Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Canadian Health Care

little_old_man

• Member ID:  1444
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

My cousin Pierre LeQuois in Montreal has been waiting 18 years for his penis enlargement surgery.  

No need for surgery, tell him to take a page from Austin Powers

Edited by Cimon

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

Hey LOM u can come to Canada and get that penis enlargement that your wife has so desperately been asking for, and maybe get those testacals re-attatched. Booo-ah

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Hey LOM u can come to Canada and get that penis enlargement that your wife has so desperately been asking for, and maybe get those testacals re-attatched. Booo-ah

I thought about it Logan, but the doctors there said they had never seen a Canadian with more that 4 inches, and they didn't have any experience doing surgery on something that was already longer than 8 inches.  :shock:  

The hot nurses sure were friendly up there. I guess they don't normally see that much meat unless they're in a butcher shop.

• Member ID:  3635
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1766
  • Birthday:  01/19/1978
  • Device:  Windows

As someone who's grown up in the Canadian health care system, (born with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus) and had NUMEROUS 35 and counting after this last go round surgeries. If I lived in the US my family would be bankrupt. 1 surgery for me = 100K including hospital stay. Needless to say I love my universal health care.

• Member ID:  3635
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1766
  • Birthday:  01/19/1978

Oh forgot to mention 30 of those (or there abouts by the age of 12)

That would be true Knightwolf if you were born in the last few years, but up until you were age 12 private health insurance was cheap and pentiful. Until the early 1990's I had a $100 deductible insurance plan that cost less than $150 a month for my entire family. My son was born one month pre-mature in 1990 and my wife spent the last 6 weeks of her pregnancy in the hospital. My out of pocket expense was about $1,200 and the total hospital bill was around $125,000.

Since that time hospital and drug costs in the US have been completely unregulated, and the government has mandated changes to the insurance industry AND required them to pay the unregulated charges from doctors, hospitals and pharma companies. Because most of our politicians own lots of stock in medical companies, they're in no hurry to control health care costs. They tell the American public that insurance companies are evil because they won't pay $50,000 to have Johnny's tonsils taken out, then pass laws to make them pay it.

Obamacare just made the entire clusterfuck ten times worse. We'll have Canadian style health care in the US whether we like it or not. Obamacare will make sure of it.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

so heath care in canada is totally free? you dont pay anything? must be nice.........

No we pay, through taxes which is way better then up front costs!

Yup, you pay for your neighbors healthcare through taxes & they will pay for yours.... Right?

Why not just pay for yourself?

All American needs is healthy competition in all insurance & healthcare providers and the price will come down.

No need to have a third party (Gov. Officials) to decide who pays, is there?

Oh well...

It all sounds good until you can't get permission for care....

Government permission? I'm curious who says anyone needs that...

Here in the USA Pete, you will have to get a third party (Government) to ok treatment.

That's the way I understand it.

Your Care, Conversations and Concerns you have between you and your Doctor will be open to the Feds who hold the purse-strings...

My Doctor Needs to ask me by Law if I own Any GUNS here in Ct......

Obama said it himself that No Consideration will be given to those who may want to receive certain treatments once they reach a certain age.

Now, where I come from, I Decide If I'm Getting my hip replaced, Not The Federal Agency who Ok's whether or not I should Get the Treatment...

Maybe you think that's great, For Me, No Gov. Agency or Law should mandate ANYONE To buy ANYTHING from a Private Company (Ins. Co).

That would be true Knightwolf if you were born in the last few years, but up until you were age 12 private health insurance was cheap and pentiful. Until the early 1990's I had a $100 deductible insurance plan that cost less than $150 a month for my entire family. My son was born one month pre-mature in 1990 and my wife spent the last 6 weeks of her pregnancy in the hospital. My out of pocket expense was about $1,200 and the total hospital bill was around $125,000.

Since that time hospital and drug costs in the US have been completely unregulated, and the government has mandated changes to the insurance industry AND required them to pay the unregulated charges from doctors, hospitals and pharma companies. Because most of our politicians own lots of stock in medical companies, they're in no hurry to control health care costs. They tell the American public that insurance companies are evil because they won't pay $50,000 to have Johnny's tonsils taken out, then pass laws to make them pay it.

Obamacare just made the entire clusterfuck ten times worse. We'll have Canadian style health care in the US whether we like it or not. Obamacare will make sure of it.

Very well put Old Man...

There are many, many reasons why The Care, The Insurance, and the Liability have all become too much to bear nowadays...

America has become a Selfish, Litigious Society. The USA in my opinion have been trained to be this way, from the top down.

