Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Do You Vape Or Use Ecig?

coolmd

• Member ID:  3095
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1277
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1963

Whats this story about how e-cigs cause oil deposits in your lungs.

First time I heard an BS like that. Sounds like something an anti-smoker made up. There is NO OIL in ejuice.

• Member ID:  1482
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967
  • Device:  Windows

lol...what about the burning cigarette and the 4000 chemicals that accompanies the tar laden lungs...probably a story made up by the big tobacco companies...they are already trying to ban the movement of nicotine within our own borders even.Yet they let the big tobacco companies cater to the youth and put a stamp on a cigarette as well as lovely pictures of people dying....or in a hospital on a iron lung right on the front of the cigarette packages...out of all the hardships in life someone still finds the time to annoy me...bloody tobacco lobyists...they all suck...just me

Ive been looking into e-cigs for a bit now,(and will be getting one for myself after X-mas) and looked up what was said about the heath and safety of them, and of course they try to find the bad in it, but from what i gathered is they are far better for you then the real thing. never heard any "facts" about oil in the lungs or it causing cancer, most say it to soon to say what effects it might have til more research is done. but it safer for environment, and not a second hand threat to others, and of course all the chemicals you wont be putting into your body.

• Member ID:  1482
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

First time I heard an BS like that. Sounds like something an anti-smoker made up. There is NO OIL in ejuice.

(a quote someone made about the same subject)

There are a lot of individuals mislead about what PG is, or what e-cig juice is.

It is simply a low glycemic sugar, like veggies, and is totally safe,yet the FDA wants; to condemn e-cig juice as everything from antifreeze to poison.....YET The FDA has it listed as a approved food source ? (give me a break)

Is it an antifreeze? Yup! So is alcohol. Anything added to a mix that slows freezing is consider to have anti freezing qualities. It is NOT what is in the radiator of your car, or what some might use to off the neighbors cat that pisses on your front porch.

What the FDA did find was a few tainted carto's with a very small percentage of real antifreeze in them, toa level that was absolutely harmless. This was way back in ~2008 or so. The industry policed itself and there hasn't been an incident since. It was all the ammo they (thought they needed to start a barrage of anti e-cig following, and they have been getting other org's following their FDA lie. Including the Lung Assoc, Military Services, Politicians looking for tax dollar, and I'm just touching the iceberg tip.

PG has antibacterial/antimicrolal qualities and is even considered to help prevent diseases in miniscule amounts. That was one study used forfinding what mist to pump into hospital ventilation heating systems, and is now used in hotel systems as well.

It is used in fog machines at concerts, and was heavily tested for long term effects by OSHA, many years back.

The studies are out there.

I suggest if you do want to vape VG instead (which I do, because of the added fog qualities of it) that you mix a touch of PG with it for the bacterial properties. I don't know for sure if it will stave off disease in our use, but suspect it will. It staves off pneumonia for one. Soit sure can't hurt.

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

There are a lot of individuals mislead about what PG is, or what e-cig juice is.

It is simply a low glycemic sugar, like veggies, and is totally safe,yet the FDA wants; to condemn e-cig juice as everything from antifreeze to poison.....YET The FDA has it listed as a approved food source ? (give me a break)

Is it an antifreeze? Yup! So is alcohol. Anything added to a mix that slows freezing is consider to have anti freezing qualities. It is NOT what is in the radiator of your car, or what some might use to off the neighbors cat that pisses on your front porch.

What the FDA did find was a few tainted carto's with a very small percentage of real antifreeze in them, toa level that was absolutely harmless. This was way back in ~2008 or so. The industry policed itself and there hasn't been an incident since. It was all the ammo they (thought they needed to start a barrage of anti e-cig following, and they have been getting other org's following their FDA lie. Including the Lung Assoc, Military Services, Politicians looking for tax dollar, and I'm just touching the iceberg tip.

PG has antibacterial/antimicrolal qualities and is even considered to help prevent diseases in miniscule amounts. That was one study used forfinding what mist to pump into hospital ventilation heating systems, and is now used in hotel systems as well.

It is used in fog machines at concerts, and was heavily tested for long term effects by OSHA, many years back.

I suggest if you do want to vape VG instead (which I do, because of the added fog qualities of it) that you mix a touch of PG with it for the bacterial properties. I don't know for sure if it will stave off disease in our use, but suspect it will. It staves off pneumonia for one. Soit sure can't hurt.

