Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Ace Mod spawn protection

blackwidow

• Member ID:  31
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2783
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/25/1981
  • Device:  Windows

i was xfired tonite about the spawn protection still being an issue.  People are using it to their advantage to suprise kill others before they are seen.  I contacted Rick and he told me to start a a forum about it to see if others would like it back to the old way.  so please give feedback on this.

• Member ID:  1176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

Yes i  would it is rediculas . I was playing today and was getting killed by people just appearing infront of me it ruind the game and i have no disire to play with that going on ....futhermore this letting poeple spawn kill thing you ..you know were they camp in a spawn point tipped the ice burg . I mean 1 or 2 time fine i can deal and digress but the whole time throughout the whole 2 maps i played the same pple for 10-15 miutes spwn killing at spawn point right wen u spawn or around the corner hiding waiting for u to spawn and move it utterly rediculas and ruins the game expecialy with everyone complaining about it like i said i understand a few times but the whole map length ..there needs to be a spawn kill limit then it kick s you or even a period of time you can stay in spwn before it kills you . but not in the random spawn points  but in the main like an out of bounds timer or somthing . I really cant believe this is continueing to go on with noone addressing this.

Thank you BANPIRE>XI<

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63388
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I honestly didn't realze what was going on with it.i DID HEAR SEVERAL COMMENTS THAT i ALL OF A SUDDEN APPEARED IN FRONT OF THEM AND KNIFED THEM BEFORE THEY HAD A CHANCE TO REAcT. Naturally I was ecstatic things were finally in my favor, but I think it would be fairer to al if we returned it back to the 3 second protection and enforce spawn camping and when we spawn get the hell out of Dodge City. Last but least we have said this about other issues; grow some tough skin and quite waaaa waaaa! I die more than anybody here so take it from somebody that gets shot burned and stabbed even. If I can handle it so can everybody else. If you get frustrated just go into spectate for a while to calm down. Thats my 2 cents worth!

• Member ID:  1818
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975

I would like to see where you can see them and they be protected and cannot fire their weapon till timer goes away...

Example: you look down a long empty hallway and pop someone appears front of you and youre like WTH? when they fired their gun.

I dont mind the run n knife/gun folks at least they are moving around from place to place... as for those who sit in a little corner or in something or whatever and eyes and weapon glued on a spawn place to kill anyone who spawns.

there is something out there that you can set certain places if they are sitting and camping near spawns they will be killed or kicked. but cant remember the name of it.

• Member ID:  632
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

if anyone has a prob with spawn campers please contact me and i'll look in to it. thx

PooP, Launch Pad, a few others as well cant remember their names. but they have been warned and repeatedly asked to stop and kept saying they werent yet they were even though they were being spectated.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

i dont play it because you spawn and die.obviously its worse when the servers fill up  and people spawn ontop of eachother .The ffa isnt helping this...perhaps if you change to tdm for a month to see how that works out??

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9018
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65878
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

Yes put it back , Please ............ and is there a way to , when in spwan protection they can't pull out a nade or sachle , and if they do there spawn proctection is gone as soon as they pull them out., Just like when you fire.

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Yeah, I don't like the new spawn protection cause it's invisible. Doesn't work well in the fast paced ACE environment. Peeps just pop outta nowhere blasting you in the face..lol. 

But.. I liked it the way it was before.Laughing

• Member ID:  295
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

my god wtf! leave it as is ...they complain about spawn killers... we fixed that now they cry that someone who spawns has a advantage.........ITS A FUCKIN GAME....i see a spawn camper i aint gonna boot them ..camp on...been that way the whole time ive been part of this clan....was stated back in the day that its part of the game!

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3338
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33690
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966
  • Device:  Android

Hey if it aint broke dont fix it.......Leave it the way it is and spawn campers are just easy targets for me Smile thats how I get most of my kills..

baldiemeat
Hey if it aint broke dont fix it.......Leave it the way it is and spawn campers are just easy targets for me Smile thats how I get most of my kills..

Hey Baldie , I don't know if you have been on since the changes , 

I understand some of us have health issues... i dont mind those sitting in some corner and waiting for someone to walk on by or snipe from a roof or some dark mysterious place or whatever. but hawking over a spawn like they are little bunnies/lizards/snakes/etc and the delay thing just isnt quite right for acemod. Good for other mods but not ace mod... hope we can find something better that we ALL(99%) will be pleased with.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11857
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106406
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

Just changed it tonight to a 2 sec spawn protection and you are visible

hopefully that will fix it

• Member ID:  1642
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  900
  • Achievement Points:  6952
  • Birthday:  07/30/1958

well crack if you did something about the spawn campers to begin with, way back in the day, there wouldn't have been a problem, now would there. All you have to do is warn them and most of the time they stop. there are a lot of people just learning the game, so they dont know what to do, other then to get spawn killed. WOW, thats a lot of fun. I thought an admin was there to make the game fun for all!!! But I guess those XI members just dont matter, there are just winners. They just want to have fun and learn the game and not be spawn killed all the fucking time.

