Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Clan Tags

Shamu

• Member ID:  715
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943
  • Device:  Windows

Just a casual observation from an old gamer and perhaps a discussion on clan tags.

Why must a potential member be required to drop their clan tags before joining XI?

I also do not direct this to XI alone, the question applies to any clan that requires dropping tags before being admitted.

I go back to the tournament days with MOHAA when TWL matches were common and the issue of tags may have carried more importance because of the tourmament competition.

Of late where a clan has  become a group of gaming friends, or social environment, I see the tag issue as less relevant and perhaps even damaging to clan growth and friendships.

I can see wearing the clans tags when on the clans server but what real difference does it make if they belong to multiple clans?

Hell, I belong to multiple social groups, as perhaps a few of you, and they don't care what other social groups I belong to as a qualification for membership. What good reason is there for gaming clans to be any different?

Just seems to me that in a gaming community based on social interaction that the clan tag issue is a non-productive and antiquated rule doing significantly more harm than good.

I just think the requirement to drop tags simply does more harm than good. It is easily avoided by playing under different names. The clan tag rule is an old practice that has a life of it's own without any real merit for it's existence. I do not know how it got started but I think it's time to stop.

As for the positives of requiring a potential member to drop tags or quit a different clan in order to join a new one I simply cannot see any.

Just my thoughts on tags and the related requirements that would apply to any clan with the rule in place.

Understand I am not focusing on XI in this dialogue but the whole gaming community on a whole and the clan tag rule which I think has outlived it's usefulness, if it ever was useful.

• Member ID:  607
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3338
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33690
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966
  • Device:  Android

I can understand and respect your view and here the main Reason we wear our tags with pride is to show we are part of a community that cares for its members. We are one big Family any member in this family can ask for and recieve help or advice about anything. We are not here for just the gaming but for the friendships we have developed with each other.

Having said that (and I do not speak for the admins) Any player can come into our servers regardless of which clan he belongs too and recieve the same friendship and respect our members get as long as they obey our very simple rules.

So you see as out dated as tags seem WE ARE PROUD TO DISPLAY OUR TAGS TO SHOW THAT WE BELONG TO ONE OF THE FRIENDLIEST MOST HONNEST CLANS THERE IS.

And I for one would never remove these tags

Also we have many registered users here who display their tags and have no problems.

I do understand not all clans are so understanding but hell WE ARE IDIOTS here and proud of it.

• Member ID:  804
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  446
  • Content Count:  3600
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  24386
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/25/1960

I think the major reason for this and please correct me if I am wrong but how do you play in a torny and how do you choose which clan/side you play on if you are on both clans that face each other. I would think that would cause mixed feelings.

• Member ID:  7
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  342
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1976

well ive played at several gaming communities in the past. ive admined at one for several years. i thing the main issue is "gaming community" or clan.  gaming communities general have no rules regarding the use of tags or the use of multiple tags including their own. all are welcome. however they tend to police there servers very aggressivly. banning for such thing a bad language or in some instance camping to much. ive also found out the hard way that "gaming communities" dont last real long.

"clans" on the other hand have a much better stucture. more organisation and respect from the players and organisation. yes some clanners take it way to far and are total assholes but those a few and far between and senior admins usally wont put up with it for long.

in my case for example i chose to ask for admittance into >XI< only after watching the players and the organisation as a whole for a long time. ive played here for months before asking.  im really not into "clanning" at all. but i do see these servers as both a "clan" server and "gaming community" it has a good mix of both. since i spend all of my online gaming time here i thought it was best to support the group in some form or another. i am unable to donate cash at this point so the tags are the next best thing. i guess tags for me is all about respecting the guys that work so damn hard to give me a place to play. if you dont respect the group you play with then i say you should wear any tags at all.

• Member ID:  166
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  877
  • Birthday:  04/03/1984

To me this is just a non-issue.  Regardless of having tags or not we're all still friends it's a chosen method of self identification.  Everyone choses to "join" or not join.  Those who don't doesn't make them an outsider because they chose to not join and joining doesn't give you any special privileges in the gaming environment.  But if you do decide to "join" thats what joining a group is, your want to self identify with that group or team, in this case xtremeidiots and xi tags are like a football jersey they are worn and worn with pride.  I've known lots of players that play often and just never bothered to join and wear the tags and those players are treated just like any other xi.

