Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Many people use XBMC/Kodi?

Barron

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

Just recently installed Kodi after about 2 years. It changed it name from XBMC to Kodi I have noticed.

Just wondering do many people use it and do they know of many good plugins to watch live TV/sports with good quality?

• Member ID:  22408
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3956
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/08/1986
  • Device:  Android

I use kodi for movies and shows, still have yet to find a good plugin for live TV

• Member ID:  20371
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  159
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2727
  • Birthday:  06/11/1966

I've been using xbmc/kodi for a few years. Live streams are hit or miss, I use Phoenix for NHL and MLB live streaming it has many other live stream choices but it's success varies from one hardware set to another. My android tv box won't live stream anyhting, I have 2 diff pc's that will almost always stream live sports , sometimes HBO but the gigantic Korean subtitles make it hard to watch. I use Genesis and IceFilms for most of my viewing of TV shows, they are usually posted within an hour or less after live broadcast. 

• Member ID:  22889
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  348
  • Achievement Points:  2824
  • Days Won:  1

Gave up with Kodi , now use a Openbox V8s,if you want the info to get sky and all the sports channles pm me,if you want info , guy I use is in Ireland lol pay him a whole £27 for a yrs worth of complete package :lol:

Gave up with Kodi , now use a Openbox V8s,if you want the info to get sky and all the sports channles pm me,if you want info , guy I use is in Ireland lol pay him a whole £27 for a yrs worth of complete package :lol:

Im bascially just looking into kodi as its basically the same OS thats running all of those android tv boxes and just seeing whats possible to actually get out of it.

I did see a few premium plugins that you have to sign up to for all the sports. Something like 10 quid a month just want to make sure the quality is good like and not just using free streams

Your using a satellite box thing then are you? And whats the quality like for sports? You getting proper HD channels ?

• Member ID:  82
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Just recently installed Kodi after about 2 years. It changed it name from XBMC to Kodi I have noticed.

Just wondering do many people use it and do they know of many good plugins to watch live TV/sports with good quality?

I'v had it for about 6 or 7 months now @@Barron3000, Saturday i watched Football on Vdubt25, they transmit NBC  sports last season this didn't work for me but Saturday it was great, i watched a game through NBC it was high definition and no stuttering, when my teams game came on it was SD (lol) but still no stuttering, halfway through game it changed to HD but my team were still shite, i also have a one called Sports Devil and Phoenix (Phoenix TV) which also does sports channels. Go to Facebook and join these groups if you have not already m8 you get lots of help and good advice here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/simonslivetv/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/kodiusers/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/vdubt25users/  

If you want to watch movies virtually stutter free don't try to tune the streams Manually, i use Genesis for my movies and TV  shows but as mentioned above Icefilms is pretty bad for me, never had an Icefilms work yet for me, go into "Tools" and then  "Playback" then go to auto select, make sure it is enabled then click ok, this will search for the best stream and you will mostly get movies TV shows streaming with no stutters, if not then you can go back and try manually.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  22408
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  381
  • Achievement Points:  3956
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/08/1986
  • Device:  Android

its just about searching online for a good repository that's all i do to find the best plugins. for mew i don't mind about live TV too much unless i wan a certain show which i cant get anyways but i love using Genesis on Kodi pretty much the only one i use.

I'v had it for about 6 or 7 months now @@Barron3000, Saturday i watched Football on Vdubt25, they transmit NBC  sports last season this didn't work for me but Saturday it was great, i watched a game through NBC it was high definition and no stuttering, when my teams game came on it was SD (lol) but still no stuttering, halfway through game it changed to HD but my team were still shite, i also have a one called Sports Devil and Phoenix (Phoenix TV) which also does sports channels. Go to Facebook and join these groups if you have not already m8 you get lots of help and good advice here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/simonslivetv/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/kodiusers/  https://www.facebook.com/groups/vdubt25users/  

If you want to watch movies virtually stutter free don't try to tune the streams Manually, i use Genesis for my movies and TV  shows but as mentioned above Icefilms is pretty bad for me, never had an Icefilms work yet for me, go into "Tools" and then  "Playback" then go to auto select, make sure it is enabled then click ok, this will search for the best stream and you will mostly get movies TV shows streaming with no stutters, if not then you can go back and try manually.

I use the fusion installer from TVAddons.ag it has a setup/config tool that does almost all the work for you when setting up Kodi.  Icefilms works great for me.

Edited by ~Marley

• Member ID:  3723
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  524
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  3685
  • Birthday:  09/17/1987

I use Plex for home movies/tv shows that I've downloaded and just use the rest of my apps on Roku for anything else I need.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I do use kodi quite a bit. I cancelled cable a year ago

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Never heard of either.. thanks.

• Member ID:  82
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I use the fusion installer from TVAddons.ag it has a setup/config tool that does almost all the work for you when setting up Kodi.  Icefilms works great for me.

With Icefilms i always get "No stream available" message, others work great for me such as Ororo and VKbox i think it is, but after a couple of months of messing about trying stream after stream manually and sometimes a 30 minute TV show would last about 50 minutes i discovered the auto detect and now about 90% of everything watch i auto detect with very few problems.

Edited by Sonovabich

Cheers Sob , I found that Phoenix TV plugin to work a treat!

They have Acestream links on the Phoenix TV which basically stream 1080p constantly. I have used acestream before but it can be very hard to find links for particular channels on the web to stream. On the Phoenix TV though it had like all of the Acestreams links for Sky Sports and BT Sports so I'm sorted now :lol:

If you haven't used Acestream before I would highly recommend it! Only disadvantage of it that it uses a shitload bandwidth (due to the quality) but its well worth it in the end

Edited by Barron3000

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9017
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65873
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

I have been using XBMC now Kodi , for years , just don't run that often , I have it installed on my media server with Plex.. ,

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I have been using XBMC now Kodi , for years , just don't run that often , I have it installed on my media server with Plex.. ,

Plex is pretty cool... time to tweak my system with new content.

I do use kodi quite a bit. I cancelled cable a year ago

8 months for me don't miss cable one bit 

With Icefilms i always get "No stream available" message, others work great for me such as Ororo and VKbox i think it is, but after a couple of months of messing about trying stream after stream manually and sometimes a 30 minute TV show would last about 50 minutes i discovered the auto detect and now about 90% of everything watch i auto detect with very few problems.

It may have to do with location and provider, I have a real debrid movereel traktv 2movies navix and a few other accounts I have set to auto login that made a difference when connecting to stream servers for me. The auto stream function is nice I use it too.