Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

5/17/12 Newest Mw2 Beta Is Up And Running Please Test And Leave Feedback

• Member ID:  1443
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987
  • Device:  Windows

anyone seen a health pack drop? ive yet to see one.

• Member ID:  459
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416
  • Days Won:  0

today after i called in the RC car.....i've lost my nades and tactical nades....

the icon wasn't there anymore on the screen. i've noticed that (i'm using 3 nades) if i trow one nade and than call the rc in, i will have my nades back when i respawn after the car blows up.

happend 2 times before, but didn't really think it was such a big deal but maybe it's fixable.

grtz

Just want to post that the problem with the RC and losing nades happens if you activate it before the nade delay finishes after spawn. Which it looks to be 8 seconds for the beta server. Until then you dont actually have the nades yet so there is no ammo or weapon to save. So for now dont do it until the delay is over. Some streak weapons were missing from the delay checks and they will be added to the list so all streaks that can cause death are delayed. UAV etc can still be used immediately.

ok, have to read more above my posts. sry! :D

When the aug snipes better than the swaying sniper rifles, something should be changed. The sway from the snipers should be removed or something changed on the aug. When a weapon is that unbeatable form near and far, why is there a reason to have any other weapons on the server?

Good point. True that many weapons are totally useless.

i can shoot people from accros the map with the MK14, but sniper rifles like the 50.cal cant even shoot people from 30 feet away. for me it's good but think it's frustrating for the snipers with us!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

no google its not u can only spec the players on the team it assigns u to

• Member ID:  2567
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

When the aug snipes better than the swaying sniper rifles, something should be changed. The sway from the snipers should be removed or something changed on the aug. When a weapon is that unbeatable form near and far, why is there a reason to have any other weapons on the server?

Good point. True that many weapons are totally useless.

i can shoot people from accros the map with the MK14, but sniper rifles like the 50.cal cant even shoot people from 30 feet away. for me it's good but think it's frustrating for the snipers with us!

Yeah it's a kind of frustrating for snipers, i want use it but i know the guy with a simple gun gonna kill me from 150 yards before I snip him :2guns:

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Mk14 has the same weapon stats as the stock one it replaced, which was a nice weapon to begin with. Only the model, animations, etc have changed. .50 is stock... by popular demand. Looks like health packs are not enabled on the server.

just playin on this server and there bout 12 to 13 a team i would say bout 70 percent of the people complainin they are not likin this new mod...alot of it is cause u cant shoot the car anymore to give ur self a chance to survive it chasin u...almost everyone was complainin bout the car jammer..and they way some people cant kill others just fyi...and the fact that we play same side twice in a row as well..of course this part i have experienced myself it just wont let u hit no one close range with dead aim straight in front of u..this has yet got a response to this issue..seems like the most people that are likn this mod is the overseas people with high pings just my observation

Edited by CobraBites

Car jammer? I had test of one with Eavesdrop when I was looking at a potential jammer perk but thought I removed it before it got put on the server. Is the car freezing with a message about being jammed?

Car jammer? I had test of one with Eavesdrop when I was looking at a potential jammer perk but thought I removed it before it got put on the server. Is the car freezing with a message about being jammed?

yes the car freezes in place and will not explode.....it says it is being jammed. it has to be part of a perk, because it only happens when you are near someone, but not everyone.

• Member ID:  1032
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4179
  • Birthday:  10/08/1984

cobra thats just you. the pings dont make that big a difference. just ppl complainin bout it because it was an issue long long time ago b4 equalisers. evry1 with a high ping would prefer low ping. trust me. the shootin close range with sight, is it an acog sight which makes gun less accurate? hit reg far better on this mod. smgs r viable choice. chicago was always an unfinished mod. this is far far better. aug still best gun but others good at range and HC mod means good power. all the guns work. snipers still could be better. maybe add sway to aug but then evry1 would complain their fav gun got worse.

yes the car freezes in place and will not explode.....it says it is being jammed. it has to be part of a perk, because it only happens when you are near someone, but not everyone.

Oooops. :fool:

Yes its part of Eavesdrop. Thought I disabled it. Personally I think its a funny addition. The driver thinks hes just about the get an easy kill and then.... wth! I am sure those with the perk love it when that happens and those in the RC hate it. But such is life.

cobra shoots with a bent barrel B) ....aim alittle to the left cobra

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

So I assume you are changing that so eavesdrop doesn't affect the RC car Sammy? Not really fair considering you need to get a 3 killstreak to get the RC but can just pick eavesdrop in the setup and you are good to go with full protection from a car?

One other issue I've noticed and had mentioned this earlier but their are a couple of killstreaks that are worthless. Could they possibly be replaced with any other options? In my opinion, the SAM missle, the B2 and the 11 streak nuke are all worthless. I have yet to see the SAM do anything at all, the B2 looks cool but doesn't kill anyone at all and I've had the 11 kill nuke three times now and haven't received a single kill and my team has lost two of those rounds. Are there any other killstreak perks that we could consider replacing these with???

I know that there are a few issues here and there and everyone has their likes and dislikes but you have truly done a great job on this mod Sammy...I don't know that we thank you enough for working on this. THANKS!!!

