Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Spawn Killing

Tao Warrior

• Member ID:  1820
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  220
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1984

Hello All,

I'm pretty sure this is going to make a lot of people mad. My attention's are not to make anyone mad. However it's getting annoying when you play COD4 on your guy's ace mod server and you have members from your clan and non-member's hiding around spawn points kill players. Also whats really sad is one admin not going to say name's does this as well. O.K. I understand camping is allowed which is fine it just makes more kills for us players who move around. But to hide in spawn points to get kills is not right. Perfect Example yesterday I was on and someone was talking about people camping. They were talking about the spawn camping. This is what they were told "This isn't your server" Wow!!! That's a good way to get a bad name for your server's. I'm pretty sure there is a lot of other players and clan member's who agree with me that is a problem. And if not I guess I'm the only one who hate's it. I like your server's but when you have member's and non-members making it not fun for everyone its not right. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

<OTR>TaoWarrior

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  2112
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68
  • Achievement Points:  425
  • Birthday:  04/09/1975

I doubt you'll make anyone mad. I am not a clan member (yet) so take what I say with a grain of salt, but here is how I see it. Even though it was a blunt remark  "This isn't your server", it is however the truth. Should it have been said that way ?, probably not. I have played on the ace mod once or twice and wasn't camped much. Although it is hard to tell if I was being camped since it is a "free for all" server and the spawn points are pretty random. Now I have played on the other mods and the spawn camping is actually encouraged. Ace mod if a fast paced gaming style and if you are getting spawn camped I think you may actually be spending too much time in one place. Play more like me and have them accuse you of playing like you' on crack !! heheWink

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Tao I regret you apparently feel we tolerate spawn camping, because we don't. Next time you see it, rather than listen to someone else's conversation, point it out to the admin in game - if there is one. That admin should place a warning against the spawn camper and if the behavior is repeated, the admin will kick the player, and if it's repeated after that, there will be a ban.

If there isn't an admin in game, open Xfire and find one. That admin will then come in game and spectate the situation.

If you don't wish to do that, then PM a game or head admin, or a senior admin, and report the name of the player who is spawn camping, and what server it is.

Thanks...

• Member ID:  1371
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

I agree with you tao...ive played with you in ace a long time, and i also see spawn camping a HUUUGE problem. seems 7/10 times as soon as i spawn i blink and im dead... and if i spawn in that same spot its the same person who kills me. People need to grow a pair of nuts and move off the damn spawn. The 5 seconds of spawn protection is bullshit too, considering as i spawn ill have people shooting me and 2 steps later i hit the floor. I think we need more admin patrols in ace mod, because i never ever see admins in there, but i have to call for them. I guess they just dont like ace but regardless its constant (this spawn camping problem)

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

heres what I say to SPAWN campers.  after 2 of 3 times of dying from same person same spot  I politely ask the person to move along   they can make a round and return for a few kills but to please move for a few away from spawn.  if I get no response or  movement I will find an admin. alot of times just letting someone know that they need to move on  works,  but you dont have tags so you are likely to get lip   again if that happens find an admin and point the bastard out.  have fun

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14888
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Achievement Points:  91105
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Great reply Weezer. Unfortunately it's part of the game but it's not condoned. As Weezer said, we will do all we can as admins to discourage this behavior. If u feel the admin is not doing his job, pm a senior admin and let them handle the situation. Thx for your post.

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960

Killem,,,,

Kill them all.... Shoot first , ask questions later.

I have played on the ace mod server a few times and it is like any map. the person that knows the map intimately and knows the player can just about guess where the next threat comes from.

Spawn killing is part of the game...... Spawn camping is also part of the game... It is just a little less glorified of an accusation.

I don't know the maps very well in Ace mod and I couldn't tell you if I am spawn killing or not.... But I know that as soon as I see something move I shoot.. and shoot to kill.

I'll be damned if I am going to sit and think for a sec.... hmmmmm ..... that might be a spawn point....Bam.. I'm dead.

I have heard people say to others that that is a spawn area....... I say whoopty do. I shoot as soon as I see movement. If I don't I am dead.

We in Cod2 just go after the campers...... If you harass them enough they will move on. A couple good bashes on the ole noggin will set them straight. But watch that back door entrance. the good camper will protect their asses with a well placed trip or....In Cod4 speak.. a claymore set and well hidden.

In fact, it is much more satisfying than bitching about it.