Now here is a man that knows whats trump.....i myself do not....but i am not stupid about the e-cig's beneficial qualities i did my research about them about a month before CoolMd posted here and helped me make up my mini mind....its just simple math...4000 burning chemicals laden with tar or Vaporize some VG with a nice cotton candy flavour or espresso ...mind you nicotine is there but within three weeks of taking up this new" i call hobby",i have felt tasted and witnessed increasing levels of energy...plus it looks real classy...i think..i was a heavy Winston 100's smoker for 40 plus years and i tell you...this technology should be manditory for patients with c.o.p.d that choose to smoke.or have developed the condition because of cigarettes..thus lowering the burden on the general public to pay for their health issues[Canada here],i can't get food grade wire out of my head now ChKn you purveyer of fine coils...if i could just get a huge tank to surround it so i didn't have to drip all the time...i would lock myself in a room with some choice coffee and desert with one tobacco flavour and call it a day...food grade wire...man i'm going to Google right now ...http://www.happyvaper.com/The_Ato_Miser_p/ato-miser.

woo hooo....i'm ordering now...will report back about the food grade wire thing ChKn...you dog...lol

Edited by JohnnyQuest

lol...what about the burning cigarette and the 4000 chemicals that accompanies the tar laden lungs...probably a story made up by the big tobacco companies...they are already trying to ban the movement of nicotine within our own borders even.Yet they let the big tobacco companies cater to the youth and put a stamp on a cigarette as well as lovely pictures of people dying....or in a hospital on a iron lung right on the front of the cigarette packages...out of all the hardships in life someone still finds the time to annoy me...bloody tobacco lobyists...they all suck...just me

So true. But it wasnt until the mid 1900's that tobacco was deemed "bad for your health". So... 20 years from now when e-cig users have oil dripping from their nipples and a third eye growing out of their head, it will be deemed "bad for you".

in the mid 1900's there was Marlboro man billboards too...didn't make them start testing the ill effects...coke used to be a soft drink and a joint was a bad place to be...but as science improves and people choose to do research on a particular item..it is pretty well displayed for the general public to view....as is explained on the next page of this post, now i don't know about the third eye thing and drippy nipples but it sounds to me like no scientific research went into that at all....

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

+1000000

for the rebuildable atomizer, i just know ho much mine cost (8 0 €)

and honestly its so badass that i dont regret buying it.

its even cheaper than any other atomizer or carto if u think a bit.

u pay lets say 8 0 / 1 0 0 $ once then u pay the wire (i bought 1800meters of it for like 40€ and i sold more than half of it to other freinds/ecig users) and with what i got, i have enough wire for the next 20 years.

then all u need to buy is the mesh, and if i remember i paid like 20€ for 5 A4 which is enough for like 1 or 2 years.

nothing else.

when i was buying atomizers i had to replace em every week / 2 weeks and those cost 10€ (cisco)

they were good, i enjoy them, but a genesis atomizer is something totally different and i enjoy vaping it every second.

and i know that if i dont loose any bolts or something i will use it for many years.

so in fact its way cheaper than anything else.

and the vapor u get from it is 'insane'.

here is the review from e-cig-review

EDIT it replace 8 0 with an emoticon, so i put a space between the numbers ;)

Edited by ChknFngr

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5088
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44663
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

It's not Oil it's Vegetable Glycerin/VG and Propylene Glycol /PG both have been used as food preservatives for over 100 years.

It leaves no deposits it is completely absorbed into the soft tissue of the mouth,throat and lungs.

PG Propylene Glycol does absorb moisture so make sure you drink when your throat feels dry if your using a PG/VG mix of 60/40 or greater.

I use a 40/60 PG/VG mix for dripping.It's a bit to thick to use in a Cartomizer

Edited by Pvt.Death

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13

Its great there is a (as far as we know) a healthier alternative to smoking. Good luck !!!

for the rebuildable atomizer, i just know ho much mine cost (8 0 €)

and honestly its so badass that i dont regret buying it.

its even cheaper than any other atomizer or carto if u think a bit.

u pay lets say 8 0 / 1 0 0 $ once then u pay the wire (i bought 1800meters of it for like 40€ and i sold more than half of it to other freinds/ecig users) and with what i got, i have enough wire for the next 20 years.

then all u need to buy is the mesh, and if i remember i paid like 20€ for 5 A4 which is enough for like 1 or 2 years.

