Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Overnight, some script additions MW2

Sammy

• Member ID:  23520
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  748
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7185
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

Hey Sammy, thanks again for all the hard work.

Another query. When you defrost a player with an emp, you gain the points but it doesn't add to your assist count like a regular thaw. Is it supposed to be this way?

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

It should. But assists are not counted per player. It is counted by the number of 'health' points you give. Could be one player. Could be five. That way partial defrost assists add up also. But I will check.

edit: another subject, yes it takes two shots from smaw to take down a heli (or should). In the stock game with the smaw it only takes one because when you spawn you only get one. Not two. So its a matter of balance.

Edited by Sammy

Checked here. Yes you do get cumulative assist scores when the equivalent of one full defrost is completed over however many friendlies it takes.

• Member ID:  22485
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1588
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

Found a small bug with not allowing the kill streak usage when jumping. I tried using a kill streak, and auto-climbed on a ledge (crash map roof above the hardware room), and it caused the kill streak thing (tablet? I don't know what to call it) to stay on the screen and wouldn't let me switch back my weapon until I got killed. Seems to work perfect with cancelling when jumping (though I get shot more often now since I can't jump during that *sadface*).

It changed to the pad on its own after auto climbing was complete?

It changed to the pad on its own after auto climbing was complete?

It stayed that way. The pad came out, autoclimb happened, then it stayed on screen.

I can try and recreate it when I get home tonight.

Edited by alpha(bT)

• Member ID:  2702
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978
  • Device:  Android

I'm sorry, I absolutely hate the EMP stopping you from defrosting at a distance. My main use for EMP is defrosting and protecting myself from RC cars and I get caught in the blast too often (Which is weird, because it won't defrost anyone unless it lands in their breast pocket) and am then unable to defrsot. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

Its quite cool that you could add further uses to the EMP though, maybe it could disable tubes instead though... who felt people were defrosting too much? ;)

It stayed that way. The pad came out, autoclimb happened, then it stayed on screen.

I can try and recreate it when I get home tonight.

Ok thank you. Knowing the exact steps always help.

The current range of the anti-defrost EMP part is likely too far. I will be adding a secondary range setting for it in addition to the main one as an option. Things like this should add another fun ingredient into the mix to introduce more unpredictability but not overwhelm it. In this case, previously nobody actually had to actually worry about not being able to defrost. Now they do. A small possibility of players having to say to themselves "oh shit! what do I do now!"

The fact that you hate it is a bit of a good thing. It shows that it fucks with your style. Nobody likes being fucked with. But it certainly makes things much more interesting.  :happy: 

Certainly seems too far, on Grinder map (the small map with the arched blocks at each quarter and the two houses facing each other) I was getting hit with an EMP every few seconds. It was like evrybody playing was throwing them at me.

Do friendly EMPs stop you from defrosting? Or is it just enemy EMPs?

They do for 10 seconds. That is also a number I am looking at. Any lower than that is probably too little but when it was 30 seconds for your own nade it did seem too long in this mod. For normal TDM 30 is a good number. But getting hit with your own is more likely here since they are used for defrost, often for closeby players as you run by.

To add to the above, one of the worst detriments to a game is being predictable. Spawn->shoot->die->repeat. Freezetag is not *that* bad, which is why it is popular.  But it has been around for a long time now and without the various unknowns added all you are doing is inserting 'defrost' into that mix. Either before or after 'shoot'. I am not including streak weapons since those are just extra goodies, not gameplay between players. Its not just simple style vs style. Its also about potentially disrupting that style in as many ways as possible and letting the other guy choose which one.

Pick a sport. One team is going to come up with an offensive game plan with various options and practice and practice to win. The other team is going to come up with as many ways to disrupt that as possible and not just one way. Many ways. Of course that is why some of them cheat by shooting video of the other team or stealing playbooks. Deflating balls. Screwing with headsets. Or anything else they can get away with.

Checked here. Yes you do get cumulative assist scores when the equivalent of one full defrost is completed over however many friendlies it takes.

Ok so I went in and defrosted only with emps and it added up lol. I guess me and Tager are impatient noobs. Hope I didn't waste to much of your time  :blink:

Hehe. Nope. If someone isnt sure whether or not something is working properly then it is always best to report it so I can check. Sometimes things are fine and its just a matter of patience, as you say. Other times, something might actually be wrong. In this particular case, in the beginning the nade didnt give an assist and needed to add a couple lines of code.

Small update. Checked out report of 3-tube loadouts. That isnt happening. However, scavenger seemed to be giving one if the launcher was empty. This is the method used on MW2 but not others. So I added it to the 'explosives option' for ow2 scavenger that controls things like frags which is disabled by default. As it is here.

I will check out to see if I can include an option for fewer rounds on specifically preset maps. Hopefully I can do it with simple script updates but we shall see what I can do. Yes... I hate the arena map as well and had no problem nuking a couple rounds due to requests to try and shorten the number of rounds needed to finish it instead of, potentially, the entire 9 rounds. :devil:

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

@@Sammy

The Betty going off after you kill someone is really, really UNFAIR. You kill the person, they become a bubble and their betty still stays for X number of seconds (2-3?) and can still get you. What are your thoughts on that?

Well I know in real warfare, as soon as a soldier gets shot any clymores he has set magically vanish!

