Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Too many nukes in mw2 ftag

• Member ID:  1733
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5925
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1967

i agree rascal.  sort of sucks that that type of game play is getting the heat.   i thought we as Idiots were not supposed to discriminate on a persons playing style.    now seems to me that my play style is being discriminated on with the bounty.  my computer sucks so my frame rates suck. so sitting in a strategic place and defrosting my team mates is what i do.   now i get a bounty on me for doing that?

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

Twice I have received two Mininukes on one map in consecutive Care Packages, both utilizing Hardline and by pure luck. I think it would be better if higher killstreaks were kept to Attack Packages. Getting an AC130 or Mininuke after three kills with Hardline is bull shit in my opinion. Granted, some people rarely get more than three or four consecutive kills, so I do not wish to penalize those who may not normally get higher killstreaks.

On a separate note, I don't really like the bounty thing. Just to clarify, I had asked if snipers would receive bounites earlier today, and Bogleg told me they do not. Is that true? I certainly hope so, since not many snipers are mobile, unless you have a background in promod, like myself, but I enjoy being a stealthy sniper on the other side of the map, and I'd hate to receive a bounty because it would ruin the sniping experience. Otherwise, I run and gun with my shotgun, so I am not worried. 

I just want my damn B-2 Spirit! xD

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

I do not understand the complaints of wall spamming.  If i was in a real situation were i had to defend or die i would not hesitate to shoot some one through a wall. and the complaints that are said about no way he should have shot me.  there was a wall there do not add up.  

a bullet will pass through the siding , 2 layers of ply and the insulation of a exterior wall easily.  the inside is usually just two layers of drywall.   a good pellet gun will pass through that.

@Scoarch:

This isn't real life, you wouldn't be spamming a wall with an RPD/SAW in real life to get a +50 show up on your iron when you kill someone and that's a different discussion all together. I was pointing out that it promotes a culture of LMG spamming. I wall spam too, it doesn't bother me, I merely state that I don't think it's good game play. 

@Sammy:

This bounty thing is annoying, very very annoying. Who decided that camping is punishable by humiliation?

Critique - Anyone staying in one place more than 30 seconds gets tagged. I think the timer should be somewhere around 3 minutes. I was in one of those maps with the castle tower. I may move around, but until I jumped off the tower it did not shut up. Also, should it not take the bounty off of you when you have moved?

@Randall:

I have noticed that people with better KDR get better re-rolls or CPs in general. When I get 1 kill per every 3 deaths I get a shit UAV or Counter UAV too, well when I used CPs. So Kudos!

• Member ID:  2582
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  778
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  6919
  • Birthday:  07/22/1991

One other thing I am curious about is saving Care Packages to use at the start of a round. I've noticed that if you use a Care Package at the start of a round that typically you receive an undesirable killstreak, etc, like Resupply. Does the timing of calling in a Care Package affect the outcome?

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Annoying to whom? People that dont camp? Or campers? :lol:

Anyways targeting is based on points not time. It currently requires a bounty of 50, which is deliberately low right now. Otherwise its just points to the other guy when he gets you. Next map the move time will be raised from 30 seconds (also set low for testing) to 60. All you have to do is move 150 units during that 30 seconds. Surely you can do that.

Like I said, part of testing is to find out what works and what is missing. For one, because there seems to be some confusion, I am going to change the moneybag icon on the 2D hud so it only shows if you are actually targeted. Otherwise printline nofitications will tell you that the price has gone up. So if you dont see the bag you know they cant see you. Going to be uploading some additions late this evening, once I am sure they work, that will account for defrosting and being in an RC.

Besides, if you want to snipe from a tower get a sniper rifle.

No those things do not affect what cp awards you get.

• Member ID:  2184
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

I do not understand the complaints of wall spamming.  If i was in a real situation were i had to defend or die i would not hesitate to shoot some one through a wall. and the complaints that are said about no way he should have shot me.  there was a wall there do not add up.  

a bullet will pass through the siding , 2 layers of ply and the insulation of a exterior wall easily.  the inside is usually just two layers of drywall.   a good pellet gun will pass through that.

I don't have a problem with someone shooting me through a wall, if they see me.  What bothers me is the random wallspray looking for hit-markers.  Since the comparison is what could happen in reality, you don't get hit-markers in real life.  That is the only time that I get annoyed at wall-spray.

Moneybags:

I don't mind the moneybags but think the time is a little low.  I do like the concept, however.  Some people tend to abuse map terrain to get themselves hidden for a full map, and never move.  The only way to find them is to spec them. My play style is to get behind the enemy and shoot folks in the back....I'm sure folks would like a moneybag over my head if I was camping "hidden" in their spawn with an MP5.  If folks with sniper rifles are going to get a moneybag then the time should probably be set at 3-5x the amount of time someone with an MG would get.   (e.g. - 90 sec for MG and 480 sec sniping)

• Member ID:  6623
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  213
  • Achievement Points:  2466
  • Birthday:  06/11/1978

Camping is part of the game !

