Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Mod For The PPSh-41

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968
  • Device:  Windows

Hello all, I had been away from the game for a few months and did notice something different.

Was the Mod changed for everyone's favorite Subgun the PPSh-41?

I do not remember the unbelievable accuracy that we now have with this weapon.

I do remembering it making a larger pattern over the distance then it does now.

My point is, there are many weapons to choose from, but do to the extreme high rate of fire and accuracy that is unbelievable, Nobody Uses Anything Else...

Maybe going back to how it used to be might allow others to use all of the Guns, Be it Subguns or Other Weapons.

It's accuracy is near the K98 at distance if you just squeeze one or two rounds out....

I still use my K98 in close battles and still kill people with subguns but it appears I maybe one of the last...

Maybe re-balancing the Gun might make it more interesting?

Like the way it used to be?

Just a thought...

1555177690.jpg

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

The PPSH was modded for more accuracy and more leathal however the guns of choice were always the M1Grand and the KAR98...

The change was made to help some (all) of us old idiots be more entertaining :)

I still use the M1 Grand evey now and then to keep my feel of it ..

Any changes would have to be a group thing

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2017
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16709
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

I prefer the OLD gun mod we had. Each team has their factions weapons as their primary and then the enemies weapons as their secondary. That was much more fun as well and the guns were more balanced

• Member ID:  174
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91059
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

I perfer the old gun mod myself but I am willing to go with what ever the majority decides.

• Member ID:  151
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  9138
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94163
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I'm with you Sparty. I think the ppsh is ridiculously lethal and prefer the old mod. The game becomes stupid, especially on small maps, which increases the spawn kills.

Can we gather some input from the players in game .....I am with you guys what ever works for everyone im just here to throw grenades / plant trips and die :)

Edited by loaderXI

I'm glad to see that It is just not me...

I will keep playing no matter what we wind up doing (going back to Old Mod or keeping the New).

It was nicer when there was more different weapons being used. I think maybe Nerfing the accuracy of the PPSh-41 (making the spray pattern what it was, Which is Larger At Distance) would give more of a balance like it used to be.

Good example; When you know a teammate prefers a certain weapon often you will listen and know to get a bearing on who is near you. With the constant PPSh-41's going off it's nothing but confusion on who is who and what is what. The smaller maps now with that gun causes unbelievable spawn killing (not bitching, I know it's part of the game and we all do a little) even at a distance because of it's OP Accuracy.  Also if you have a low ping and you use "That" gun, man it's kind of an over whelming combo..

Not playing for a while makes it easier to see the "Old" Mod to the "New" one.

If we keep this Mod, can we option in more Bigger Maps maybe next rotation?

7191432439.jpg

CHEERS!!!!!!

:2guns:

@@Spartacus I have been working on maps since last year and have built a awesome Cod2 download section with all the info for every map that we have currently on there with 7 pictures and tags to search thru easier....Feel free to search thru there and suggest maps to put in rotation

http://www.xtremeidiots.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=8&dosort=1

Also this is still a work in progress so there will be many many more coming keep in mine we are using the em 2.8 mod so most em 2.6 maps will work on Dm and Tdm server

loADER>XI<

Ok Loader, I will do that. I downloaded 86 maps from the page you built Total, and will go thru them. There are some great ones there.

What's the total number of maps you have in a typical rotation?

10, 12?

Edited by Spartacus

• Member ID:  20107
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2017
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16709
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

I don't mind either gun mod we have but I would like to give the old one a spin again for the fun but I am rarely on now because of my dad being in control of my internet. I don't have it when you guys all normally play TDM on the weekends

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

The PPSH, shottie and M1 were all changed back in August of 2013 because we were trying to level out the playing field.  The same small group of players were completely dominating every single map, and the regulars got tired of getting their asses kicked by the same people over and over again. All Rugger did was remove the recoil from the 3 weapons and it made one hell of a difference keeping the majority of the players happy.  Those were the days when Ter would win every shottie map with a score of 200+ and the person in second place had a score of like 50. :lol:

About the only people I've heard complain about the weapons since then are the same ones who were always winning before the change and aren't now.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :whistle: 

I'm with you Sparty. I think the ppsh is ridiculously lethal and prefer the old mod. The game becomes stupid, especially on small maps, which increases the spawn kills.

