Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Looking for some Monitor advice please

PHUCKITMAN

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16063
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960
  • Device:  Windows

My Wife has given me the OK to maybe upgrade the monitor for my Gaming PC. I currently am using a older Viotek curved 31 inch monitor that has a few spots on the screen where it is a pinhole of white light. Not in a horrible area but still. This monitor was given to me used by a friend of my sons when he went to jail. Long story but figured giving his shit away was better than it going in the trash. We stored his tools and important things he owned. He is out but homeless so we sill keep storing his stuff until he gets on his feet. Just the right thing to do.    

Anyway I just saw a LG 35inch Ultrawide Curved Monitor that I think will be a big upgrade for my COD2 playing and the YouTube videos I watch etc. I don't do much else yet on my PC but wondering if anyone else has used this model or opinions on curved Monitors. I am getting older and the eyes aren't as good as they used to be and I sit about 3ft from screen so I think feeling immersed more in the game might help me be able to kill that hacker @Dirk Diggler. Fucking Bunny Hopper. Here is a link to the MFG site  https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-35wn65c-b-ultrawide-monitor .  I have found a brand new one from Costco.com for like $279.00 and free shipping to my house and free returns for 1 year. Thanks for reading this and any advice including Dirks, he knows Computers and codes and settings I am sure.

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4469
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36511
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

go big  if  can 

for me i use  55" TV screen to play games and use the magifier on web reading and wireless KB-mouse

can make the wife happpy with this and cheaper @ 70"  

I have a older desk that my PC goes on and has a printer that takes up space so I can't go that big. That Monitor is bigger than the TV I have mounted on the wall over the dresser we watch from Bed. I doubt I will be able to get a monitor any bigger than this one to even fit and still have my eyes focused on the center of the screen. I am pretty sure many of the guys I play against run much bigger screens because they claim to see shit I just can't see especially on the sniper maps but I can still see movement and things that aren't supposed to be there and shadows of bodies etc. Wish I had a dedicated room to set up the way I want in order to really game with surround sound I could crack up to feel the rumble, sound proofing so I could use my mic, huge screen, secondary monitor for R-Con, Gaming Chair for maximum comfort etc.

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74918
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Android

The monitor you looked at above looks decent for the price but without budget in mind or knowing your current video card setup, I'd look for something that has 144Hz refresh rate (if your video card supports it) and 1 to 2 ms response time.  The one above is 100hz which isn't horrible, that's what I run cause my video card is older and doesn't support 144, and the response time is showing 5ms, typically for gaming, ideally you want 1 - 2ms.  As for the monitor style, I have a 34" curved ultra wide and do like it, even for just mainly playing these older COD games.  

In the end, whatever suits your needs, support of current hardware, and budget.  There's lots to choose from.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

You may always have one out running the other such as card over monitor or monitor over card...So consider in upgrades along the way...I am currently running a Odyssey G9 curved monitor 31" with 120mhz because I need to upgrade my card where as the monitor is 144mhz...Which ever way you do go research the crap out of it before you drop the cash

• Member ID:  54
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4491
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31927
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

Awards

• Member ID:  2208
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  305
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3619
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37738
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

cod2,,,man get your ass into cod4!!!lolool

• Member ID:  22372
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  634
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6173
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

7 hours ago, loaderXI said:

You may always have one out running the other such as card over monitor or monitor over card...So consider in upgrades along the way...I am currently running a Odyssey G9 curved monitor 31" with 120mhz because I need to upgrade my card where as the monitor is 144mhz...Which ever way you do go research the crap out of it before you drop the cash

plus one on the odysey G9

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3349
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  45229
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  Macintosh

I've been rocking the Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" for a couple of years, works well.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--odyssey-g95na-gaming-dqhd-led-monitor-ls49ag952nnxza/

On 11/20/2023 at 1:31 PM, BlackRose said:

cod2,,,man get your ass into cod4!!!lolool

I have COD4 but can't play it. Because it runs on a 3 axis format every time I tried to play it I would get motion sick, same with COD5 which I actually enjoyed a bit more but with the gun moving in a different direction it was really affecting my balance and made me break out in cold sweats and becoming dizzy and queasy. I have a long history of migraine headaches and got motion sickness when traveling by car as a kid so the Dr's tell me that it is best I avoid games that make me not feel good. It is a complete bummer as the graphics advances and storys and all make me want to play newer titles but I just can't risk it. I am not avoiding everyone else in the clan or stuck in the turn of the Century game titles it is just the only ones I like that I can play for several hours at a clip on the weekends just like when COD2 came out. COD4 and COD5 after about 30 minutes I have to completely stop gaming and lay down and take a medication that makes me sleepy or I end up with a migraine and sometimes retching.