Quick note:  We all belong to multiple social groups.  You are afterall on the website and servers.  The only way to negativley impact the gaming community or "growth" of gamer clans (guilds for us WoW crackheads) the servers would be "members only" along with the site but thats just lame hence the reason why we welcome anyone to play.  As for dropping the tags before you join in my mind that would be like a football player wearing the chiefs and raiders jersey pick or chose your team either way we always throw out the welcome mat and occasionally the red carpet for anyone.  I just happened to chose XI!

• Member ID:  5
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  359
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2475
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  16234
  • Birthday:  02/02/1966

i wear only >XI< tags and will die with them and be put 6ft under wearing all my >XI< gear i own. this is

a family not just a clan. i love all my clan brothers and sisters we are >XI< and will never DIE. Smile

• Member ID:  615
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3461
  • Birthday:  11/07/1968

I liken it too a football team,, it is an alligiance(spellin) it is a part of human nature to want to belong ,  or not in some cases, to a group,  no matter your age or background there is a feeling of belonging and a good way to promote that is too have "tags",,,,,

However if you have many"Tags" then how can there be that sense of belonging,   just my two penneth worth.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53619
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

easy I won"t do shit for you if your not a member. Family, friend aside. 24 hours in a day and given the choice i would spend that time with somebody willing to spend it with me.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

You may belong to multiple social groups and organizations but you have only one family. And that's the key word here - as mentioned in some other good responses. We like to think of ourselves that way. When you join XI, you become part of this family and we take that relationship seriously. 

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

The ones speaking out for clan tags, all I can say is very well put guys.

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Very well put everybody. Just look at the unity between us clan members and those speaking their mind. That should be enough said. I think you lose this arguement Hagar. I like you very much and enjoy playing with you. But nobody should ever speak bad about XI. This clan has helped me so much getting through all of my health problems. I really look forward to talking and interacting with everyone. Otherwise I would go nuts. I worked damn hard for over 35 years and all of a sudden I have to quit because it would kill me to continue. I need XI if nothing else for my solitude and a place I can be with my friends without having to go anywhere or cost anything.

Thank you all

Bushape>XI< 

One reply concerned me deeply, that of Bushape who may have implied in his post that I "speak bad of XI".

I may have misintrerpreted his comment but wanted to say nothing could be further from the truth. I have enjoyed my time here and hold XI in the highest regard. I also know any other clan members with tags are welcomed on XI with respect and courtesy as are guests like myself.

All I am doing is having a discussion on the value or merits of having to quit a previous clan in order to obtain membership in a clan with a tag rule in place. Merely an opinion if you will and not focused on any specific clan, merely dialogue on a policy that is present in on line gaming.

I simply think requiring a fellow gamer to basically quit another group or family in order to join another group that has a tag policy MAY be a practice that is out of date and unecessary. Remember I also said wear the tags when on that groups server.

I just do not see the harm in a gamer belonging to multiple families or groups. It's not a criticism or anything like that, just an opinion on a practice common in the gaming community.

I also acknowledge there is a pride factor in wearing tags, and pride is an emotional factor much like faith, hard to argue against.

Again, no XI member should take this personally, it's only an opinion about a policy that I think is unecessary in gaming in general.

It just happens to be here because this is where I have been. I have also been through this dialogue on other servers over the years and the open discussion has often been interesting and constructive.

• Member ID:  1368
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  436
  • Birthday:  08/17/1996

Different people feel differenently about it, its open to there own opinion and nobody should critisize another for speaking their mind, but i do think of the clan tags often, i used to run my own clan and quit so as i may become a member of >XI<

• Member ID:  179
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1054
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6817
  • Birthday:  12/07/1981
  • Device:  iPhone

this is a hard post i know you want to share your opinion... but obviously >XI< means alot to alot of us so.... your 100% xi or your not ... that simple....

>XI< 4 LIFE AND DEATH

Awards

• Member ID:  1459
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  80
  • Birthday:  05/19/1989

spartan recon «SR» is that way too, we require you to quit all clans that play the same games as we do before you can join us, to us its a matter of loyalty, if you cannot be in just one clan then how can we know if you are givingjust one clan your all and not the other clan? how can we know if you are sharing sensitive information? how can we trust you at all if you are not dedicated to us solely?

that is why >XI< made the choice to make you leave all yoru other groups to join theirs, they want >XI< to be your number one focus and not a second seat tht you think about sometimes or just make a hafl hearted effort to support it

sorry if i overstepped my bounds by posting my opinion here, admins delete this post if you want

• Member ID:  467
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1721
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  10631
  • Birthday:  09/11/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

