Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Me and Win 11

CW4

• Member ID:  2902
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  229
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1672
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/11/1952
  • Device:  Windows

So went and grabbed the last ISO for Win 11 and put it on a USB stick.  The install took about 20-30 minutes as it hung once at 68% completed.  I hit the Esc key and the continue option and it continued the install.  After reboot and a few more install/update screens, it seemed that all went well.  I really don't care for the centered taskbar, nor the way the taskbar opens and options-layout displayed.  Got to do some digging to get to some common settings.  The Network & Internet options are lacking or I just didn't find what I was looking for.  I tried several of my installed programs and all opened and ran.  I got on Teamspeak and jumped on FT1. COD4 joined with out a problem.... but.... I was lagging so bad that it was not playable.  Ping was ok but there was a ton of dropped frames.  I would turn 90 degrees and the first 10-15 degrees displayed ok before jumping to the 90 degree point.

After leaving the game I got back on the net and did a speed test, also doing the same with my other Win 10 computer.  The Win 11 system was a good 12-15% slower in the download speeds but the upload speed was the same.  I'm thinking driver problems maybe, but doing some searching I found that many have had the same speed reduction, some as much as 90% or better.  Also the Widgets didn't work for me, again a common problem for other people.  It kept wanting me to "sign in" with my MS account but it wouldn't stick after I tried several times.

So rolled back to Win 10 after playing around for about a hour, which took only 5 minutes.

Jumped back on FT1 and smooth as butter, but Sally still kept shooting me.

If I give this a try again I'll wait for a few more beta updates, but see no real reason or features for me to rush into Win 11.

System is...

MSI Carbon Gaming Pro MB

R7-2700x

32GB DDR4 3000 memory

HP EX920 M.2 1TB and other drives...

RTX 2070

• Member ID:  22889
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  348
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2824

Can honestly say found W11 to run smooth on mine so far not a problem well one !! lol think Firefox does not like it, that gets laggy.As for network options,just click on the windows icon in search Type Control panel all pops up same as W10.

As for Download speeds mine seem to increase slightly,i know i had to activate the TPM on board to get it maybe on yours was not enabled? just a guess.

On Plus side i do not seem to get a lot of junk cookies, usually around 300/400 ,  lucky to get 30 now on CCleaner

Running

Gigabyte Aurous X470 Ultra Gaming

Ryzen 5 2600x

24GB 3000mhz Corsair ram

Sapphire RX580 8gb Nitro

1TB intell M2 , 250gb Samsung 940 evo m2 ,250gb ssd 850, 500GB physical hd [ latter 3 use as storage or game drives for older games]

Edited by Krackennutz

Activated TPM last week so that wasn't it, still guessing it's drivers for the mobo NIC (Intel I211).  But then again it's a beta. Got the wife's laptop that meets the hardware requirements that I could try it on, but she says that I'll be singing soprano if I do.

• Member ID:  23628
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  337
  • Achievement Points:  2278
  • Days Won:  0

I have had problems with Intel 1211 on W10, problem with drivers would be my guess too.

Works ok on one of my laptops but there are already W11 drivers for the NIC on that one.

Edited by Tw33tle_Dee

• Member ID:  22889
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  348
  • Achievement Points:  2824

use same Intel 1211, if you have killer software with it uninstall it,it will leave the driver behind,had it on first board proved more of a problem, also if you have it that Cfos program that is crap to.Seems a lot of the so called Help prevent lag increase performance is just a named piece of crap lol or basic oh look it will  uhmmm no it wont lol

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5087
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44657
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

It will install now because it's still in Beta but once it's ready for full release it will not even install.  The official full release of Win 11 will not install without a full UEFI capable Bios and TPM 2.0.

You can Sorta get the full retail version to work if you were to install a Beta and Upgrade to the full version but it will throw up a slew of TPM and Windows Hello errors every time you log on to your PC without hacking the shit out of your registry to disable it. Even if you can disable it, the Store App will be disabled and Windows Update may not work and certain drivers will fail to install.  

I will be sticking with Win 10 until a proper workaround is ironed out or until Microsoft realizes how huge of a problem forcing everyone to install a $30-$50 TPM (Trusted Platform Module) on their motherboards or upgrade to a newer PC so that they can run Win 11

Edited by J3st3r

• Member ID:  6623
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Achievement Points:  2461
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1978

I suspect Microsoft will back track on this and stop the various requirements.  They will be forcing people to consider whether Windows is the best option.  I am surprised that a Linux variant is making a play!

I installed just the Intel 1211 driver, no crapware along with it.  Tend to do that with all my drivers and such, like printers.

Edited by CW4

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4455
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36422
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

M$ messed it up again for h2 version has also audio icon screwed up on task bar and network is choppy has hell 

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1072
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8429
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74877
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

I'll wait for 11 to be released assuming I can run it. 10 has been good to me so far so if requirements come up short for 11, no big deal to me really, I'll just keep 10 going.