Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Changes to the mw2 server

P!nk

• Member ID:  4101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1123
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8728
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1962
  • Device:  Windows

maybe  :)

• Member ID:  367
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964

On 4/20/2019 at 7:27 PM, Raven said:

I would FAR prefer Sammie's valuable time development time was spent in preventing "legal" hacks used by some sad fuckers (and we all know who you people are) on the >XI< MW2 server. For example seeing through foliage, reducing max packets so you cannot be hit by a bullet, fixing an FPS for everybody on the server at one level, anti stick commands typed into console during a game play for all to see, disabling binds for anything outer than text insults to one another, reducing the hit box, etc ,etc ,etc..

In summary leveling the playing field for EVERYBODY who plays... IF that cannot be achieved then publish the known "legal" hacks for ALL to use

The most interesting one I have see recently was the player who started to lag as soon as I started to shoot at them! Now that must have taken some work!

I think these things have cost >XI< many more players than messing with an already EXCELLENT Mod.. Thank you very much for that Sammy..

If it isn't broke why fix it?

Close to perfect answer

• Member ID:  367
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964

On 4/21/2019 at 10:25 AM, Icequeen said:

You actually said something that made sense for once. ?

First time 

• Member ID:  23520
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  737
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7105
  • Days Won:  1

There is a lot of talk about console tweaks and turning on punkbuster to "catch" people. I've never actually seen an allowed or disallowed list and what everyone seems to find acceptable seems to vary. Most of the regular commands that people use most servers don't actually kick for :

cg_fov 80 
cl_maxpackets 100
com_maxfps 125-333

I have seen and talked to admins using these commands so one assumes that there would be no issue with these. When we had punkbuster running on the server, these weren't an issue. If I remember correctly, punkbuster did however kick for any r_lodscalerigid (foilage) value above 2. Once punkbuster was removed, I pointed out to the admins that this could now be exploited. The current fix without punkbuster is to reset the value to 1 when you die which can unfortunately still be exploited. This could be adjusted to 2/3/4 to prevent this, but in reality I doubt there are many people exploiting this. If someone was setting it to 4 and you were playing on a map with a lot of trees, it would be very obvious. It would be reasonably easy to catch someone doing this. 

Something to bear in mind that may even give a larger advantage than exploiting lodscalerigid would be your monitor. Monitor technology has come a long way in the last few years so if you are playing against someone that has even an entry level gaming monitor and you are playing on something outdated, you are probably going to be at a large disadvantage. From my own experience upgrading my monitor last summer made seeing things at distance far easier, so keep that in mind.  

As far as lag goes, sure you get the odd person that is jumping around, but if you look at their ping it will usually be unsteady. Far more important than a really low ping is how stable it is. If you have a reasonable ping but it is jumping between 40 and 50 constantly you will experience a lot of lag. This is called jitter.

It is also worth checking your own fps. The command for this is /cg_drawfps 1. You really want to be getting > 125 (the default being 85 which is criminal, I think insurgency default is 300?). I've helped quite a few people over the years that were down under 80. Even with a new computer and card issues can cause this to happen, so its worth looking at. If anyone needs help with this let me know, but time to run for now.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

19 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

There is a lot of talk about console tweaks and turning on punkbuster to "catch" people. I've never actually seen an allowed or disallowed list and what everyone seems to find acceptable seems to vary. Most of the regular commands that people use most servers don't actually kick for :

cg_fov 80 
cl_maxpackets 100
com_maxfps 125-333

I have seen and talked to admins using these commands so one assumes that there would be no issue with these. When we had punkbuster running on the server, these weren't an issue. If I remember correctly, punkbuster did however kick for any r_lodscalerigid (foilage) value above 2. Once punkbuster was removed, I pointed out to the admins that this could now be exploited. The current fix without punkbuster is to reset the value to 1 when you die which can unfortunately still be exploited. This could be adjusted to 2/3/4 to prevent this, but in reality I doubt there are many people exploiting this. If someone was setting it to 4 and you were playing on a map with a lot of trees, it would be very obvious. It would be reasonably easy to catch someone doing this. 

Something to bear in mind that may even give a larger advantage than exploiting lodscalerigid would be your monitor. Monitor technology has come a long way in the last few years so if you are playing against someone that has even an entry level gaming monitor and you are playing on something outdated, you are probably going to be at a large disadvantage. From my own experience upgrading my monitor last summer made seeing things at distance far easier, so keep that in mind.  

As far as lag goes, sure you get the odd person that is jumping around, but if you look at their ping it will usually be unsteady. Far more important than a really low ping is how stable it is. If you have a reasonable ping but it is jumping between 40 and 50 constantly you will experience a lot of lag. This is called jitter.

It is also worth checking your own fps. The command for this is /cg_drawfps 1. You really want to be getting > 125 (the default being 85 which is criminal, I think insurgency default is 300?). I've helped quite a few people over the years that were down under 80. Even with a new computer and card issues can cause this to happen, so its worth looking at. If anyone needs help with this let me know, but time to run for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOTDmiC_3b0