Janey

cant get cod to play

Posted (edited)

was that onjline or off line mode 

looking for latest video driver,

try default settings  once in game  change to your liking 

oh  have tried  properties of game and verify files  before  starting game  online mode

Edited by KaptCrunch

Yes I check the integrity of the file. And as you can see I can’t even get to the splash screen to change the default settings. It’s simply won’t load. I’ve downloaded it from steam twice and have not added punk Buster, but it comes with a punk buster folder

I had this problem too but it was because i got a new headset and it changed my sound settings or something... Fixed it by enabeling stereo mix. 

Check the link for the steps: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/108442/how-to-fix-the-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-multiplayer-crash-on-startup

Hope it helps. 

In order to make it work...     Take a old  audio port plug, and cut it so it;s just the plug portion.

insert it into the mic jack.  reboot your pc, then run the game.

Also,  I believe that the 1.8 vers is the same as the 1.7, just rebranded.  I might be mistaken on that.

I do recall however, there used to be an issue running COD on windows 8, windows 8.1 and earlier versions of windows 10.

That for some reason wouldn't run unless there was something in the Mic port.

Best advice I can offer..  hope it helps...

XTeKK

Awards

XTeKK , I do believe that all of the XI COD4 servers are 1.7 as our mods (FT and such) won't work with the 1.8 version,  Also 1.8 is just a mod, unsupported by Activision, and not an official patch.  Janey there is a thread that tells how to get it back to ver 1.7, not just sure where it is, but you need to drop back to 1.7.  I would try getting the 1.7 in first before doing anything else.