Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Can't enter freezetag game - "server disconnect"

• Member ID:  20756
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  104
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1960

I've had this problem for about 2 weeks now.  Whenever I try to join a FTAG game, I get "Server Disconnect" at least the first attempt.  Sometimes I can get in the 2nd time, or 3rd time, or it might even take 5 or 6 times!  But tonight for example, I tried 4 times and was able to join a game - finished the map and it rotated to I think bonsai and now I can't get in at all - tried at least 10 times, server disconnect every time... can't get in at all.

No problem with other games including other XI servers - everything else is OK. It  only happens to the XI freeze tag server.

I mentioned this in one of the games and a few others chimed in saying they have the same issue from time to time. But for me, this is happening every time I try to join now.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Fat Tire

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53618
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Well I think its your isp or your connection to the internet but I don't know. So what you could do is delete your copy of the mod on your computer and let the server download a new one for you see if that helps. If not post back see if I can remember something else to try. Good luck

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

• Member ID:  1620
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1430
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  11070
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/24/1962

Yes, Fat Tire has been experiencing log in issue for the last week or so...

I don't believe it's a PunkBuster issue, he's been able to log in and play some maps... However I did suggest to him, deleting all maps/mod... Your maps can be found in  "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\usermaps" and mod in "YOUR INSTALL DRIVE:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\xifreeze"... Once done removing all, dowloading the XI Downloader 2.0.2.0 from "https://www.xtremeidiots.com/files/download/18-xi-downloader/"... As per out conversation two nights ago... Perhaps that may help!

Fat Tire, if you have any further issues shoot me a PM and we can meet up on Team Speak!!

Take care...

Edited by Belted

Thanks guys... I'll try deleting the mods etc and redownload them again.  Lots going on right now.... in the next day or so I'll give it a try.

BTW: this "server disconnect" thing happened about a year ago and it cleared up by itself.... then I had the duplicate port issue, and that seems to be cleared up now as well.  Strange problems on the FTAG server!  Maybe it'll just go away on it's own again?? ... at least I'm hoping :)

Belted, I installed Teamspeak quite a while ago - never really learned how to use it but I did have the xtremeidiot channel bookmarked.  I tried to launch it tonight and it asked for an update - ran the update and it almost completes but errors out "the procedure entry point getlogicalprocessorinformation cound not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll"  So there's another problem I'll get to when I have time!

One more thing that I should mention.... I have a few computers, but this one is still running XP. Still runs COD WAW OK even though it's an older set up.  I suppose it's time to  just wipe out the drive and load Windows 7 on it... yea I suppose I've gone long enough with XP on this tower. :happy:  :stuart: 

Edited by Fat Tire

• Member ID:  1620
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1430
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  11070
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/24/1962

Keep me posted my friend!

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.74
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948

Windows 7 works fine for me and xp is no longer supported so I would go that route @@Fat Tire

• Member ID:  20684
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2217
  • Birthday:  01/06/1970

I'm seeing that fairly often myself...

been taking me a few tries to get in these days

• Member ID:  3821
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1050
  • Birthday:  04/20/1972

im running windows 10 and having the same problem sometimes..... it got better after deleting and downloading the mods again but still having the issue sometimes.. sometimes it will disconnect at map changes and wont let me back in.

I think mine is only on certain maps now.

Awards

• Member ID:  23622
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5684
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/01/1954

I'm running win xp. Sometimes when I first start to play (the first map), I'll get the server disconnect , but then on the second try I have no issue. Then during the game, I have no issues when the maps change.

I'm thinking that my first map seems to take a long time to load (mod also loading?) .. And possibly times out... Just a thought.

