Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

The UK according to FOX TV! WTF!!!

DEEJAYKEG

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

That is incorrect.  I could say %70 of the American people think Saudi Arabia is an enemy of the US. But I cannot prove it. Doesnt mean I must be wrong because in the absence of being challenged to do so I could very well be right. In this case Stewart should have been. You ask to ask yourself why he wasnt.

This is also the kind of thing that happens when a commentator on Fox says something as fact but nobody else inside the conservative world challenges it. Including other people on Fox. If there is no conservative equal to challenge Fox on what it says then it can present whatever it wants as truth. If CNN or Jon Stewart challenges it? They are called lying liberal hacks and their comments are worthless. True or not.

So then who is qualified to critique a news outlet? Politifact tends to be unbiased much of the time and is about as neutral as you'll find. Of the other examples offered by boomboom, if you do a Google search on them they all lean heavily to the left (especially alternet which makes no secret of their bias), and what they report on is rarely questioned. So is it fair that they report on polls pertaining to a competitor with different political ideologies? 

My biggest complaint about ALL of the major news outlets is not what they report but rather what they don't report.  More than anything else, people get pissed off at FOX because they report on things the other networks simply won't talk about, and in my opinion that's anything which makes Democrats look bad.  Examples for me would be the "lost" IRS emails of Lois Lerner, lending billions to green energy companines that are now bankrupt, operation fast & furious, and the US trademark office arbitrarily removing trademark protection for the Washington Redskins. Everthing I know about these events was learned from the web, and most of it originated from FOX. Nobody else would touch it.  In particular, every available detail of the IRS scandal should be brought to the attention of the American public but simply isn't being reported. Why is that?

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Windows

My mistrust stems from personal experience, though I think Stewart has more integrity than conmentators on Fox.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Except for the Redskins thing, because its recent and ongoing, all the others are old news now and there is no new information. All you can do is keep reporting over and over what we already know. After awhile it is just noise.

As for the 'green' thing for example, lots of small companies that the govt sends money to fail. If you want to call it that. Especially defense related. Many billions of dollars are spent, every year, to learn how to do shit. So the things they make up, and more importantly their methods and patents, often go on to great successes. Such as the failed company that made up processes that the US military now uses so equipment is much less dependent on oil. Perhaps you call that a failure because it wasnt an immediate success in the commercial world.

What exactly have you learned about F&F in the last 6-12 months that you didnt already know?

• Member ID:  21058
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  220
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2494
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  20963
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  03/07/1987

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14882
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91065
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

The days of reporting the news without bias or commentary are over. I  remember when I was a kid, the news was reported as straight facts, without commentary.

Fox News for the better of 20 years has put more emphasis on its editorial commentary of the news and less on reporting the facts. Any new network that employs so many political pubits from one side that are former Presidential candidates, worked for that party, have extreme close ties to that party, plus other pundits who represent one side.. Well they have cashed in all credibility when it comes to reporting the news without bias.

I do have to give Fox News some credit. For years the mainstream media have always had a moderate to left leaning focus. Fox has taken all those disenchanted conservatives and given them an outlet to vent. The mainstream media has watered down their market while Fox has cornered the other side.

That is the only reason they are number one in the US.

Except for the Redskins thing, because its recent and ongoing, all the others are old news now and there is no new information. All you can do is keep reporting over and over what we already know. After awhile it is just noise.

As for the 'green' thing for example, lots of small companies that the govt sends money to fail. If you want to call it that. Especially defense related. Many billions of dollars are spent, every year, to learn how to do shit. So the things they make up, and more importantly their methods and patents, often go on to great successes. Such as the failed company that made up processes that the US military now uses so equipment is much less dependent on oil. Perhaps you call that a failure because it wasnt an immediate success in the commercial world.

What exactly have you learned about F&F in the last 6-12 months that you didnt already know?