• Member ID:  1450
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1210
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7995
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/02/1997
  • Device:  Linux

Again, I do not agree. Camping is a part of the mod and that's what we have always told people who complained about it. At this point, I won't play anymore as long as the bounty crap is used. 

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

Again, I do not agree. Camping is a part of the mod and that's what we have always told people who complained about it. At this point, I won't play anymore as long as the bounty crap is used.

Much agreed, I won't be in that mod either until it's gone. In my opinion that's is the worst addition to the server as of yet. Now as I understand it is in test mode so fingers crossed it will go away..for not its back to the old freeze tag server or ace mod I guess.

Do you camp continuously? No? Then this is a non issue for you. Funny you mention the ACE mod and the threads I have read recently complaining about spawn campers and such.

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

i dont know about most...but to me all these mini nukes kinda getn boring and is ruining the game for me.....just ppl getn way too many....i ve seen players like tagger boobies exe and few others...that have gotten 4 in one map....i think mostly its due to the re roll option of the care packages wish this could change....2 maps so far today i played in row....i saw ateast 6 mini nukes 4 on just one map...really feel this needs to change to bring back the fun in the game..atleast for me anyways..

+ with u m8.

Yesterday again, 3 nukes in less than 2 rounds, and not a very larger map... Was not really funny... Ironic maybe, but not really funny.

I'm not at all agree with cobra. I think that as tagger or player exe have nuke after a large number of kill. And I think having the opportunity to have nuke when your team loses, makes it possible to reverse the situation and I find it very funny ... I m here for fun, not to finish first. J would like to say that we are not the war on cod 4, but we play .... 

IDIOT: COBRA ...... LOL

I gonna put a (real) mininuke in ur ass next time Frenchi :-).

Mininuke should be not allowed on some minimaps, It ruins the game even if it's funny for the guy who's launching it ahah. 1 in 100 chance could be better Sammy. (and cars should be at 4 kills and not 3, sometimes there are more cars ingame than players... but it's another problem).

The problem with the cars is not the kills required. But because its settings are above the defaults to make it more powerful that it should be for a hard core game. It was fine before imho but then the complaints were that it wasnt powerful enough and not fast enough. So now the damage is higher and the speed is lightening fast. Made them more attractive to set in the loadout. Same with the mininuke. Its current settings are higher than the defaults due to complaints.

Like I said the RC most of the time only gets one kill. Not very good really since it requires you to waste one of the three loadout options. And with all the counter measures players can choose from its not a guaranteed kill either.

Most defaults are generally set with a soft core game in mind but options to customize values. Meaning for example the RC would be against a player with 100 health. Keep in mind this is a server where some people get upset when they cannot kill an enemy with a single shot to the foot.

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

The problem with the cars is not the kills required. But because its settings are above the defaults to make it more powerful that it should be for a hard core game. It was fine before imho but then the complaints were that it wasnt powerful enough and not fast enough. So now the damage is higher and the speed is lightening fast. Made them more attractive to set in the loadout. Same with the mininuke. Its current settings are higher than the defaults due to complaints.

Like I said the RC most of the time only gets one kill. Not very good really since it requires you to waste one of the three loadout options. And with all the counter measures players can choose from its not a guaranteed kill either.

Most defaults are generally set with a soft core game in mind but options to customize values. Meaning for example the RC would be against a player with 100 health. Keep in mind this is a server where some people get upset when they cannot kill an enemy with a single shot to the foot.

I don't see the car as a kill-machine but more as a defrozing-machine, I only kill if I can't defroze no more teammates. And with a car, we can defroze 5-6 teammates (if we're smart enough), so for me it's very powerful.

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972

Do you camp continuously? No? Then this is a non issue for you. Funny you mention the ACE mod and the threads I have read recently complaining about spawn campers and such.

Show me one thread where I complained about spawn camper to validate your rebuttal. As a matter of fact show me one thread where I have ever complained about anything. I typically NEVER complain about anything, I thoroughly enjoy ALL the XI servers I play on.

I don't see the car as a kill-machine but more as a defrozing-machine, I only kill if I can't defroze no more teammates. And with a car, we can defroze 5-6 teammates (if we're smart enough), so for me it's very powerful.

Yes, this is likely why it was made so fast. Not to chase people around but to defrost more players. I remember when I added that ability. It was controversial. It often turned the tide of a battle almost won and some didnt like it when that happened. And now? Nobody has any problems with it.

• Member ID:  6623
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  213
  • Achievement Points:  2466
  • Birthday:  06/11/1978

Well i think that if you look at server numbers - its been quiet.  I have a suspicion that the camper bounty is a huge cause !

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

fkn senty dies too easy .they should have to take an explosion to be disarmed,limit nukes yes and rc cars too/howbout take out nuke from random packages ,that should be earned and turn down damage on rc cars too

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

can we add a llamma cage like in dod?

Sentries are also quite powerful. Especially now since you keep unplaced sentries through death. Knifing sentries is also part of the game. Cars can be annoying but compared to grenade spam it is nothing. Especially blind grenade spam. Funny how I hear so much about the cars but nobody suggests I should cut grenade damage and range in half.