Now it's feeding upon itself.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

so heath care in canada is totally free? you dont pay anything? must be nice.........

Yup, you pay for your neighbors healthcare through taxes & they will pay for yours.... Right?

All American needs is healthy competition in all insurance & healthcare providers and the price will come down.

Oh well...

Here in the USA Pete, you will have to get a third party (Government) to ok treatment.

Your Care, Conversations and Concerns you have between you and your Doctor will be open to the Feds who hold the purse-strings...

Obama said it himself that No Consideration will be given to those who may want to receive certain treatments once they reach a certain age.

Now, where I come from, I Decide If I'm Getting my hip replaced, Not The Federal Agency who Ok's whether or not I should Get the Treatment...

Maybe you think that's great, For Me, No Gov. Agency or Law should mandate ANYONE To buy ANYTHING from a Private Company (Ins. Co).

I have been in healthcare for 20 plus years Sparty and not once, not one single time as a "government representative" ever made a choice on what type of care I provide or what type of care Im going to receive.  Im sorry, but what is happening in the US when it comes to Obamacare is nowhere close to the care this country provides, its literally apples and oranges. The right wing media will try their best to scare the shit out of you thinking it is, but its not.

We spend so much time making these comparisons when in reality it doesn't matter. Experience is what matters, and by the overwhelming response to this forum you get a reasonable idea what people think of the care here. It works, its effective and all the stats and numbers prove so.  We are a free, reasonably healthy nation and takes pride in the care we provide and get. What else can u ask for?

Now Steve, it sucks what is happening with care in the US.  People question me all the time why should I give a shit. Its because my daughters and wife and born US citizens and I most likely will retire somewhere warmer. This Obamacare thing is a mess. They need to repeal it work on something that is bipartisan. You will never see Universal Care in the US in our lifetime.  As much as you can get exceptional care in the US, its also profit driven as well.  Costs need to be cut, and how that will happen, who knows. I still have faith in the nation that took me in years ago.

• Member ID:  3773
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

I know a Canadian from Toronto.  When I asked him about the "free" health care, he remarked that it wasn't free--the Canadian Government taxed the working class pretty heavily to cover the "free" health care costs.  I was actually injured in Toronto a while back, went to the hospital, and they asked for my "health card."  I presented both my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card and my wife's health card (she's a teacher, with excellent health benefits, like me), and was told that they couldn't accept them, they needed the Canadian health card.  I had to pay $500 cash for my exam.  I count my blessings that we have "double coverage" here in the U.S.  Because of our double coverage, we usually don't have to pay anything for dental, vision, or medical costs for any of our family.  I can only imagine the hardships faced by those who don't have the luxury.  I've heard some horror stories.  I do believe, however, that the less fortunate should be afforded quality health care, should they need it.  I was admitted to a hospital several years ago, and I noticed my wrist bad was blue, with my name and chart number, saying "ins."  An obviously homeless person was in the same room with me, his wrist tag was white, and after his name and chart number, it said "unins."  I was wondering what the distinction was; he was gone the next day, and I had all kinds of obviously expensive tests done on me.  I figured out that he was uninsured.  I hope and pray that none of you have to go through that kind of situation.  Ayaq

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

did you know that in some obscure countries,[Guam],,for example...if the patient doesn't get better the doctor doesn't get paid.....lol....that would give them some incentive and motivation to do the best to their abilities,or be the poorest doctor going.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I know a Canadian from Toronto.  When I asked him about the "free" health care, he remarked that it wasn't free--the Canadian Government taxed the working class pretty heavily to cover the "free" health care costs.  I was actually injured in Toronto a while back, went to the hospital, and they asked for my "health card."  I presented both my Blue Cross/Blue Shield card and my wife's health card (she's a teacher, with excellent health benefits, like me), and was told that they couldn't accept them, they needed the Canadian health card.  I had to pay $500 cash for my exam.  I count my blessings that we have "double coverage" here in the U.S.  Because of our double coverage, we usually don't have to pay anything for dental, vision, or medical costs for any of our family.  I can only imagine the hardships faced by those who don't have the luxury.  I've heard some horror stories.  I do believe, however, that the less fortunate should be afforded quality health care, should they need it.  I was admitted to a hospital several years ago, and I noticed my wrist bad was blue, with my name and chart number, saying "ins."  An obviously homeless person was in the same room with me, his wrist tag was white, and after his name and chart number, it said "unins."  I was wondering what the distinction was; he was gone the next day, and I had all kinds of obviously expensive tests done on me.  I figured out that he was uninsured.  I hope and pray that none of you have to go through that kind of situation.  Ayaq

If you go to a Canadian hospital ER and have no insurance, they will not turn you down, they will treat you and try to recover the expense later. You will not get discriminated whether you are rich, poor, homeless, Canadian, American or Mexican. I am sure you were able to submit the 500 dollar receipt to Blue cross and get the money back later, nothing unusual with that.

