Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Obama and pot smoking

eidolonFIRE

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

This is the first time I've ever agreed with anything obama has said...   it's likely it will be the last time too.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Obama+smoked+think+more+dangerous+than+alcohol/9405947/story.html

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

At the risk of opening what might be seen as a political debate (and if so seen, I apologize and please move this to the political section) I would offer a recent editorial I wrote on the subject:

In the wake of a Gallup poll that found more Americans are now in favor of legalizing marijuana than criminalizing it, we came across a statement from CALM (Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana), which offers only this: “We affirm the 2006 FDA finding and vast scientific evidence that marijuana causes harm. The normalization, expanded use, and increased availability of marijuana are detrimental to our youth, to public health, and to the safety of our society.”
That offers nothing of use. You can be harmed by drinking too much water.
Is it logical to continue to expend society’s legal resources to prosecute and incarcerate those who choose to consume a drug which is no more a threat to safety or a detriment to any of us than is alcohol? We have laws against persons taking to the highway while intoxicated, whether by alcohol or any other drug. We have laws against minors consuming these drugs. Use them in the workplace, thereby putting others at risk, and you’ll be terminated.
Why do we continue to instruct our law enforcement officers to arrest citizens for possession of plant material? Why, in Tennessee, do we classify them as felons if they possess a mere half-ounce of the stuff? 
Fact is that unlike alcohol, marijuana is not toxic, marijuana “overdoses” are all but impossible, it hardly compares to alcohol or tobacco addiction, has relatively minor side effects and clear medical value to those suffering from a variety of serious ailments, offering relief from pain, nausea and other symptoms. Yet some 750,000 Americans are arrested every year for merely possessing it — some for possessing it in their homes where they smoke a joint for relaxation rather than consume a glass of wine.
Meantime, consumption of marijuana, which has not been and will not be deterred, is fueling international criminal activity, much of it centered in South American states, which has cost tens of thousands of lives and totally corrupted the government of neighboring Mexico. The U.S. spends untold millions in its failing program of interdicting the movement of marijuana into the country. And thousands of Americans languish in prison for the bum rap of selling it because their personal stash exceeded some arbitrary limit.
No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose. On the other hand, 38,000 died two years ago from drug overdoses, 60 percent of which were related to prescription drugs; 25,600 died from alcohol-related causes and nearly a half-million from tobacco-related causes. Nor, contrary to popular belief, is marijuana a gateway drug. Scientific American points out that studies which show people who use marijuana first before trying other drugs is correlation and not causation: people who go on to use hard drugs also smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol.
The criminalization of marijuana is costing American taxpayers more than $7 billion annually, destroying lives and driving an underground economy that leads to real crimes. It is long past time it was legalized. The federal government won’t do it, but Tennessee can and should join other states in decriminalizing marijuana.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

He'll say whatever he thinks will make him more popular. Kind of like when he was first elected he was against gay marriage, then when it was obvious it wasn't a popular thing to say, he came out in favor of gay marriage.

Classic politician.

At the risk of opening what might be seen as a political debate (and if so seen, I apologize and please move this to the political section) I would offer a recent editorial I wrote on the subject:

In the wake of a Gallup poll that found more Americans are now in favor of legalizing marijuana than criminalizing it, we came across a statement from CALM (Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana), which offers only this: “We affirm the 2006 FDA finding and vast scientific evidence that marijuana causes harm. The normalization, expanded use, and increased availability of marijuana are detrimental to our youth, to public health, and to the safety of our society.”
That offers nothing of use. You can be harmed by drinking too much water.
Is it logical to continue to expend society’s legal resources to prosecute and incarcerate those who choose to consume a drug which is no more a threat to safety or a detriment to any of us than is alcohol? We have laws against persons taking to the highway while intoxicated, whether by alcohol or any other drug. We have laws against minors consuming these drugs. Use them in the workplace, thereby putting others at risk, and you’ll be terminated.
Why do we continue to instruct our law enforcement officers to arrest citizens for possession of plant material? Why, in Tennessee, do we classify them as felons if they possess a mere half-ounce of the stuff? 
Fact is that unlike alcohol, marijuana is not toxic, marijuana “overdoses” are all but impossible, it hardly compares to alcohol or tobacco addiction, has relatively minor side effects and clear medical value to those suffering from a variety of serious ailments, offering relief from pain, nausea and other symptoms. Yet some 750,000 Americans are arrested every year for merely possessing it — some for possessing it in their homes where they smoke a joint for relaxation rather than consume a glass of wine.
Meantime, consumption of marijuana, which has not been and will not be deterred, is fueling international criminal activity, much of it centered in South American states, which has cost tens of thousands of lives and totally corrupted the government of neighboring Mexico. The U.S. spends untold millions in its failing program of interdicting the movement of marijuana into the country. And thousands of Americans languish in prison for the bum rap of selling it because their personal stash exceeded some arbitrary limit.
No one has ever died of a marijuana overdose. On the other hand, 38,000 died two years ago from drug overdoses, 60 percent of which were related to prescription drugs; 25,600 died from alcohol-related causes and nearly a half-million from tobacco-related causes. Nor, contrary to popular belief, is marijuana a gateway drug. Scientific American points out that studies which show people who use marijuana first before trying other drugs is correlation and not causation: people who go on to use hard drugs also smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol.
The criminalization of marijuana is costing American taxpayers more than $7 billion annually, destroying lives and driving an underground economy that leads to real crimes. It is long past time it was legalized. The federal government won’t do it, but Tennessee can and should join other states in decriminalizing marijuana.