Let's look at the IRS fiasco. Lois Lerner who was the director of Exempt Oganizations for the IRS was specifically targeting right leaning organizations for excess scrutiny for tax exempt status while allowing left leaning organizations to pass through with no questions asked. When Congress caught wind of this they immediately requested copies of Lois Lerner's emails for the last several years. As soon as a subpoena was issued, the IRS notified Congress that the emails were lost as there was no back-up. Keep in mind that this is a .gov email server with thousands of back-ups every day, so it was obvious to everybody that the emails were deleted to cover something up.

So what's new you ask? Well, in November of 2014 (less than 8 weeks ago) federal investigators recovered over 30,000 emails to and from Lois Lerner that Congress was previously told were unrecoverable because of a crashed computer that wasn't backed up for some strange reason.  So far according to some leaks, there are a number of requests from the department of justice to specifically target tea party and other republican groups. Of course the DOJ is headed up by Eric Holder, Obama's hand-picked henchman who also spearheaded operation Fast & Furious. So why wasn't the recovery of these emails in the news anywhere other than FOX and a few other obscure media outlets? None of the major networks, Huffington Post, hell not even Comedy Central said a word about it.

Let's look at the IRS fiasco. Lois Lerner who was the director of Exempt Oganizations for the IRS was specifically targeting right leaning organizations for excess scrutiny for tax exempt status while allowing left leaning organizations to pass through with no questions asked. When Congress caught wind of this they immediately requested copies of Lois Lerner's emails for the last several years. As soon as a subpoena was issued, the IRS notified Congress that the emails were lost as there was no back-up. Keep in mind that this is a .gov email server with thousands of back-ups every day, so it was obvious to everybody that the emails were deleted to cover something up.

So what's new you ask? Well, in November of 2014 (less than 8 weeks ago) federal investigators recovered over 30,000 emails to and from Lois Lerner that Congress was previously told were unrecoverable because of a crashed computer that wasn't backed up for some strange reason.  So far according to some leaks, there are a number of requests from the department of justice to specifically target tea party and other republican groups. Of course the DOJ is headed up by Eric Holder, Obama's hand-picked henchman who also spearheaded operation Fast & Furious. So why wasn't the recovery of these emails in the news anywhere other than FOX and a few other obscure media outlets? None of the major networks, Huffington Post, hell not even Comedy Central said a word about it.

This message was brought to you by... :lol:

foxnews-avatar_400x400.png

Terry you seem to know a lot about FOX. You must be a big fan. I'm always amazed how people who seemingly hate FOX and Rush Limbaugh know more about them than I could ever hope (or want) to know.

Everything I wrote above was derived from several sources online, none of which were FOX. The part about the lost emails being recovered came from the NY Daily Times. Feel free to point out which parts of what I said were incorrect.

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Guys please keep this going as I am learning a lot from all these points being made!

Terry you seem to know a lot about FOX. You must be a big fan. I'm always amazed how people who seemingly hate FOX and Rush Limbaugh know more about them than I could ever hope (or want) to know.

Everything I wrote above was derived from several sources online, none of which were FOX. The part about the lost emails being recovered came from the NY Daily Times. Feel free to point out which parts of what I said were incorrect.

Hate is to strong of word Steve. If I hated Fox, that would mean I am expending way to much thought and energy on them. I do watch Fox for I know that ALL media coverage are bias to some degree or and Fox does give a prospective that some of the other media dont.

I agree, Fox News did have extensive coverage on the IRS scandal, just as they did on Beghazi and other political issues. But thats my point Steve, you can not deny the fact that Fox News is the talking mouth piece of one side and one side only. How can they be abjective?

Yes, Fox News has been on top of some stories, but shouldnt our News Outlets be void of political rhetoric and bias?

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Well I can see I'm not missing much in the political forum. You all sound like a bunch of babbling Idiot's.

Except you Pete. I put you on the Short Yellow bus with me a long ass time ago. You get a pass. ;)

Can someone notify Rugger that Hxtr is off his meds again?

