Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

A must read

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Will You give this to my Daddy?

As a Company, Southwest Airlines is going to support 'Red Fridays.'
Last week I was in Atlanta , Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed One of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.
Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camos. As they began heading to their gate, everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering.
When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and Cheered for, it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red-blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our Service men and women, a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old ran up to one of the male soldiers. He kneeled down and said 'hi...'

The little girl then asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her...

The young soldier, who didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter's name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter Courtney missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second... Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military-looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it..

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, 'I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you.' He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying 'your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon.'

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet, he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last act of selflessness turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's good to be an American.

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority'. We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers.

Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday - and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers.

If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED.
The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is.....We need your support and your prayers.

Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example.

• GsNJNwuI-UM.gif

• Member ID:  266
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3852
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1964

nice

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6946
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58237
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  600
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  840
  • Birthday:  01/25/1958

Amen! -

I admit I've dropped the ball and often take our troops for granted.  I will again fly my American Flag over my business daily.

Thanks Dean for the inspiration.

Flag&Pledge.jpg

• Member ID:  496
  • Followers:  282
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3249
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22334
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/26/1969

Very nice Dean Smile

• Member ID:  2083
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

Beautiful story!

I come from a family of Military People, My Father (USMC) Korea & the beginning of Vietnam, my oldest brother (US ARMY) served the last few years of Vietnam and went on to college and became Lt. Commander (US NAVY)  retired 18 years ago, he was also either the youngest or 2nd youngest Commissioned Officer in Navel History to recieve his own ship , my oldest sister (US ARMY) a medic during the last year of Vietnam, my other brother (USAF) voted top cop in the UK while serving there at Lakenheath and top recruiter here in the U.S. after coming back home, and me I am just BAH BAH BAH!

After seeing and feeling the effects of war from my father while he lived, I vowed to never enter the military, because sometimes the effects of it, don't end when the fucking war is over!

But I love my God & Country and ALL that it was suppose to stand for! Our government has ruined this country and the princibles it was founded on, I am sure that our real founding fathers are doing fucking backflips in their graves because of the things our government has done and is still doing, things are only going to get much worse and they will not get better, ever! It saddens my heart to see the things that I have seen, just in my lifetime alone. At 48 I am not an oldman by any means, even though I feel old from to many bumpy roads.

To read your story was touching, to say the least, but that little girl will never know what it truly means to be free, not like it was in the late 60's & 70's during my youth and teenage years, or even the times before me and we are losing more and more of our God Given Rights everyday and the people that are suppose to stop this from happening are the exact ones that are doing it to us!

The problem is that so many people say well it doesn't affect me so what do I care, I refer to (We The People) they don't look and they don't listen and they won't care, until its to late for anything or anybody to do anything about it!

I say we fire the MOTHER FUCKING LOT OF THEM and start over before its to late, but thats just me...

I will share the Red Friday with all the people I know and meet, it would be a beautiful site to see our Country truly support our troops and the freedoms they fight for!

sorry didn't mean to harp!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Boomer

Boomer I agree with you 100%> Good to hear there are still red blooded American men that still cares about this country!

• Member ID:  64
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1037
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9649
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

Great story!

Bigmeandean
Boomer

Boomer I agree with you 100%> Good to hear there are still red blooded American men that still cares about this country!

thanks Dean,

I will forever & always truly be: A SON OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION !

I'll remain that way until my blood stops pumping and I return to Mother Earth  Wink 

GO SIOUX!

yeah I think thats where my temper comes from lolz...

• Member ID:  2306
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  280
  • Birthday:  12/18/1982

respect to all soldiers that fight for us and protect our rights....2003 i go with my armyunit to kosovo,it was a hard time for me that show me how hard it can be...support our troops...really good dean.

• Member ID:  971
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3690
  • Birthday:  12/08/1973

Um ok, For some reason I'm just not getting this. please clarify

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

What is there to clarify. Support our troops that keep our country free. That doesn't mean support our government. That don't give a shit about our sorry ass.

I am part of the Sons of the Revolution, too. I had relatives that fought to make this a free country.

My Grandpa did that long march from France to Germany in WWI when over 90% of that unit was killed with mustard gas and such. He was one of the few that lived. No wonder he was a mean SOB. That was some tough ass war back then. Not like it easy now. But it was a little different in them days.

Red Friday sounds like a great idea.

• Member ID:  971
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3690
  • Birthday:  12/08/1973

LOL I was trying to quote on someones comment, It's not a general statement. they removed there post. And yes by looking at my Avatar you can well see that i'm a supporter of the Troops.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18145
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132974
  • Days Won:  264
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

10-4 and Roger that!

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

Very nice story...I saw this a little while back somewhere and I can say I have since been wearing a red shirt every friday.  Sometimes I forgot but for the most, I remember.  I hope they realize that we still care...my nephew came back from 2 tours and u wouldnt believe the soldiers that think they are alone over there, it breaks my heart.  I try and do what i can to show support cause damn those Marine uniforms get me everytime!!   MMMM!!!!  :)  Thanks to all that serve.