Until everyone learns the maps...... And in cod4 that is a lot more difficult because of all the different travel paths they have in and thru  any and all buildings.... you are going to have some spawn killing.

And that my friends... is my opinion on it...... If I get accused when i am in cod4 ace... i will probably just laugh.... But then I laugh a fair amount.

Back shooting is the name of the game....you have less chance of dying when you use that method.Laughing

Love me or hate me....Some players make me cuss and swear....... just ask my wife... Ha..... other players make me laugh.....

It is a game....

Artimus

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11878
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106464
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I have put a spawn protection time of 3 secs on this server, lets see if people like it

• Member ID:  632
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

camping spawn points is wrong in my looks at it. if i catch any one spawn killing on purpose i will give a warning. u just can not sit on a spawn and kill everyone spawning there. it not fair or fun if ur the one spawning. its been done to me and it takes the fun out of the game. just have fun run and gun or die doing it.

• Member ID:  1056
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2789
  • Birthday:  09/28/1970

I agree with Artie, when you know the maps well you do have a great advantage, if someone spawns in front of me , sorry Im gonna shoot. Although sitting at a spawn and killing over & over just shows me the person is inexperienced but I dont bitch about it, I know the good respectable players in the clan dont do that. Im just here for shits & giggles cause XI is a nice escape for me.

I guess bottom line, If your that serious about the game and you cant have fun here , go join a TWL ladder. We are always gonna have the spam killer, spawn trippers, spawn camper, snipers, trip whores, run & gunners, whatever floats your boat in my mind. If we all played the same it would be pretty boring. Open play is open Play. Cheating is a whole nother story.

Just my $.02

• Member ID:  295
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

peeps been spawn killin for years ...i see nothin wrong myself...i run and gun and i guess i run by spawns but i aint gonna not  shoot ya just because u spawn.  spawn campers make it fun...i always try and get those fuckers :)

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4673
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41100
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I agree with Artie too, a nade or knife gets the message across. I love campers (spawn or otherwise), they make a cheap kill when they stay put.

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

<OTR>TaoWarrior, If you incounter this hit up a admin (If the admin in there is tolerating this Hit up a Senior admin with his name)

You can get all of the Admins xfire name here

http://www.xtremeidiots.com/#tab24

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

As much as I hate to admit it I agree with Artie also...It's a FFA server that to me means it's everything goes as long as you are not cheating...I don't especially like spawn campers but that is the part of the nature of the beast...SmileSmile

Awards

• Member ID:  1022
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  8504
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Achievement Points:  81318
  • Days Won:  397
  • Birthday:  07/19/1962

crackxi

peeps been spawn killin for years ...i see nothin wrong myself...i run and gun and i guess i run by spawns but i aint gonna not  shoot ya just because u spawn.  spawn campers make it fun...i always try and get those fuckers :)

SWEET!!! crack..WELL SAID...KILL THEM ALL   Cool

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Just to point out that Ace Mod is very fast paced and there's a level of spawn killing that's unavoidable, and shouldn't be made an issue of. But some jerk parked and aimed at a spawn point is another matter. I spend a lot of time in Ace Mod and I haven't seen anyone deliberately camping, time after time, on spawn points. If we do, we will act.

Let's see how the three-second spawn protection works - thanks Rugger.

• Member ID:  934
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5656
  • Birthday:  08/16/1960

A few excerpts from the different responses.

This is what they were told "This isn't your server"

True, it's not, but still a bad response. This is almost a confrontational attack like "Do something about it!"  If it gets this bad then it becomes a strike against our servers and our people and our guests.

point it out to the admin in game - if there is one.

Or point it out to any member. Most of us are willing to contact an admin if requested.

The 5 seconds of spawn protection is bullshit too

On what grounds?

1. You don't like spawn protection? or

2. It's not long enough?

5 seconds seems to me to be the right amount of time. It gives you time to run away.

I have put a spawn protection time of 3 secs on this server, lets see if people like it (Problems solved?)

(Me) I have seen a mod that highlights a person in the mini-map after a couple seconds of camping. Should we look into that?

The bottom line is "IT"S A GAME!!!" Spawn killers, noob tubers, snipers, and (my pet peeve) people who don't defrost are all part of a game that we all love in it's different incarnations. Live and let live. Play more and enjoy.