nothing else.

when i was buying atomizers i had to replace em every week / 2 weeks and those cost 10€ (cisco)

they were good, i enjoy them, but a genesis atomizer is something totally different and i enjoy vaping it every second.

and i know that if i dont loose any bolts or something i will use it for many years.

so in fact its way cheaper than anything else.

and the vapor u get from it is 'insane'.

here is the review from e-cig-review

EDIT it replace 8 0 with an emoticon, so i put a space between the numbers ;)

that does it ChKn....i wouldn't mind sending you some good old Canadian cash via money order postal type thingy,,,converted of course,,, p.m me so i can work some pay in advance for shipping and such...i will pay you for your trouble...man o man....this is an incredible item..too bad Canada doesn't carry such a thing,,if not send me a p.m anyways,,look what you've created,,,lol,i would buy a mile of the wire and enough mesh to cover my house.,,thanks

Mark

• Member ID:  2314
  • Group:  ++ Conan Exiles Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  20717
  • Content Per Day:  4.33
  • Achievement Points:  113891
  • Days Won:  50
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

I quit cold turkey about 6 years ago. It was tough for a long time with cravings, but now I'm fine and when I see someone smoking I couldn't imagine going back.

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13

I quit cold turkey about 6 years ago. It was tough for a long time with cravings, but now I'm fine and when I see someone smoking I couldn't imagine going back.

I too quit too over 5 years ago, cold turkey. I can be around it and it doesnt bug me one bit. Hell I play cards with guys who smoke like chimneys and I have no urge what so ever.

lol JohnnyQuest :)

i dont sell anything, well maybe one super T precise, but me sending you something would cost a lot.

Not sure about the mesh and the wire, but im sure u can find some in your area or in the US.

the rebuildable atomizer, u can buy it from Canada, no problem, they send it from Greece, and there are others u can buy from the US i guess. I buy lot of stuffs from the US myself and got zero problem doing it, + sometimes shipping is cheaper than from lets say France to Belgium.

http://www.vaporus.com/G1-Genesis-rebuildable-atomizer.html

Found a G1 and some 400 mesh,,and wires,, i could be in buisness for under a 100 bucks and then thats it..no more online shopping[lol]

• Member ID:  2384
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1058
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9389
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966
  • Device:  Android

Omg...now you got me a thinkin......gonna do some UK research to find me an atty like that.....

Well took the plunge...ordered this one...

http://www.vapingthings.com/GENESIS_STYLE_REBUILDABLE_ATOMIZER/p1311952_7918834.aspx

Lets hope Its as good as it looks.......Johnny this is a HOBBY...not just a life choice for me too..lol

yep those 2 are chinese copy of the DID.

now, that doesnt means they are bad.

they are way cheaper for sure. Thus so differences. one for example will be the quality of the threats, another maybe the air hole that wont be exactly where it should be. but that isnt a real big problem, i think it can do the job nicely.

but i never had one of those chinese copy in my own hands, but i know some people are happy with those.

the only thing with a genesis is that u have to build your coil (for me its everyday, but it depends on your liquid), and it may take a few days/weeks to be able to do it correctly.

and to understand how to fix the coil problem u will face.

usually u'll get some parts of the wire that goes red and so u get burn taste. so to fix it u need to build it the right way, and try and try and try until u get it. and the way that guy does it on the video posted above isnt great :) i mean if u do it like he does, u'll get a burn taste for sure. but yea trials and error and then u get the best vape ever :D

so yea dont hesitate to buy wire and mesh because u need some for testing

just to be clear, i replace my wire everyday or every 2 days depending on what juice i vape.

for 1 coil i use like 10cm of wire (+-4inches)

and the mesh i replace it every 4-8 weeks

i use some 200 and 300 mesh and they are like 4/10cm and 4/7cm that i cut from A4 foil.

now if u use 400 mesh, u will only need 4/5cm mesh ...

for the mesh what is best is to clean it everyday while u replace the wire, its simple to clean, u just burn it with a lighter, and it will burn every liquid deposit. then u roll it with a tissue and u good to go.

well hey if u have any question with the genesis, just ask, i'll gladly help or try to help the best i can.

i know its not that easy the first time u build it

note also that with a genesis, u'll get the best vape, but u'll consume way more liquid.

i vape like 30ML /week while before using the genesis it was way less. (i dont remember how much, but way less than 30ML for sure).