Hate is to strong of word Steve. If I hated Fox, that would mean I am expending way to much thought and energy on them. I do watch Fox for I know that ALL media coverage are bias to some degree or and Fox does give a prospective that some of the other media dont.

I agree, Fox News did have extensive coverage on the IRS scandal, just as they did on Beghazi and other political issues. But thats my point Steve, you can not deny the fact that Fox News is the talking mouth piece of one side and one side only. How can they be abjective?

Yes, Fox News has been on top of some stories, but shouldnt our News Outlets be void of political rhetoric and bias?

Like I said before Ter, I'm all for fair and balanced reporting. While most of the networks do a great job hiding their hositility toward anything conservative, some like MSNBC make no secret of it at all. NBC, CBS and ABC do it covertly, and simply don't report on subjects they feel show democrats in a bad light.  In my opinion, that's a lot of shit they just don't want to talk about.

As far as I'm concerned, no news outlet has been entirely unbiased since Walter Cronkite retired in 1981. Although privately he was very liberal, his political affiliation stayed behind the scenes and he set the standard for fair and balanced reporting.  When the FCC did away with the Fairness Doctrine in 1987, we saw the rise of political specialty shows like Rush Limbaugh and eventually FOX news, and the disintegration of network news into what it is to this day. I never hear anybody complaining about the bias of MSNBC, Rachael Maddow, The View or Jon Stewart/Steve Colbert, and even you have to admit Terry that those are about as left leaning as it gets. 

Steve, you answered my question with an editorial right from the Hannity handbook. :)

I do agree about Walter though.

Sorry Ter, I can't stand Hannity.

Also, John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are friggin funny lol.. :) You have to admit that.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Since when did 'leaks' become facts?

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

I like Fox News! Not everyone is correct 100% of the time. 

jn

You have to look who runs Fox and NBC, CBS, ABC.

Fox gives you part of the truth. Enough to keep you coming back to see more. I watch Fox most of the time if I watch new because they lie a little less than the others but they still are not telling all the truth. If they did we would shit ourselves and demand change. Instead we argue who is better and who is right.

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

lmao all media is controlled now by big brother spewing shit every time their lips move.to keep the misinformation highway rolling along.....

Since when did 'leaks' become facts?

Things get leaked to the press every day, which in turn leads to more questions asked by reporters which is where the facts come out.

Today there was a perfect example of how the main media outlets refused to run a story that makes the president look bad. Today the Obama administration released 1.6 billion in military and financial aid to Pakistan, something that will be very unpopular with many Americans ever since we found out Pakistan was hiding Osama Bin Laden.

How did I find out? Somebody mentioned it on another fourum I check out and after doing a Google search, the only media outlets reporting it so far are FOX and Al Jazeera. The rest may eventually mention it but none of them seem to be in much of a hurry. In my opinion we shouldn't give another dime to Pakistan, and a lot of other people feel the same way.  As I've said already, I dislike network news more for what they "don't" say.

Things get leaked to the press every day, which in turn leads to more questions asked by reporters which is where the facts come out.

Today there was a perfect example of how the main media outlets refused to run a story that makes the president look bad. Today the Obama administration released 1.6 billion in military and financial aid to Pakistan, something that will be very unpopular with many Americans ever since we found out Pakistan was hiding Osama Bin Laden.

How did I find out? Somebody mentioned it on another fourum I check out and after doing a Google search, the only media outlets reporting it so far are FOX and Al Jazeera. The rest may eventually mention it but none of them seem to be in much of a hurry. In my opinion we shouldn't give another dime to Pakistan, and a lot of other people feel the same way.  As I've said already, I dislike network news more for what they "don't" say.

Hmmmm, I hate to break this to you Steve but the US have been giving military and foreign aid to Pakistan for an odd 60 years.  So this is not "new news", but rather Fox spinning this to piss you off. Fox News may have conveniantly forgot to mention that the Bush Administration released the same (more or less) every year from 2002-2008 to Pakistan.

This is only news to promote Fox's poltical agenda.  :X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_aid_to_Pakistan