But again I only seem to get the disconnect when I first start to play - then no issue. I can live with that :-)

• Member ID:  22534
  • Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1061
  • Birthday:  04/17/1953

Have same issue here Server disconnect/uninstalled Codwaw twice even did recover from backup file still happens and did a repair as White Dragon suggested it is a pia. Hope easy cure out there

I had trouble getting into the game tonight as usual.  Decided to move all the maps into a temp folder (out of the way) then tried to rejoin the game - it downloaded the map fresh and I was able to join first attempt.  I though I had success!  Then the map finished and sure enough it failed again on the map rotate.  Deleted the map folder again (looks like it's the same "xinam" folder that was created from the last map), tried to join, it downloaded the map fresh again and I can't get in at all - tried to enter the game 5 times, server disconnect every time.  So the first success appears to be a coincidence.

So it sounds like it's not an XP issue if other players using other windows versions have the problem.  It's not a map issue - since it still fails after a delete and redownload.  But something happened a few weeks ago that somehow caused this....

This problem is erratic - you just never know when it'll be stubborn.  Sometimes 1st attempt, sometimes 2 or 3rd attempt. Other times you can try over and over and never get in.

One thought that occurred to me, if we sit idle too long in a game, you get booted from the game and it says "server disconnect".  I suppose this error can account for all kinds of issues, but could it be timing out when loading the map and disconnecting us?  Could this be a problem on slower computers? If this makes any sense on a technical level, is there anyway the time limit could be extended while loading the game?

Edited by Fat Tire

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74918
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

I had trouble getting into the game tonight as usual.  Decided to move all the maps into a temp folder (out of the way) then tried to rejoin the game - it downloaded the map fresh and I was able to join first attempt.  I though I had success!  Then the map finished and sure enough it failed again on the map rotate.  Deleted the map folder again (looks like it's the same "xinam" folder that was created from the last map), tried to join, it downloaded the map fresh again and I can't get in at all - tried to enter the game 5 times, server disconnect every time.  So the first success appears to be a coincidence.

So it sounds like it's not an XP issue if other players using other windows versions have the problem.  It's not a map issue - since it still fails after a delete and redownload.  But something happened a few weeks ago that somehow caused this....

This problem is erratic - you just never know when it'll be stubborn.  Sometimes 1st attempt, sometimes 2 or 3rd attempt. Other times you can try over and over and never get in.

One thought that occurred to me, if we sit idle too long in a game, you get booted from the game and it says "server disconnect".  I suppose this error can account for all kinds of issues, but could it be timing out when loading the map and disconnecting us?  Could this be a problem on slower computers? If this makes any sense on a technical level, is there anyway the time limit could be extended while loading the game?

Hey fat tire.  Bumber to hear of your issues.  I'll look at the server settings and try a change and see if that does anything for you.  Won't be till tomorrow though at earliest but will let you know when to try.

Edited by Merlin007

All this sounds like player side stuff. Bad connection from there isp flaky router ect ect ect.

Thanks Merlin007

• Member ID:  21216
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

it's the mod! kill it and make the ACR mod king again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok?

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74918
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

@@Fat Tire , I have reviewed the server settings that handle timeouts and such and don't believe there is anything I can change that would help without adversely affecting connections on the server now.  A lot of work has gone into these to find optimal settings which has been working ok for all now (qport exception) so I would have a look at your connection, running services, etc that might impede a stable connection.  It's odd that it is only the FT server.

Also check this post out by duc https://www.xtremeidiots.com/topic/58088-network-guide/#entry638064 and see what it pulls up for you.  This may help to determine if there is something going on with your own connection.

Let us know how you make out.

I just installed Windows 7 fresh on this computer and currently installing COD WAW patches.  Should be in the game soon to test....

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

It's Frenchi's fault :yes

OK, I've determined  this is not a software issue . I've completely formatted the hard drive, loaded Windows 7 fresh.  Installed COD WAW, patches, etc.  I still get the "server disconnect" errors.... I thought it was a little better, but tonight I rotated to a map that I can't get in at all (just like before when I was running XP).  There isn't anything running  on this computer except an Antivirus (Avast).  I also want to make clear, the freeztag server is the only server I'm having problems - all other servers  (including other XI servers) are never a problem.

This is very bizarre.....