WELL......IT's aLL about RESPECT !!!!!
Gameing family and Gameing Buddys
You may play call of duty games (or what ever), and you are a member of the commuity. But your Clan is a so called online family where you hang your Tags. Kind of like a last name. exp PnBear Smith and PnBear Jones same person but last name. today he's a Jones, but last week he was a smith. this can get very deep. But as a child we all had that buddy or friend that would go tell every thing you told them not to tell. this is where 2 clans have problems.
I hang my tags with >XI< and i'm friends with lots of gamers, heck my best buddys in another Clan.
A gaming family.well this is the people when you've had a hard day and help pick you up..or haveing a problem with something and take the time to stop and help out. or just someone to vent to about family or ask about you family.

Kind of like a person who works for GM and Ford, Miller Beer and Coors beer, companys...how do you think that would work out.

add me to Xfire if you like PnBear
had a few beers tonight if this looks like a rambled on...blind in one and cant see out the other...Wink

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

How can you really depend on "teammates" if they are in other clans also and you need them for a scrimmage or a match?  Also, how do you register for and play in matches on any of the recognized ladders, such as clanbase or TWL if you are in multiple groups?  I think you can only be in one clan and play in those leagues.

I believe that there is a certain amount of dedication and loyalty that goes into which clan tags you wear.  I think this is especially true with XI.  We are all very proud of our Tags, as you can tell by the responses here.

Arrgh......I am old enough to know better, the context of the thread gets twisted and lost.

In trying to discuss a concept it seems I have hurt feelings or come across as an atheist entering a house of a God.

Tags are like religion or politics, often best not discussed.Wink

• Member ID:  1051
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  150
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

I have also played with my old tag from my old clan for months on XI servers & NOBODY bothered me about it.

I agree with both sides on this. you should not HAVE to change but you should show pride in your clan.Laughing

This one thing that screwed me up technically, is when I changed my tags I went from 49th place to 1201 on my stats!

So ...f you want a reason  to not have to change your tags this one point carries alot of wieght, unless someone can put me back in my rating spot of 49th [or closer to #1 ]because I put alot of time & effort & now it's flushed down the toilet.Frown

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

Just as the wedding ring that I gave my wife is a pledge of my love and fidelity for her, so is the wearing of my >XI< tags a pledge of love and fidelity for the clan...>XI< till I die...SmileSmile

Awards

Does anyone understand that this was not started with the focus on XI tags?

I simply intended a discussion on the need to entirely quit one clan in order to join another call it Brand Z and Brand Y, it is not about XI.

With the exception of competitive matches such as TWL, which I refereenced in my first post, my opinion is that there is little harm in belonging to two or more groups at the same time.

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

Well.. if we look: http://tinyurl.com/2bfbymq we can see that the owrd actully comes from the scotland and basically means "a group of people joined closely somehow". Now if my history/cultral knowledge serves me right each scottish clan wears a unique identifying quilt, and when they marry - the quilt changes to that of the clan. SO in conclusion to this (kinda weird) take on the situation: When you join a clan you marry to it and wear its (quilt==tag) and in doing so become a member, when you divorce you stop wearing the tags. Iv never seen a scot wearing two kilts with different patterns or a mesh of patterns.

duc xD

• Member ID:  58
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2552
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  16507
  • Birthday:  08/27/1975

Hagar43

Does anyone understand that this was not started with the focus on XI tags?

I simply intended a discussion on the need to entirely quit one clan in order to join another call it Brand Z and Brand Y, it is not about XI.

With the exception of competitive matches such as TWL, which I refereenced in my first post, my opinion is that there is little harm in belonging to two or more groups at the same time.

For your question.  The reason I alot of clans utilize the method of only one clan tag is as in a clan it is more like a family, and in a "group" its more of people that hang out and play a game.  Clans will have that rule of dropping previous clan tags to join thier clan as a means of its like a marriage (family), and a means of showing thier dedicated spirit to belonging to that family (clan).

Past has shown clans that issues due arrise when you have people utilizing 2 clans at a time.  IE this happens when this person double tagging asks "Joe asks clan A - Can I borrow the source for the mod you created I want to see if I can improve it" then loan behold they seperate from clan A that gave them that source code and gives the source to the other clan they belong to clan B.  Now clan A has put alot of time tweaking the original mod oout they created now clan B and A are now rivails, and this never turns out good in the end.

• Member ID:  166
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  877
  • Birthday:  04/03/1984

Cleared by Moderator