They should stay until respawn IMHO.

Hmmm. There are two settings. Remove on death and remove on spawn (persist through death). Not sure which one the betty/clamore uses but I dont know which one the server has always used anyways.

edit: Both are currently set to death on spawn. Since I never changed this setting afaik I assume its supposed to be this way. Which in fact is the default. However if the admins tell me differently I will change it.

Edited by Sammy

Something else I thought of, although I'm sure it will get no sympathy lol. It isn't terribly often someone gets a nuke, and I believe the countdown is 10s? However, half the time before the nuke lands, the remaining enemy all nade themselves and the nuke doesn't land. It would be better if the countdown was lower so that this couldn't happen, although I am guessing it is higher so that there is a chance the enemy can kill all the players on the "nuke team" and win the round before it lands, which has happened a few times. Just a thought...

It isnt low primarily because it ends the round, unlike normal TDM. Make it much lower and it would encourage even more spawn camping.

The part about enemies nading themselves, that also has always been around with the idea of keeping the enemy from scoring off of you. Could be any explosive weapon. Maybe someone cornered in a building by five enemies. In the normal Last Stand option some kill themselves early to avoid humiliation kills by stun grenades. Yes knowing a nuke is coming the enemy might also rise as one and scream banzai hoping to get you first. Especially if they are down 4-1. Lowering 10 seconds to 5 or something isnt a good idea either. It would essentially make that banzai charge pointless and remove the fun. They also wouldnt be able to marty themselves by running towards you with a nade hoping to get you before the nuke hits. So there really isnt much I could do about it other than make suicide impossible somehow. Which invites a bunch of other problems. But even then it wouldnt stop them from going to spectate until the next round either.

Kinda funny tho if the whole enemy team eats their nades out of spite. If the sever had the 'negative score' option I'm sure I could make it so eating a nade while a nuke is inbound worth negative 500 points. :lol:

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

I believe what Sharpe is saying that if you're the last one and you call a NUKE, but the enemy team kills you then they win and your full TAC nuke gets wasted.

Well, about the betty you said, remove on death or remove on spawn, but then you said its death on spawn. Sorry, I don't get it, do you mean its remove on death?

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5088
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44663
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

What's the sense of having EMP nades and Counter measures if they don't Permanently disable the stupid RC cars? Everyone runs Hardwired.So Every RC car is just Slightly slowed down for 3-4 seconds? and they are damn near impossible to shoot if there moving at any speed even if slowed down.

I usually end up blowing myself and the RC up with a RPG or SMAW so they don't get the damn kill.

Still think there's something fucked up with ALL of the Hit Boxes on moving targets.Only way to tell though would be to run something like an Aim Bot so you can actually SEE the hit boxes and what they are doing.They show and track hit box's.Not sure exactly how they work but I think it would show that something is still fucked up.

Ask iBoomBoom if he'll lend you his aim bot :rofl: jk iBoomBeech don't have a cow.

Played on ESC freezetag server yesterday and I was amazed that when I shot at people they actually died instead of putting 2 clips into a person and hit nothing.

Maybe it's OS related? I had Win 7 and upgraded to Win 8 then to 8.1 then to Win 10.Haven't done a clean install on this machine in a few years.

Edited by J3st3rXI

Well, there needs to be protection against EMP nades of some kind for those that want it. If they choose hardwired to protect against emp or cars then they dont get stealth to protect them against mines or any of the AI weapons like sentryguns and helicopters. I am sure people that call those in are unhappy with enemies running around with stealth.

I have been going through the countermeasures mine to make sure everything is set correctly and will check out the car.

I believe what Sharpe is saying that if you're the last one and you call a NUKE, but the enemy team kills you then they win and your full TAC nuke gets wasted.

Well, about the betty you said, remove on death or remove on spawn, but then you said its death on spawn. Sorry, I don't get it, do you mean its remove on death?

Yes thats what was meant by 'banzai'. The enemy is doomed unless they can find and kill you first. Otherwise whats the point. Might as well just stand there and smoke your last cigarette until you are extra crispy. :nuke:

Currently, mines are removed once you 'spawn' after death and seeing the ragdoll etc. Meaning after you are spawn frozen.

ok, some uploads. This time, so far, people are not getting frozen again.

First thing you will notice is on match begin. After the match timer ends you will see a short hud element telling how many rounds you need to win. This is for the future and maps that do not follow the standard requirement of 5 rounds to win. So if a specific and unique map only requires 3 rounds (out of 5) it will tell you.

EMP nade anti-defrost should now only be 1/2 the range of the normal EMP blast. 150 units. But a good throw is still going to get you.

The Counter Measures mine.

It should always disable the car, hardwired or not. EMP nades are unchanged.

Sees players with 'stealth' (being counter measures). If you trip the mine stealth will be disabled for 60 seconds.

'Recharge' time is 10 seconds, down from 30.  However as before it will only work twice before being removed unless first picked up and placed in another location.

Various bug fixes.

Hey @@Sammy I've been using care packages (with hardline) a lot recently. Was wondering if the size of the icon (and opacity) that shows what's in the package could be increased? I play on a 22" monitor at 1920x1080 and sometimes it's really hard to tell what package I got when trying to decide if I want to reroll.