I might want to start a new thread for people to chime in on whether they're having the same issue (how often, what CPU, Antivirus, Internet Provider, Location, etc???) - I'm curious how wide spread this issue is, or if it's just the worst for me!!  If it's hardware related, I suppose the system platform (cpu, chipset, video card, etc) could have something to do with it.   Maybe older slower computers with some sort of timing issue with this server?  BTW:  I'm running an older (but still fast enough) AMD Opteron 180 Dual Core 2.4GHZ. 

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

OK, I've determined  this is not a software issue . I've completely formatted the hard drive, loaded Windows 7 fresh.  Installed COD WAW, patches, etc.  I still get the "server disconnect" errors.... I thought it was a little better, but tonight I rotated to a map that I can't get in at all (just like before when I was running XP).  There isn't anything running  on this computer except an Antivirus (Avast).  I also want to make clear, the freeztag server is the only server I'm having problems - all other servers  (including other XI servers) are never a problem.

This is very bizarre.....

I might want to start a new thread for people to chime in on whether they're having the same issue (how often, what CPU, Antivirus, Internet Provider, Location, etc???) - I'm curious how wide spread this issue is, or if it's just the worst for me!!  If it's hardware related, I suppose the system platform (cpu, chipset, video card, etc) could have something to do with it.   Maybe older slower computers with some sort of timing issue with this server?  BTW:  I'm running an older (but still fast enough) AMD Opteron 180 Dual Core 2.4GHZ. 

Have you tried connecting to other servers or just XI  servers?

• Member ID:  4101
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1124
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8736
  • Birthday:  07/08/1962

its your realtech audio card on your motherboard took me a lot of reading to fix issue make another player profile and try that also plus speaker into mic out jack and plug mike in jack !!!!!!!

Avast matty ya have a piece o crap antivirus. Why everybody ues that shit is beyond me. But that not your problem. 

1 do you try to get in from the master list when you join ? Or from your fav

2 Right click on your game icon select properties, Under the compatibility tab place a check mark in the run this program in compatibility mode and select windows xp service pack 3 hit apply

3 same as above but also place a check mark in the run as an administrator box.

• 2 weeks later...

I get into games much easier since I installed Windows 7 fresh, but I rarely get in on the first attempt.  Almost always on the 2nd attempt - that's an improvement.  But tonight the map rotated to another map I could not get in at all again - server disconnect every time - tried at least 8 times. 

To answer the above questions:

Do I have this issue on other servers?  No, just Freezetag server only.  In fact other XI servers are OK as well.. just ftag server only.

Someone asked about  Realtek sound drivers:  I know there are a lot of Realtek sound chips on motherboards out there (one of the most popular).... and yes I have the Realtek on this motherboard.  But where did you read or get the impression it could cause this type of error?  I'm sure sound chips and drivers can cause crashing in games, but have you heard of intermittent  "server disconnect" errors while entering COD?  Or, are you mentioning it because it can generally cause issues in games?  It really doesn't seem like a sound driver, but I would be interested in knowing more if you've heard something.

Run the game in XP mode?  I should make clear that I was actually running Windows XP for quite some time without any problems, but a few weeks ago this problem began in XP.  I decided to wipe out the hard drive and install Widnows 7 fresh and I'm  finding the exact problem again.  It's not the OS, it's something else.  And since I'm running an entirely different OS, I wouldn't think it's a driver issue either since Win7 drivers are different than XP drivers.

Do I enter though the master list or favorites?  I enter through the master list in the game.

I know there are others that have this issue from time to time - I suppose different rigs experience it more than others.  I know M16 mentioned he gets this error too from time to time, and others in this thread have experienced it too.   I get the feeling it's a common issue...

Thanks for all of the help so far guys.   But it's starting to look like there isn't anything that can be done to resolve it - really looks like it's a server issue to me though.    But I'm no expert!!

I can get in most of the time, so I'll just work with it as best I can.

Edited by Fat Tire