Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Aspyr Mac App Store 32-bit titles unavailable for purchase

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45203
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

FYI:

https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000214186-MacOS-Catalina-64-bit-32-bit-and-related-Questions

Hello Aspyr Gamers: 

We have an important update on macOS this year, which may impact your Aspyr library. As you have likely heard, Apple has announced that it is ending support for 32-bit apps in future operating systems (macOS Catalina and above) starting this fall. While all of our 32-bit games will continue to function on macOS Mojave, we’ve decided to remove these games from sale by the end of the day today (6/17/19). After today, the entire library of Aspyr titles on Mac will be 64-bit or will receive a 64-bit update before September. 

For players who choose not to upgrade to Catalina, your games will continue to work and play just as always! So keep calm and game on. All your purchases on the App Store are linked to your App Store account, and you’ll be able to keep playing as long as you continue to use macOS Mojave. 

For Steam players, if you stay on Mojave, you will be able to access your 32-bit Aspyr titles purchased on Steam. Alternatively, our titles all support SteamPlay, so you’ll be able to continue playing on a PC and/or Linux machine. We will continue to support our 32-bit games on Linux, so if you have any issues please reach out to our support team via support.aspyr.com

Even with this change, it’s important to note that many of the titles we offer today are already 64-bit or will be by September, and will work on Catalina (and beyond) upon its release.

Thank you for understanding why we had to stop selling these games, and if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us via [email protected].

Thank you,

The Aspyr Team

Which Games Are Being Removed?

• Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Call of Duty
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty Black Ops
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  • Civilization IV
  • Civilization IV: Colonization
  • Doom 3
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Fahrenheit
  • Homeworld Remastered Collection
  • Prey
  • Quake 4
  • RAGE
  • Star Wars: Empire at War
  • Star Wars: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Sims 2: Life Stories
  • Sims 2: Pet Stories
  • Sims 2: Castaway Stories
  • Tomb Raider 2

Can I Keep Playing on Mojave?

Yes! If you stay on Mojave, all of these games should continue to play as normal. Keep calm and game on!

Are My Purchases Linked to My Accounts?

Yes! All of your purchases are linked to either your Mac App Store or Steam account.

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992
  • Device:  Windows

Good move in my opinion, supporting legacy is the downfall of many an organisation. I support some 32bit applications still that are used for compression and encryption and hate them - we end up with special 'servers' just to run them in compatibility mode. 

The future is now.

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3345
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45203
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

As much as I'd hoped based on previous information that the COD4 for Mac binary would be one that was being converted over for 64-bit.  I got word back from Aspyr this morning that it is not going to be.

10:09 AM]AspyrBash:

It will not be updated to 64-bit

• Member ID:  26915
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  925
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14911
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

Looks like the folks at Steam removed the Mac Version as well for new purchases. ?

Awards