Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

No doubt about it - I'm an Idiot

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7654
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53674
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Four years ago I planted a willow tree in my back yard and it's done quite well, about 30 feet tall. When the pool guys put a new liner in our inground pool this spring they as much said, "Only an idiot would plant a willow tree 40 feet from a pool because the roots will grow right into it and destroy your pool." Being an Idiot, I had to agree, and decided I'd have the tree taken out this fall.

So I called several services and the best price I got was $300. I told the wife that was ridiculous for a tree that wouldn't take but a hour or two to cut down, and that I'd borrow a chain saw and do it myself. She said, "Only an Idiot would try to cut down a tree at your age."

Being an Idiot, I borrowed the saw and cut the damned tree down. While I was cutting off the last branch, it turned and smacked me upside the head, knocking me down. No damage done, so after I commented on that tree's ancestry, I started piling the branches in one corner of the yard I use for shrubs, leaves, etc. About an hour into this I decided to take a break and reached up to take off my glasses to wipe off the sweat, only to find my glasses weren't there. Apparently, the branch knocked them off and I didn't notice.

I couldn't find them near the tree, so I figured they got caught up in one of the branches. Two hours later, after I had moved all the branches off one pile, and then put them back, I gave up. It was the proverbial needle in a haystack.

So, to save $300, I cut down a tree, busted my ass, hurt my back (which I broke in a car accident and have a herniated disc) and ended up paying $420 for a new pair of glasses.

I AM an Idiot. I sometimes doubt it. But this weekend confirmed - again - that I'm in the right clan.

• Member ID:  25
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2250
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  12874
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/30/1969

I needed a good laugh...glad you're and Idiot too Sgt!!

-Shadow

• Member ID:  102
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1776
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  10986
  • Birthday:  05/06/1969

You Really Are An IDIOT.. Never think you are nothing else but 1.

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  171
  • Topic Count:  1094
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5158
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43607
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

Funny stuff Harry you sound as shit as me at do it yourself,I always get a "man in " now to do my DIY.

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

Funny shit you old man...... You are a true Idiot...

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6536
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63519
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I have one up on you Harry!  I am a backstabbing Idiot!  LMAO!!!

• Member ID:  92
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

Well I have to join the same clan.  Last weekend, our little family went out to buy my 7 month old boy his Christmas presents at Toys R Us (big UK toy store franchise).  After spending 3 hours in there!!!! (note I hate shopping) we did manage to choose some toys (OK fair enough I was playing on the scalextric for 1 of those hours!!!).  Just as we were leaving I saw they were selling Call of Duty - Black Ops for £34.89...  I was tempted to buy it, but with a "PC World" just round the corner, I thought I would be able to get it cheaper.  So off we trot to get COD - BO, but it turns out that they have sold out!!!  (Remember I hate shopping!!!)  Grrrrr..  So while pissed off and still in there I did some impulse buying, and bought the Iphone 4 TomTom Car Kit for £99...  We then went around all the other shops (8 in total) to look for BO, but they were all sold out.  Eventually we went back to Toy R Us and bought the game.  Exhausted we decided to get a McDonalds costing £14, and went home.  Excited but exhausted I put the Call of Duty disc in, but nothing happened.  Maybe my autorun isn't working!!!  So I used the command line to run it.  Still nothing....  I tried it in my wife's laptop, nothing again.   I then looked closely at the underside of the DVD to find that it's blanks and nothing has ever been written to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the end I spent 4.5 hours shopping, spending ages choosing presents for my son, who in years to come will never remember them (or will chew them to death in the meantime), bought an Iphone TomTom car kit, I will rarely use....  have an expensive COD - BO coffee coster, and eventually bought BO from Steam which cost £39.99 and took 4 hours to download.  Even better, I phoned up Toys R Us who are only willing to swap out the COD - BO with a tried and tested DVD, rather than giving me my money back.

Cavey...  What an Idiot.

• Member ID:  467
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1721
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  10631
  • Birthday:  09/11/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

IDIOTS enjoy you stay.

weezer to dang funny...but on the bright side...you did it yourself.

Cavey...I hate shopping to..wife makes me stay at home..I spend to much when i go to.

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33831
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

PnBear

IDIOTS enjoy you stay.

weezer to dang funny...but on the bright side...you did it yourself.

Cavey...I hate shopping to..wife makes me stay at home..I spend to much when i go to.

PnBear please be quite you are giving away one of mans deepest secrets if women find out that we only spend so much in the shops in order for them to say "your not comming because you spend too much". This has been my trick for years and got me out of many a shopping trip Wink

• Member ID:  1130
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

If that was a joke Harry it would be some funny shit, still is but sorry to hear about the glasses.