one thing I noticed is the main spawn campers in cod4 ace mod aren't even XI members, So why are they even tolarated, as far as I am concerned, my XI family comes first period! And the way I see it, fuck the spawn campers, and the ones who use the invisable spawn to cheat, not everyone else. I do care about everyone I play with, and I want everyone to have fun, from the beginners to the best, especially the beginners because they dont know the game. In Crysis spawn killing was delt with way back in the day, so it is a very rare thing to have spawn killers in Crysis. And the invisable spawning was started because why? because no one wants to deal with the real problem, humm that reminds me of the way our goverment works, dont want to hurt any assholes feelings, lets let them keep fucking the good people. I bet the same people who spawn camp, are the ones who use the invisable spawning to there advantage. Assholes will always be assholes, they will never change. They are no better then wall hackers or any other cheater. So you deal with the assholes, not the good people. Crack as a head admin the way you delt with this in your post was bull shit, if you dont have thick enough skin to deal with a problem that is always being brought up, well your choice. None the less I think you owe these people an apology for the way you delt with this in your post.  spawn killers keep killing, you got my blessing, fuck the people who just want to have fun and enjoy the game. Thats what I see your post saying. This is a game Crank, but you are dealing with real people. Dont disrespect them.

Sabreeyes

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

i went back to play that server and i remember why i dont like it.you run 200mph if you dont get spawn killd..its hard to not pass up stuff like corridors and corners..too unrealistic.have fun w it.

Just wanted add , I like the Ace Mod server and think many others do as well , Yes I know it sounds like people complaining ,But there not ,They just trying give some input , I know I will play there with or without invisible spwan, Don't like it when people pop out of nowhere , But everyone is in the same boat ,  Great job and I know it hard to please everyone  and you never will..But thx for at least listening and trying.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

sabreeyes

well crack if you did something about the spawn campers to begin with, way back in the day, there wouldn't have been a problem, now would there. All you have to do is warn them and most of the time they stop. there are a lot of people just learning the game, so they dont know what to do, other then to get spawn killed. WOW, thats a lot of fun. I thought an admin was there to make the game fun for all!!! But I guess those XI members just dont matter, there are just winners. They just want to have fun and learn the game and not be spawn killed all the fucking time.

one thing I noticed is the main spawn campers in cod4 ace mod aren't even XI members, So why are they even tolarated, as far as I am concerned, my XI family comes first period! And the way I see it, fuck the spawn campers, and the ones who use the invisable spawn to cheat, not everyone else. I do care about everyone I play with, and I want everyone to have fun, from the beginners to the best, especially the beginners because they dont know the game. In Crysis spawn killing was delt with way back in the day, so it is a very rare thing to have spawn killers in Crysis. And the invisable spawning was started because why? because no one wants to deal with the real problem, humm that reminds me of the way our goverment works, dont want to hurt any assholes feelings, lets let them keep fucking the good people. I bet the same people who spawn camp, are the ones who use the invisable spawning to there advantage. Assholes will always be assholes, they will never change. They are no better then wall hackers or any other cheater. So you deal with the assholes, not the good people. Crack as a head admin the way you delt with this in your post was bull shit, if you dont have thick enough skin to deal with a problem that is always being brought up, well your choice. None the less I think you owe these people an apology for the way you delt with this in your post.  spawn killers keep killing, you got my blessing, fuck the people who just want to have fun and enjoy the game. Thats what I see your post saying. This is a game Crank, but you are dealing with real people. Dont disrespect them.

Sabreeyes

Sabreeyes' main point is valid, that we have a head admin who has stated in this thread that he will allow spawn camping. It's my understanding that spawn campers are not tolerated on XI servers. Perhaps we need a ruling from Rugger on this, with a PM to all admin as to what our policy is.

The last thing we want is unequal enforcement.

So that the rules are clear not only for admin but members and guests, we might start a thread in the admin section listing what we believe are ALL rules of behavior on our servers. We can use that thread to identify the rules, debate them, and finalize them. They then should be posted on our splash page via a link, for all to see and as something we can point to when problems like this develop.  

lol sabereyes ...evertime i see ur post i skip over them...no novels for me...souned like u might have had some tears.. im sorry lmfao!

the 2 sec protection and visible is much better, less people freakin out n etc, now to just take care of the spawn campers. I don't mind someone who sits in a corner watching someplace up high or hiding some place to snipe, shoot whatever weapon n etc... I am a sniper bitch kind of person LOL so I sit in one place and look for someone trying to peak from a window, run by or get to some place....  I do change places of my sniping spots and i do sometimes run n gun depending on the map, some of you have seen how I play :)

• Member ID:  3233
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2030
  • Birthday:  04/09/1967

Bah I'm telling you C4 them --it works for me !!! I have people that I killed with C4 6 months ago still chasing me around trying to get even :P

I see a camper and my fingers automatically move to C4/bazooka /or knife them I cant help it !

• Member ID:  1642
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  900
  • Achievement Points:  6952
  • Birthday:  07/30/1958

keep talking crack, you just keep proving you should not be a head admin. hope that is short enough for you.

• Member ID:  189
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1388
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  7432
  • Birthday:  02/01/1978

lol u no man u would'nt be here 5 yrs ago or 6 or 7 saber just saying its a buisness now

old XI fer LiFE

fuck uhm

do say have FUn

no disrespect to ya

sabreeyes
keep talking crack, you just keep proving you should not be a head admin. hope that is short enough for you.

blah blah blah....by the way ur dog looks tasty can i have it?