Flushy

wat bout bein able to shoot car kinda not fair not atleast having a chance to protect urself from it..and no jah it aint me im not the only one complainin bout we had almost a full server and over half the people on it was complainin bout the same thing....well it is bout the ping too cause people over 100 ping do have the advantage over lower ping players as well dont understand how but they do...u have to remember see from lower ping players perspective and u wouldnt say that seems how ur round 150 ping player urself just saying...this was never i mean never an issue with mw2 V.2 mod but it is on both these newer ones

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

wat bout bein able to shoot car kinda not fair not atleast having a chance to protect urself from it..and no jah it aint me im not the only one complainin bout we had almost a full server and over half the people on it was complainin bout the same thing....well it is bout the ping too cause people over 100 ping do have the advantage over lower ping players as well dont understand how but they do...u have to remember see from lower ping players perspective and u wouldnt say that seems how ur round 150 ping player urself just saying...this was never i mean never an issue with mw2 V.2 mod but it is on both these newer ones

Half of the server was complaining? Really? :question:

Agree there was absolutly no issue with the first mw2.v2 but now on the last new release, i feel exactly the same : I shot, I kill (close combat or from far away). Maybe it's weird for you to see people over 150 to kill you easily but probably the comfort you had on the chicago server is gone now, it's more equilibrate and maybe it's hard to accept ahah

Please mate, don't say people over ping 150 have advantage, I hope it will but It will be never true lol

Edited by Exe

Yes disabling the jammer thing. I still like the idea but it might be better suited to a portable jammer.

Airstrike accuracy in general should be improved. Seems to do a better job of picking open paths. As for SAM, it will be able to shoot down everything except the airstrike and B2. The airstrike simply because its so fast. The B2 because its stealth. It can also shoot a missile that arcs over to kill the artillery launcher. Ran tests using the car today to make sure some changed respawn code was working and had no problem killing it. So lets see how it goes with the next update which I will get to Rugger soon as its ready for testing.

• Member ID:  2184
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

Is it possible to turn off autobalance when the score is in Overtime (4-4)? I was playing yesterday and about 10 seconds into OT I was autobalanced (dead). The primary reason this is a problem is that folks on the other team started disconnecting when they died at the beginning of the 9th round.

Although, I guess it is an easy way to kill off some of the other team if you are losing and already dead... :)

Edited by moonpie

yesterday me and Deckard tried to find out what perk it is. its annoying...ok that it jamms but i cant even get it to explode.

playing on the same side twice in a row aint not such a big problem for myself. it just depends on what map and what side you spawn on. some sides are better than the other but yeah thats just how the map is. example is Gold island.

my ping is around a 100 on this beta server. very good for a US server since i'm in EU. think all the weapons have to be fixed somehow or at least checked at. i will start playing more with defferent ones but like the p90 is only good for me on the long range but short range it sucks. don't know why, it's not logic.

will post more issues (if they are) about the different weapons soon.

cheers

The stock P90 has always been a little off in terms of balance. Too good at long range etc. Probably the first weapon that 'realism' mods change. However if weapon tweaks like that are desired then the server can experiment with the appropriate config changes for weapon range and damage. The default weapon settings in the mod itself are pretty much where we want them to be.

For the jammer.... yes that was the point. You have no control over the car and it does not receive commands from you including the trigger. As soon as the player with the jammer moves out of range then things return to normal.

• Member ID:  1155
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1796
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/16/1976

I second moonpie's comment about autobalance in overtime.

Can you imagine a hard fought game you came from behind and went to overtime and got switched last minute in overtime to the losing team because the other team got froze and left the game early?

I do not like autobalancing during the round. The team should be punished if they can't get someone to stay until the round is over.

It never seemed like that big of a problem. It was neat being able to ward the other team off 3 players down.

What it is doing is changing the entire texture of the teams too much. When your team changes so dramatically during the game you don't feel as connected to staying with them for the duration of the game.

I second moonpie's comment about autobalance in overtime.

Can you imagine a hard fought game you came from behind and went to overtime and got switched last minute in overtime to the losing team because the other team got froze and left the game early?

I do not like autobalancing during the round. The team should be punished if they can't get someone to stay until the round is over.

It never seemed like that big of a problem. It was neat being able to ward the other team off 3 players down.

What it is doing is changing the entire texture of the teams too much. When your team changes so dramatically during the game you don't feel as connected to staying with them for the duration of the game.

totally agree. autobalance in overtime is bad.

definitely not liking the autobalance in the middle of a round either. got switched 3 times in one round a few days ago. i was a traitor to both teams :crazy:

definitely not liking the autobalance in the middle of a round either. got switched 3 times in one round a few days ago. i was a traitor to both teams :crazy:

Well I cant speak to that.... :hrhr:

But to change it all that needs to be done is change one setting in the server config files. So whoever has access to them can do it at any time.

• Member ID:  3194
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  9344
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/23/1975

one small problem! is it normal that on this server even if you are the first one to be redirected to the chicago server?

one small problem! is it normal that on this server even if you are the first one to be redirected to the chicago server?

yes it is. happend to me twice already. don't really know how it is being chosen. random/ping/score/time on the server/....