Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

ROTU questions

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Hi guys and gals.

Been doing a *LOT* of work on rotu. So comments on how this will work.

Many things will be completely changed such as how classes and abilities work. Each class will still have some extra enhancements the others dont. Medic has the health packs. Armored will get an additional +15 when using LMGs. Stuff like that. But the shop will include many perks you can buy that will last for that wave regardless of class. Each class will have three preset defaults you never have to buy.

When the wave is over you only have the three default class perks. The others are removed. They will be cheap enough so you can buy multiple additional perks every wave depending on how many points you have. Pick the ones most appropriate for the zombies you are fighting. Crawlers you would be wise to get immunity and a tacmask first instead of something else. The big guy, load up on as much offensive firepower as you can get.

Weapons will use the mystery box only. No weapons progression. That way it opens up every weapon and attachment instead of only the 10 you would normally get. 2000 points each roll. And yes adjusting things so the auto weapons actually work and you dont need the noob DE. Just dont expect one shot one kill against hell zombies unless you get them in the head. One exception is sniper rifles. The bolt ones have always had pretty high power. I will be taking off sway from those to make them easier to handle.

Not sure how yet but explosives are going to change into something more understandable and manageable. Right now its a little bit of a mess. But they will be better. Carrying 5 claymores, 5 packs of c4, and tnt all at the same time is silly. Not to mention the additional explosives already on the ground.

One thing I am considering. If you are attacked and go down in addition to last stand you are also automatically infected. Normally, that would just mean nobody will come to revive you and just wait to shoot you. But to counter that, your zombie health will be %150 of a normal hell zombie. So they can either revive you now or fight you later. Or if the usual hell zombie you just dont have an icon. So the one player at the end, with 6 others down, will have a chance that others will come back without risking being snacked on while trying to help. Its the balance to making it easier for players to get out of last stand and so they dont just sit there for 10+ minutes.

I DO want people to play this so that all the work is worth it. So I am as always interested in fun vs balance and ideas. Want it fun but dont want it a cake walk or impossible. If there is no reasonable possibility that you will lose it isnt much fun.

• Member ID:  11435
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  185
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/14/1998

When will this update be put on the server? I was playing today and none of these updates have happened. Would it be possible to add new weapons into the game? Once you play zombies enough it can get rather repetitive. 

No its not. Still in early alpha and the first stability test online will be invite because many things wont work properly yet and likely bugs. Which is why I asked the questions to get some feedback before I get too deep into certain parts of the scripts and have to rewrite them. Doing one thing leads to another so best to know earlier. But if interested when its online let me know.

As for new weapons you mean models? Depends on what I can do and what I can fit. Or do you mean actually more variety of regardless of models? Likely any new ones would replace existing custom ones to keep assets manageable. Maybe a couple more depending on how it goes. And IMO freezetag is totally repetitive but loads of people play it anyways because its fun. So one of the question is, in the realm of this mod, what can be done that is fun and appropriate. Its not TDM. Maybe turn off the UAV. That should ramp things up a bit when you dont know whats coming or from where. :lol:

• Member ID:  11435
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  185
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/14/1998

I love the rotu server, but others have many different type of rifles. Like the modern warefare ftag server weapons. Just an idea, I am not a modder was just wondering if we could put new guns into it. Like the acr or the aug.

The aug is actually already there but due to bugs its not really available. But going to replace it with something else anyways. Depends on what I can get my hands on.

And dont ever... ever... mention acr in my presence. :lol:

• Member ID:  22372
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6173
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

could you remove the  prestige  levels from the  cannons or anything else   its at level 5 know   most people  who join dont have the time anymore like me to  level upp  in rotu   i like to play from time to time but   this really gives u  a disadvantage know.  and prevents me from playing rotu on our own server. 

Im not exactly sure how you prestige. Just never had time to look. In testing I am not at even level 20 for any of the classes. But even then its playing a lot so yea prestige 5 is pretty far off. Is it a combination of points among all the classes? Something else?  I would prefer to keep some kind of rankup. Otherwise the skillpoints are meaningless.  But if these days people see that as a deterrent then other options can be explored. I do want to see people play it. I didnt do rankups for ow2 and everybody seemed fine with it. The way its developing there will be many more things to spend your money on so maybe there will be fewer sentries around anyways.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11877
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106457
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I'm not a fan of the prestige either, can you allow the mod to rank up to like rank 500 or something like that, where you can get things unlocked at rank 25, 50, 100 etc. 

Pretty sure 55 is the max the game will allow. At least not without modifying some tables. I will have to look and see if it would actually work. Instead of rank 500 up from 55 could simply divide all points and costs by 10. I know people like to see big numbers even tho its all made up.  :lol: 

i think u misuderstood me  i just want you to remove the level caps of the cannons and other weapons    in order to win a whole game u need those things   

Edited by Dessy

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11877
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106457
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I like seeing big numbers [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5096
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44711
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

I like seeing big numbers [emoji1]

Me to Me to.

Zombie mods are supposed to be a FUN mod. All weapons are supposed to be severely OP that's kinda the point of playing a Zombie Mod isn't it? Otherwise it's just another boring TDM server.

Prestige modes need to be left alone. What's the point of killing the same zombies for hours on end with nothing to show for it. It would get extremely boring really quick if you could not prestige up. Everyone would be maxed out @ lvl 55 within a couple maps. Atleast the Prestige allows you to unlock some usable stuff along with the cool looking badges.

I would really like to see more unlock-able stuff via prestige.

Edited by J3st3rXI

The way to keep it from 55 is to make the scores %10 of what they are. But if you like the big numbers then its a catch 22. Choices will have to be made. Keep prestige or lower scores. Or not display your actual score on the scoreboard and simply lie to everyone. But then whats the point. :lol: 

The main problem with 500 ranks are the points that need to be stored. They would be over the max allowed. So someone thought up 'prestige'. Stored max ranking numbers would work the same but it would say your progress is farther than a certain point. But for gameplay whether you need prestige 2 or rank 110 (55 * 2)  it makes no difference. Maybe a better way to describe it because 'prestige' sound pretty boring.  The other thing that comes to mind is not prestige but rank 55 on a particular class. You can only get the raygun by ranking specops. You get the sentrygun only by ranking up the engineer to 55 and so on. Depends on how the numbers would work out. If you want a particular special first, a sentry before a tesla, then you can concentrate on that class first. Same goes for shop specialties.

If the game gets to a point where its impossible to win a wave without sentryguns then things are unbalanced. You should be able to do it without them depending on skill. Also depending on the map. The ones with zero room to maneuver are a definite problem in that regard. So both personal weapons and options for personal defenses will be beefed up considerably depending on what you choose. You will for example be able to purchase lightweight for that wave so it will make it easier to outrun them. Ive been playing around with a no-sway barrett on decent sized maps that does triple damage when scoped in, overkill but just to see how it works,  and its pretty good. There are added drawbacks and its not very good at close range. So as always a shorter range weapon is needed.

Oh, and if people want, think up things that are better than the usual military rankings maybe. 'Fresh Meat I' instead of private. The higher you go the more skillfull the names.