Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Why did the BF1 US server go softcore???

RESI_STONER

• Member ID:  24561
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  158
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

someone chop your dicks off?

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4065
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37160
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

it always was softcore.. in bf3 (ranked in the top 10 in the world)  and at the start of bf4 then we had a change of personnel so the hardcore server got pushed more. now the old personnel are back its back to softcore ..

• Member ID:  20884
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1812
  • Birthday:  06/10/1989

Yep US server has generally always been normal mode.

• Member ID:  213
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5644
  • Birthday:  06/06/1963

Ya Softcore was Popular, for quite awile. Alot of hackers always populated it, and us hardcore players bought our own server for quite awile, then we stuck around, and thankfully the crappy softcore server died. I hope that doesnt repeat again.

• Member ID:  22501
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  227
  • Achievement Points:  1520
  • Birthday:  01/26/1965

As far as I know, US BF4 was always hardcore.

Alot of hackers always populated it.

That is sort of an odd thing to say, why would there be more hackers on the normal server compared to the hardcore server? They were administrated by the same great admins and honestly you could make a case that it was easier to spot and ban hackers on the normal server vs the hardcore server with the help of killcams and such.

and us hardcore players bought our own server for quite awile, then we stuck around, and thankfully the crappy softcore server died.

Also an odd thing to say, I can understand not liking normal and refusing to play there but why would you be thankful that one of your clans more popular servers died?

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17083
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148547
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

it always was softcore.. in bf3 (ranked in the top 10 in the world)  and at the start of bf4 then we had a change of personnel so the hardcore server got pushed more. now the old personnel are back its back to softcore ..

The BF3  server that was payed for by me for over 2 and a half years was hard core and the soft core sever was payed for by XI then for over a year i payed for the BF4 hardcore server till i was told i didn't spend enough time on it .and that my wife's cancer was the reason my admin tags were taken .so for you that were not here yet now you know ..we had a hardcore BF3 and BF4 servers till some one made it so they had all the say so over all the battlefield severs .. and that my idiots is how that went .. now have a great day and remember watch who you piss off ..it's not good in the long run ..

and with need of 20 player's to start BF1  it wont last long ..it was hard enough to start the BF3 AND BF4  servers with only 4 players .BF1  good game and all just don't see it making it with the way it is ran with EA and DICE ..

Edited by tsw 8.5

and with need of 20 player's to start BF1  it wont last long ..it was hard enough to start the BF3 AND BF4  servers with only 4 players .BF1  good game and all just don't see it making it with the way it is ran with EA and DICE ..

Yea dice really screwed up with the rental system so far, the 20 players plus the fact that HC sets the server to custom (meaning you don't benefit from quick play) really hurts. Hardcore has such a loyal player base that I just don't know what dice was thinking. Hopefully they fix it soon and maybe even come out with a classic preset.

its okay we all found the better bought hardcore servers to play on

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Better bought servers?...how do you get better bought servers....do they pay more for them or give blow jobs or something, explain?

• Member ID:  20692
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1943
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Achievement Points:  16789
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/13/1980

Better bought servers?...how do you get better bought servers....do they pay more for them or give blow jobs or something, explain?

Blowjobs??? Where?

• Member ID:  3773
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3138
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Achievement Points:  24456
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  11/03/1966

Good riddance, in my opinion. We don't need haters, just "likers."

Lol. Just sayin'. Ayaq

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

That means you wont be coming back right? 

The issue is that at the end of BF4 most of the regulars in the US and Canada were playing on the US BF4 hardcore server, so they are looking for a low ping HC server.  Every evening when I join TS, the BF1 players are on the EU HC server until it peters out and then move to US HC RTR or Banzore server.  I don't see any interest in the TS channel for the current US BF1 server.  Banzore and RTR are set up the same way as the EU server, so they are not intrinsically better, they are just lower ping and fuller.

• Member ID:  1188
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

At the end of bf4 the  SERVER WAS EMPTY.  When Hellkid went back to work the server started to laps, and continued to lag to the end. Before Hellkid changed it to hardcore from normal, the server population laps because I left (to build my house) and there were not enough admins to pick up what I left.

Hellkid was in charge so the change was made. When that happened, the rest of XI regular pubs went to other servers, and Hellkid basically started from scratch. His call his hill to climb... and he did a fine job

Well Hellkid is gone and so has the bf4 hardcore server and I have taken the reigns again. For those of you not around for the US softcore days missed out. The bf3&4 servers  we built a great following  that kept our server it the top 100 or much  better for a very long time.(many of XI's current members  not playing bf1 are from that era and many more  unfortunate X-members too)  So to see the US bf4 hardcore server rank 450 and lower... Hellkid would be sad as I was to see those numbers.

