Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

mw2 146b9 map rotation

dadda2

• Member ID:  21093
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  742
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1971
  • Device:  Windows

Install b3 it has a add on to vote on maps - like or dislike :)  simple admin program wrote in python and easy to manage 

pretty sure you guys have it that’s where the FU commands came from. The open banter add on 

• Member ID:  26915
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  921
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  14874
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/14/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

12 hours ago, ANGU5 said:

What are we going to be, Sheep???

I'm kind of fond of Sheep.

Awards

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Well I suppose to address the minor elephant in the room, maybe after years its time to ditch all rotations and start from scratch. Also change how they are made to remove all duplicates. That might limit it to 10 rotations but also means you wont see the same weekly map again for 10 weeks. However I know thats another one that will make some people unhappy. Yup cant please everybody.

There is also nothing wrong with big maps at all. Its good for variety. Everybody and their tastes get a say. But best to keep them shorter.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

1 or 2 big maps per rotation is fine but when you have 3-4 and the server is set to randomly load maps the big maps often load in Multiple times and a full rotation can not run the whole way through if it's set on Random. 

9 hours ago, S@lty said:

Install b3 it has a add on to vote on maps - like or dislike :)  simple admin program wrote in python and easy to manage 

pretty sure you guys have it that’s where the FU commands came from. The open banter add on 

The server host (NFOSERVERS) severely limits our ability to even admin the servers let alone run any plugins.  We used to have B3 Bot but this SHIT HOST! does not allow us to do much.   I had rented 2 boxes off of them in the past and lets just say my experience with them was not a pleasant one.   

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Cant say I have experience with B3 but I kinda remember that is supposedly had performance impacts with cod servers. Maybe I am wrong about that.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

5 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Cant say I have experience with B3 but I kinda remember that is supposedly had performance impacts with cod servers. Maybe I am wrong about that.

It used a bit more bandwidth to stream the services but a "good host" would not have any issues with it.

NFOServers is known for overloading there cheap ass routers to the point of them overheating. Especially there New York City Data Center.  Which is the same host that I rented from years ago.

Actually if the box was moved from New Yorks 40G INAP data center to Chicagos 110G Premium data center (Same Price per box BTW) the problem would go away. But then our Aussies would have completely unplayable high pings and everyone over the pond would have +30-40ms pings.  We need our oi oi's lol.

Anyone remember what happens when you overload a router?  I went through 5 or 6 of those blue Linksys/Cisco 4-6 port routers back in the day before I saved up and bought the "expensive" D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming Router for almost $200 at Circuit City.  I would still be using that router but it doesn't play nice with these newer Comcast cable modems. 

Depends on how many plugins you install with b3 , keeping it simple is a good thing but i never found it to affect any of my servers. I kept the active plugins low for that reason, and yeah NFO  meh ,  but yeah you would need access to the sql database to properly install, sounds like you have a good handle on things jester. 

Sammy is the load based map configuration still intact , 

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/28/2018 at 8:50 AM, dadda2 said:

map mp_bog map mp_carentan map mp_mirage_b3 map mp_overgrown map mp_rebel_b1 map mp_sab map mp_skidrow map mp_tobruk_4 map mp_wallendar_4 map mp_xi_jordan4 map mp_4nuketown map mp_4t4scrap_s map mp_backlot map mp_brokenroad map mp_countdown map mp_dawnville_rota1 map mp_dedust map mp_fallout map mp_fregata map mp_hk2 map mp_isla_beta1 map mp_kabul_moh

Out of that lot I'd suggest making rebel_b1 first to 3, probably dropping xi_jordan if its the one with the random spawns and weird noise that everyone hates, although not every version has the weird noise which is the biggest killer. Its actually not a bad map, perhaps the version without the noise could be used and the spawns fixed? Apart from that its pretty decent rotation in my view. I understand everyone has their maps they dislike, some more than others, but taking an objective view those are the largest issues I can see with this rotation.

• Member ID:  2995
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  690
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  4428
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Achievement Points:  48513
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  02/13/1966

@Sharpe, I believe xi_jordan4 IS the version that corrected the random spawns, but now has the airplane noise continuously during the map.

4 hours ago, WldPenguin said:

@Sharpe, I believe xi_jordan4 IS the version that corrected the random spawns, but now has the airplane noise continuously during the map.

Random spawns are easier to fix than map noise you run the risk of corrupting the map file by trying to remove the fx , it was called cleaning the map iwd files - google it you will need winrar to bust down the map files. 

You just need a sucker to volunteer the countless hours of redundancy to learn using the visual mover built into the mod :) to fix spawns