Edited by Joe Canadian

did you know that in some obscure countries,[Guam],,for example...if the patient doesn't get better the doctor doesn't get paid.....lol....that would give them some incentive and motivation to do the best to their abilities,or be the poorest doctor going.

Hxtr is from Guam.  Every time he saw a doctor he got worse. Many doctors went bankrupt and they ended up putting a contract on him.  Hxtr was forced to flee the island lol, true story, ask hxtr

Actually Joe, no American hospital can legally turn you away either. You just get a much larger bill after you leave and the hospital will turn you over to a collection agency when you can't pay.

In the US, if you have insurance and break your leg, the hospital that fixed it might charge your insurance company $5,000 for their services. If you don't have insurance they will bill you personally for $10,000 or much more. Insurance companies have contracted rates with medical providers and will only pay them a pre-determined amount for any particular type of claim. Since people who walk in off the street have no such agreement with medical providers, they are free to charge uninsured people whatever they want, and usually do. If a gas station in the US raises the price for fuel during a natural disaster like a hurricane, the owner of the station can be put in prision for gouging or ripping people off with little choice but to pay the high prices. No such laws exist for medical providers.

Even though this is considered normal and accepted behavior by medical providers in the US, somehow the insurance companies have been declared evil by politicians, who make millions in personal wealth from corporations that provide medical services.

The game is rigged and "We The People" are getting screwed right up the old poop shoot.

I thought about it Logan, but the doctors there said they had never seen a Canadian with more that 4 inches, and they didn't have any experience doing surgery on something that was already longer than 8 inches.  :shock:  

I think LOM suffers from dyscalculia lol

• Member ID:  971
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3690
  • Birthday:  12/08/1973

i agree medical in canada is realy BIG BULLSHIT

Only In Quebec, but isnt everything in Quebec BIG BULLSHIT? lol

My Father lives in the Province of Quebec and i can tell you the system is pretty screwed up. 

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Hxtr is from Guam.  Every time he saw a doctor he got worse. Many doctors went bankrupt and they ended up putting a contract on him.  Hxtr was forced to flee the island lol, true story, ask hxtr

i was just about to respond to Johnny.. hahahhaa

Yep Joe I was born there... step son was born there in the same hospital on the same floor 2nd. Got married there and conceived my Daughter there on top of a red Mazda Miata overlooking the Ocean on top of a mountain at the mouth of Apra Harbor over looking the Spanish Steps. I loved Guam. So glad I got stationed there.

This is what we or I was looking at as my wife was on her back looking at me. lol

51fc2767a5347_spanishsteps.jpg 

Oh well...

I have been in healthcare for 20 plus years Sparty and not once, not one single time as a "government representative" ever made a choice on what type of care I provide or what type of care Im going to receive.  Im sorry, but what is happening in the US when it comes to Obamacare is nowhere close to the care this country provides, its literally apples and oranges. The right wing media will try their best to scare the shit out of you thinking it is, but its not.

We spend so much time making these comparisons when in reality it doesn't matter. Experience is what matters, and by the overwhelming response to this forum you get a reasonable idea what people think of the care here. It works, its effective and all the stats and numbers prove so.  We are a free, reasonably healthy nation and takes pride in the care we provide and get. What else can u ask for?

Now Steve, it sucks what is happening with care in the US.  People question me all the time why should I give a shit. Its because my daughters and wife and born US citizens and I most likely will retire somewhere warmer. This Obamacare thing is a mess. They need to repeal it work on something that is bipartisan. You will never see Universal Care in the US in our lifetime.  As much as you can get exceptional care in the US, its also profit driven as well.  Costs need to be cut, and how that will happen, who knows. I still have faith in the nation that took me in years ago.

Pete, The USA, Canada and the Rest of the World are all in a Transition Towards Authoritarianism IMHO. Getting The Gov. in any Country Holding the Purse-strings Over Your Healthcare System Is One Of The First Steps.

Once The Dollar Collapses It Will Start A Chain Reaction And Many People Will Be Hungry.

Then People Will BEG The Government For Everything Including Basic Needs.

You Have Never Heard Of What I Say Will Happen In 20 Years In Canada?

Just Remember, WE Are All In Transition, Your Healthcare System Will Move Towards What I Said Will Happen.

Actually, You Are Just Helping Lead The Way For The USA To Follow....

