Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Brand New Mw2 Cod4 Mod Is Out Please Test And Leave Feedback 10/19/12

Ruggerxi

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.52
  • Content Count:  11899
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106534
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  Windows

The newest MW2 mod is out and ready for testing, lets get in there and test this out for Sammy. He needs a lot of feedback on bugs and issues with the mod so please get in there and try it out. Leave all feedback on this post

68.232.176.207:28960 >XI< MW2 Freezetag Beta www.xtremeidiots.com

• Member ID:  3710
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  288
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1995

Comments : Thanks for the great work sammy, i appreciate that. After playing a few rounds, i found out that i really hate this mod, its like the chicago server and i hate that. No weapons are good, aug's aim = no good, acr no more, the interface is not cool. No more tactical nuke. Replacing this mod in the new york server is a really really bad idea. I have a suggestion lets stay with this new york mod, don't change anything, just add some more killstreak, more weapons and may change some of the icons. If this mod really goes to the new york server, every one will just use scar and rpd, no one will use other weapons. I strongly recommend not to replace this mod in the new york server.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131491
  • Days Won:  116

Mac the New York mod is full of bugs, you didn't actually stay long enough to test anything, the whole point of testing is to iron out the stuff we don't like, the New York mod will eventually be replaced as all mods have been so far, so lets have some positive feedback instead of just saying i don't like it. As for the weapons Mac, most only use the Aug anyway in the New York mod.

Edited by Sonovabich

Rugger/Sammy still plenty of complaints about the weak/inaccurate weapons, i tried 3 so far, the Aug i found inaccurate and a bit weak, the AK47 seemed a little bit better in both accuracy and power, but i liked the MP5 best so far even took stopping power off it for Snatch and Grab and still found it quite powerful, also very accurate, was told the cars don't defrost anymore players did not like that, my opinion is i can't see the point of the car if it don't defrost, if it is just a one kill weapon that can be blocked (can it be blocked in this mod) or taken out with an EMP grenade then i can't see it being very good. Was told there was still a Nuke option in the game dunno if it is the one Mac means or not, players also did not like the sound of some of the weapons, like the MP5 sounds a bit tinny but i can handle that as long as it shoots ok, that's all i can think of at the moment, we had about 10/16 players in there so let's hope we get some positive feedback.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

seems to be the new test mod on chicago doesnt appear to interest people..as server is empty...if it isnt much different than what has been on chicago people wont like it and wont play it...so kinda hard for me to check it out if no one playing on it either tho...people seem to be content with NY server even tho most complain bout it ..i just dont get it..oh also if this is suppose to be hardcore version of ftag how come the weapons are being set weak and inaccurate just askn..

Edited by CobraBites

Well it's like this Cobra if people don't go and test it we will never know anything, we had quite a few in there for at least 2 hours today, us admins should take the lead and get it going, as for everyone liking the New York mod, i remember everyone liking the very first mw2ftag mod that came out, the one that came out after the original ftag1 but here we are about 3 mods later, we changed and evolved from that mod and we will do it again no doubt.

Edited by Sonovabich

well im all good for upgrades but it just seems like this new or last one just isnt up to the hardcore standards that u expect from the mw2 version think thats why people not liking it due to the weaker weapons and inaccuracy of some of the better ones

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

There was a small bug. Sending Rugger a fixed file. Tac nuke is still in the game but available to everybody and not part of the streak loadout. Depending on server settiings it can be 15 kills or 30. So all of you that are just itching to try it just make sure the server is set at 15. :w00t:

Accuracy and such has been discussed to death and it would just be beating a dead horse. Have not played the server so dunno what the health settings are and such. But hardcore is off by default and health is 100. The RC should defrost and will check that today to make sure.

• Member ID:  459
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416

helooo,

i just played it until i was level 7 and freaked out by the stupid server that kills me with an ac130 because the map took to long, previous map i was killed by a mininuke called in by the server as well.....whats wrong with that. it goes directly for a person?

tried the ak47, accuracy on small range is very good, medium and long range sucks big time! couldn't even kill someone from one floor up. same with the mp5k.