• Member ID:  143
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2514
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

Don't sell yourself short Sgt.....your an incredible idiot.   Thank God it hit you in the head...can't hurt nothin there.

• Member ID:  1540
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  856
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  4812
  • Birthday:  09/20/1969

LOL Harry at least you have the satisfaction of saying you did it your self Laughing

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Cavey

Well I have to join the same clan.  Last weekend, our little family went out to buy my 7 month old boy his Christmas presents at Toys R Us (big UK toy store franchise).  After spending 3 hours in there!!!! (note I hate shopping) we did manage to choose some toys (OK fair enough I was playing on the scalextric for 1 of those hours!!!).  Just as we were leaving I saw they were selling Call of Duty - Black Ops for £34.89...  I was tempted to buy it, but with a "PC World" just round the corner, I thought I would be able to get it cheaper.  So off we trot to get COD - BO, but it turns out that they have sold out!!!  (Remember I hate shopping!!!)  Grrrrr..  So while pissed off and still in there I did some impulse buying, and bought the Iphone 4 TomTom Car Kit for £99...  We then went around all the other shops (8 in total) to look for BO, but they were all sold out.  Eventually we went back to Toy R Us and bought the game.  Exhausted we decided to get a McDonalds costing £14, and went home.  Excited but exhausted I put the Call of Duty disc in, but nothing happened.  Maybe my autorun isn't working!!!  So I used the command line to run it.  Still nothing....  I tried it in my wife's laptop, nothing again.   I then looked closely at the underside of the DVD to find that it's blanks and nothing has ever been written to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the end I spent 4.5 hours shopping, spending ages choosing presents for my son, who in years to come will never remember them (or will chew them to death in the meantime), bought an Iphone TomTom car kit, I will rarely use....  have an expensive COD - BO coffee coster, and eventually bought BO from Steam which cost £39.99 and took 4 hours to download.  Even better, I phoned up Toys R Us who are only willing to swap out the COD - BO with a tried and tested DVD, rather than giving me my money back.

Cavey...  What an Idiot.

Don't take any shit from Toys R Us.  You have a legal right to a full refund for these defective goods.  Just make it plain that you are rejecting them as not fit for purpose and refer any argumentative moron to the Sale of Goods Act...

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

SgtHarryWeezer - No doubt about it - I'm an Idiot

Four years ago I planted a willow tree in my back yard and it's done quite well, about 30 feet tall. When the pool guys put a new liner in our inground pool this spring they as much said, "Only an idiot would plant a willow tree 40 feet from a pool because the roots will grow right into it and destroy your pool." Being an Idiot, I had to agree, and decided I'd have the tree taken out this fall.

So I called several services and the best price I got was $300. I told the wife that was ridiculous for a tree that wouldn't take but a hour or two to cut down, and that I'd borrow a chain saw and do it myself. She said, "Only an Idiot would try to cut down a tree at your age."

Being an Idiot, I borrowed the saw and cut the damned tree down. While I was cutting off the last branch, it turned and smacked me upside the head, knocking me down. No damage done, so after I commented on that tree's ancestry, I started piling the branches in one corner of the yard I use for shrubs, leaves, etc. About an hour into this I decided to take a break and reached up to take off my glasses to wipe off the sweat, only to find my glasses weren't there. Apparently, the branch knocked them off and I didn't notice.

I couldn't find them near the tree, so I figured they got caught up in one of the branches. Two hours later, after I had moved all the branches off one pile, and then put them back, I gave up. It was the proverbial needle in a haystack.

So, to save $300, I cut down a tree, busted my ass, hurt my back (which I broke in a car accident and have a herniated disc) and ended up paying $420 for a new pair of glasses.

I AM an Idiot. I sometimes doubt it. But this weekend confirmed - again - that I'm in the right clan.

You have confirmed your credentials indeed! Laughing

No one here will mock you because we all do f***in stupid things from time to time.

Only the best have the balls to tell others about their mishaps.

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3488
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22934
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991
  • Device:  Android

Mother nature is fighting back Weezer :P

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  144
  • Topic Count:  517
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17126
  • Content Per Day:  3.25
  • Achievement Points:  148917
  • Days Won:  680
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

yes you are at the right place .you idiot and you will find you glasses in the last place you look

• Member ID:  1022
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  8504
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Achievement Points:  81318
  • Days Won:  397
  • Birthday:  07/19/1962

tsw if he lost his glasses, then he wont be able to see to find them. Look harder Mr Harry. 

Tell me Harry, this wasnt you. it was someone else?? and if it was you, then you are an IDIOT ..lol  Hope your felling better buddy.