Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Computer help

DREAD69

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6420
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  54364
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Dread all i can say is great job nd sorry some take the word as worthless...We all have put in hours on here be it thru xfire ,crossloop,yahoo or website

helping others with cpu problems nd as in myself im very sure it makes u feel good to help others get there shit running tops....One more thing bro KARMA

is a sob..... There will many that wish they could pay u by the millions nd others who wont pay shit...I can say this too im very sure u  help make this clan

what it is....Keep on Keeping on nd the ones u feel screwed u over...well thats less xfires u will get for help :).......THANKS BRO

• Member ID:  628
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  659
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5300
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/19/1986
  • Device:  Android

billyblade

here's another idea. If some of the stuff you do is standard stuff, perhaps a pre payment of a flat fee would ensure good feelings all the way around and protect you from feeling taken advantage of, and preserve the relationship(personal,proffessional or both). I would imagine that some of the stuff you do is routine, so maybe this''ll help.

TY and that is another great idea. I am working out a few things but I think that I will do a flat fee and a discount for XI members. Also XI members that need help 1/4 of there money will go to XI. So say $20 for two hours and the job gets done, XI would make $5. This is just an idea and I am thinking diffrent rates for simple things and such. I am also interested on helping with the addspace and Kemble's idea. TY all and TY loader I did not think I would feel this welcome in XI when I came here. I believe this is a good place to be.

• Member ID:  219
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  492
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2906
  • Birthday:  04/28/1957

DREAD69

How did I ask for money ! ? I am starting to hate the sound of Xfire messages and it is not only from this clan I just wanted advice not to be accused of being a money grubber. I wanted advice and apparently I need to cool down and not sit at my computer for a min.........I'm gonna go smoke some bud ! BRB ! AFK !

Look I build and fix computers and do alot of shit for free for friends, I understand, people that do other things for a living put alot more value on what thay do. If I get tired of spending hours working for nothing all of a sudden I am a prick.

I did have one good thing happen and it happened without asking

I had a friend that was having problems with his network at his business and his IT guy was worthless, I went up on a saterday and fixed things, it only took about 2 hrs.

About a month later I come home to find he paved the bottom section of my driveway...it was in really bad shape and about 30 ft of pavement was friggen great

• Member ID:  390
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Cool stuff going on here and it's all getting worked out the >XI< way makes me be PROUD to be a MEMBER here. I better get your help Dred69 b4 the fee chit starts J/K. I will look you up later for some help on my PC one day. TY for all your work and everyone here for there input :)

Well just made the first $50 dollars on my website last nite for working on an XI members computer. $10 will go to the clan. TY for all the help guys and the ideas.

• Member ID:  390
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

Wow, I want to run my game across my 2 monitors!  That is too cool.  i am glad to see that this is working out for you Dread.

• Member ID:  804
  • Topic Count:  446
  • Content Count:  3600
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  24386
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/25/1960

Just wanted to let you all know that I have hired Dread to help me over clock my gaming rig. Holy F**K this guy knows his shit. Most everything came from the top of his head! (with all that info in there he must be bald) Great person to work with, really sticks with you untill the job is done, and holy shit what a differance it has made in my system. I dont think it will make me much better in the game cause I suck at it but we will just have to see!!!! Not only the increase in FPS but now can play at max settings which is SOOO much nicer on the eyes.

The amount of money it cost for this type of help is trivial compaired to other paid help. Almost like 10% of the cost and he donates a portion to XI. I am really looking forward to working more with you in the future as I plan to upgrade.

DREAD YOU RULE!

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

i"d like to thank DREAD for helping me get into his SNIPER DX 10 server.

THANKS A LOT DREAD & Keep your Special CRYSIS Smoke going You ARE TOO  Cool  I still don't know why it turned into a ZIP file instead of a pak file.But you fixed that Thanks a million man.

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

careful posting any windfalls Dread. Obama-care still needs to be paid for and they are looking for you cuz they  know you are and have been quite charitable........seriusly, hope this system helps you to avoid anymore mixed feelings as far as the clan is concerned. Now about that OCD.........ummmm.............chronic?

billyblade

careful posting any windfalls Dread. Obama-care still needs to be paid for and they are looking for you cuz they  know you are and have been quite charitable........seriusly, hope this system helps you to avoid anymore mixed feelings as far as the clan is concerned. Now about that OCD.........ummmm.............chronic?

YEA lolz !

The day I owe Taxes is the day I actually make some money. That is fine with me.

6:03 AM Here and been up for 2 days. Yesterday morning I slept for 3 hours...........Yea Some CHRONIC will do just nice !

[EDIT SMOKE A BUD OR 3] I think I can sleep now. Tongue out

• Member ID:  64
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1045
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  9715
  • Birthday:  12/09/1969

Heres the deal. I've been building pcs and screwing with hardware,software since 95. Unless your my mom, my wife, my signifigant other or my children you are getting charged. Make them have the donation up front. Say x amount minimum. After looking at the pc estimate what its going to take to get it running correctly. It may be a 5 minute piece of cake(rare)or say it will cost you x amount as you will be spending way to much time fixing the 3 viruses they picked up fron the torrent site they were on. Early on I worked on peoples pc for nothing and it was a great learning tool. After that my time became more valuable to me. It became even more scarce when I started my family. I've been working for a isp the last 10 years. So playing with pc hardware or software is about the last thing I want to do when I get home. Headshooting someone thats a different story if my eyes aren't shot from looking at a monitor all day. Bottom line your time is valuable don't let people take advantage of that. If you have that drive to learn that it seems you do from the post I suggest you get into network engineering, network administration,network security or voip services. Thats where job security and the money is at. If your not in that field already. Just some advice from a computer geek who pays his bills with his geekiness.

• 4 months later...

Hoth

Heres the deal. I've been building pcs and screwing with hardware,software since 95. Unless your my mom, my wife, my signifigant other or my children you are getting charged. Make them have the donation up front. Say x amount minimum. After looking at the pc estimate what its going to take to get it running correctly. It may be a 5 minute piece of cake(rare)or say it will cost you x amount as you will be spending way to much time fixing the 3 viruses they picked up fron the torrent site they were on. Early on I worked on peoples pc for nothing and it was a great learning tool. After that my time became more valuable to me. It became even more scarce when I started my family. I've been working for a isp the last 10 years. So playing with pc hardware or software is about the last thing I want to do when I get home. Headshooting someone thats a different story if my eyes aren't shot from looking at a monitor all day. Bottom line your time is valuable don't let people take advantage of that. If you have that drive to learn that it seems you do from the post I suggest you get into network engineering, network administration,network security or voip services. Thats where job security and the money is at. If your not in that field already. Just some advice from a computer geek who pays his bills with his geekiness.

What should be my first step. I know computers, But I am seft educated and also and IDIOT.