Astronomer

Photography - Discussion, Photos, Equipment, Etc.

A lightning shot from this past September, and a detail from that shot. I focused the camera to infinity and had mounted in the shoe a lightning detector built by a friend of mine. It has a 2 micro-second response time. You tune it for the ambient lighting conditions and once it detects a change in light intensity, it triggers the shutter.

54a0061013e14_IMG_2341.jpg

54a006312e4f2_Detail.jpg

Ok, I see that you can embed a photo using the regular editor, or if you use the full editor, you can attach a thumbnail. If you click on the thumbnail, it displays the image full-size. The embedded image stays the size that it displays as in the message. Good to know.

post-2069-0-79303500-1419774875_thumb.jpg

Edited by Astronomer

I'm using a Olympus OMD E-M5 whith a 14-140 ( 28-280) Panasonic lense . There's better camera of course but i'm traveling quit a lot and didn't want to carry a big heavy camera whith several lenses.Glad to see there's some other photo fans in XI.Some of the pics are realy nice  :respect:

London :

54a05a8f85318_P1050926.jpg

When I was a kid I got to develop film at my dad OSI lab from time to time. Black n white and color film.

I would so love to see some shots through your scope.  

Here's a pic taken with the old Argus on Kodak's bw film, probably when I was 12-13 years old. My Grandfather, Thomas Brophy.54a084505b05d_grandpabrophy.jpg

now, a couple of shots while we were in London, with my brother's little Olympus 35mm.

54a084bd64c02_80300012.jpg

54a0854907772_80300022.jpg

Oh yeah, here's a shot of me pulling on the oars in Hyde Park, while my wife lounged......lol

54a0865ead31d_80600002.jpg

you DO notice the wedding ring on my right hand? 

Some nice shots there guys,i always take my point and shoot with me when i go walking in the British countryside,even if its just for a keep sake.though i would like to splash out on a decent DSLR and have a go at learning the finer details of photography.

Here is a few shots of mine while out and about roaming the hills

This 1 is up in the Lake District with Englands highest peak on the right covered in cloud

54a17dbfc7b63_DSCN0752.jpg

This is Ingleborough,the second highest peak in the Yorkshire Dales National park.One of the peaks of the 3 peak challenge which is 24.5 miles to be done in under 12 hours.

54a17ea410cf0_Ingleboroughfromribbleline

These 2,both the same picture only one has a clour shift effect added are of another of the peaks in the 3 peak challenge called Pen-y-Ghent

54a18038a84ea_penygent_gate.jpg

54a180c66cce3_penygent_bw.jpg

This one is of a stone monument built to comemorate the the defeat of Napoleon, managed to capture the sun in just the right place to give a halo effect.

54a181dd0f56b_DSCN0284.jpg

And this last 1 is of my home town,Hudderfield taken yesterday in the snow with Emly Moor T.V mast in the distance,the tallest free standing structure in the U.K.

54a1832fd9892_emleymoorsnowysunset.jpg