• Member ID:  3233
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2030
  • Birthday:  04/09/1967

Generally we allow people to play how they want --however most admins will assist  you if you have a goober that is spawn camping maps regularly --ask a member we can usually find an admin on x-fire if assistance is needed ---my policy on a spawn camper is to a seek and destroy them over many maps and usually they get the message and leave although some are reluctant try c-4 on them a few times --usually works .

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

Although we don't condone spawn camping.  Most let it ride unless someone has a issue with it but most do not do to they know it is part of the game.  If someone has a issue.  All they have to do is let a admin in game  know or or a member to get ahold of a admin.  Or if you are in our servers alot.  Find out who the admins are through the site and give them a add in xfire. 

• Member ID:  1820
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Achievement Points:  220
  • Birthday:  06/05/1984

I understand its a fast pace server which is great. And I understand running by a spawn point area and killing someone its going to happen because 1. there either going to shoot back or 2. there not paying attention and shoot the hell out of them. :) but what I'm saying is when someone know's where spawn points are and camp it out from a distance and just starts killing players. That's what I'm talking about. the 5 sec spawn protect doesn't matter in this case. Regardless if you move or not there going to shoot you meaning the people who hide near spawn points. I'm not trying to come across rude or distasteful about your guy's clan. I like your guy's clan and the people in it. I just wanted to point something out that I've noticed as a guest to your guy's servers. I usually keep to myself on the game and play. But I guess my anger got the best of me about this because I was like I understand its just a game. But I play to get away from the stupid stuff in life. Anyway thank you all for your post and your time.

<OTR>TaoWarrior

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

Hey Tao, thanks for posting in the forums.  Nobody will think that you are being an ass for posting about this.  Most of us will agree that spawn camping is a pretty low-life, shitty thing to do.  If someone has to get their kills by spawn killing, I don't have time for them and will seek them out and kill them. 

You said that even an Admin was doing this in the server.  If that is the case, don't hesitate to bring another admin into the picture.  Our biggest mission is to make sure that the game remains fun!  That is the goal!  If someone is making the game so miserable that it is not even fun to be on the server, we will take care of it.  Whether it is spawn camping, personal attacks, inappropriate behavior, hacks, glitching, etc. etc.  Get one of us admins and we can help out.  Feel free to dd me to your x-fire.  my id is sedpigdog.  I used to be an Ace Mod regular, but I have moved more into Freeze Tag.  I still get in Ace Mod now and then.

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

I have to agree with Artie on this one. (I know, it doesn't happen often)

It is suicidal to wait to see if someone has just spawned as you will be dead. This isn't "pistols at dawn - 10 paces then turn and shoot". With the skill level of a lot of the players in the servers a split second is the difference between life and death.

If I see someone I don't care if he/she just spawned or not - they are going down, or I am.

This is spawn killing and especially on a crowded, small map, it is unavoidable.

Now Spawn camping is a different story. If you camp on a known spawn spot and pick off people repeatedly as they spawn in you truly are a worthless twat and should go play something more your speed, like tiddley-winks.

The thing is though, you don't spawn in the same place every time and what I do is, when I get spawn camped a bit, I make it my mission to go back to that spawn point and smack that asshole in the head once I spawn somewhere else. Sometimes it might take a while because bastards like Artie or Pete kill me on the way (love you guys, in a manly way of course) but those type of campers are dumb enough to still be there if someone doesn't beat you to the punch (pun intended)

One thing I know is not allowed and that is spawn-tripping. That, in my book, and most everyone else I play with, is grounds for the size 13 up the rectum.

• Member ID:  645
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4328
  • Birthday:  04/19/1960

I have to disagree with you there Nick.....

I feel the "TRIP" is a tool to be brought out for humiliation purposes.... and as an equalizer....for very very strict circumstances..Wink

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.... and when the going gets tough and you just can't beat those low ping back shooters... You just have to drop a trip  down with a special tag on it for those occasions when you just need to have a little giggle on account of some of your fondest enemies....... But.... and that is a big word.... especially for certain individuals of the north of the border blood, it is to be used with extreme caution and set at a distance of no less and no more than two steps on those enemies that so deserve it.CoolYellLaughing

Artimus

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

it's a FUCKING GAME GET OVER IT AND PLAY, quit being MORONS and get over it. life is short and in real

life ya get shot you may DIE. LMFAO

• Member ID:  927
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  732
  • Birthday:  08/24/1956

It's difficult to enforce a "rule" when there isn't one.  Are spawn killing and camping a violation of our server rules?  No.  But those tactics do seem to go against the >XI< code of conduct.  Laughing