I Predict Things Will Be Made To Appear So DIRE, That Those In Healthcare Will Be Forced To Continue Working For Much Less Than They Presently Do. 

All The Big Media Has To Do Is Politicize It Enough Along With Big Gov. And People (Who Are Hungry) Will Demand It....

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Sparty... Universal healthcare has been an option in some parts of Canada for 60 years!!! It was implemented federally for the past 45 years. If they are planning to run our lives they are taking thier sweet time. If keeping costs down and letting people like myself (radiology manager) make sound choices so we can provide superior care to patients is what u think is a government take over.. Then the sky must be falling my friend.

Not once has the government told me how to provide care and to which patients should get that care. Maybe, just maybe you can learn a thing or two instead of brushing it off. We as a nation have from our great neighbors to the south, and we are proud to admit that.

Get off the conspiracy blogs and right wing propaganda! They are just as bad as the tree hugging liberal stuff!

• Member ID:  1444
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

No matter what people say against our Canadian health care, I won't change my stance, I love it,I don't care how much they tax us, it still does not measure out to the same as if they made us pay up front costs or have to buy insurance, I proudly say this, I AM CANADIAN and I AM EXTREMELY LUCKY TO LIVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY WITH ALL IT OFFERS.

With that, the argument is over, Canadian health care won because I have the biggest writing lol    :lol:  :rofl:  :thumbsup:  :good:, now I am going to go drink some beers  :beerbig: on this lovely long weekend, you may now post your counter arguments, cause I am going to be to pissed to care to read them till Monday lol

Edited by Cimon

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

Its always funny to me how i always hear about my fellow Canadian complaining about the wait times to get treatment when you go to the ER. ER is a worst case first scenario in Canada. If a guy with a broken finger has been waiting in the waiting room for 2 hours and suddenly a heart patient comes in, well guess what the guy with the finger is going to be waiting a while yet. Is that a bad thing? I think not, thats why our government employs triage nurse to assess these cases. 
We as Canadians know it works this way. But here is another way to look at a wait time... If you have a broken finger and had to wait 4 hours to get in and out of a hospital here in Canada is it really that bad? The cost of that doc to see you plus the cost of the bed youre sitting on plus the cost of all the supplies needed to cast or splint that finger all add up to im guessing between $500 to $1000 well divide that by the 4 hours you waited for that and tell me what you like better.
Pay out of pocket and get out of the hospital quicker or let our tax system pay for it and have a 4 hour wait for it. Well im not a rich guy so i would much rather wait 4 hours.
Is it inconvenient to wait 4 hours? Yes it sure is but its also inconvenient to break a finger because shit happens :)

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

No matter what people say against our Canadian health care, I won't change my stance, I love it,I don't care how much they tax us, it still does not measure out to the same as if they made us pay up front costs or have to buy insurance, I proudly say this, I AM CANADIAN and I AM EXTREMELY LUCKY TO LIVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY WITH ALL IT OFFERS.

With that, the argument is over, Canadian health care won because I have the biggest writing lol    :lol:  :rofl:  :thumbsup:  :good:, now I am going to go drink some beers  :beerbig: on this lovely long weekend, you may now post your counter arguments, cause I am going to be to pissed to care to read them till Monday lol

Well  said, and if you stumble and fall and smash your head open from drinking to much beer, dont worry about it. Our health care will fix you up in a couple hours and send you on your way with all your money still in your pocket to buy MORE beers hahahahaaha... Now hows that for a great health system :P

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

Good Idea CIMON, I'll join you with an ice cold CANADIAN BEER, slobber-slobber! Now I wonder, who has the best beer? Win again!

Good Idea CIMON, I'll join you with an ice cold CANADIAN BEER, slobber-slobber! Now I wonder, who has the best beer? Win again!

51fd9b9e58b3b_3na3k43lf5O25Va5P49cp538d9

Sparty... Universal healthcare has been an option in some parts of Canada for 60 years!!! It was implemented federally for the past 45 years. If they are planning to run our lives they are taking thier sweet time. If keeping costs down and letting people like myself (radiology manager) make sound choices so we can provide superior care to patients is what u think is a government take over.. Then the sky must be falling my friend.

Not once has the government told me how to provide care and to which patients should get that care. Maybe, just maybe you can learn a thing or two instead of brushing it off. We as a nation have from our great neighbors to the south, and we are proud to admit that.

Get off the conspiracy blogs and right wing propaganda! They are just as bad as the tree hugging liberal stuff!

I'm No Blog- Conspiracy Type...

I have been saying what I have been saying way longer than those who cry wolf for financial gain.

I'm VERY SORRY I WASTED MY BREATH ON YOU....

It won't happen again...