I know that the spawn kills get to be nuts on TDM sometimes, but you have to realize that there is a reson for it and the other team is well within their rights to take advantage of it. The system determines the spawn points based on where the person on your team who has been alive the longest is located. So if you have a team mate camping back in a corner with only one way in or out (like the alley on Matmata) then your entire team will respawn there until you all die. If I know that the other team is stuck spawning in the same place you can bet that I will throw hot cans, send napalm and artillery to that spot as much and as often as possible. It's up to you to notice when this is going on and get your team mates the hell out of the that spot so you can spawn someplace else.

The PPSH, shottie and M1 were all changed back in August of 2013 because we were trying to level out the playing field.  The same small group of players were completely dominating every single map, and the regulars got tired of getting their asses kicked by the same people over and over again. All Rugger did was remove the recoil from the 3 weapons and it made one hell of a difference keeping the majority of the players happy.  Those were the days when Ter would win every shottie map with a score of 200+ and the person in second place had a score of like 50. :lol:

About the only people I've heard complain about the weapons since then are the same ones who were always winning before the change and aren't now.  I'm sure it's just a coincidence. :whistle: 

With little recoil the pattern is so much smaller with the high rate that always was...

So tell me what other subguns peeps are using?

Might as well remove the others cause no one will use them then....

I know that the spawn kills get to be nuts on TDM sometimes, but you have to realize that there is a reson for it and the other team is well within their rights to take advantage of it. The system determines the spawn points based on where the person on your team who has been alive the longest is located. So if you have a team mate camping back in a corner with only one way in or out (like the alley on Matmata) then your entire team will respawn there until you all die. If I know that the other team is stuck spawning in the same place you can bet that I will throw hot cans, send napalm and artillery to that spot as much and as often as possible. It's up to you to notice when this is going on and get your team mates the hell out of the that spot so you can spawn someplace else.

Ahhhem...

I do understand the nature of the game and how to get the spawn going somewhere else...

But when the entire enemy team can SPAM the spawn with the PPSh combined with the Plane it gets more than ridiculous.

If I were a 1st time player here and I saw that, I don't think I'd hang around, especially on the smaller maps....

Keep it the same way if you want I don't care...

I WILL KILL YOU ANYWAY WITH MY TRUSTY K98 LIKE I ALWAYS HAVE

:lol:

5681099193.jpg

• Member ID:  174
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91059
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

I can understand that it would get tiresome to be beat all the time. My issue with the present MOD is that the PPsh is used by almost 90 precent of the players regardless the map.

Prior to it was the map that dictated the weapon. Small maps brought out the PPsh and the Thompson and even the shootie, while large maps brought out the rifles and the Garante. There is little use for anything other than the PPsh now, though some still use other weapons sparingly.

In the end it's trying to please one while frustrating the other. I myself am a purist. I rather leave each weapon as they were designed and not tinker with its capabilities.

Footnote: 90 percent is a educated guess.

Edited by PimpedOutPete

• Member ID:  2560
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956

I started using the PPSh when we changed servers and my ping went from 50 to 100. I call the gun "The Ping Compensator". Before that, I used the Garand with good enough results for my taste.

With the type of fighting that I enjoy and the ping that I now have, I'm just not fast enough or good enough to enjoy much success using just the Garand or K98. Even when I play well I die more than anyone else.

I seem to remember the Garand being more effective a few years back. I'm fine with whatever we decide. I'll try to become more effective with the lesser output weapons.

Crowe brings up a good point. One of the main reasons we decided to change the weapons in the first place was because those with lower pings were masters of the servers. The high capacity magazine and low recoil compensates for your enemy having a much lower ping, but it doesn't guarantee a win. Even with the current weapons mod I find it's almost impossible to hit somebody with a very low ping. Viperz is a perfect example because his ping hovers around 20 and mine around 110. Even if I use the PPSH he drops me with a single shot from his weapon of choice the garand after I've shot an entire load at him from my PPSH. My only advantage with him is that he relies on close combat and I can drop him from across the map with the PPSH.