Edited by ChknFngr

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

all i know is this. i have talked a bit with the wife and am really thinking of switching from cigarettes. As far as smoking goes, i love it..always have and always will. It's like anything else, either you are a smoker...or your not. Period. I am a true smoker. I didnt smoke my first cigarette because i saw my parents partying and smoking and thought.."man, thats loooks totally gross and disgusting...i think i'll try that". Tobacco use has been part of the human experience since it's discovery, just like alcohol, and i am not ashamed to admit it is a part of my deal, but we at this stage are a bit more ingenious and enlightened as a species on this earth, so an alternative to the original is not necesssarily a bad thing. Thanks to the guys (and gal) posting this forum as it has definitely given me some great info and something to think about. When i plunge, not sure if i go all in with a DID or vmax, maybe start with a cheaper alternative, although if i do it i dont really see the point is starting with something less than the best. Ive smoked a hooka before, which i REALLY liked, but i know that stuff definitely cant be good for ya, so i stopped. Keep posting folks...i'm really gearing up :smoke:

i don't want no stinking knockoffs...lol....didn't know that one Chk...what is the real price for the DiD?,,,,,i was wondering why it was so inexpensive for such a great item. That company that i posted the link to is the only one in Canada...Montreal i think,,,i will send them an e-mail to see if they have the real ones....i would imagine they just wouldn't respond....buisnesses hate people that are smarter than their trickery...bastards putting knock-offs in my country and getting away with it...lets have some more free trade...damn government....fake Genisis who ever heard of such crap...what next,,,lol...anyways joking aside its gotta be at least 100 bucks for the DiD..thats what i figured,,more than my mod [which is freakin great by the way..gun metal is so sexy],variable wattage set to 7,,nice licorice..gonna try French Vanila Mon. when my next shipment comes in...i guess i will have to cross border shop for the DiD,,figures the only one i could find would be a clone...

Lol ..... i really dont care if mine is a copy...so long as it works and dont leak everywhere.

The real gensis is about £100....no way am i paying that for a little bit of stainless steel and some o rings.

If my copy is good i will let u know...

• Member ID:  3095
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1277
  • Birthday:  02/14/1963

For a little background, I am a chemist, been working for over 25 years.

I have done extensive research into the ingredients used for ejuice. PG (propylene glycol) is extremely safe. It has been studied in humans for decades. As you mentioned before, I believe it was in the 50's that they did research at a hospital and they found PG worked to sanitize the air. As I recall, even the EPA has a reference to it. PG is fairly expensive, so that likely ended the project even though it was proven to work very well.

I too like the vapor production of VG (vegetable glycerin). The difference is the carbon chains are much longer in VG (higher viscosity) compared to PG (VG is a mixture of various chain lengths). USP grade PG and VG are about 99.5% pure, Both VERY clean materials. However, VG is quite a mixture of glycols so I prefer PG. When I'm dluting my ejuice I typically use a mix of 50/50 PG/VG and the vapor production is strong. I always recommend using some PG in any vape to bring down the viscosity and it will help increase your atomizer life.

JQ, the real DID u get it from Greece, and nowhere else, or maybe in second hand market ?

now they have the Zenesis in the US, but u get it in a forum http://www.vaporwall.com/

its also a beautiful piece of jewelery

there is also the Genesis Line

but from what i know the DID is the only one u get from a real shop. http://mmvapors.com/27-the-did

if u can only buy one in Canada, then i think it can only be a copy,

but once again, it doesnt mean they are bad.

but def not the same quality.

yeah i see that i.e the little positive post gromets are made from sylicone and tear plus the fact that the build quality for the said item along with ss mesh [400] and lots of coil with shipping 89 bucks...no way it was real, but hey at least now i can introduce myself to rebuilds...and who knows if one day i am in Greece prostituting myself out to rich older ladies with tons of cash, i might happen upon one,,,lmao....i wish i could get a real one Chkn ..all i can do is keep my eyes open,on the forums...but i think there is a waiting list...as well there should be with a great item like that

Damn Chkn i just went to that Zenisis link ..what a bunch of beauties.

Edited by JohnnyQuest

Well, we are at the start of rebuildable story, pretty sure lots will come out, and lots of good stuffs, and hopefully cheaper.

all this choice wasnt there when i started one year ago. At that time u could buy one but on a waiting list in a forum,...

maybe it could be better to wait a few months.