AUG is ok but aint as good as on the other beta server. also think it's an other form of AUG gun. sounds different. tried a few other assault rifles...M4A1,... all they seem to have a problem with long range accuracy and dammage ratio.

i'll go on tomorrow and check out the sub machine guns but after playing 4 maps and already having so many probs with the guns i'm not really a fan...it can change we will see.

isn't it possible to change the lay-out of picking a class like on the other one...this one takes to long and isn't really handy...personal opinion.

from what i've heard this server should be an improvment of the other beta test server, but for me i don't see anything similar. everything looks new and seems to have the same problems like we had on the beginning of the other mw2 server. guns...classes...accuracy...Damage-kill ratio.

please don't take this as a message that you guys do a bad job...,not at all but when you have so much problems everyone that joins it will starting to hate it and never come back.

cheers and gnight.

Shooter

• Member ID:  1729
  • Followers:  105
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7521
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Achievement Points:  49200
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

OUI c est vraie on dirais un serveur SOB lol , il n y a que lui qui arrive a jouer dessus :hrhr:

• Member ID:  3646
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1075

I agrre sob in his 2nd post, its very difficult to handle it, with some of the weapons-----> with aug , its like lotto. and thats the weapon what i use till 98 %.

• Member ID:  1786
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1062
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  7865
  • Birthday:  07/21/1985

a few comments from me.. seems like the amount of shots you need to kill someone are different from map to map..?? i was not the only commenting on it when we played.. but it seems like (to me) that this i a rough version and there are still some bugs to be fixed.. not a lot but some..

some weapons are good some are bad.. thats just the way it is.. And the amount of exploding arrows is a bit to much.. you get an advantage there! And its HUGE! 10 exp arrows.. compared to the China that has 2 shots.. make it 2 on both..

uhm. we had problems picking up carepackets.. and i think thats about it..

Weapons that are just model/anim changes.... ak47, m4, mp5 etc... are no different than their stock counterparts. There is no reason to screw with anything else so we didnt.

Aug model is designed to work with both itself and hbar but the only real difference between the older aug ar and the newer one is the barrel length and the skin. Damage is set at the standard 30 (36 for hbar) to remain consistant with the purpose it is supposed to serve in relation to all other weapons in that class. It was incorrectly set at 40 on the older one. There are damage modifiers for every gun if this is a problem and you can go by majority rules and set the server configs to increase or lower the damage to whatver you think it appropriate.

The ambient stuff does have randomness. Its power is %50... or less... than the streak versions. That includes range and damage. For the ac130 the fx bark is much worse than its bite. The purpose of ambient weapons is to throw in the unexpected. As with guns any or all can be shut off. People can say its unfair. But this is the fog of war not a bake sale. ;)

I am trying to be nicely political about all of this but every person has their own opinion about whether or not something is bugged or broken. In the end we balance everything as a full package. People can say such and such older gun was better. But then again if the 49ers could get away with 16 men on the line while everyone else couldnt they would think it was better also. That doesnt mean it was right.

10 arrows????? That is wrong. It should be two. The server has an optional crossbow without the explosive tips that allows 10. Rugger can change that. No, damage doesnt vary map to map. What was wrong with the packages? One thing, whoever enters its proximity first is the only one that can get it until he moves away or is shot.

yea we couldnt grab the carepackages.. we had no chance of taking it.. no one! and we had 5 on our side and 4 dead at one point and the last one left couldnt take it.

yea i was running around with 10 exploding arrows.. awesome fun.. but a bit no go..

But it seems like it varies from map to map :-) just the talking going on on the server when we tested it.! and i wasnt the only one saying it!

it was like one map its like the NY server we are running now. and the next map you had to hit someone 10+ times.. same gun same perks and all.. tried it myself.. got shot 6 or 8 times without dying and the same to the other dude.. :-) we are a harsh crew to make happy sammy ;-)

Hehe. Well I know exactly what would be required to change damage based on the map and it wasnt done. It is possible to have damage modifiers based on map name but I highly doubt Rugger did that. Unless maybe to get you all guessing or an early Halloween gotcha? Did either of you get the armor icon when hit? For the cp, was anyone frozen next to it? Anything else that looked unusual?