Not to mention 600,000 people die every year from health problems DIRECTLY caused by smoking cigarettes. But, it's legal because there are large corporations making bank off of it and they will lobby to keep it legal.

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

imagine the revenues they could make...its a win win situation for any country....but like anything you have to be of age to obtain it...but the money it would generate would be astronomical...

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

He'll say whatever he thinks will make him more popular. Kind of like when he was first elected he was against gay marriage, then when it was obvious it wasn't a popular thing to say, he came out in favor of gay marriage.

Classic politician.

you know something L.O.M the more you post the better i like you. lol..kind of remind me of my Dad,, to the point, and hit the nail right on the head

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

you know something L.O.M the more you post the better i like you. lol..kind of remind me of my Dad,, to the point, and hit the nail right on the head

I agree Mr Quest.

Little Old Man Rocks!52edf2a4b6e8d_lomrockin.jpg

we just gotta be careful we dont end up with a little old man with a big old head . . . lol

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

• Member ID:  691
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2273
  • Birthday:  02/27/1953

A few know me some what from games,and the few post here. I spent 30 + years as a durg addict ,speed drug of choice, but i have done just about everything,I have hepits c,have taken the trement, and failed, I now have 20years sorbity, I started smoking again, to cope with derpression and to enjoy life .I was in a sobor motorcycle club for 16 years . The Freemen  Mc and my self save my life,I would not be her to  tell you all this with out that life experice.Drugs KIll . I have many friends that are no longer with us. I have spoken at the VA AA meetings, i have seen it first hand . Yes  cannabis is more harmfull then supports say, any thing not taken in modaration is harm full. we have more people in prison than any other counrty, 50% on drug charges .where does it stop. I am for decriminalizing marijuana, If ya  have to get  high, cannabis, is the least leathel ,I have been reading up on this , and from experice there is more tars and chems in pot then cigs ,but ya just don't smoke 2 to 3 packs a day do ya ..lol lol

again sorry for my spelling , lol clifford :stuart::sick::zorro::rant::devil: :devil: :devil: PS little old man is right Classic politician.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

He'll say whatever he thinks will make him more popular. Kind of like when he was first elected he was against gay marriage, then when it was obvious it wasn't a popular thing to say, he came out in favor of gay marriage.

Classic politician.

I'm not sure he is a classic politician, but more of an opportunist. On the gay issue, it's not the popular thing, it's the CORRECT and JUST thing to do. If it was up to the GOP, they would vote Vladamir Putin into office.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I'm not sure he is a classic politician, but more of an opportunist. On the gay issue, it's not the popular thing, it's the CORRECT and JUST thing to do. If it was up to the GOP, they would vote Vladamir Putin into office.

Ah, there is that moderate voice of reason we all know so well.  :popo: 

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

hmmmmmmm deep thought here...... Drugs kill? Guns Kill? nah people however do kill!

to much of anything is a bad thing!

I would much rather smoke a dooby than drink booze or do anything else for that matter and I have done it all except using needles!

I never got addicted to any of the pills I took (speed was the only one I had trouble letting go of), I never got addicted to all the coke I snorted.

I started smoking pot at the age of 10 and quit at the age of 37 and have started and stopped oh maybe 6 times since then!

Drugs are not something for the WEAK minded person, ffs my first, middle & last name is COCAINE, LSD & POT! proud of this nah not really

but it was just some of things we did back then. I gave it all up easier than I gave nicotine up!

My point is this to all who disagree about making it legal!

In all my life I have never seen a joint kill, as I have with alcohol ( my father, step father and more friends than you can count)! Pot does not lead to harder drugs, people who want to get higher lead to harder drugs! Guns don't kill people, people who abuse guns kill people!

Obama is the worst thing this nation has ever done to itself and I don't give a flying rats ass who or what he says he stands for!

Impeach his worthless ass and make pot legal hmmmmm NOW THIS sounds like a plan!

Peace,

Boomer

I've seen kids mess themselves up more with energy drinks than with pot.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

I had a real energy drink.... once. Never had a second. I just didnt like the effects of being suped up on sugar and caffeine.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Ah, there is that moderate voice of reason we all know so well.  :popo: 

Nothing like the voice of reason between Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Retarded...  :horse:

• Member ID:  294
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  969
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  8670
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/29/1963

On that note, I will have my four-o-clock bong hit. :happy:

• Member ID:  20555
  • Followers:  83
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1137
  • Birthday:  08/30/1966

They need to legalize it and get it over with!

I had a real energy drink.... once. Never had a second. I just didnt like the effects of being suped up on sugar and caffeine.

No seriously, people get migraines when they final come down off of having 3 a day. It's not good. In lots of cases they get diabetes later on.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967