull when put against the killstreak required. Wouldn't it be an idea to raise it to a higher killstreak? Especially because predator is less functional (either 1 defrost or 1 kill most of the time) and requires a bigger killstreak a switch seems pretty good to me. Or leave it as is, with these emp nades and the jammer you can dodge almost any car in a life.

Edited by Bas

Awards