• Member ID:  1096
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  789
  • Birthday:  02/21/1955

All was good sammy...some maps we played were optimized well some weren't...fps was all over the place in some maps.

That could easily be fx in the map. Things like fog, or other environmental ones that might not be that noticeable can push it.

Weapons that are just model/anim changes.... ak47, m4, mp5 etc... are no different than their stock counterparts. There is no reason to screw with anything else so we didnt.

Aug model is designed to work with both itself and hbar but the only real difference between the older aug ar and the newer one is the barrel length and the skin. Damage is set at the standard 30 (36 for hbar) to remain consistant with the purpose it is supposed to serve in relation to all other weapons in that class. It was incorrectly set at 40 on the older one. There are damage modifiers for every gun if this is a problem and you can go by majority rules and set the server configs to increase or lower the damage to whatver you think it appropriate.

The ambient stuff does have randomness. Its power is %50... or less... than the streak versions. That includes range and damage. For the ac130 the fx bark is much worse than its bite. The purpose of ambient weapons is to throw in the unexpected. As with guns any or all can be shut off. People can say its unfair. But this is the fog of war not a bake sale. ;)

I am trying to be nicely political about all of this but every person has their own opinion about whether or not something is bugged or broken. In the end we balance everything as a full package. People can say such and such older gun was better. But then again if the 49ers could get away with 16 men on the line while everyone else couldnt they would think it was better also. That doesnt mean it was right.

yea but main issue with the aug is the inaccuracy of it ...accuracy is all over the place and that has been the biggest complaint bout the new mod

Edited by CobraBites

I also hate the random nuke and artillery strikes, can't see many liking that at all, if you are going to get froze at least lets make it so an enemy has to do it not a random strike from the server, also with the Aug and the AK47 i chose both of these weapons with a silencer on a few occasions after i was defrosted these weapons suddenly had a red dot sight, i checked my classes and it had also changed there too ie silencer had changes to red dot sight?

I'll check out the silencer/rds thing. As I said, any of the ambient stuff can be shut off but its a great little adition that will keep you on your toes. And to expect the unexpected. But I will add a little part so that if in ftag and other objective games that if there is only one living player he wont be targeted. But... if you are on the other team where all of you are living hunting for that last player, you are all valid targets unless you have Stealth. If you are that last player I am sure you would welcome an ac130 shooting them up.

As always, if it happens to you it sucks. If it happens to your enemies its great. ;)

Hehe. Well I know exactly what would be required to change damage based on the map and it wasnt done. It is possible to have damage modifiers based on map name but I highly doubt Rugger did that. Unless maybe to get you all guessing or an early Halloween gotcha? Did either of you get the armor icon when hit? For the cp, was anyone frozen next to it? Anything else that looked unusual?

i dont think so sammy. but it could be us having a goofy moment! ;-)

But as SOB says we are also having probs with classes and setups changing when you respawn or the map changes.. and the random nuke and arty strikes should be taken off.. so its something you have to prove skills or just be lucky in the carepackages!! but yea the accuracy are all over the place here and there with most of the guns.. tried 5 or 6 different guns and i couldnt hit a barn gate straight in front of me..

It's true Milky couldn't hit fuck all yesterday...wait a minute he got me twice...DOH!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6536
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63520
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Okay I zipped right past all the other post because I have the headline story of the month. I Bigmeandean actually enjoyed the time I played MF2FT yesterday. I am not an expert at this mod in fact I actually stink at it because I usually have no patience but when I ACTUALLY BEGIN PLAYING IT RIGHT i DID HAVE FUN! mAY BE A TAD SLOW FOR THIS CAT BUT THATS THE EAY FT is played!

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.52
  • Content Count:  11899
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106534
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

I removed the random airstrikes and also changed a couple other things that might help with the weapons. Let me know