Ter, if you were truly a weapons purist you would want the Garand to have an 8 round magazine instead of 20, and not be fully automatic as it is and has been in all of our mods for a very long time. You would also want the shotties to require a pump between each of the 5 shots it held before you needed to reload. There are COD2 servers out there with mods that copy the actual weapons. I doubt if any of us would really like it.

Sparty, I realize you know the game but when all I hear is complaining about other players and not talking to your team mates about where the enemy is, it usually doesn't bode well for that team. Some of us who play TDM every weekend are very vocal about the location of the enemy so we can work together to win, and yes if one of us is in a bad spot that forces our team mates to spawn there as well, we give them a lot of shit until they move. TDM takes team work to win just like CTF.

By the way, the Sten is a great weapon when you aim down on a target. I use it or the Garand as my secondary. 

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

PPSH & garand have been my weapons choice since the new mod. Please, make it impossible for a player to jump into spectate after being set on fire from napalm. That's the reason the strike was sent to their location, to par broil the spawn killing ass.

Sparty, I realize you know the game but when all I hear is complaining about other players and not talking to your team mates about where the enemy is, it usually doesn't bode well for that team. Some of us who play TDM every weekend are very vocal about the location of the enemy so we can work together to win, and yes if one of us is in a bad spot that forces our team mates to spawn there as well, we give them a lot of shit until they move. TDM takes team work to win just like CTF.

I hope you aren't saying that I complain about other players, lol that's not my thing.

My point was, When other players use other weapons you can tell where they are without over communicating....

Now so many use the PPSh it's very hard to detect who is who.

I'm thru here talking. I will let my play talk from here on out.

865212068.jpg

Edited by Spartacus

• Member ID:  151
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  9138
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Achievement Points:  94163
  • Days Won:  314
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

The ppsh issue isn't as bad in TDM as in DM. TDM, regardless of the weapon still lends to "pinning" the enemy down at spawns, which eventually changes. But in DM, the combination of small maps and spawns get ridiculous. Constantly, people are spawning so often in the same spot, many deaths are shot in the back from the next person spawning behind you! Or you turn around, shoot them and are accused of spawn killing!! The spawn protection does help, but IMHO, lately the ppsh is stupid deadly! The shottie in COD5 has this issue  - if you earn the grip, you can take out people from great distance with one shot, just stupid deadly! Won't keep me from playing, but something more reasonable would be better. Yes, tough to please everyone! - what the mute is for!! LOL!

• Member ID:  294
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  8670
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/29/1963

In my humble opinion, I like the guns to be as they are in the single player mode. Sure, let's modify the sound of them to. Eventually they will all sound like a lasers, yeah let's make all the weapons lasers!

NOT!  :angry:

• Member ID:  2560
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956

Upon further review, I believe we should bring the Ping Compensator (PPHs) back to stock and just deal with the 50 and below pingers. Additionally, having the PPHs the way they are now also gives our 2 or 3 dormant players (campers) a reason to continue their tactics. There's no fight involved, just pick your campground, get comfortable and spray away.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I myself am a purist. 

LOL, fuck no, you are not haha. Great post Pete :-)

I hope you aren't saying that I complain about other players, lol that's not my thing.

My point was, When other players use other weapons you can tell where they are without over communicating....

Now so many use the PPSh it's very hard to detect who is who.

I'm thru here talking. I will let my play talk from here on out.

865212068.jpg

Classy.

Edited by little_old_man

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

Upon further review, I believe we should bring the Ping Compensator (PPHs) back to stock and just deal with the 50 and below pingers. Additionally, having the PPHs the way they are now also gives our 2 or 3 dormant players (campers) a reason to continue their tactics. There's no fight involved, just pick your campground, get comfortable and spray away.

I honestly don't care that much about weapons...but it would great if we could go back to the two nade per player concept. I am a true purist :-)