Sense the bf1 server  I have seen several of the old faces come into our server again.... and even a few  have stopped back into ts to see whats going on. When the Servers  get out of Beta many of you may be surprised how busy the server and ts may become.

Facts of this matter: The facts are That right now I am spending aprox5 hrs a day( along with a core Breakfast club-members -you know who your are  and Thanks again!)  trying to get both of our BETA BF1 servers going... Some days we get both and some days we only start 1. Hardcore server does not show  at all so if it was no for the EU server having the following and reputation it has ... it would have a very very hard time starting.

I have command of the US normal server and this is how the server will remain for the time being. There is  much more effort involved in getting a server going than showing up in the afternoon/evening to a full server! I am not close minded, I am not def, and I read most everything on the forums  (paying particular attention to Battlefield topics)

If there was another person who shows  the dedication and had the time( like Hellkid  or put your name here) to start/run/recruit  a hardcore server once beta was over. I would support you 100% in your effort, and I suspect the Sr admins  would also. Send me a pm  or lets talk in teamspeak!

so much  for the short version

Cheers Damit!

I don't know the full history, I was recruited by Hellkid when the BF4 server was already hardcore.  The server population rose and fell as different changes  and map rotations were made, but it was still going when BF1 came out.  Many team speak regulars, at least, seem to have come into BF1, although there are a few that I miss.  Everyone understands how hard it is to get the server started with a 20 player minimum, and the server browser that ignores custom servers.  Hopefully things will improve once the server can actually be admined.

At the end of bf4 the  SERVER WAS EMPTY.  When Hellkid went back to work the server started to laps, and continued to lag to the end. Before Hellkid changed it to hardcore from normal, the server population laps because I left (to build my house) and there were not enough admins to pick up what I left.

Hellkid was in charge so the change was made. When that happened, the rest of XI regular pubs went to other servers, and Hellkid basically started from scratch. His call his hill to climb... and he did a fine job

Well Hellkid is gone and so has the bf4 hardcore server and I have taken the reigns again. For those of you not around for the US softcore days missed out. The bf3&4 servers  we built a great following  that kept our server it the top 100 or much  better for a very long time.(many of XI's current members  not playing bf1 are from that era and many more  unfortunate X-members too)  So to see the US bf4 hardcore server rank 450 and lower... Hellkid would be sad as I was to see those numbers.

Sense the bf1 server  I have seen several of the old faces come into our server again.... and even a few  have stopped back into ts to see whats going on. When the Servers  get out of Beta many of you may be surprised how busy the server and ts may become.

Facts of this matter: The facts are That right now I am spending aprox5 hrs a day( along with a core Breakfast club-members -you know who your are  and Thanks again!)  trying to get both of our BETA BF1 servers going... Some days we get both and some days we only start 1. Hardcore server does not show  at all so if it was no for the EU server having the following and reputation it has ... it would have a very very hard time starting.

I have command of the US normal server and this is how the server will remain for the time being. There is  much more effort involved in getting a server going than showing up in the afternoon/evening to a full server! I am not close minded, I am not def, and I read most everything on the forums  (paying particular attention to Battlefield topics)

If there was another person who shows  the dedication and had the time( like Hellkid  or put your name here) to start/run/recruit  a hardcore server once beta was over. I would support you 100% in your effort, and I suspect the Sr admins  would also. Send me a pm  or lets talk in teamspeak!

so much  for the short version

Cheers Damit!

Hopefully the days of a full US server at all times of the day will come back again. Back then you guys had a solid following that would join up as soon as they saw 1 person in the server, knowing that it would fill quickly. Its gonna take a lot of work but I have faith that Damit can put together a good crew to keep the server alive. That is as long as he doesn't decide to build another house or break the arm of one of his fellow admins.

you guys should probably add "XI" to both EU and US server names so when people go to search for the servers and type in XI like did because that's how the bf4 servers were. would of never found the servers if i were not on TS everyday. we probably lost a few regular pubs due to the changing of the server names and leaving out "XI"

• Member ID:  1188
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

you guys should probably add "XI" to both EU and US server names so when people go to search for the servers and type in XI like did because that's how the bf4 servers were. would of never found the servers if i were not on TS everyday. we probably lost a few regular pubs due to the changing of the server names and leaving out "XI"

DONE

• Member ID:  375
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  92
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4065
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Achievement Points:  37160
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  06/01/1970