**New** Check out your player stats on the left hand side of the main page. Search for your player name, use a partial name to find it easier ×
XtremeIdiots
WeednFeed

Went Whistler Hunting Today "2 Rare Ducks"

Went Whistler (Common Golden Eye) hunting today. I shot 2 rare ducks for these parts. One was a Barrows Golden eye the other was we think a cross between  Buffle head and a Common Golden eye. The cross bread has pink feet and brown eyes with the larch white cheeks.

the Barrows Golden eye has the white cheeks up high on the beak and the short beak. The head has a blue purple color 

The Common Golden eyes has a green color on the head and the smaller white cheeks. The brown headed bird is a Female Golden Eye. These birds can fly at 40 MPH and the wings make a whistling noise hence the slang name Whistlers!

Weed

20171112_101158.thumb.jpg.beb87ca8c338d0a0269198b6afa4ca84.jpg

20171112_101256.jpg

Edited by WeednFeed

1 hour ago, Sonovabich said:

If they were rare why did you shoot them?

A very good question!

They look so much alike and at up to 40 MPH no way to tell the difference. They also were travelling in a group, again no way to make a split decision or tell the difference.

They are also on the license as legit.

Finally hunting is not like HOOK and release Fishing, you just can’t SHOOT and release!

Chears

Weed

Edited by WeednFeed

4 hours ago, Lunkster said:

You shot some defenseless animals... What a hero... Sorry, just can't understand why anyone would want to kill an animal just because, kill it to eat it sure but why else?

I respect the fact you have chosen to live your life as a vegan!

Chears

Weed

Used to duck hunt a lot. Work got in the way and and I chose work. Ive shot golden eye along other diver ducks but usually hunted puddle ducks, mallard, teal, wood duck, pintail etc. Now I have mallards at my feeders ans swimming in the creek behind my house. I get to enjoy them without firing a shot.

Awards

Nice shootin', Tex, aka @WeednFeed, aka "Blast 'n Feed (eat, that is)."

I'll have you know, sir, that I happen to be a card-totin' member of P.E.T.A.

People Eatin' Tasty Animals.

Sorry, Sweet @KillerKitty, I don't know how many ducks I've blasted flying the hostile Alaskan skies over the past few decades.

Ayaq